Library Song Limit

Solved!

Re: Library Song Limit

brutedawg
Regular

I too just hit my 10k limit and I felt a bit bummed. And while "bummed" is an understatement, I surely wasn't expecting that notice after so many years of continuous use of this service.

Every song I've added to my library since 2012 has meant something to me; from where I heard the song and how I felt, to who suggested another memorable tune. From the ones I shared with my girlfriend to the ones she shared with me when we created our wedding reception playlist. I unfortunately still remember the nightmare a few years after subscribing to premium of having to add my old starred songs (all removed by Spotify, mind you) to the new kid on the block feature– "Save to Library".

I won't say I can fully understand/rationalize the reasoning fed by Spotify and their Engineers, but I would sincerely hope that I don't have to consistently reprioritize the songs I save in my library because of a technical limitation.

If I could suggest ANY idea at this point (I can drop this off in the feature request bucket, don't worry, I'm just spit-balling here), I could see that loading that much content can bog down one's device and/or the server providing that userID-unique content, but maybe don't show it all upfront and give us the chance to filter/search that library beforehand with tools to do so right off the bat.

After writing all that, I realized that saved songs also show up as checked songs in playlist/album views too. So maybe my idea is just a sliver of a solution. 

Ilovetoscore
Casual Listener

Well, I hit my limit today. Another dumb unnessary issue with Spotify. We asked for an explicit filter for years and by some miracle they actually added it. Of course, they don't make it possible to find clean versions of albums on mobile, another dumb easily solveable issue. 

SonicPapillon
Casual Listener

I have to agree (I wasn't even aware there's a limit up until I was notified!). Isn't there another way? At least give an overview of all the songs in the library, which would make it a lot easier to delete some of them! Thanks.

SonicPapillon
Casual Listener

They laugh about us now... (3 likes)

alvaro391

It looks like nobody is listening. I absolutely loved Spotify and would not have canceled my subscription. That said, I cannot justify keeping it over Apple music when their song limit is so incredibly low.  I just wanted to add my voice to this thread. You've lost a customer. Great product - but this is just  not something that works for me.

dhaloulos
Regular

Same here.  They lost me as a customer to Apple Music.  It doesn’t look like they care or do anything about customer complaints.  That stuff gets old really quick.

Highlighted

Greenpaw22

Yeah I've been a premium user for about 4 years now, that's nearly hundreds of dollars I've given to this company and they don't think this small fraction of user base is important to their community, yet they're the ones who use the service the most. 

I've been looking into competitors, a couple don't have this same problem.

erithtotl
Casual Listener

I have watched this thread grow and grow since I first posted in it a few years back.

If you are holding your breath or hoping spotify will fix it on your own, you are mistaken.  I went to Google Play and am happy but I'm not trying to promote any given service.  If spotify fixed this problem I'd definitely consider coming back but until then never.

You can only vote with your $$$.  If you come here and complain but stay on Spotify because its easier than switching, you are wasting your time.  

AcidGreen
Regular

I am still undecided between Amazon Unlimited and Google.  My concern is the local files (songs out of print that I bought).  With the future demise of the iPod 160 (my preference), I'm at a complete loss as to what to do.

Did you start your collection over or transfer it with some software?  I am jumping ship but still feel a bit queasy about someone else controlling my music.

BTW, thank you for this thread.  They say there's only 1% of us who have reached "OUR"...WE PAY FOR THIS SO NOT "THEIR" BUT "OUR" 10,000 song limit in our library and it is "WE" who are paying for this.  Since their statement, go back through this thread and see how many others are now being affected by this limit. 

Again, thank you.

AcidGreen
Regular

This is why we need something like an iPod 160 or even higher.  Read this and puke along with me.  https://www.engadget.com/2018/04/25/youtube-remix-google-play-music-rip/

SUGGESTED POSTS