Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes

Artist Dropping a Song with the Same Name

CountryU.S.Device(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 10)My Question or IssueApparently, I got an email regarding an artist that goes by the same name as me saying to get ready for a song schedule release. I am not planning to drop a song at the moment but...

• Visitor
  •   Country U.S. Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 10) My Question or Issue Apparently, I got an email regarding an artist that goes by the same name as me saying to get ready for a ...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trying to link Alexa to my son's account

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUSADeviceIphone 7 and Echo DotMy Question or IssueMy son has an echo dot and wants to link it to the Spotify account on his iphone 7 that is part of our family premium account. Where do I find his individual log-in informatio...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Family Country USA Device Iphone 7 and Echo Dot My Question or Issue My son has an echo dot and wants to link it to the Spotify account on his iphone 7 that is part of our...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I tried to cancel my Spotify premium and it charged me anyways

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(iPhone 7, late 2019) Operating System(iOS 13) My Question or IssueI tried to cancel my subscription and it still charged me

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device (iPhone 7, late 2019)  Operating System (iOS 13)   My Question or Issue I tried to cancel my subscription and it still charged me
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Change from Regular premium to university discount

Hello,I have 2 issues to be clarified. First: today I changed my subscription from regular premium to the university discount.I would like to know if I have to cancel the preview subscription or it is goning to change automatically to the university ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have 2 issues to be clarified.   First: today I changed my subscription from regular premium to the university discount. I would like to know if I have to cancel the preview subscri...
  • Starke
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I submitted my song using Distrokid on march 29th, 2020. It's now April 20th and i see nothing.

I submitted my first song with Distrokid on march 29th. It is now April 20th and i don't see it. Also, my artist profile is still not verifiedI just got a Premium plan too. It's probably because it's the worst timing right (Covid-19)?How long it take...

• Casual Listener
  • I submitted my first song with Distrokid on march 29th. It is now April 20th and i don't see it. Also, my artist profile is still not verified I just got a Premium plan too.   It's probably b...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Did Spotify erase the names of my playlists because they consider them offensive?

PlanPremium. My Question or IssueDid Spotify erase the names of my playlists because they consider them offensive? Suddenly two of my playlists are moved to the top of my list and the names are missing.UPDATE: Resolved it was a hacker.

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium.     My Question or Issue Did Spotify erase the names of my playlists because they consider them offensive?   Suddenly two of my playlists are moved to the top of m...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Money coming off card

Money is coming off my card but when I log in its saying I have a free account, I think another account is using my card... how can I find out which Spotify account is using my card???

• Visitor
  • Money is coming off my card but when I log in its saying I have a free account, I think another account is using my card... how can I find out which Spotify account is using my card???  
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Trying to invite family members but keep getting message you can't join your own plan

Hi I've got a spotify premium account which I can add 6 family members to. I'm trying to add my family members. Each time I send any of them an invitation link (to THEIR email address not mine), when they click on the link, it says 'You cannot join y...

• Visitor
  • Hi   I've got a spotify premium account which I can add 6 family members to. I'm trying to add my family members. Each time I send any of them an invitation link (to THEIR email address not mi...
  • Xenia
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution From premium to free, why?

My last payment for premium family is from April 2. But now my account is downgraded to 'free'. On all devices and for all the family. How to fix this? PlanPremiumCountryThe Netherlands

• Casual Listener
  • My last payment for premium family is from April 2. But now my account is downgraded to 'free'. On all devices and for all the family. How to fix this?   Plan Premium Country The Netherland...
  • micolebag
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution maria jose

Hola necesito ayuda, no recuerdo mi contraseña y mi correo electronico con el que cree la cuenta no existe ya, necesito saber como puedo recibir una nueva contraseña para poder cambiar el correo electronio al que lo tengo asociado. no me pertine camb...

• Hola necesito ayuda, no recuerdo mi contraseña y mi correo electronico con el que cree la cuenta no existe ya, necesito saber como puedo recibir una nueva contraseña para poder cambiar el correo elec...
  • Xenia
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution LOGIN country error

HI, I moved for Ireland to NZ a year and a half ago. I moved my spotify account over to NZ and I am now paying for premium with my NZ money. spotify says that i am now connected to NZ in my account settings however when i go to login on the app and o...

• Visitor
  • HI, I moved for Ireland to NZ a year and a half ago. I moved my spotify account over to NZ and I am now paying for premium with my NZ money. spotify says that i am now connected to NZ in my account s...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Credit card verification

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI have been asked to verify my credit card information because a payment failed. My credit card information is correct however my account still shows that you c...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I have been asked to verify my credit card information because a payment failed. My ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Upgrading Headache From Free One Month Trial to Paid Family Subscription. HELP.

Have 1 month free trial which ends in one week. Spouse and son have paid subscriptions which are renewed monthly. I am trying today to end my free trial and immediately get a family premium subscription (ie. all three members with premium account). T...

• Visitor
  • Have 1 month free trial which ends in one week.  Spouse and son have paid subscriptions which are renewed monthly.  I am trying today to end my free trial and immediately get a family premi...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why isn't there a Connect Facebook button under Social

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • VolkanKutlu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stolen / Lost Account

real spotify username: curridorcristianPlanPremium (family)CountryItalyMy Question or Issue:Today I was listening to music with my phone while doing some stuff on my PC and suddenly spotify stopped working so I look on the phone and it logged-out wit...

• Casual Listener
  • real spotify username: curridorcristian Plan Premium (family) Country Italy My Question or Issue: Today I was listening to music with my phone while doing some stuff on my PC and suddenly spoti...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Cache Username

Hello,I have been using a new account recently, and today I logged out by mistake. I don't remember at all which email I've used for this account, and so I am unable to log in.I tried several different emails, but I simply can't find it.I saw a post ...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I have been using a new account recently, and today I logged out by mistake. I don't remember at all which email I've used for this account, and so I am unable to log in. I tried several dif...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue adding member

Hi, I have tried to join my husband (username: aggcalan6) to my family account but we got a message to explain we are not living in the same place. We have recently moved from Ireland to Slovakia and I have updated payment method and country in my ad...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  I have tried to join my husband (username: aggcalan6) to my family account but we got a message to explain we are not living in the same place.  We have recently moved from Ireland t...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't change username or profile pic

Hi There:I am on a premium plan.I want to change my username and profile pic.iphone xs mac.I have tried all the directions for changing profile pic and username both on desktop and mobile app....When I go to view profile there is no option to edit. A...

• Visitor
  • Hi There: I am on a premium plan. I want to change my username and profile pic. iphone xs mac. I have tried all the directions for changing profile pic and username both on desktop and mobile app...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to update payment information

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUSA My Question or IssueThe credit card that's currently attached to my account is going to be cancelled soon, however I can't update with a new one. I've tried multiple different times with different cards. The card I will b...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country USA   My Question or Issue The credit card that's currently attached to my account is going to be cancelled soon, however I can't update with a new one.  I...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Display Name

Can you change that username and if you can, how?

• Casual Listener
  • Can you change that username and if you can, how?
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes