Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes

Recover Playlist

I can't recover my playlist and I went to the recover playlist page and it says there is an error without an error code. I emailed spotify, but they told me to ask on the community page. There was a similar question about this right here https://comm...

• Visitor
  • I can't recover my playlist and I went to the recover playlist page and it says there is an error without an error code. I emailed spotify, but they told me to ask on the community page. There was a ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Signed up via Facebook, how do I de-link so I can listen at work?

signed in with facebook. tried to delete my account and re-sign up but i can't b/c my main email is linked to that old account. what can i do? also, as an aside, i must admit that the customer service for this site is lacking. there should be a direc...

• Casual Listener
  • signed in with facebook. tried to delete my account and re-sign up but i can't b/c my main email is linked to that old account.    what can i do?   also, as an aside, i must admit ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook and Spotify

Hi Guys, I am sure many of you are facing the same problem. Here it goes:My facebook and Spotify are linked together. If I deactivate my facebook, I can't connect to Sportify without activating my Facebook.How to delink it. I wanna take a break from ...

• Hi Guys,   I am sure many of you are facing the same problem. Here it goes: My facebook and Spotify are linked together. If I deactivate my facebook, I can't connect to Sportify without activ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! I don't have a username except my facebook login and am unable to login to spotifys website

Hi I registered with facebook for spotify a couple years ago and I am not able to log in to the spotify website because I do not have a goddamned username just my facebook login option but that is not available to choose as an option on the website.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I registered with facebook for spotify a couple years ago and I am not able to log in to the spotify website because I do not have a goddamned username just my facebook login option but that is no...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Trace Account Signup Date

Hi, would it be possible to find out the day that I joined spotify please?

• Hi, would it be possible to find out the day that I joined spotify please?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing Unknown Device

Hi, there is a MacBook pro with an unknown username accessing my premium account. It comes up as one of two Connect choices on my iPhone and I can't get rid of it. Have logged off and changed password but it's still there! Please help.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, there is a MacBook pro with an unknown username accessing my premium account. It comes up as one of two Connect choices on my iPhone and I can't get rid of it. Have logged off and changed passwor...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Undesired follower

Hello, I would like to block one of my follower. How can I do it ?I don't want any random person to follow me, how can I prevent it ? Thanks

• Hello,   I would like to block one of my follower. How can I do it ? I don't want any random person to follow me, how can I prevent it ?   Thanks
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

My Spotify name/facebook name is wrong, help?

Hi there, My Spotify is linked to the wrong account (ie the wrong name appears in the corner etc), and when i link to facebook it doesn't pick my account name in the settings, even though I login with my facebook details. Is there a way to reset it, ...

• Hi there,   My Spotify is linked to the wrong account (ie the wrong name appears in the corner etc), and when i link to facebook it doesn't pick my account name in the settings, even though I ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Endless Loop Premium Account

I've been a premium account holder now for months and enjoying every minute of it but the real test comes when you have an issue and here it's a massive fail. When I try log in with my FB as I have always done then I get an error "It looks like you a...

• I've been a premium account holder now for months and enjoying every minute of it but the real test comes when you have an issue and here it's a massive fail.    When I try log in with my...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont connect to Tumblr

So, i am trying to share a song to my tumblr followers, and it says that my info is incorrect, even after changing my password, and typing my username slowly to avoid mistakes. please help!

• So, i am trying to share a song to my tumblr followers, and it says that my info is incorrect, even after changing my password, and typing my username slowly to avoid mistakes. please help!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can not log into my Premium account.

I can't log into my premium account and i have no idea why. I use spotify every day and these last few days have been torture. Apparently I have multiple accounts as well. I could not get my Premium account set up with facebook. The only account I ca...

• I can't log into my premium account and i have no idea why. I use spotify every day and these last few days have been torture. Apparently I have multiple accounts as well. I could not get my Premium ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium upgrade

I purchased a Premium Subscription today, and neither my computer nor my iPhone recognizes the upgrade. I have tried logging out and back in again, re-installing the app, etc, but when I try to play a song, it tells me I have to upgrade.

• I purchased a Premium Subscription today, and neither my computer nor my iPhone recognizes the upgrade. I have tried logging out and back in again, re-installing the app, etc, but when I try to play ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot change my Country settings !?

Hi,I can't change my current country on my profile settings. So I have searched online, on Help section and the forums but can't find any solutions to this.Basically I moved to Portugal from UK about a month ago and now I can't use my Spotify, I am o...

• Hi, I can't change my current country on my profile settings. So I have searched online, on Help section and the forums but can't find any solutions to this. Basically I moved to Portugal from ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account Duplicate (lost playlists)

Hi, I must have hit "sign up" instead of "sign/log in" and made a new profile. I looked at my brother's account, and my account still exists, with it's playlists. He can play all the songs from them as well. I have sent two requests into Spotify with...

• Hi,   I must have hit "sign up" instead of "sign/log in" and made a new profile. I looked at my brother's account, and my account still exists, with it's playlists. He can play all the songs f...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

locked out of spotty!

Hi. I tried to open spirit - for which I am laying premium- on my new mobile phone and it tells me I have already got sporting on on devices - there is a limit? Now after a password reset it seems to have kicked me out on ALL my devices so I can't lo...

• Hi. I tried to open spirit - for which I am laying premium- on my new mobile phone and it tells me I have already got sporting on on devices - there is a limit? Now after a password reset it seems to...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Switching to Student Discount

I signed up for premium as a regular account and got the free trial. I am a college student and would like to pay $5 a month with the student discount but it won't let me sing up since I am already registered as a normal premium user. Guidance would ...

• I signed up for premium as a regular account and got the free trial. I am a college student and would like to pay $5 a month with the student discount but it won't let me sing up since I am already r...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! bs

I have been trying for 3 days to remove Premium before it charges my credit card, without success. however now that its charged my card it cancelled fine. This is bs. What a scam.

• Casual Listener
  • I have been trying for 3 days to remove Premium before it charges my credit card, without success. however now that its charged my card it cancelled fine. This is bs. What a scam.
  • SirCaveman
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Two accounts - Facebook linking problems

So I have two accounts, my original account, and then I made a Facebook account one time when I was away from home and wanted to use Spotify, but couldn't remember my login. Now, I have premium on my original account, and I wanted to link my Facebook...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have two accounts, my original account, and then I made a Facebook account one time when I was away from home and wanted to use Spotify, but couldn't remember my login.    Now, I hav...
  • shuws
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't cancel my subscription

Help! I can't cancel my subscription. Since it has come the new interface I can't find the option to cancel. When I go to "subscription" there is only one option to "stay premium".How can I cancel now?Thanks

• Help! I can't cancel my subscription. Since it has come the new interface I can't find the option to cancel. When I go to "subscription" there is only one option to "stay premium". How can I cancel ...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting billed while on Spotify Free

I jut got charged 9.99 on my credit card even though I only have a Spotify Free account. How can I resolve this?

• Casual Listener
  • I jut got charged 9.99 on my credit card even though I only have a Spotify Free account. How can I resolve this?
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Subscription
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes