Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

My behind the lyrics doesn't work anymore on my ios devices.

I've tried with various song of "behind the lyrics" playlists, but nothing! I've reinstall the app but nothing. I have a premium italian account. Please help me because I really love this feature, and I want it back as soon as possible.

• Regular
  • I've tried with various song of "behind the lyrics" playlists, but nothing! I've reinstall the app but nothing. I have a premium italian account. Please help me because I really love this feature, an...
  • krazeechester
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

deleting songs by mistake on a iPhone

I deleted some songs from a playlist whilst listening on my iPhone and I'd like to get them back — it seems too easy to delete as there is no 'are you sure' question when you swipe the song. I'd like to know what I deleted (and put them back ...) as ...

• Regular
  • I deleted some songs from a playlist whilst listening on my iPhone and I'd like to get them back — it seems too easy to delete as there is no 'are you sure' question when you swipe the song.  I...
  • bella_patterson
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist

My playlist is pretty broken. I have a long one with about 10 different artists on it, but everytime I shuffle it, it only plays songs by 1 artist, and are the same 20 songs every time. How can I fix this?

• My playlist is pretty broken. I have a long one with about 10 different artists on it, but everytime I shuffle it, it only plays songs by 1 artist, and are the same 20 songs every time. How can I fix...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Where is REPEAT and SHUFFLE Button after Update 8.4.0 !!!

Where is REPEAT and SHUFFLE Button after Update 8.4.0 !!! There are now "Thumbs Up" and "Thumbs down" Buttons... Why! If I like the track, i add it to list. If I dont, I dont...! And if u Spotify wanna better knowledge, of what I like and not... U HA...

• Casual Listener
  • Where is REPEAT and SHUFFLE Button after Update 8.4.0 !!!   There are now "Thumbs Up" and "Thumbs down" Buttons... Why! If I like the track, i add it to list. If I dont, I dont...! And if u Sp...
  • gemstormer
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Problem with buffering playlist

After latest update 3-6weeks ago I have problems viewing my playlists. Note I have playlists with 700+ songs. It seems like it now auto downloads view of 100 songs and not the rest before you start scrolling. And since I often want to listen the late...

• Casual Listener
  • After latest update 3-6weeks ago I have problems viewing my playlists. Note I have playlists with 700+ songs. It seems like it now auto downloads view of 100 songs and not the rest before you start s...
  • Iliad
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! HEEEEEEELP ME 😭

Good morning! I have an iPad 3rd generation is an iPod 5th generation all are updated but I face difficulties to use Spotify. The application opens, I select a song and then it closes itself. Can someone help me please?

• Casual Listener
  • Good morning!     I have an iPad 3rd generation is an iPod 5th generation all are updated but I face difficulties to use Spotify. The application opens, I select a song and then it closes ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

App has frozen "waiting"

Hi there my Spotify app is dark grey and says "waiting" on my ipad. It's been like this for a day I've tried deleting the app, but when I click the X and select delete it does nothing. I've rebooted my iPad, still not fixed. Any ideas? thanks!

• Hi there   my Spotify app is dark grey and says "waiting" on my ipad. It's been like this for a day I've tried deleting the app, but when I click the X and select delete it does nothing. I've ...
  • lennartdevrijer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs pause/freeze after 11 seconds and won't play again?

Occasionally, when I try to play a song, the song will randomly freeze (it doesn't pause, the little icon says it is still playing) and the timer freezes. I can't play the song again unless I uninstall and reinstall the entire app. This always happen...

• Visitor
  • Occasionally, when I try to play a song, the song will randomly freeze (it doesn't pause, the little icon says it is still playing) and the timer freezes. I can't play the song again unless I uninsta...
  • Scottlycz
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

My playlist is not playing in order

I have my playlist sorted by the artist and shuffling is off but the songs just don't play in order however when I connect to PC and select listen on iPhone the songs play in order. Please help me because this is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance

• Regular
  • I have my playlist sorted by the artist and shuffling is off but the songs just don't play in order however when I connect to PC and select listen on iPhone the songs play in order. Please help me be...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Sort order recently added

Hi, My playlist does not sort in the right order when choosing recently added.The default sort order (ascending) should simply be reversed to descending when choosing recently added but on several devices this does not work. This is using ios version...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   My playlist does not sort in the right order when choosing recently added. The default sort order (ascending) should simply be reversed to descending when choosing recently added but on...
  • kokkiloras
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    iOS
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify only playing 11 seconds of songs!

Hey guys,Never had a single problem with Spotify (I have Spotify Premium) till today but this morning I have noticed that certain songs will only allow me to play the first 11 or so seconds of the song before it stops playing. The bar also stops movi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, Never had a single problem with Spotify (I have Spotify Premium) till today but this morning I have noticed that certain songs will only allow me to play the first 11 or so seconds of th...
  • mikburls
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

楽曲がダウンロードされない

Dare to post in Japanese. ローカルファイルをiPhoneで再生できない場合があります。具体的には iTunes11.xx.xx でエンコードした楽曲はiPhoneにダウンロードして再生ができますが、iTunes 9.xx.xx でエンコードした楽曲がダウンロードされません。なお、Windows PC上のSpotify Softwareからはいずれのタイプの楽曲も再生できます。どうしてでしょうか?

• Casual Listener
  • Dare to post in Japanese.   ローカルファイルをiPhoneで再生できない場合があります。具体的には iTunes11.xx.xx でエンコードした楽曲はiPhoneにダウンロードして再生ができますが、iTunes 9.xx.xx でエンコードした楽曲がダウンロードされません。なお、Windows PC上のSpotify Softwareからはいずれのタイ...
  • spmatu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Probleme avec l'odre des morceaux sur ma playlist

bonjour à tous, j'ai pour la 2e fois deja un problème avec l'ordre des morceaux de ma playlist qui se sont tout à coup tous inversés. c'est à dire le premier morceau se retrouve en dernier et inversement.j'ai réinstallé l'application plusieurs fois s...

• bonjour à tous,    j'ai pour la 2e fois deja un problème avec l'ordre des morceaux de ma playlist qui se sont tout à coup tous inversés. c'est à dire le premier morceau se retrouve en der...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App closes when I play songs online

I can only listen to songs that I have downloaded for offline listening. When I try to listen online the app just closes itself within a matter of seconds.

• Casual Listener
  • I can only listen to songs that I have downloaded for offline listening. When I try to listen online the app just closes itself within a matter of seconds.
  • TF11
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Download problem

This has been happening for over a month. Downloads get undownloaded. Every time I play music it stops randomly. I've lost a lot of tracks. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Still problematic.

• This has been happening for over a month. Downloads get undownloaded. Every time I play music it stops randomly. I've lost a lot of tracks. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Still problematic.
  • johnmurphy1989
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why wont my music play more than seconds?

My music stops playing after 7-10 seconds. I can skip the song and it's does the same thing to the next song. The ads play perfectly, but that is it. Please help!

• My music stops playing after 7-10 seconds. I can skip the song and it's does the same thing to the next song. The ads play perfectly, but that is it. Please help!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Update 8.3.0 😭😔 on Ipad

Hi, I'm very upset! I have start my Spotify today morning after automatic update.Last Spotify update transform my IPad into a huge iPhone i was very satisfied, it was nicely organized app until now. Now I can see only one playlist at time. Menu moved...

• Regular
  • Hi, I'm very upset!  I have start my Spotify today morning after automatic update. Last Spotify update transform my IPad into a huge iPhone 😞 i was very satisfied, it was nicely organized app...
  • badrowbot
  • Gig Goer
  • 17 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 18 likes

A few questions about Spotify on my IPhone

Hi people, I just installed Spotify on my Iphone. Some things are unclear to me: 1. Where can I find the 'help' button?2. When I want to listen to music I can only shuffle the tracks, why is that? And what if I want to listen to the tracks like they ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi people, I just installed Spotify on my Iphone. Some things are unclear to me:   1. Where can I find the 'help' button? 2. When I want to listen to music I can only shuffle the tracks, why ...
  • TorilSusegg
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

The songs stop playing half way through the songs

I have Premium accoung activated on 4 devices and now all of a sudden when I´m listening to music on my Ipad all the songs stop playing half way trough. I´ve deleted the app, reinstalled it, logged out and in again, have tried offline mode and online...

• I have Premium accoung activated on 4 devices and now all of a sudden when I´m listening to music on my Ipad all the songs stop playing half way trough. I´ve deleted the app, reinstalled it, logged o...
  • Jonnson54
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS App Starting up Halfway on its Own

Hey guys. I'm on a premium subscription on an iPod 7.1 with the latest update.My issues are twofold: First, often when earbuds are plugged in without Spotify open the app will halfway start up in the background. What I mean by this is my last track w...

• Regular
  • Hey guys. I'm on a premium subscription on an iPod 7.1 with the latest update. My issues are twofold: First, often when earbuds are plugged in without Spotify open the app will halfway start up in...
  • dylanhalladay02
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
    iOS
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes