Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast audio

Hi,I have a problem. When i stream a shuffle playlist to chromecast audio , its stream only a part of my playlist. I dont know, about 100 songs and its end. When you push again a shuffle, then streams the same songs only in another order. If you want...

• Hi, I have a problem. When i stream a shuffle playlist to chromecast audio , its stream only a part of my playlist. I dont know, about 100 songs and its end. When you push again a shuffle, then stre...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Descargas se borran

Tengo un huawei honor 8 y estoy teniendo el molesto problema de que descargo algún álbum y horas después de haberlo escuchado offline, busco en la biblioteca y se ha borrado, teniendo así que volver a descargar todo de nuevo!!! Mi teléfono corre con ...

• Casual Listener
  • Tengo un huawei honor 8 y estoy teniendo el molesto problema de que descargo algún álbum y horas después de haberlo escuchado offline, busco en la biblioteca y se ha borrado, teniendo así que volver ...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs are starting part way through, not at the beginning.

I have just installed the spotlight add on on kodi (android tv box) and when I play a track, the song is playing from part way through rather than the start of the track. According to the timer, it is starting at the beginning and the full time is in...

• Casual Listener
  • I have just installed the spotlight add on on kodi (android tv box) and when I play a track, the song is playing from part way through rather than the start of the track.  According to the timer...
  • f4ll3n4ng3l
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Other music rather than one in playlist

When the music plays on my playlist, it sometimes plays "suggested songs" that I do not want to be there. I want to listen to the music on my personalized playlist and not some other random songs i did not place in there. Is there something that i ne...

• Casual Listener
  • When the music plays on my playlist, it sometimes plays "suggested songs" that I do not want to be there. I want to listen to the music on my personalized playlist and not some other random songs i d...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung s7 controls

I did the last 2 spotify updates on my phone, but when I did them I ended up losing my notification panel and lock screen controls. Now I have to have the app open and displayed on my screen to change the song instead of being able to use the control...

• Casual Listener
  • I did the last 2 spotify updates on my phone, but when I did them I ended up losing my notification panel and lock screen controls. Now I have to have the app open and displayed on my screen to chang...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Pausing resumes play upon trying to input voice text

If you pause the music then try to use speech to text, for a message per say, music automatically resumes.That's dumb. If I pause it, it should stay paused until I resume it..... So I can "voice type" my message Makes sense, right? C'mon.

• Casual Listener
  • If you pause the music then try to use speech to text, for a message per say, music automatically resumes. That's dumb. If I pause it, it should stay paused until I resume it..... So I can "voice ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App EATING Data

Typically my spotify app uses between 500 and 600 MB over the course of a month streaming music on my phone to and from work and wherever else I drive. I've changed nothing about the way I've been using the Spotify Android app, but yesterday it ate u...

• Typically my spotify app uses between 500 and 600 MB over the course of a month streaming music on my phone to and from work and wherever else I drive. I've changed nothing about the way I've been us...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Huawei Equaliser

I'm using a Huawei P9 Lite and I cannot find the equaliser. Previously, i could find it on my other phone on a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. Any tips?

• I'm using a Huawei P9 Lite and I cannot find the equaliser. Previously, i could find it on my other phone on a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. Any tips?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot access downloaded songs on SD card.

I downloaded a lot of music to my SD card, so I could listen without using data. But the other day I had to do a factory reset on my phone. Everything saved to the SD card is still intact, however, despite redownloading spotify, I cannot access the m...

• I downloaded a lot of music to my SD card, so I could listen without using data. But the other day I had to do a factory reset on my phone. Everything saved to the SD card is still intact, however, d...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I find suggestions in the Discover section based on a particular artist I like?

For example, in the Discover section, I can see suggestions based on some of the artists I listened to. There's "Because you listened to Mike Oldfield", "Similar to The Beatles", "Suggested for you based on Porcupine Tree" etc there, but with this ac...

• Casual Listener
  • For example, in the Discover section, I can see suggestions based on some of the artists I listened to. There's "Because you listened to Mike Oldfield", "Similar to The Beatles", "Suggested for you b...
  • tarekspotified
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Why is there no background change?

So in Android, a cool thing is that when listening to songs, Spotify will change the background to the songs cover. But on my A5 (2017) there's only the playbox, no change in background? I use S themes for backgrounds and such.

• So in Android, a cool thing is that when listening to songs, Spotify will change the background to the songs cover. But on my A5 (2017) there's only the playbox, no change in background? I use S them...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

plan familiar premium

Hola yo tengo la cuenta premium de el plan familiar , quisiera saber qué tengo que hacer, por que yo que no soy la titular ya no tengo premium , y mi hermana de nuevo me mandó la solicitud para volver a tenerlo pero me dice que no tengo la misma dire...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola yo tengo la cuenta premium de el plan familiar , quisiera saber qué tengo que hacer, por que yo que no soy la titular ya no tengo premium , y mi hermana de nuevo me mandó la solicitud para volve...
  • fesa1289
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Can Actually Do Offline Scrobbles to Last.fm?

Hey, users from Last.fm!Anytime have you noticed that Spotify can actually do offline scrobbles? I have and I think it's because have to do some online scrobbles before you get offline — I don't know why reached in this conclusion, but I feel it work...

• Hey, users from Last.fm! Anytime have you noticed that Spotify can actually do offline scrobbles? I have and I think it's because have to do some online scrobbles before you get offline — I don't kn...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The Plus Next to Songs

I thought clicking the + adds the song to my library. But I can't find those songs. So what does it do?

• Regular
  • I thought clicking the + adds the song to my library. But I can't find those songs. So what does it do?
  • dkelber
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cant sync local files to mobile device.

hi guysi have tried to sync my local files on my computer to a playlist on my phone. i had songs in a playlist already synced and i wanted to add another song but it wouldnt work so i thought i would click the download buttom on the playlist and all ...

• Casual Listener
  • hi guys i have tried to sync my local files on my computer to a playlist on my phone. i had songs in a playlist already synced and i wanted to add another song but it wouldnt work so i thought i wou...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist of downloaded music

Hi! first of all sorry for my english. I'd like to buy spofity premium, but i got a question: For example: if i downloaded a music to play it in offline mode, after 1 month when my subscription has expired can i play this music / playlist without pro...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! first of all sorry for my english. I'd like to buy spofity premium, but i got a question: For example: if i downloaded a music to play it in offline mode, after 1 month when my subscript...
  • Russell22
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Help

Upgraded to s8plus, every time I log in, and I have premium, it log back out

• Upgraded to s8plus, every time I log in, and I have premium, it log back out
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium/ spotify not working even with basic troublshooting

I just bought spotify prem, and every time I go to play music it says I need to buy premium to play offline. I have the receipt, I logged off twice, i even restarted my phone several times. Even before I bought premium I had trouble playing music. HE...

• I just bought spotify prem, and every time I go to play music it says I need to buy premium to play offline. I have the receipt, I logged off twice, i even restarted my phone several times. Even befo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android app deleting downloads each time

Hi all, Since a few days, my android app insists on deleting my downloads. I have checked my spotify account from the web and I have not offline devices. I download a playlist or an album on my android app and when I stop to listening to music and st...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   Since a few days, my android app insists on deleting my downloads. I have checked my spotify account from the web and I have not offline devices.   I download a play...
  • Akuyi
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Thumb Up/Down gets switched with Shuffle/Repeat when using Spotify Connect

Hi, like the title says,when i use spotify connect thumbs up/down are changed to shuffle/repeat, its my first week with spotify, is this normal? how am i supossed to vote for my songs?

Screenshot_20170602-183135.png Screenshot_20170602-183122.png
  •   Hi,   like the title says, when i use spotify connect thumbs up/down are changed to shuffle/repeat,       its my first week with spotify, is this normal...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes