Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 3
  • Rising Star 3
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • CeliMaga
  • Casual Listener
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Spotify

Hi..Were do i find my spotify code so i can uppgrade to premium again???

• Casual Listener
  • Hi..Were do i find my spotify code so i can uppgrade to premium again???
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cancel Subscription

Suffering from the same old song and dance. I can't cancel my subscription, I am asked to enter a password that it will no accept. However, miraculously the password seems to work in letting me actually use the product. I have used Firefox, Safari an...

• Casual Listener
  • Suffering from the same old song and dance. I can't cancel my subscription, I am asked to enter a password that it will no accept. However, miraculously the password seems to work in letting me actua...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

I got a message "Give away spotify premium free trial"

I got this message among "people" on my Spotify app at may iphone, but when I try to do this Spotify tries to connect to Facebook and fails every time. I have tried several times this last week. What is going on? And how come I don't get this message...

• I got this message among "people" on my Spotify app at may iphone, but when I try to do this Spotify tries to connect to Facebook and fails every time. I have tried several times this last week. What...
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't change payment method

Hi, I recently had to change my payment method after having my credit card stolen. Even though I've used this card already for other purchases, I keep getting declined whenever I try to change it from Spotify. Is there anything else I can do? I'm usi...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I recently had to change my payment method after having my credit card stolen.  Even though I've used this card already for other purchases, I keep getting declined whenever I try t...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cancel incorrect payment

Hi Today I tried to subscribe to an unlimited account but it failed (wrong password). Then I was redirected to "buy premium". According to the web I need to follow three steps, last one "confirm". So I pressed follow to second step. There were no sec...

• Spotify Legend
  • Hi   Today I tried to subscribe to an unlimited account but it failed (wrong password). Then I was redirected to "buy premium". According to the web I need to follow three steps, last one "con...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Contacts format

Hello, As nobody respond to me, I do a new message. I have a problem with the format of my contacts. Their names are their spotify user name such as 11000332843 but not their real name such as "Thomas dubois".I would like it to be in letters. Can any...

• Regular
  • Hello,   As nobody respond to me, I do a new message.   I have a problem with the format of my contacts. Their names are their spotify user name such as 11000332843 but not their real n...
  • tamieu
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No gift, no answers...

I recently purchased Spotify Premium as a gift. Despite following all the instructions and filling in all the correct details, the recipient has yet to receive the email containing the code to redeem the gift!! I have clicked on the link provided in ...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently purchased Spotify Premium as a gift. Despite following all the instructions and filling in all the correct details, the recipient has yet to receive the email containing the code to redeem...
  • elbowless
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! WILL NOT CANCEL WITH PASSWORD

I want to cancel and each time i enter my facebook password, using the IE9 browser, it states that i have a facebook linked account and should change my password there.... I'm not changing my password, why will it not accept my password and just canc...

• Casual Listener
  • I want to cancel and each time i enter my facebook password, using the IE9 browser, it states that i have a facebook linked account and should change my password there.... I'm not changing my passwor...
  • melrose
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

I got charged two times.. want my money back that u stole..

I recently upgraded my account to premium, and when i look at my bank account i have been charged 99kr two times on the same date.. please give me back my money.. thats not ok..

• I recently upgraded my account to premium, and when i look at my bank account i have been charged 99kr two times on the same date.. please give me back my money.. thats not ok..
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

subscription

i have updatet to spotify unlimited. after i payed i recieved a receipt on e-mail and everything worked fine,. however the next time i used spotify i dont have unlimited anymore... i checked my account and it confimed that i am supposed to have unlim...

• i have updatet to spotify unlimited. after i payed i recieved a receipt on e-mail and everything worked fine, . however the next time i used spotify i dont have unlimited anymore... i checked my acc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Droid Razr & Spotify

I have tried everything and the music is on my PC, but it will not play on my Razr. It shows up on the phone, but I get a message to Sync Track from your computer. My phone is hooked up to the computer, I even have the premium account now. I am so fr...

• Regular
  • I have tried everything and the music is on my PC, but it will not play on my Razr. It shows up on the phone, but I get a message to Sync Track from your computer. My phone is hooked up to the comput...
  • Cause_of_Chaos
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Account Suspended

Hello! This post is regarding my account on MKXE@LIVE.COM, because I cannot log in on that one.I had spotify premium for 2 months, 1 was free. After my father got billed on his credit card, he alerted me he was charged for it. I had made the mistake ...

• Hello! This post is regarding my account on MKXE@LIVE.COM, because I cannot log in on that one. I had spotify premium for 2 months, 1 was free. After my father got billed on his credit card, he aler...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cancelling my payments and deleting my account.

I signed up for the spotify premium free 30 day trial. When I signed up I don't ever remember giving my credit card details as I am usually very careful about that sort of stuff. However after my trial I tried to cancel my premium subscription but it...

• I signed up for the spotify premium free 30 day trial. When I signed up I don't ever remember giving my credit card details as I am usually very careful about that sort of stuff. However after my tri...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

premium/free account

I am paying for premium but my account satus states I only have the free trial. It used to work.....whats up?

• Casual Listener
  • I am paying for premium but my account satus states I only have the free trial. It used to work.....whats up?  
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unsubscribing Premium

Hey Guys,I've tested Spotify Premium, and I want do unsubscribe it. But, when I'll cancel the subscration, Spotify want a password from me. But, I'm from germany, and logged in with Facebook. And my Facebook Password won't accepted. What can I do, to...

• Hey Guys, I've tested Spotify Premium, and I want do unsubscribe it. But, when I'll cancel the subscration, Spotify want a password from me.   But, I'm from germany, and logged in with Facebo...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost Starred files and playlists

Hi, I am a Premium subscriber and whilst visiting friends on Saturday we sync'd to their IPAD and logged onto our Account and played all night with no problem. Our friend the next morning found all his memory had been taken up by our Playlists and de...

• Hi,   I am a Premium subscriber and whilst visiting friends on Saturday we sync'd to their IPAD and logged onto our Account and played all night with no problem. Our friend the next morning fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wont post on my facebook

I have the box checked that says to share my activity on facebook but nothing is ever posted on my wall or the newsfeed. it'd be nice if i could talk to someone directly but spotify doesn't have that option. Okay, this is getting super annoying. I've...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the box checked that says to share my activity on facebook but nothing is ever posted on my wall or the newsfeed. it'd be nice if i could talk to someone directly but spotify doesn't have...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium Account quit - Password is "wrong" but it definitly isn't!

Hello, I already have written 3 mails to premium@spotify.com but I haven't got any response. My problem is:I want to quit my free premium status because in a few days Spotify would take money.I have to type in my Facebook password because I'm logged ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I already have written 3 mails to premium@spotify.com but I haven't got any response.   My problem is: I want to quit my free premium status because in a few days Spotify woul...
  • Tani1221
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

i pad trial cut short

I have recently signed up for a free premium trial on both my mac and ipad the mac 1 week latter is still going on OK but after about 3 or 4 days the ipad stopped and is asking me to subscribe both on the some account Any ideals

• I have recently signed up for a free premium trial on both my mac and ipad the mac 1 week latter is still going on OK but after about 3 or 4 days the ipad stopped and is asking me to subscribe both o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Login Problems

Hi. I have been unable to login with either my Spotify username or my Facebook account for the last week and am getting really annoyed. I have tried submitting a contact form, but you need to be able to login to do this! How can this be resolved?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I have been unable to login with either my Spotify username or my Facebook account for the last week and am getting really annoyed. I have tried submitting a contact form, but you need to be able...
  • xbotella
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes