Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! Payment failure

I received an email telling me my card had failed and premium cancelled, not sure why. I've reset my details with another card and still can't access premium. What's going on?

• Casual Listener
  • I received an email telling me my card had failed and premium cancelled, not sure why. I've reset my details with another card and still can't access premium. What's going on?
  • Jakeb
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Charged THREE TIMES for 1 month's subscription!

My payment was processed for THIS account was processed October 3rd! WHY am I being charged TWO MORE TIMES for October (once on the 5th, once on the 7th)?!? Also, I tried to switch my email address to my new one (dan.strayer@aol.com), and is says I a...

• Casual Listener
  • My payment was processed for THIS account was processed October 3rd!   WHY am I being charged TWO MORE TIMES for October (once on the 5th, once on the 7th)?!?   Also, I tried to swi...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Top Lists

Something seems to be wrong with the "123 Top Lists" on my desktop version. All it has are songs by the band, "Mumford and Sons". Last time I checked, they were popular, but not popular enough to have 30 songs on the top charts.

• Casual Listener
  • Something seems to be wrong with the "123 Top Lists" on my desktop version. All it has are songs by the band, "Mumford and Sons". Last time I checked, they were popular, but not popular enough to hav...
  • kowa44
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cancelled premium during free trial and still gonna be charged?

Hi, I signed up for the 30 day free trial of premium. I couldn't see how much it was going to be per month if I kept it until I went to the cancellation section and found I would not be able to afford it. Anyway, I knew the date I subscribed and deci...

• Hi,   I signed up for the 30 day free trial of premium. I couldn't see how much it was going to be per month if I kept it until I went to the cancellation section and found I would not be ab...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Paying for unlimited, but no letting me play on my iphone.

Paying for unlimited, but no letting me play on my iphone. It only plays my playlists on my desktop, and when I try to play on my iphone it says: " Only premium users can stream on demand.Radio is always free." It was working until yesterday. Thanks

• Paying for unlimited, but  no letting me play on my iphone. It only plays my playlists on my desktop, and when I try to play on my iphone it says: " Only premium users can stream on demand....
  • Jude
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New playlists not appearing offline after being synched over wi-fi

I have been using spotify on my Nokia N79 for a few months without too many problems, but over the last few weeks problems have been increasing. New playlists that I have created recently and apparently sync'd for offline use over wifi are not appear...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using spotify on my Nokia N79 for a few months without too many problems, but over the last few weeks problems have been increasing.    New playlists that I have created rec...
  • dangerboy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! All My Music Everywhere?

Simple question, which is frustratingly difficult to find the answer to: Will Spotify (presumably with a Premium subscription) allow me to listen to all my music anywhere, even if it's not in Spotify's catalogue? In other words, is it a complete subs...

• Simple question, which is frustratingly difficult to find the answer to:  Will Spotify (presumably with a Premium subscription) allow me to listen to all my music anywhere, even if it's not in S...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is it possible to use Spotify in a non-supported country after redeeming an E-card?

I'm about to leave Finland in 1 month to live abroad in a country where spotify is not supported for around 1 year. I won't keep any address in Finland, so I won't be able to have have a credit card where I can keep the monthly payments. I was thinki...

• I'm about to leave Finland in 1 month to live abroad in a country where spotify is not supported for around 1 year.   I won't keep any address in Finland, so I won't be able to have have a c...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Idea: Chatrooms for music

A more social interaction for finding music, go into chatrooms decided by genre, artists, or simply just a chatroom with a few friends. You could have an interface to drag music into the chat room into a que (each person would be able to chose one so...

• A more social interaction for finding music, go into chatrooms decided by genre, artists, or simply just a chatroom with a few friends. You could have an interface to drag music into the chat room in...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Country do not match my profile

i was blocked from spotify recently and i understand you use MaxMind.com to determine the location. i also checked that website and my search of my ip address returned an error message. could you posiblly have a look into it? thx

• i was blocked from spotify recently and i understand you use MaxMind.com to determine the location. i also checked that website and my search of my ip address returned an error message. could yo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Accidentally bought Premium

Hi, I just accidentally bought Spotify Premium, while I was thinking I was going to the page where I could activate my Premium-code OR buy a subscription. Without getting a clear confirmation page I stumbled upon the message that said I had just boug...

• Hi,   I just accidentally bought Spotify Premium, while I was thinking I was going to the page where I could activate my Premium-code OR buy a subscription. Without getting a clear confirmat...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

£10 redeem code has not work

Hello I recently tried to redeem my £10 Spotify code for 15 downloads and it does not work. I have tried many times to redeem the code and the same message comes up that it will not accept it. I have made sure I have typed the right code. Please can ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   I recently tried to redeem my £10 Spotify code for 15 downloads and it does not work.  I have tried many times to redeem the code and the same message comes up that it will not ...
  • ERAZMUS2
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

subscriptions renewal

i am trying to renew my subscriptions using my original user + password all ok. until i try to alter my account details, message says no funds d'uh i know this account closed 2 months ago.getting nowhere any ideas ??????

• Casual Listener
  • i am trying to renew my subscriptions using my original user + password all ok. until i try to alter my account details, message says no funds d'uh i know this account closed 2 months ago.getting now...
  • benmarkie
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to change email settings

every time i try to change my email settings it says that my email is linked to another account... afaik i only have one spotify account. and i disconnected facebook from my acct, and yet, every time someone adds a song to a list i get an email and i...

• every time i try to change my email settings it says that my email is linked to another account... afaik i only have one spotify account. and i disconnected facebook from my acct, and yet, every time...
  • Jude
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem to log in

I changed my phone from Android to Symbian, or whatever it's called, recently and now trying to use Spotify on Nokia. While I'm trying to log in, with my Facebook account, it says "Username or password incorrect." And that's why? Have I missed someth...

• I changed my phone from Android to Symbian, or whatever it's called, recently and now trying to use Spotify on Nokia. While I'm trying to log in, with my Facebook account, it says "Username or passwo...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Switch to original Facebook account

Hi, I have premium Spotify account and linked it to my FB account, then created lots of playlists and such, all was great. Then one day I installed Spotify on an old deactivated iPhone that only works through Wi-Fi and it picked up my wife's FB accou...

• Hi, I have premium Spotify account and linked it to my FB account, then created lots of playlists and such, all was great. Then one day I installed Spotify on an old deactivated iPhone that only ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Strange...

My premium was supposed to renew 1 week ago.I didn't have any money in my bank, so it didn't.Now, it said it would try in 3 days, and if it couldn't it would move me to free.For some reason, I still haven't been charged, even though I have premium st...

• Community Legend
  • My premium was supposed to renew 1 week ago. I didn't have any money in my bank, so it didn't. Now, it said it would try in 3 days, and if it couldn't it would move me to free. For some reas...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Stopped working, error 408

Many of my friends use spotify daily and have been using the service for months now. I was convinced to join spotify and loved it. After 14 days of use, the error 408 came up, and since then haven't been able to listen to music. I have tried differen...

• Casual Listener
  • Many of my friends use spotify daily and have been using the service for months now.  I was convinced to join spotify and loved it.  After 14 days of use, the error 408 came up, and since t...
  • Jude
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

allow playist listeners to subscribe.

I've made and submitted many playlists (through SHAREMYPLAYLIST). I see them posted and people can play them, but it doesn't allow peole to subscribe to my playlists( "subscribe" option does not show). Why is that and how do I alloow others to subscr...

• I've made and submitted many playlists (through SHAREMYPLAYLIST). I see them posted and people can play them, but it doesn't allow peole to subscribe to my playlists( "subscribe" option does not show...
  • Jude
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify app says i need premium when i allready got it

I have never been able to login on my phone but on my laptop it works just fine. Ive tried to uninstall and reinstalling the app multiple times.

• Casual Listener
  • I have never been able to login on my phone but on my laptop it works just fine. Ive tried to uninstall and reinstalling the app multiple times.
  • Jude
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes