Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Downloading playlist never completes

Have selected a playlist on my iphone 6+ and toggle Download. However, the download never completes and transfers my local file. It says "Downloading...Waiting to download" but never finishes. Please help me update my playlist on my phone! The local ...

• Casual Listener
  • Have selected a playlist on my iphone 6+ and toggle Download.  However, the download never completes and transfers my local file.    It says "Downloading...Waiting to download" bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problem with artis section

Artists section is empty even if I have songs dowloaded in songs section. Why?

• Visitor
  • Artists section is empty even if I have songs dowloaded in songs section. Why?
  • jnorris170
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Reinstall

I deleted Spotify along with a few other apps because I was trying to clear some space on my iPhone and had read that was the only way to remove offline mode songs from your phone. I was able to re-install every app other than Spotify. Spotify will a...

• Casual Listener
  • I deleted Spotify along with a few other apps because I was trying to clear some space on my iPhone and had read that was the only way to remove offline mode songs from your phone. I was able to re-i...
  • calandrarussell
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Mixe

When i am recording Spotify on my iPad, i can rule the sound volume as well as on my iPad but also directly on the dock. But....when I f.i.want to see a 'youtube' film or news bulletin, the Spotify sound is pressing away from the bleutooth connection...

• Visitor
  • When i am recording Spotify on my iPad, i can rule the sound volume as well as on my iPad but also directly on the dock. But....when I f.i.want to see a 'youtube' film or news bulletin, the Spotify s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

What happened to the iPad version?

Since the last update the iPad version is a joke. Basically is the iPhone version stretched. How can a such a big company like Spotify with a millions of users make this? It's an insult to iPad users, specially when the previous version was better.

• Since the last update the iPad version is a joke. Basically is the iPhone version stretched. How can a such a big company like Spotify with a millions of users make this? It's an insult to iPad users...
  • Brändholmen
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Scroll down in the list

Hello, I have a problem on spotify and i can't handle it anymore. It could be bug that's why i am writing. when i try to scroll down to end of my list , most of time it stucks. The screen looks like trying to loading but it can not possible to scroll...

• Hello, I have a problem on spotify and i can't handle it anymore. It could be bug that's why i am writing. when i try to scroll down to end of my list , most of time it stucks. The screen looks like ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Using Spotify on disabled iPhone

Quick question: I'm leaving the country for a few months and was planning on disabling my US phone while I'm away since I can't use it for calls. Can I still use my Spotify app on that phone if I'm a premium member and have downloaded/synced music? T...

• Quick question:   I'm leaving the country for a few months and was planning on disabling my US phone while I'm away since I can't use it for calls. Can I still use my Spotify app on that phone...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local File Will Not Play on iPhone 7, but plays on mac

I need a local file to play on my iPhobe 7. I have downloaded the playlist on my phone and on my mac. Both devices are on the same wifi network. I have allowed for sharing. The local file will play from my mac but not my phone. When using the app on ...

• I need a local file to play on my iPhobe 7. I have downloaded the playlist on my phone and on my mac. Both devices are on the same wifi network. I have allowed for sharing. The local file will play f...
  • jnorris170
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My songs in my stared playlist disappeared and now I can't even add songs that playlist. Please help

My songs in my stared playlist disappeared and now I can't even add songs to that playlist. Adding songs but still 'zero' songs in it. If anyone knows the answer please help. Thank you.

• My songs in my stared playlist disappeared and now I can't even add songs to that playlist. Adding songs but still 'zero' songs in it. If anyone knows the answer please help. Thank you.
  • jnorris170
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot log in.

Attempting to log in to my Spotify account on newly acquired iPad. Log in through my Facebook account and then receive denial message that I cannot use Spotify for more than a limited number of days abroad. I am at my home address.

• Attempting to log in to my Spotify account on newly acquired iPad.  Log in through my Facebook account and then receive denial message that I cannot use Spotify for more than a limited number of...
  • jnorris170
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix missing?

as of today my "daily mix" seems to have dissappeared. I've looked everywhere. Was it removed with the latest release? I even updated and I still don't see it. Rebooted my phone as well. I see it on the desktop version, just not my iphone.

• as of today my "daily mix" seems to have dissappeared.  I've looked everywhere.  Was it removed with the latest release?  I even updated and I still don't see it.  Rebooted my pho...
  • jnorris170
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Search does not work in iPhone app

hi there, Quick question: is there something going on with Spotify? It will not let me search for any artist (AN ERROR OCURRED) or when I try to go into an album, nothing shows up, but I am able to play downloaded music from my playlists. Any news or...

• Regular
  • hi there,   Quick question: is there something going on with Spotify? It will not let me search for any artist (AN ERROR OCURRED) or when I try to go into an album, nothing shows up, but I am ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Large playlists not loading

I have multiple large downloaded playlists and with the ones with more than 50-100 songs, when I go into the playlist and scroll down, it stops with a loading icon, I have to go back and go into the playlist again for the rest of the songs to downloa...

• Casual Listener
  • I have multiple large downloaded playlists and with the ones with more than 50-100 songs, when I go into the playlist and scroll down, it stops with a loading icon, I have to go back and go into the ...
  • faithmichaels
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Lyrics

Genius lyrics not working on my iPhone. It's turned on in settings but won't come up for any song.

• Genius lyrics not working on my iPhone. It's turned on in settings but won't come up for any song. 😕
  • jnorris170
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Extremly slow download

What's going on?I'm trying to download and sync my songs but it takes so long time.Even on my phone AND on my computer.What is going on? I'm furious over here -.-

•  What's going on? I'm trying to download and sync my songs but it takes so long time. Even on my phone AND on my computer. What is going on? I'm furious over here -.-
  • jnorris170
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant download songs

I cant download songs, because it says the storage of my phone (Iphone5c) is full, even if there are nearly 200 MB empty. I saved around 500 songs. So the limit is still far away.Greetings, Max

• I cant download songs, because it says the storage of my phone (Iphone5c) is full, even if there are nearly 200 MB empty. I saved around 500 songs. So the limit is still far away. Greetings, Max
  • jnorris170
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Reloading probelem

Why does this continue?

• Why does this continue?
  • jnorris170
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unsaved album doesn't load properly; blank with no tracks and cover

I just started having this problem where unsaved albums on my recently played list and search function come up completely blank, with no tracks, album cover or even the ability to download songs. This problem is occurring on the Spotify app on my IPa...

• Casual Listener
  • I just started having this problem where unsaved albums on my recently played list and search function come up completely blank, with no tracks, album cover or even the ability to download songs.&nbs...
  • sheldonh44
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play in iOS

I can't listen to one selected playlist anymore because Spotify shuffle all my songs, of all playlists that I have and not only the one I want listen to! This really is annoying! How can I fix that? I'm using iPhone 6, iOS 10.3.

• Regular
  • I can't listen to one selected playlist anymore because Spotify shuffle all my songs, of all playlists that I have and not only the one I want listen to! This really is annoy...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

3 devices limit bug

I just bought a new iPhone.Installed Spotify then started downloading my offline songs to be notified after I downloaded 1000 songs that I had reached the 3 devices limit. Fair enough I go to device management and see 3 devices all called the same (i...

• Casual Listener
  • I just bought a new iPhone. Installed Spotify then started downloading my offline songs to be notified after I downloaded 1000 songs that I had reached the 3 devices limit. Fair enough I go to devic...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes