Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete locally stored files from Spotify

I accidentally imported music stored on my Android phone into spotify and now I can't get rid of it, short of deleting albums 1 by 1 (i've got thousands). How do I get spotify not to import local files? I've deleted the cache and uninstalled the enti...

• I accidentally imported music stored on my Android phone into spotify and now I can't get rid of it, short of deleting albums 1 by 1 (i've got thousands).   How do I get spotify not to import ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Import your Music

Can someone explain me why I cannot import my own songs to the spotify anymore? I had some problems with my account and I had to create another one. When I reinstalled the app and put the new account (a premium one) the "import your music" just disap...

• Can someone explain me why I cannot import my own songs to the spotify anymore? I had some problems with my account and I had to create another one. When I reinstalled the app and put the new account...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting music off of my playlist

I am unable to figure out how to delete songs from my playlist off of my android (or mac). I've clicked on all the possible "three dots" and "lines" from all the different views of the playlist and the now playing. I cannot figure it out. Please help...

• Casual Listener
  • I am unable to figure out how to delete songs from my playlist off of my android (or mac). I've clicked on all the possible "three dots" and "lines" from all the different views of the playlist and t...
  • jhwong1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app does not respect metered WiFi networks

Hi, There's a technical problem with your Android app. It's actually not a bug, but rather a mistake in its implementation. In Android, you're able to set certain WiFi networks as "metered" or "restricted", so that apps that can do heavy downloads ov...

• Regular
  • Hi,   There's a technical problem with your Android app. It's actually not a bug, but rather a mistake in its implementation.   In Android, you're able to set certain WiFi networks as "...
  • 0 replies
  • 58 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 58 likes

Solved!! STILL won't save to SD card

I couldn't save my downloads to the micro SD card, and I used the solution that was offered on the help blog, about deleting the cache and the Spotify folder from my phones internal storage, then uninstalling the app.I tried that and it worked fine, ...

• I couldn't save my downloads to the micro SD card, and I used the solution that was offered on the help blog, about deleting the cache and the Spotify folder from my phones internal storage, then uni...
  • TechManiac
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Error reproduccion Offline

Intento descargar musica desde mi cuenta premium, todo anda bien y el icono de descarga se encuentra en verde, pero al momento de reproducir algunas canciones en especifico se pausa el tema en un tiempo determinado.

• Intento descargar musica desde mi cuenta premium, todo anda bien y el icono de descarga se encuentra en verde, pero al momento de reproducir algunas canciones en especifico se pausa el tema en un tie...
  • Zoiliux
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No funciona.

Spotify no me funciona en mi S4 mini, sale "Spotify se detuvo " cuando antes me funcionaba perfectamente. Les agradezco su ayuda.

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify no me funciona en mi S4 mini, sale "Spotify se detuvo " cuando antes me funcionaba perfectamente. Les agradezco su ayuda.
  • Avichucho1
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I move my music to a new device

I got a new phone and want to transfer all my music but I can't figure it out... help please!!!

• Casual Listener
  • I got a new phone and want to transfer all my music but I can't figure it out... help please!!!
  • Jo1013
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Desktop Controls On Samsung Galaxy 7

A month or two ago I was able to skip songs as many times as I want, go backwards to previously played tracks, and skip forward in the song about 10 seconds or whichever length I wanted. My account was still a free account, ads still showed advertisi...

• A month or two ago I was able to skip songs as many times as I want, go backwards to previously played tracks, and skip forward in the song about 10 seconds or whichever length I wanted. My acco...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist

I wanted to add a song in my playlist a few days ago, but when I tried to I couldn't because my playlist is gone. I have my other playlists except that specific one (which is the one I usually listen to music in). I searched it up in the app and it c...

• I wanted to add a song in my playlist a few days ago, but when I tried to I couldn't because my playlist is gone. I have my other playlists except that specific one (which is the one I usually listen...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song amount is different on phone and desktop

Hi,Today I noticed that my desktop app was displaying another amount of songs then my Android app in the same playlist? Any idea why Android playlist has more songs?Thanks!

pEUR1NIsTEekI2zVkSQSkA UoeeyFXpTP_5Z-RVCU8rOw
  • Hi, Today I noticed that my desktop app was displaying another amount of songs then my Android app in the same playlist? Any idea why Android playlist has more songs? Thanks!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalizer on LG G5

Hello! I had a Nexus 5 for two years, and I used Spotify equalizer without a problem. But when I switched to a new LG G5, the Eq. option from the config menu vanished. I've contacted LG, they gave me the best answer possible: use the included Music a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   I had a Nexus 5 for two years, and I used Spotify equalizer without a problem. But when I switched to a new LG G5, the Eq. option from the config menu vanished. I've contacted LG, the...
  • bumbee808
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsun J7(2016)

After upgradig app only send that it could not open.

• After upgradig app only send that it could not open.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Para qué sirve el botón "Descargar/Descargadas" en Canciones

En el móbil tengo unas cuantas canciones​ guardadas en "Canciones". Las primeras que me guardé se descargaron automáticamente y salen con la flechita verde, pero las que voy guardando ahora tienen un problema, primero se descargan y sale la flechita ...

• Casual Listener
  • En el móbil tengo unas cuantas canciones​ guardadas en "Canciones". Las primeras que me guardé se descargaron automáticamente y salen con la flechita verde, pero las que voy guardando ahora tienen un...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Download Songs in Any of My Playlists or Albums

Hi. Can someone please help me? I can't seem to download songs in any of my playlists or albums. When I add a song in a playlist or when I add an entire album, they do not automatically download the way they did before. (The download button is turned...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. Can someone please help me? I can't seem to download songs in any of my playlists or albums. When I add a song in a playlist or when I add an entire album, they do not automatically download the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Download mode doesn't work
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with playing music on Samsung phones

Hello,I have problem with playing music on my Samsung Galaxy S6. I have premium version.So the problem is that I plug my headphones start playin music, my playlist automatically and shuffled. Then I shut down phone. For a while it plays and then I mo...

• Hello, I have problem with playing music on my Samsung Galaxy S6. I have premium version. So the problem is that I plug my headphones start playin music, my playlist  automatically and shuffle...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify fecha quando se fecha os aplicativos ativos

Quando o Spotify está funcionando, sempre que fecho os aplicativos ativos o mesmo também fecha.Percebi essa diferença pq vim do GooglePlay e lá mesmo fechando os aplicativos ativos as músicas não desligavam. É possível ele não interromper as músicas ...

• Quando o Spotify está funcionando, sempre que fecho os aplicativos ativos o mesmo também fecha. Percebi essa diferença pq vim do GooglePlay e lá mesmo fechando os aplicativos ativos as músicas não d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My local songs do not play on android

I imported several songs from the desktop, and I can play them on the computer without problems, but at the same time I can not play the same songs on the android, they appear grayed out and when I try to play the message '' this song is not availabl...

• Casual Listener
  • I imported several songs from the desktop, and I can play them on the computer without problems, but at the same time I can not play the same songs on the android, they appear grayed out and when I t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford Sync 3 Connectivity Issues with Spotify via USB

Hello All, I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S7, and have had issues with Ford Sync 3 recognizing Spotify. I want to be clear that Sync recognizes there is a USB connection to my phone, however it refuses to recognize Spotify as "Playable Media"....

• Hello All,    I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S7, and have had issues with Ford Sync 3  recognizing Spotify. I want to be clear that Sync recognizes there is a USB connect...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes