Highlighted

Re: Library Song Limit

fitsos
Casual Listener
I Agree 100%! -can't vote with my dollars just yet, but as soon as my one
year plan expires...

Jamesnorrie

If Spotify doesn’t increase its song limit both download capacity or library limit, in 5 years its going to be irrelevant to its core users. Loads of my friends have already downloaded stamp and transferred to Apple Music, for the staggering 100,000 library limit. Like it was stated above, it’s the age of data. The download limit alone can only fill half an IPad lol. If Spotify refuses to change, it’ll sink like a rock. It’s the equivalent of comparing a Walkman capacity to the first IPods, for a simple comparison to the modern age.

dhaloulos
Regular

I’ve joined Spotify premium a couple of months again and just ran into this issue now.  Only 10,000 songs allowed in our library?  That’s ridiculous.  I joined premium, because I love music and thought Spotify would be better than Apple Music.  I’m thinking of making the switch next month to Apple Music, so I don’t have to pay to have a low cap on songs in my library.  It’s ridiculous.

jeremysee
Casual Listener
Hopefully now that spotify has public investors to answer to, they'll stop insulting their power users like this (the type of user that influences his friends and family)

dhaloulos
Regular

I mean, this is ridiculous.  Look at what their competition is doing.  Spotify is lagging way behind on this!  I’m already looking at my options to switch to Apple Music.

lauri_hoefs
Casual Listener

It would be interesting to hear an explanation for the restriction.

I don't know how much these kinds of limitations actually hurt sales, most likely the effect is negligible, and won't be fixed. At least it hasn't been fixed despite years of pleading by some customers.

It took several years to even get a music library in the first place. Before that you could only make playlists, and managing them was really frustrating. But back then there were no real competitors that offered a music catalogue as diverse as Spotify.

When the library function was finally added, I think four or so years ago, I was thrilled, until I almost immediately run into the limit. After a couple of years of trying to constantly manage my library to keep it under 10 000 items, I just gave up. I did not want to spend time managing the library, I just wanted to listen to music! I got around the limitation both me and other family members kept running into by simply moving the whole family to a competing service back in late 2015.

I keep Spotify installed to occasionally check its artist recommendations or interesting playlists, but that's it. I do miss the remote playing capabilities Spotify has, at least to my knowledge no competitor really offers anything quite as convenient.

alexz

I'm using Apple Music because of this; they have no limit. I would probably move back to Spotify since their automated playlists are superior.

pauldernst
Casual Listener

I'm really disappointed, I've been a premium client for near 5yrs after my Swedish counter parts put m onto Spotify and there was nothing stating a limit when I signed up for premium or I missed the fine print, what's new, but the fact you have to jump through hoops to contact someone is pathetic on Spotify's part, for premium clients there should be a direct contact thelp address within the account page and no login as you already are...

I tried to login through the contacts form on several occasions and have sat there going around in there dumb verify loop when I have a logon with a password, as I’m not on face book, WT???

I really don’t want to spend money on a service that makes it hard to communicate and fobs their premium clients off to the standard web answers. If I’m paying I want the answers asap, especially when I loose downloads or the player won’t work in offline mode on music downloaded as I am a sound engineer I need a reliable service.

Get with the program Spotify or you will loose your client’s or become a lame service and peps will go elsewhere. Hope this opens your eyes, disappointed, but as a client I expect more, wouldn’t you?

jwc28
Casual Listener

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

I was under the impression that via spotify you could carry your entire music collection wherever you go. Some friends have suggested that a 10,000 song library is exceissve and you'd never listen to them all, but that's besides the point (and not neccessarily true). I don't want to undertake the laborious task of scouring my library for albums to delete in order to add each new one. Also, without the ability to save everything, you lose more of the moments when you rediscover an old favourite from years past. This situation is only gonig to increase in frequency as we all get older, listen to more music and lose our individual memories: we can't be expected to remember every single album we ever listened too. Streaming services are supposed to replace physical purchases, but without this feature, how could they?

I guess one benefit is that it will force users to purchase more physical music. However, after almost ten years of subscribing (sandwiched between a brief flirtation with Rdio) it's definitely making me reconsider my subscription to Spotify, which makes me sad and disappointed.

AcidGreen
Regular

I have been looking at transfer software.  I've looked at Stamp but also Musconv and song shift.  Musconv looks pretty good but I've never thought I would even need to do something like this and am still debating which one to use.  Any suggestions of which has the fewest bugs?  I'm also considering just doing it manually.  I would be in control and it's really no big deal unless you are building a library from your personal collection.

AGAIN, I CHALLENGE SPOTIFY TO SHOW US ANY ONLINE AD RECRUITING  CUSTOMERS OF THIS LIMITATION. 

If you have a Facebook account, Twitter, whatever; I urge you to post this info about Spotify.  If you know how, post a clip on Youtube. 

As for Spotify's reasoning for a 10,000 limit; it is absurd.  This has to be the scuzziest company I have ever given my money to.  I just can't believe out of 3 major players in this streaming music game, I had to pick Spotify.  God hates me.

SUGGESTED POSTS