Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Scrolling in now playing

Is it possible to scroll left in now playing? For example I'll listen to a few songs on radio and want to go back and thumbs up the ones I like, but I have to do it only with the song currently playing?

• Is it possible to scroll left in now playing? For example I'll listen to a few songs on radio and want to go back and thumbs up the ones I like, but I have to do it only with the song currently playi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Qr codes does not show, or camera fuction does not show.

I updated to The newest version of Spotify a couple of days ago. My friends showed me this cool new feater were You could Add songs and playlist thru your camera, just scanning a code. But i does not have this feater! I dont know Why, because i have ...

• I updated to The newest version of Spotify a couple of days ago. My friends showed me this cool new feater were You could Add songs and playlist thru your camera, just scanning a code. But i does not...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist won't sort

Hi!Just went from a Galaxy S7 to a IPhone 7 plus and i keep having problems with sorting my playlists. As standard they are sortet as custom but i want them sortet to recently added so i change them. But they keep changing back... any ideas? On my S7...

• Regular
  • Hi! Just went from a Galaxy S7 to a IPhone 7 plus and i keep having problems with sorting my playlists. As standard they are sortet as custom but i want them sortet to recently added so i change t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play some songs, chosen at random.

I still keep a "Starred" playlist on my spotify account, and I add to it frequently. I keep the whole thing downloaded, and started having an issue about 1 - 1.5 years ago where the application simply refuses to play some specific songs. My playlist ...

• Visitor
  • I still keep a "Starred" playlist on my spotify account, and I add to it frequently. I keep the whole thing downloaded, and started having an issue about 1 - 1.5 years ago where the application ...
  • cindybata
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Broken song
    Broken songs
    bug
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How to delete songs from playlist from song screen?

Hi,I have a problem that when I shuffle my playlist, I often find songs I never listen to anymore. There is maybe 5-600 songs in the playlist.It is way to cumbersome to start looking through all those songs to find the one I want to delete.Is there a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a problem that when I shuffle my playlist, I often find songs I never listen to anymore. There is maybe 5-600 songs in the playlist. It is way to cumbersome to start looking through all ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle on Carplay

I'm a non premium user and for some reason the playlists wont start in shuffle mode, it will only play the songs in the order added to the playlist which is annoying! if i get out my phone and hit shuffle then connect it up to carplay (Mercedes) it w...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a non premium user and for some reason the playlists wont start in shuffle mode, it will only play the songs in the order added to the playlist which is annoying!   if i get out my phone a...
  • SJM2016
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App randomly switches from my playlist to random foreign language playlist

Often when I'm listening to Spotify on my phone (iPhone 7), I have this problem: I am listening to a playlist that I have created, and it will switch mid song to a random foreign language (I think it's Korean?) playlist. This is driving me nuts, espe...

• Casual Listener
  • Often when I'm listening to Spotify on my phone (iPhone 7), I have this problem:   I am listening to a playlist that I have created, and it will switch mid song to a random foreign language (I...
  • JaimeNicole54
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Problems installing Spotify on new iPhone 6S

Hi! I do not succeed in installing Spotify on my new iPhone 6S. I have Spotify Premium (Family). I have also had Spotify installed on my old iPhone 4 and my iPad. I've deleted it from these two other units, thinking that that would interfere (althoug...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   I do not succeed in installing Spotify on my new iPhone 6S. I have Spotify Premium (Family). I have also had Spotify installed on my old iPhone 4 and my iPad. I've deleted it from these ...
  • ant0n1
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can play from my list but not browse, says there is no internet connection, which we know is false

This is the same issue for both of our IOS devices. We can stream, play online, shop and just about everything but get Spotify to function fully. We've re-down loaded ap's for both devices, reset our connections and both devices. With no luck what so...

• Casual Listener
  • This is the same issue for both of our IOS devices. We can stream, play online, shop and just about everything but get Spotify to function fully. We've re-down loaded ap's for both devices, reset our...
  • Resin
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

My Daily Mix

I'm listening to one of the 'My Daily Mix' lists on my iphone and it will play the first few songs then go back to the beginning. Then it'll start playing each song twice in a row. When I go farther down and the list and select a song to play it'll p...

• I'm listening to one of the 'My Daily Mix' lists on my iphone and it will play the first few songs then go back to the beginning. Then it'll start playing each song twice in a row. When I go farther ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New phone, having Spotify issues

On my old phone, whenever I would add music to playlists they would automatically be added to the list of all songs in my library. With my new phone, my song list looks way off and any new songs I add to playlists are not being added to my song list....

• Casual Listener
  • On my old phone, whenever I would add music to playlists they would automatically be added to the list of all songs in my library. With my new phone, my song list looks way off and any new songs I ad...
  • jnorris170
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recommended music

Ever since I updated the app it won't play any of the music on my playlist, it strictly plays recommended music. How can I get it to stop?

• Ever since I updated the app it won't play any of the music on my playlist, it strictly plays recommended music. How can I get it to stop?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Randomly Stops Playing Between Tracks

Occasionally Spotify will stop playing a song when there's only a couple of seconds left. The player doesn't automatically play the next song and I need to skip forward. I've noticed some songs I stream from my playlists always have the issues. Other...

• Casual Listener
  • Occasionally Spotify will stop playing a song when there's only a couple of seconds left. The player doesn't automatically play the next song and I need to skip forward. I've noticed some songs I str...
  • miketse12
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone app doesn't work

Brief description of the issue:I have a family account used by two people. The application works fine in mac, but it does not in our iPhones. Even if I can play my playlists and albums, I can't access the home, explore, search and radio tabs. It happ...

• Visitor
  • Brief description of the issue: I have a family account used by two people. The application works fine in mac, but it does not in our iPhones. Even if I can play my playlists and albums, I can't acc...
  • popip
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    iphone
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! downloading spotify for ios 6.1.6

is there any way to download Spotify on ios 6.1.6 whenever I try to install it says it's only available for ios 8 and then doesn't appear in my purchased any help would be appreciated.

• Regular
  • is there any way to download Spotify on ios 6.1.6 whenever I try to install it says it's only available for ios 8 and then doesn't appear in my purchased any help would be appreciated.  &nb...
  • hamish132
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Controles com vida prória no Iphone 5S

Estou tendo problemas com o aplicativo do Spotify no Iphone. De uns dias pra cá, quando eu abro o aplicativo e bloqueio a tela, ele pausa as músicas, retrocede, pula, dá play de novo, e mais um monte de coisas, sem que eu esteja controlando pelo fone...

• Estou tendo problemas com o aplicativo do Spotify no Iphone. De uns dias pra cá, quando eu abro o aplicativo e bloqueio a tela, ele pausa as músicas, retrocede, pula, dá play de novo, e mais um monte...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

NO OPTION TO CONNECT SOUNDHOUND TO SPOTIFY (IOS)

Hi. I have a question, I do not have any option to connect soundhound to spotify and also, there is no pop up or anything that will let me connect spotify to soundhound. Please help me..

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I have a question, I do not have any option to connect soundhound to spotify and also, there is no pop up or anything that will let me connect spotify to soundhound. Please help me..
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Clear search history...

Hello there! I´d like to know how to clear search results on Iphone App. I just can´t find this option anymore. I´m using version 3.4.0 Thanks

• Music Fan
  •   Hello there!   I´d like to know how to clear search results on Iphone App. I just can´t find this option anymore. I´m using version 3.4.0     Thanks    
  • joannepeng
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify destroying my battery

This is absolutely ridiculous. A music player in "offline" mode and with background refresh turned off has slashed 80% of the battery on my new iPhone 7 (new in January) within 6 hours while on wifi. Phone gets disturbingly hot as well. Been doing th...

• This is absolutely ridiculous. A music player in "offline" mode and with background refresh turned off has slashed 80% of the battery on my new iPhone 7 (new in January) within 6 hours while on wifi....
  • simoon7
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Re: Spotify on iphone

Have an apple 6s...how do I get the tracks from an album that I've "saved to my library" to play in the order shown on album, instead of being "shuffled" all the time - or is that just the way it is w/Spotify. This DOESN'T happen when I use my phone ...

• Have an apple 6s...how do I get the tracks from an album that I've "saved to my library" to play in the order shown on album, instead of being "shuffled" all the time - or is that just the way it is ...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes