Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Changed to premium but won't let me log in in the app

I couldn't log in in the app because of the 14 days rule. I upgraded to premium, and it still won't me let me login. I can in the web version, but not through the app!

• Casual Listener
  • I couldn't log in in the app because of the 14 days rule. I upgraded to premium, and it still won't me let me login. I can in the web version, but not through the app! 
  • Diogomlacerda
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio normalization on mobile devices

If it matters, it's an iPod Touch, but I'd like to know for all mobile devices in general. I've searched the forums but the stuff I've found contradicts the others: I know the option to change it isn't there, but some people think mobile devices use ...

• Regular
  • If it matters, it's an iPod Touch, but I'd like to know for all mobile devices in general.   I've searched the forums but the stuff I've found contradicts the others: I know the option to chan...
  • Audreyv35
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to rearrange my playlists

I have a lot of playlists, and I would like to have the ones I use the most at the top (the ones I use the most happen to be the ones I created first, so they are all the way down at the bottom). Is there no feature like the one the allows you to cha...

• I have a lot of playlists, and I would like to have the ones I use the most at the top (the ones I use the most happen to be the ones I created first, so they are all the way down at the bottom). Is ...
  • cadmielp
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 12 likes

IPhone Turns Off - Offline Library Deletes

Hi Allvery frustrated! I have searched and tried all the recommended solutions but continue to have the following problem:- When my iPhone 6s turns off either by me turning the phone off or the battery dying, my entire offline library deletes. I have...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi All very frustrated! I have searched and tried all the recommended solutions but continue to have the following problem: - When my iPhone 6s turns off either by me turning the phone off or the b...
  • Bogonder
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • delete offline
    Downloaded music disappears
    iphone
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is there no option button to delete a song out of your own playlist?

As a former Android user, I was surprises by the lack of a button to delete a song out of a selfmade playlist. Can u fix that in the update?

• As a former Android user, I was surprises by the lack of a button to delete a song out of a selfmade playlist. Can u fix that in the update?
  • celiniem
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping Tracks/Fast Forwarding + Rewind/ Pausing and UnPausing/Muffled Sound Automatically Glitches

In the last couple of days of me using Spotify I have started having glitches where i play a song and then it starts glitching where it will keep pausing and unpausing, fast forwarding and rewinding, skipping to different tracks when I was just tryin...

• In the last couple of days of me using Spotify I have started having glitches where i play a song and then it starts glitching where it will keep pausing and unpausing, fast forwarding and rewinding,...
  • celiniem
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Downloaded songs are randomly removed

I'm using an iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.3 and every once in a while (sometimes every couple days, sometimes I go a week without seeing this issue) songs that I have saved will be removed and the app will have to redownload them. This has been happening f...

• I'm using an iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.3 and every once in a while (sometimes every couple days, sometimes I go a week without seeing this issue) songs that I have saved will be removed and the app will...
  • kalib_tweli
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

iOS11 skipping tracks issue

I’ve just downloaded iOS11 and am really annoyed that I can no longer skip tracks on my car stereo when connected by both Bluetooth and the lightning cable. I can skip tracks using the car stereo in Apple Music. Help!!!!

• I’ve just downloaded iOS11 and am really annoyed that I can no longer skip tracks on my car stereo when connected by both Bluetooth and the lightning cable. I can skip tracks using the car stereo in ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! 12GB Data, 3 hours of Spotify per day, is that enough?

I have around a 2 hour total commute, and around 3 hours of listening to music per day when not at home. I have 12GB data, how much can I stream per day with 12GB data? Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • I have around a 2 hour total commute, and around 3 hours of listening to music per day when not at home. I have 12GB data, how much can I stream per day with 12GB data?   Thanks.
  • MrKwabs
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot connect to Spotify Connect devices after upgrade to version 8.4.18 on iOS

After I recently upgraded to version 8.4.18 on iOS (both on iPhone 6 and on iPad air 2) Spotify no longer finds any Spotify Connect devices. When selecting a device from an older version of Spotify, it still works.

• After I recently upgraded to version 8.4.18 on iOS (both on iPhone 6 and on iPad air 2) Spotify no longer finds any Spotify Connect devices. When selecting a device from an older version of Spotify, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Problem:

Hello, I'm a beginner with Spotify, I have a free Account and I've got some problem with playlists. When I create one and try to listen it I can't play songs (shuffle mode) which belong to the playlist but only songs choosen automatically by spotify ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm a beginner with Spotify, I have a free Account and I've got some problem with playlists. When I create one and try to listen it I can't play songs (shuffle mode) which belong to the playli...
  • pietroricci80
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Specific Song Won't Stream or Download (not local file)

One certain song (Raspsody In Blue, if it matters) will not play on my phone. The song plays fine on my PC client, and I can control it playing on my PC as normal, but if I try to play the song on my phone, either by selecting it normally or switchin...

• One certain song (Raspsody In Blue, if it matters) will not play on my phone. The song plays fine on my PC client, and I can control it playing on my PC as normal, but if I try to play the song on my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify pause when iPhone screen close or toggle to use other app with iOS11

After updated to iOS11, my bluetooth car audio stop playing Spotify when iPhone screen close or toggle to use other app. It wasn't like this before iOS11.

• After updated to iOS11, my bluetooth car audio stop playing Spotify when iPhone screen close or toggle to use other app. It wasn't like this before iOS11.
  • spi7fire
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! How do I choose what albums to make available offline?

Why does the app download every single song to be made available offline? It's eating up all the space on my iPhone. Aren't I supposed to be able to pick specfic albums from my library that I want to have available offline?Please someone help me figu...

• Casual Listener
  • Why does the app download every single song to be made available offline? It's eating up all the space on my iPhone.   Aren't I supposed to be able to pick specfic albums from my library ...
  • JMGoguen
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Corruption?

I've been a premium member for well over a year and I noticed for my primary playlist (which has 1,291 songs), it has two problems:1. When playing songs in alphabetical order (or shuffle), it gets stuck and only plays about 30-50 of the songs. I test...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been a premium member for well over a year and I noticed for my primary playlist (which has 1,291 songs), it has two problems: 1. When playing songs in alphabetical order (or shuffle), it gets ...
  • jelarv
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone Not Showing On Device List

I have an iPhone 6 and want to play music wirelessly to my speakers. I have an old iPhone 5 plugged into the speakers. Both phones on the same network. Both devices logged into the same (Premium trial) Spotify account. I can play music from the iPhon...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone 6 and want to play music wirelessly to my speakers. I have an old iPhone 5 plugged into the speakers. Both phones on the same network. Both devices logged into the same (Premium tria...
  • norrisworldwide
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist sorting by date added on mobile?

Hi hi hello! So i tried to go through the previous threads before posting but i didn't find any answers to my problem SO here it goes. I was driving home, listening to spotify on mobile and i suddenly noticed that my starred list had changed the song...

• Regular
  • Hi hi hello!   So i tried to go through the previous threads before posting but i didn't find any answers to my problem SO here it goes.   I was driving home, listening to spotify on mo...
  • teqnet
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Very small font in iOS app

Hi there, I recently noticed that the font within the Spotify application on iOS is very, very small. Smaller than the font I use in iOS. I tried to change some settings with fontsize. It makes it bigger, but also the systemwide fontsize. So, the fon...

• Regular
  • Hi there,   I recently noticed that the font within the Spotify application on iOS is very, very small. Smaller than the font I use in iOS.   I tried to change some settings with fontsi...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Ipods that are Spotify compatible.

Hi Guys, I bought an ipod nano 7th gen like 3 years ago now because i wanted something smaller than my phone to use in the gym to play my spotify music. Stupidly i didnt check the compatibility. I tried and tried for the first few weeks, now its an u...

• Hi Guys, I bought an ipod nano 7th gen like 3 years ago now because i wanted something smaller than my phone to use in the gym to play my spotify music. Stupidly i didnt check the compatibility. I tr...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist loads only 15 songs in a row

Hello,One of the last updates changed the setting that you can scroll down to the bottom of a playlist in a row. Now you have to go to the bottom to load the next 15 songs and you have to do this until you reached the end. I have a playlist with over...

• Hello, One of the last updates changed the setting that you can scroll down to the bottom of a playlist in a row. Now you have to go to the bottom to load the next 15 songs and you have to do this u...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes