Library Song Limit

6 people liked this

Re: Library Song Limit

MrGenius1

Can Spotify give a technical reason why the 10,000 limit can't be adjusted or removed for Premium customers? Is there a design flaw in the software were it can't handle more than 10,000 songs? Are you storing my collection? Windows Media Player has no problem with my collections of over 2400 albums. Groove didn't have a problem either. I ended up with Spotify coming from Microsoft. I just want one music player to handle my growing collection and I thought it was Spotify. 

3 people liked this

davisderic

Is there a clear alternative to Spotify, but without a 10,000 song limit?

With a 10,000 song limit in place, it makes Spotify completely worthless.  Of course, I use Spotify to listen to music, but even more than that, I use it to track the artists, albums, and songs that I like.  Without that, Spotify just becomes a Search engine for music to play.  If you cannot track everything you want in your library, then you can track nothing in your library.

1 person liked this

erithtotl
Casual Listener

I'm not here to promote another service, but I use Google Play now.  It lacks the adoption of Spotify which means its less 'social', but it doesnt' have the 10K limit and lets you upload music you own that is not on the service (rare, but happens) so that you can make all your collection available in the cloud.  Since I do have some niche stuff that is not on the service (or any service), that is useful to me.  It doesn't work with Alexa which is a pain (probably because Google and Amazon are in a pretty nasty competition now in that area).

Because Alexa is a thing, I've also started trying out Amazon Music Plus.  Not enough time on it to have a strong opinion.

I would have totally stayed as a Spotify Premium member had the 10K limit not existed.

3 people liked this

ch992

I use a rathert rediculis solution.

Every time reach the 10k Limit, i create a New Account and make the Old one public, than i sort my libery and follow my Old Account, to have Access to my Other playlists. Oh and dont forget to Quit your Old premium membership. This solution is insane spotify...

4 people liked this

Marcus_

Can't believe there is a 10k limit. I'm definitely switching back to Google Play Music and cancelling my premium subscription. If I have to "unlike" what I already like to continue "liking" new music I've found, then what is the point? What a reward for power users!

Also the assertion that 1% of users hitting the limit are having an "OK" experience now as opposed to a "great" one is insane. I'm not having an OK experience, I'm having no experience. Cuz I can't save new songs and find more songs and listen to them easily.

Pretty loose definition of OK! Guess every time I use Discover Weekly I'll start writing down on post-it notes what artists and songs I like and I can just take them with me everywhere I go so I can remember what I want to listen to... -_-

5 people liked this

JoshHorner
Casual Listener

Truly assinine response from Spotify on this. Literally just realized I hit the max when my downloaded new songs kept disapearing on mobile. At work today with the desktop version open I see this message: "Epic collection, friend. Your Library is all filled up. To save more, you'll need to remove some songs." I am not your friend after running into this and to be honest if I knew this from the start I would not be paying for Premium.

If this is a large infrastructure thing that Spotify deems as not relevant because only 1% of users are affected what do they expect will happen over time? Not only are people continually adding to their Libraries organically, or by Browsing fresh releases Spotify itself promotes, what about Podcasts which continually update week after week or in another case I have set up a ITTT that adds my 30 Discover Weekly songs into a Discover Playlist.

I'm sure most of us power users affected by this would be okay with an additional dollar a month sub fee in order to have infinite library. I'll be doing some more research on the history of Spotify's response to this, but before long I can be almost certain I'll be switching services.

Let's see some action Spotify!

3 people liked this

Twobagtaylor
Regular

I'm yet to see a response from Spotify on this topic at all. I am about this to move as well. It's a shame there is a lot I like about Spotify but the lack of focus on this issue has been palpable and it's not a hard fix, no other service I have used has this arbitrary limit. And yes I would pay extra.

2 people liked this

lucasrcosta
Regular

As we already have 5 pages of complaints of this, I'll just +1...

3 people liked this

ksdtroutt
Casual Listener

I agree...there should be "unlimited" number of songs allowed in the Library.  I am also a music lover that listens to many different genres over many years.   I hope Spotify listens to the many users who want more than 10,000 songs allowed in their Library.  Also, how do you know how many songs you actually have in your Library.  Would like to know ahead of time if I am getting close so I can remove some to make room for new.

Thanks!!

2 people liked this

Pcar773
Regular

I just hit the limit too!

SUGGESTED POSTS