Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Using Discover with music available on my iPod touch

I've been playing imported local music, as in music files synced to my iPod touch thru iTunes, then imported to Spotify in-app. Will I get Discover recommendations by doing so or will I have to listen to Spotify's streaming service in order to get re...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been playing imported local music, as in music files synced to my iPod touch thru iTunes, then imported to Spotify in-app. Will I get Discover recommendations by doing so or will I have to liste...
  • foxontherails
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Want Spotify to continue playing after I take a call

I'm using iPhone 6. My spotify app used to pause for calls and then continue to play after I hung up. Now it pauses, but doesn't unpause after calls, I have to go in each time and hit play. Any ideas??

• I'm using iPhone 6.  My spotify app used to pause for calls and then continue to play after I hung up.     Now it pauses, but doesn't unpause after calls, I have to go in each time a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Do I need to download music to individual devices to make them available on each device when offline

Hey, If I download my playlists to my computer will they automatically be available on my phone in offline mode? And visa versa? Or do I need to individually download to each device?

• Hey,    If I download my playlists to my computer will they automatically be available on my phone in offline mode?    And visa versa?    Or do I need to individua...
  • nick_1190
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Crashes eveytime we log in on iPad and iphone

We have a family plan and as soon as we log in the app immediately crashes.

• We have a family plan and as soon as we log in the app immediately crashes.   
  • ebroel
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

How do you fix this

I've tried eveything all the toubleshooter aticle said and it doesn't work. Checked setting! And reinstalled it 5 times. Help plz!

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried eveything all the toubleshooter aticle said and it doesn't work. Checked setting! And reinstalled it 5 times. Help plz!
  • ErickRGuetta
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Removed songs re-download again

Hey guys, I've got a problem. I'm trying to free up space by removing downloaded songs in my library, and all is well, I've freed up several gigabytes, only to find over the next few days it's downloading them all again. Is there an automatic downloa...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys,   I've got a problem. I'm trying to free up space by removing downloaded songs in my library, and all is well, I've freed up several gigabytes,  only to find over the next few d...
  • Joheart
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

One Local File in Playlist won't sync

The song is 'Icehouse' by 'Icehouse' on the album 'Icehouse'. Some facts: 1. The album is not available on Spotify2. All the 'other' songs on the playlist associated with that local album sync (no firewall issues, all the other local files sync just ...

• Gig Goer
  • The song is 'Icehouse' by 'Icehouse' on the album 'Icehouse'.   Some facts:   1. The album is not available on Spotify 2. All the 'other' songs on the playlist associated with that loc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant view artists App Connect

When using App Connect in a VW Golf I cannot view my library by artists. I can search by song and album where all of my downloaded songs appear but the artists list appears as empty. Can anybody shed any light on why this may be?

• When using App Connect in a VW Golf I cannot view my library by artists. I can search by song and album where all of my downloaded songs appear but the artists list appears as empty.     ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mobile] Apple Watch

I used to be able to switch between songs on the music app on my apple watch before the last update! please bring this back!

• I used to be able to switch between songs on the music app on my apple watch before the last update! please bring this back!
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mobile
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

spotify on iphone

spotify on iphone just started to not play songs in order from like every album in existence.it used to do it with no problem but it just changed the other dayit's really getting on my nerves as I like to play a new album in order the first listen an...

• Casual Listener
  • spotify on iphone just started to not play songs in order from like every album in existence. it used to do it with no problem but it just changed the other day it's really getting on my nerves...
  • urban22r
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PUBLIC PLAYLIST AREN'T WORKING!

my public playlists aren't appearing to others! what i might do?

• Casual Listener
  • my public playlists aren't appearing to others! what i might do?
  • gigi2001sidi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I miss the landscape function on my iPhone 7plus

Dear people,is there a function to activate the landscape modus on my iPhone 7plus? I appreciate your answers.Cheers Jerryl

• Dear people, is there a function to activate the landscape modus on my iPhone 7plus? I appreciate your answers. Cheers Jerryl
  • adriank1410
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not showing up?

So I've just installed the latest update and I can't seem to find songs in my library that I know are saved there. When I save a new song it doesn't show up in my songs.

• So I've just installed the latest update and I can't seem to find songs in my library that I know are saved there. When I save a new song it doesn't show up in my songs.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium Account Crashing on iPhone 5c iOS 10.0.2 app version 6.8.0

Brief description of the issue: Spotify crashes within seconds of openingSteps to reproduce the issue:First I did this Then I did that I also did thisWhat steps you’ve tried already: cleared Safari cache method; tried opening with different acount on...

• Brief description of the issue: Spotify crashes within seconds of opening Steps to reproduce the issue: First I did this  Then I did that  I also did this What steps you’ve tried alr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 7 app crashes

My Spotify simply won't open. I try to open the app and it forcefully closes almost immediately as the logo disappears. I've restated my phone, and also deleted and re-installed the app but as soon as I log in to my personal account it forcefully clo...

• My Spotify simply won't open. I try to open the app and it forcefully closes almost immediately as the logo disappears. I've restated my phone, and also deleted and re-installed the app but as soon a...
  • Scottjbco
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Mixtape not existing on iOS, available on Android

Hey, i´m using Spotify (latest Version available) on iOS 10 (iPhone 6 and iPad) My Phone for Work (Xperia Z3) with Android 6.0.1 shows me the Mixtapes on my library.At iOS the Mixtapes section does not exist. I cannot explain it to myself PS: Please ...

• Hey,   i´m using Spotify (latest Version available) on iOS 10 (iPhone 6 and iPad)   My Phone for Work (Xperia Z3) with Android 6.0.1 shows me the Mixtapes on my library. At iOS the Mix...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify shutting down

So I installed the update from the App Store yesterday. Now on two different devices. iPhone 7 plus and iPad mini 3 it starts to play and then shuts down. Now I know it's not a hardware issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. But no luck. Pleas...

• Casual Listener
  • So I installed the update from the App Store yesterday. Now on two different devices. iPhone 7 plus and iPad mini 3 it starts to play and then shuts down. Now I know it's not a hardware issue. I trie...
  • Scottjbco
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

False Advertising - 30 minutes of ad-free music

When listening to Spotify on my iPad, each time I get the message that says I get 30 minutes of ad-free music for watching a message from a sponsor, I never get 30 minutes of ad-free music. I get 15 minutes at most. This is false advertising and it's...

• When listening to Spotify on my iPad, each time I get the message that says I get 30 minutes of ad-free music for watching a message from a sponsor, I never get 30 minutes of ad-free music. I get 15 ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone app does not exit from memory when closed

Spotify Premium, app version 6.8.0.3786Iphone 6 running iOS 10.1.1 Steps to repeat problem:1. Open Spotify and play a song.2. Double-tap home button, and "swipe up" to close Spotify app.3. Lock phone. 4. Wake phone, and on the lock screen you will se...

• Regular
  • Spotify Premium, app version 6.8.0.3786 Iphone 6 running iOS 10.1.1   Steps to repeat problem: 1. Open Spotify and play a song. 2. Double-tap home button, and "swipe up" to close Spotify ap...
  • mikegrubbs
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can not find my Daily Mix!

I've restarted my iphone 5, updated it, logged out and back in, reinstalled the app & updated the app. I've been a premium user for over a year and I listen to a ton of music.It's not showing up in my playlists OR when I search for Daily Mix. I've ch...

• Casual Listener
  • I've restarted my iphone 5, updated it, logged out and back in, reinstalled the app & updated the app. I've been a premium user for over a year and I listen to a ton of music. It's not showing...
  • Shawnpacz
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes