Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes

Spotify Account Name/Cant Sign in On a phone

Hello, I have read other forum post but none have been able to help me. I understand that I cant change my username (I used Facebook to sing up) and I also read I should be able to use my Facebook email and password to sign in, however on a android p...

• Hello, I have read other forum post but none have been able to help me. I understand that I cant change my username (I used Facebook to sing up) and I also read I should be able to use my Facebook ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't let me unsubscribe

Apparently this is a common problem? My account is not linked to Facebook, I changed my browser, logged out of my spotify, and it's still telling me "Oops, something wen't wrong". I got Premium when I got a new Vodafone phone, and now I want to unsub...

• Apparently this is a common problem? My account is not linked to Facebook, I changed my browser, logged out of my spotify, and it's still telling me "Oops, something wen't wrong". I got Premium when ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

ACCOUNT PROBLEMS, SPOTIFY ASSISTANCE DON'T ANSWER!

my account isn't working, seems to be disappeared I've tried to reset the password but I cant, I try all the procedures described in the help page but nothing works, and I sent 2 email to the spotify assistance but no one answered me !what can I do??...

• Casual Listener
  • my account isn't working, seems to be disappeared I've tried to reset the password but I cant, I try all the procedures described in the help page but nothing works, and I sent 2 email to the spotify...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Login
    Other
    Security
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

All-round terrible service from Spotify

I have been subscribing to Spotify for about 6 months, paying €10 month or whatever. I cannot believe how poor the service is - i'm really frustrauated to the point of cancelling my account. SAMPLE of technical issues i've been having: 1) extremely s...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been subscribing to Spotify for about 6 months, paying €10  month or whatever.  I cannot believe how poor the service is - i'm really frustrauated to the point of cancelling my accou...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Country

Hey, I can't find the answer online so I tought I just try it out here. I want to change my account settings for my country, but does the content change? Currently I live in the netherlands but I'm moving to the UK, so when I change my account to UK ...

• Hey, I can't find the answer online so I tought I just try it out here. I want to change my account settings for my country, but does the content change? Currently I live in the netherlands but...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I have 2 premium accounts. I can't log in to one so I can't cancel one of my subscription.

I made an account through spotify a while back to receive the 48hr free trial (premium). I made up a fake email, username and password and they let me through. I ended up purchasing spotify premium through that account. I got a new phone so I'm no lo...

• I made an account through spotify a while back to receive the 48hr free trial (premium). I made up a fake email, username and password and they let me through. I ended up purchasing spotify premium t...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Verified Media Account Question

Hello there-- We submitted a request to be a verified media account like the FADER and Pitchfork about a month ago via Spotify's Google Docs application but haven't heard back yet. Is there any way to check the status of this? Our editor's personal a...

• Hello there--   We submitted a request to be a verified media account like the FADER and Pitchfork about a month ago via Spotify's Google Docs application but haven't heard back yet. Is ther...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Will I be charged?

I signed up for Spotify Premium but I'm not certain whether it was the free 30 day trial or not because I received an email after cancelling detailing that my subscription will be active for one month. I wanted to try it out but worried that I would ...

• Casual Listener
  • I signed up for Spotify Premium but I'm not certain whether it was the free 30 day trial or not because I received an email after cancelling detailing that my subscription will be active for one mont...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Paid but no Premium and Connection

I signed up for Spotify and made account, not hooked up to facebook. 2 days later, today, I paid for Spotify Premium and verified I was a student. My bank account was charged $5.49, (student discount), or something close to that, as soon as I paid. I...

• Casual Listener
  • I signed up for Spotify and made account, not hooked up to facebook. 2 days later, today, I paid for Spotify Premium and verified I was a student. ...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My Facebook account is linked with some randomers Spotify...

I started to pay for premium a couple of weeks ago and then I went on to my account today, as per every morning before work, to realise that my account is linked with someone else's Spotify account. Their user name is 'kylebw' and I would appreciate ...

• Casual Listener
  • I started to pay for premium a couple of weeks ago and then I went on to my account today, as per every morning before work, to realise that my account is linked with someone else's Spotify account. ...
  • jaymyers1
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Security
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong spotify account number linked to facebook acount

Hi, I am a Spotify premium user for more than a year now. Recently, modifying my facebook account, a new spotify USER ID got linked to my facebook account. If I check the confirmation email of my initial order I see another Spotify USER ID mentioned....

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I am a Spotify premium user for more than a year now. Recently, modifying my facebook account, a new spotify USER ID got linked to my facebook account. If I check the confirmation emai...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

suddenly getting ads on premium

I've had premuim for a while now, never heard a single ad, and today I played a playlist and I'm getting ads every 3rd or 4th song. Is this something new Spotify is doing or an issue with my account?

• I've had premuim for a while now, never heard a single ad, and today I played a playlist and I'm getting ads every 3rd or 4th song.  Is this something new Spotify is doing or an issue with my ac...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with account confusion

I was charged twice this month and I think the confusion is that there seems to be 2 accounts. One from facebook and one that was the original account with a log-in name and password. How can I fix? Is there a customer support phone number to speak t...

• Visitor
  • I was charged twice this month and I think the confusion is that there seems to be 2 accounts. One from facebook and one that was the original account with a log-in name and password. How can I fix? ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Certain songs won't play on my phone

I have spotify premium and I have recently been having a problem where certain songs won't play on my Iphone 5s. It is really bugging me. I tried reinstalling everything and I even created more room on my phone and it still isn't working. I would lis...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify premium and I have recently been having a problem where certain songs won't play on my Iphone 5s. It is really bugging me. I tried reinstalling everything and I even created more room ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlists disappeared

i recently changed my facebook password that was linked to my spotify account. this morning i had to re log into spotify and upon logging in all of my playlists were gone. i tried changing my passwords again on both accounts but nothing happened. i w...

• Casual Listener
  • i recently changed my facebook password that was linked to my spotify account. this morning i had to re log into spotify and upon logging in all of my playlists were gone. i tried changing my passwor...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ok so one of my friends previously had been listening to music on my account and connected her email

Ok so one of my friends previously had been listening to music on my account and connected her email to my Facebook. I had connected my spotify to facebook earlier so I'm not sure why this happened. Anyway i cant log back into my old account. For now...

• Visitor
  • Ok so one of my friends previously had been listening to music on my account and connected her email to my Facebook. I had connected my spotify to facebook earlier so I'm not sure why this happened. ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Recover deleted starred playlist

account was recently hijacked last week. with the help of spotify support i was able to restore the account and it's playlists. i'm missing all but a few of my starred songs :'( 3 years of starred songs gone :'( account: toymachin3

• account was recently hijacked last week. with the help of spotify support i was able to restore the account and it's playlists. i'm missing all but a few of my starred songs :'(   3 years of...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium on iphone 4s, do i have to pay for the app?

or can i use the free one if I have a paid subscription? and how many devices (iphones/iposd) can also use my premium acct in my family for my monthly fee. right now i am still in the 30 day free trial but they have my cc info. thanks dave

• or can i use the free one if I have a paid subscription? and how many devices (iphones/iposd) can also use my premium acct in my family for my monthly fee. right now i am still in the 30 day free t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Paid constantly for premium but just have access to the free version

i pay my 9,99€ for my premium account each month. the last payment were on the 04. April and on the 5th of May. Somehow i have only access to the free version of spotify so there are no offline playlists on my mobile phone. Is there any way to solve ...

• Casual Listener
  • i pay my 9,99€ for my premium account each  month. the last payment were on the 04. April and on the 5th of May. Somehow i have only access to the free version of spotify so there are no offline...
  • Wolfskotze
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Following X'ed Facebook Friends

Hi! How can I have a look at all my fb friends that I previous X'ed accidentally?? Greetings, Charlotte

• Hi!   How can I have a look at all my fb friends that I previous X'ed accidentally??   Greetings,   Charlotte  
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes