Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2-step verification?

Solved!

2-step verification?

Hi, just had my entire post be deleted thanks to my phone so I'm making this short and sweet. 

For the past 24 hours, my account has been logged into 3 times, all from completely different countries. My account with THOUSANDS of songs liked I feel is in danger, and if it all of a sudden disappears thanks to the lack of an update from the team behind Spotify then I don't see myself using or advising Spotify. We have not gotten any sort of an update for 3 years regarding 2-step verification and that worries me. A phone number message, an email confirming that you're trying to log in, ANYTHING. I just want an update or something, the security for accounts on Spotify is abismal and needs looking at ASAP. Especially since I'm a premium subscriber, I feel like I'm a prime target of having my account logged into and I'm tempted to opt-out if nothing changes in order to save my account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @DeathRabbit, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I agree, this sounds like a great idea! 

I've passed your feedback on to the right folks and that the security of your accounts remains Spotify's top priority. The development team is constantly looking into new ways to increase the protection of its users and two-factor authentication is one of the mechanisms under consideration.

I'd recommend that you head over to the idea that requests the introduction of this feature and +VOTE for it. Spotify will inform on any developments there, as soon as there are any. So make sure to subscribe, if you haven't already. 

In the meantime, it's a good idea to check up on these tips on how to secure your account in this Support article.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @DeathRabbit, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I agree, this sounds like a great idea! 

I've passed your feedback on to the right folks and that the security of your accounts remains Spotify's top priority. The development team is constantly looking into new ways to increase the protection of its users and two-factor authentication is one of the mechanisms under consideration.

I'd recommend that you head over to the idea that requests the introduction of this feature and +VOTE for it. Spotify will inform on any developments there, as soon as there are any. So make sure to subscribe, if you haven't already. 

In the meantime, it's a good idea to check up on these tips on how to secure your account in this Support article.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hello, it's 2023 and until now we don't have 2FA on Spotify?

Hey @rondolfo

Thanks for reaching out! 

Checking the original Idea, it’s still under Consideration. When there are any updates, it will be communicated here

I’ll be here if you need help with anything else. Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

I totally feel your frustration about Spotify not having two-factor authentication. As a premium user myself, I've also been concerned about the security of my account. I've decided to cancel my premium plan because I just can't take that risk. It's a shame that Spotify still hasn't added this essential security feature!

Well Apple do have it so I'm voting with my feet and switching to them

Today it's my day to add to the fact that we STILL don't have a 2FA. I've been having my account logged from all over the place, taking my user experience to TRASH, and even tho I log all devices out and change my password, I don't have the certainty that this is going to stop! It's freaking awful and frustrating since I've been a Premium user for years, who pays correctly, and don't feel that my personal and billing information are safe! Come on Spotify! It's past due to have a 2FA!!

yes i thought Spotify had security problems receiving scam emails from it without even an account. how good it otherwise becomes irrelevant, and Apple will catch up with its machine learning issues. 

What the **bleep** do you need to consider?? You are rubbish. Spotify is

Seriously spotify, are you for real? It's 2023 and you're "considering" adding 2FA? Since 2021? A feature that takes 1 week to implement and roll out? Perhaps you do not care that much about users' account data...

It remains utterly absurd that Spotify doesn't care in the slightest about the security of users that are directly registered on their service. Frankly, this is pathetic and must come up on literally every annual Penetration Test that you're obliged to do, as at least a high or critical item.

How come "Spotify for artists" has the system running but us paying mofos**bleep**!? I just received a mail saying my password has been reset due to suspicious activity, wth!? How about giving me some more detail or at least the possibility to secure it with 2fa! Why you gotta be so sllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww?

i feel as exasperated as everyone else on this forum - why tf haven't they implemented this. looks nefarious af if you ask me.

It’s stupid that in 2024 you have to consider implementing 2FA! It’s a basic security feature and should be a standard in today’s internet! 

I just got my account hacked not too long ago. I will NOT use Spotify until they fix this issue. In addition to this, I am leaving a negative review on the play store. 

Suggested posts