Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Core618
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes

I don't have a nickname

I just noticed my spotify username is super weird? Its just a bunch of letters and numbers I never put this, It has never asked me to do an username.Is it possible to change it?Proof: https://imgur.com/a/Z2SzPst

• I just noticed my spotify username is super weird? Its just a bunch of letters and numbers I never put this, It has never asked me to do an username. Is it possible to change it? Proof: https://img...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Random playlist subscriptions appearing in my account??

Hi, so I keep noticing new subscriptions to random playlists each time I log into my account. I am the only person that uses my account and I do not have it synced across any mobile devices. I am the only one with access to the interface. In either c...

• Hi, so I keep noticing new subscriptions to random playlists each time I log into my account.  I am the only person that uses my account and I do not have it synced across any mobile devices. &n...
  • suzu1991
  • Casual Listener
  • 29 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! canceling account without access to email or password

i have a premium account associated with my old school email which i no longer have access to. i have lost the password for my account as well. i wish to cancel the account/regain access to it as i am currently paying the subscription and not having ...

•  i have a premium account associated with my old school email which i no longer have access to. i have lost the password for my account as well. i wish to cancel the account/regain access to it ...
  • m59za2x-sv_q
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Premium
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Artist Biography Shows HTML Code

My Question or IssueMy artist biography shows HTML Code that is not visible when I edit it in the 'Spotify For Artists Programme'. You can see screenshots of both in the attachments. How can I get rid of the code? I already tried deleting the biograp...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue My artist biography shows HTML Code that is not visible when I edit it in the 'Spotify For Artists Programme'. You can see screenshots of both in the attachments.   How c...
  • -vf_ntxodf4v
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

NEED HELP REGARDING STREAM COUNT

does anyone know if spotify streams are impacted by saving the songs because i remember someone saying they don’t count. can anyone please confirm this?

• Casual Listener
  • does anyone know if spotify streams are impacted by saving the songs because i remember someone saying they don’t count. can anyone please confirm this?
  • dumboldfag
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Account paused and cant play music

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceSamsung Tab A8Operating SystemAndriod My Question or IssueWe are trying to play music but keeps coming up as paused due to the account being used by another device. We have tried logging out of all devices and reinst...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Australia Device Samsung Tab A8 Operating System Andriod  My Question or Issue We are trying to play music but keeps coming up as paused due to the account be...
  • p4i50i-vvm_4
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Not able to change my email?

Email is not editable text box but just displayed. Here's a photo:

•   Email is not editable text box but just displayed.  Here's a photo:   <mod edit: Screenshot had personal info>
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Password reset email not received

Spotify- Your password reset email is not sending to me. It’s also not in **bleep** and this is my only email address. I pay for premium abs Spotify logged me out today and won’t let me reset the password because it’s not sending me the email. I crea...

• Visitor
  • Spotify-      Your password reset email is not sending to me. It’s also not in **bleep** and this is my only email address. I pay for premium abs Spotify logged me out today and won’t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Switched to family plan, invited girlfriend. No mail is sent to her.

As the subject says, no invitation is received on her end. She currently has a free account. I've tried to resend the invitation multiple times. Also tried to cancel and reinvite.

• As the subject says, no invitation is received on her end. She currently has a free account.   I've tried to resend the invitation multiple times. Also tried to cancel and reinvite.
  • 7o2pyo-m7_pcd
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account hacked and e-mail address changed

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7, and Iphone 8Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 / IOS 11.3.1 My Question or IssueMy Spotify account is linked with facebook. Today when going on the app I was disconnected and had to log back on. Then I found ...

• Plan Premium Country France Device Samsung Galaxy S7, and Iphone 8 Operating System Android 7.0 / IOS 11.3.1   My Question or Issue My Spotify account is linked with facebook. Today wh...
  • juliusklaus
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Google Home

PlanPremiumCountry UKDevice(iPhone 6Operating Systemios10 My Question or Issue I have my free Spotify account linked to my Google Mini Home as my default music player. However I have just upgraded to Premium and assumed I could keep my same username,...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device (iPhone 6 Operating System ios10   My Question or Issue  I have my free Spotify account linked to my Google Mini Home as my default music play...
  • denlm
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Hacked

My Spotify account just got hacked and I have NEVER compromised my security. Its the first time I ever get hacked so it seems to me Spotify security is really bad. They confirmed to have seen activity but denied it being hacked. When I logged in I co...

• My Spotify account just got hacked and I have NEVER compromised my security. Its the first time I ever get hacked so it seems to me Spotify security is really bad. They confirmed to have seen activit...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Need to change profile name asap

My Question or Issue How do I change my profile name?

• Visitor
  •     My Question or Issue  How do I change my profile name?
  • denlm
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant search for my own Playlists

All of the sudden my Playlists dont show up in the search when I'm trying to locate a specific playlist. I know it's my account because it happens on any device I log in on. I cant find any setting that would do this. Can someone please help me?PlanP...

• Regular
  • All of the sudden my Playlists dont show up in the search when I'm trying to locate a specific playlist. I know it's my account because it happens on any device I log in on. I cant find any setting t...
  • denlm
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Security
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing username for Security reasons

PlanPremiumCountry BelgiumDeviceHuawei p9 Lite + ASUS LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 + Android NougatMy Question or Issue Im a 1k youtuber and while im streaming peaple start asking for the music in the background so ive put my spotify playlist in ...

• Plan Premium Country  Belgium Device Huawei p9 Lite + ASUS Laptop Operating System Windows 10 + Android Nougat My Question or Issue  Im a 1k youtuber and while im streaming peaple ...
  • denlm
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
    Other
    Premium
    Security
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Englands lucky song

How do I stop pop ups on my premium account please ? It keeps popping up asking me to play England lucky songs for the football world cup and no matter what I do I cant stop it happening. I dismiss the message or play (the only 2 options) and it keep...

• How do I stop pop ups on my premium account please ? It keeps popping up asking me to play England lucky songs for the football world cup and no matter what I do I cant stop it happening. I dismiss t...
  • Galinha
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Friend Feed completely broken

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue For many weeks now, Spotify friend feed has been completely broken. The issues are not even specific, they seem to be completely random. Most of the time, the music I a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue   For many weeks now, Spotify friend feed has been completely broken. The issues are...
  • RobNO97
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently Played albums that are not what I listen to, continues to happen everyday

Greetings,I have encountered a bizarre problem using Spotify on Android and PC, but the problem probably is not because of what I use.To begin properly I'll specify what I have. I am using the Spotify Family plan, My phone is a Motorola G5S Plus, my ...

• Greetings, I have encountered a bizarre problem using Spotify on Android and PC, but the problem probably is not because of what I use. To begin properly I'll specify what I have. I am using the Sp...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Ecoute haut qualité sur android

PlanPremiumCountry BelgiqueDeviceXperia Z2Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueBonjour, j'ai un abonnement Spotify premium de 3 mois à 0,99EUR. Sur mon ordinateur, pas de problème ! Par contre, avec le même compte, sur mon android, je ne peux ...

•   Plan Premium Country  Belgique Device Xperia Z2 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Bonjour,  j'ai un abonnement Spotify premium de 3 mois à 0,99EUR.&n...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Subscribed and payed for Premium, but still not get the benefits of Premium

PlanPremiumCountry NetherlandsDevice PCOperating System Windows 10 I have payed for Spotify PREMIUM (please see attachment), but cant't manage to enjoy the benefits of it. Still get the annoying ad's of Spotify FREE.I tried everything like logging ou...

• Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device PC Operating System Windows 10   I have payed for Spotify PREMIUM (please see attachment), but cant't manage to enjoy the benefits of it. ...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes