Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Playlist loads only 15 songs in a row

Hello,One of the last updates changed the setting that you can scroll down to the bottom of a playlist in a row. Now you have to go to the bottom to load the next 15 songs and you have to do this until you reached the end. I have a playlist with over...

• Hello, One of the last updates changed the setting that you can scroll down to the bottom of a playlist in a row. Now you have to go to the bottom to load the next 15 songs and you have to do this u...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs skipping constantly

I've just upgraded to premium and now every song I try and play with my iphone6 Spotify app skips every second and jumps forward ten seconds??!I'm not in any way technically minded, so if anyone can shed any simplified light on this it would be much ...

• I've just upgraded to premium and now every song I try and play with my iphone6 Spotify app skips every second and jumps forward ten seconds??! I'm not in any way technically minded, so if anyone ...
  • Babymowmow
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing random songs???

I do not have premium. I will be shuffle playing a playlist (with more than 15 songs) and out of nowhere, it plays a random song I used to listen to years ago (maybe something from an old playlist?). This happens in the middle of the playlist, not at...

• I do not have premium. I will be shuffle playing a playlist (with more than 15 songs) and out of nowhere, it plays a random song I used to listen to years ago (maybe something from an old playlist?)....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Google chrome app on iphone stops Spotify playback

Using a new iPhone 6+, latest IOS version installed, downloaded Google Chrome yesterday and have been using it while listening to Spotify app. Spotify repeatedly just stops while I'm viewing pages in Chrome. Doesn't happen with any other apps.Any ide...

• Using a new iPhone 6+, latest IOS version installed, downloaded Google Chrome yesterday and have been using it while listening to Spotify app.  Spotify repeatedly just stops while I'm viewing pa...
  • Roman_spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play any songs...

I have an Iphone 7, for a couples days I was able to play songs on spotify. Now I can only use the shuffle button, and theres plenty of song that I don't like and must listen to get to the one song I want... this is very annoying and im not willing t...

• I have an Iphone 7, for a couples days I was able to play songs on spotify. Now I can only  use the shuffle button, and theres plenty of song that I don't like and must listen to get to the one ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sort tracks by reverse-date

Hi guys, I would like to know if it's possible to sort tracks of a playlist (iOS) from the newest to the oldest. There's almost no-sorting option on iOS app. Also, I sort the tracks this way in desktop app but it's not saved in iOS (even in desktop a...

• Visitor
  • Hi guys, I would like to know if it's possible to sort tracks of a playlist (iOS) from the newest to the oldest. There's almost no-sorting option on iOS app. Also, I sort the tracks this way in deskt...
  • maurice_ichi
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble syncing local files from PC to iPhone

Hi, I have some MP3 files on my PC which I play through Spotify, but I want to listen to them on my iPhone as well. When I create a playlist on my PC with those files, the playlist appears on my iPhone (even with the cover) but the songs don't appear...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   I have some MP3 files on my PC which I play through Spotify, but I want to listen to them on my iPhone as well. When I create a playlist on my PC with those files, the playlist appears o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Musik stoppt beim Öffnen von Whatsapp

Hallo zusammen, sobald ich Whatsapp öffne stoppt die Musik. Das habe ich erst seit heute Mittags.Habe mich an- und abgemeldet, die App deinstalliert und wieder installiert und das Problem ist trotzdem noch da. Bei anderen Apps habe ich das nicht.hat ...

• Hallo zusammen, sobald ich Whatsapp öffne stoppt die Musik. Das habe ich erst seit heute Mittags. Habe mich an- und abgemeldet, die App deinstalliert und wieder installiert und das Problem ist trotz...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Pioneer MVH-390BT

Hello,I'm using Spotify Premium with this car stereo but track info is not display correctly. "No title" and "No album" is shown.However, if I plug my iPhone using the usb port, everything works fine.Any help is welcome!Thanks in advance.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm using Spotify Premium with this car stereo but track info is not display correctly. "No title" and "No album" is shown. However, if I plug my iPhone using the usb port, everything wo...
  • fdelarosa
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Volume levels of certain parts of songs are reduced.

This is something that only happens to a select number of songs. The song I most often encounter this with is "Horny Hippies" by the Dodos. The guitar part that starts at 0:32 is very very quiet and I know it is meant to be that quiet in the original...

• Visitor
  • This is something that only happens to a select number of songs. The song I most often encounter this with is "Horny Hippies" by the Dodos. The guitar part that starts at 0:32 is very very quiet and ...
  • PerFie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist cover art

So recently I removed the default (4 album playlist cover) playlist cover and used an image of my own. I have now removed that picture and I want to go back to the original playlist cover I had which were of my first 4 songs that I had added onto the...

• Casual Listener
  • So recently I removed the default (4 album playlist cover) playlist cover and used an image of my own. I have now removed that picture and I want to go back to the original playlist cover I had which...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Local files won't play when using Bluetooth

I've added a few songs (local files) to my Spotify play lists, using my PC and synching with my iPhone. These songs play when I'm listening directly to Spotify on my phone (which I never do but I tried it just to check this issue out), but will not p...

• I've added a few songs (local files) to my Spotify play lists, using my PC and synching with my iPhone. These songs play when I'm listening directly to Spotify on my phone (which I never do but I tri...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Logging off iPod when powered off

My spotify logs off randomly when I turn my iPod off. I always turn my iPod off in the evenings when I get home from work, or when I'm going to be out of the car for a long period of time. Has anyone else had this problem or know a fix for it.

• My spotify logs off randomly when I turn my iPod off. I always turn my iPod off in the evenings when I get home from work, or when I'm going to be out of the car for a long period of time. Has anyone...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Iphone app isnt even letting open the app

I have an iphone 6 s and its been the third time this happens and Spotify hasnt helped at all. I contacted them thru Twitter and they just gave me the same "solutions" over and over. I click on the app and only the Spotify symbol will show and nothin...

• I have an iphone 6 s and its been the third time this happens and Spotify hasnt helped at all. I contacted them thru Twitter and they just gave me the same "solutions" over and over. I click on the a...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't use my Premium Account

Hey therei Can chose songs but cant skipi Can Download Songs but why i Cant skip??i have Premium

• Hey there i Can chose songs but cant skip i Can Download Songs but why i Cant skip?? i have Premium 
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify is shuffling only albums in my playlists

I have a few albums in one of my playlists, and I would like to shuffle all the tracks instead of the albums. Is this possible?

• I have a few albums in one of my playlists, and I would like to shuffle all the tracks instead of the albums. Is this possible?
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Mobile Suggestion: Music Discovery

I have a feature suggestion for the mobile Spotify app. Please add a music discovery feature, similar to Shazam. It would add the discovered songs to a playlist, would also work offline like Shazam does. Spotify would have the added feature of automa...

• Visitor
  • I have a feature suggestion for the mobile Spotify app.   Please add a music discovery feature, similar to Shazam. It would add the discovered songs to a playlist, would also work offline...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New Phone - Songs Missing

I just swtched phones (both iPhones), and now ~70% of my saved music is gone. Playlists are still there, but many artists now only have 1-2 saved songs when I had full albums. I may have been close to the 10,000 song limit before, but now I'm nowhere...

• I just swtched phones (both iPhones), and now ~70% of my saved music is gone. Playlists are still there, but many artists now only have 1-2 saved songs when I had full albums. I may have been close t...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution NEW MUSIC WONT SHOW UP

Post Malone just dropped a new song and I cant find it however it shows up on my friends spotify, help pls

• Post Malone just dropped a new song and I cant find it however it shows up on my friends spotify, help pls
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Ipod won't play offline

Hello, I have an ipod touch and Spotify premium.The problem I have is that I download my music at home and want to access it at work where I have no internet access,I choose all my albums to play offline when I download them.When I get to work and tu...

• Hello, I have an ipod touch and Spotify premium. The problem I have is that I download my music at home and want to access it at work where I have no internet access, I choose all my albums to play...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes