Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Howto: Recover your own playlist(s)

No, I want to know how to get Spotify on screen. There must be some correct way. I haven't lost any playlists, obvious from my Android, and what I was playing before I came on to the Community was Discover Weekly. All there.

• Casual Listener
  •   No, I want to know how to get Spotify on screen.  There must be some correct way.   I haven't lost any playlists, obvious from my Android, and what I was playing before I came on ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't go online if using wifi

Hey there, I got a premium account and I log in via facebook. I got a htc mini 2. My problem is that when I'm at home I can not go online while my wifi is turned on. I can go online when I use my mobile date though. Anyone has had the same problem an...

• Hey there, I got a premium account and I log in via facebook. I got a htc mini 2. My problem is that when I'm at home I can not go online while my wifi is turned on. I can go online when I use my mob...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't access my account or play please help

Various issues. First told me had 2 acc. So got into the right one then said offline won't play and to reinstall. I did and not can't get in this time so try reset password says link not valid. Shows offline even when. Connected to WiFi. Can't find a...

• Visitor
  • Various issues. First told me had 2 acc. So got into the right one then said offline won't play and to reinstall. I did and not can't get in this time so try reset password says link not valid. Shows...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sperrbildschirm

Ich habe ständig den letzten Interpreten in meinem Sperrbildschirm. Spotify ist komplett beendet. Wie kann das abgestellt werden? ?

• Ich habe ständig den letzten Interpreten in meinem Sperrbildschirm. Spotify ist komplett beendet. Wie kann das abgestellt werden? ?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Changed fone - lost account

HiI dropped my new S6 fone and had to get a replacement. My replacement wont recognise that I have a premium account and so has none of my saved playlists or tunes. Any ideas what I need to do next?

• Visitor
  • Hi I dropped my new S6 fone and had to get a replacement.  My replacement wont recognise that I have a premium account and so has none of my saved playlists or tunes.  Any ideas what I nee...
  • driveflanger
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Other] Android Auto polish

As a new user to Android Auto, I'm a bit disappointed with a few things the Spotify app is missing. I'm unable to see all of my playlists, only the top 10 or soI'm unable to see any track lists in a playlist to find a song (though Spotify on CarPlay ...

• As a new user to Android Auto, I'm a bit disappointed with a few things the Spotify app is missing.   I'm unable to see all of my playlists, only the top 10 or so I'm unable to see any track...
  • Nolegrl88
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto Issue

Hello,I'm using Android Auto. Spotify works wonderfully, but I am having issues displaying all of my playlists. It only shows a preselected number. Is there anyway to rectify this? Mark H

• Hello, I'm using Android Auto. Spotify works wonderfully, but I am having issues displaying all of my playlists. It only shows a preselected number. Is there anyway to rectify this?   Mark H
  • Nolegrl88
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't pick songs on mobile app anymore

I just started using spotify last week. I also got the mobile app at the same time. I have a galaxy s2 epic 4g. Last night got on the app to listen to something after about a day of not being on and there were "changes." I can no longer pick a song o...

Screenshot_2013-10-21-20-52-51.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I just started using spotify last week. I also got the mobile app at the same time. I have a galaxy s2 epic 4g. Last night got on the app to listen to something after about a day of not being on and ...
  • nazishibraheem
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved songs just dissapeared

Hi, I have premium version on my Samsung galaxy note 4, android 5.1.1. The second time since last week my saved songs made grey! Last time I just redownload all songs but now I want to know how to stop this. I have my songs on sd card and It wasn't t...

• Hi, I have premium version on my Samsung galaxy note 4, android 5.1.1. The second time since last week my saved songs made grey! Last time I just redownload all songs but now I want to know how to st...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help - Android phone freezes when the 30 minute ad free message tries to play

It started with just the windows 10 ad. Now it's almost all of them. I get the message that the next 30 minutes are ad free if I watch the next message, then as the message starts to play, it freezes. There are 2 freeze levels I get. The partial, whe...

• It started with just the windows 10 ad. Now it's almost all of them.   I get the message that the next 30 minutes are ad free if I watch the next message, then as the message starts to play, i...
  • whitecar
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song changing when I press the power button on my phone

Okay so I noticed that when I'm listening to music and I'm on the screen with my playlist and then press the power button to turn off the screen, the song will change. And this doesn't happen every single time, it's random. It also happens sometimes ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Okay so I noticed that when I'm listening to music and I'm on the screen with my playlist and then press the power button to turn off the screen, the song will change. And this doesn't ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

galaxy 6, can't install app

I am unable to download the spotify app on galaxy 6. The icon shows up saying it installed, but it is no where in the phone. The app did install on a tablet (through the phone) that is linked up with the phone....I have created an account on the prem...

• Casual Listener
  • I am unable to download the spotify app on galaxy 6. The icon shows up saying it installed, but it is no where in the phone. The app did install on a tablet (through the phone) that is linked up with...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Release Notes - Spotify for Android (3.4)

What's new in this version (3.4) New: Now you can start Artist Radio from any artist page.

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg
  • Spotify
  • Spotify
  •   What's new in this version (3.4)   New: Now you can start Artist Radio from any artist page.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Interruption between Android an car-audiasystem via bluetooth

Hello,when I am heraring offline from my smartphone - connecting via bluetooth to my audio-car system, there are always short interuptions.I don't know why. The bluetooth works correctly when I am listening from smartphone to car-audio via bluethoots...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, when I am heraring offline from my smartphone - connecting via bluetooth to my audio-car system, there are always short interuptions. I don't know why. The bluetooth works correctly when I a...
  • wilfriedpolin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with car stereo, bluetooth ane spotify

Hi,First of all, this problem occurred a while ago. Before that everything worked fine. May be caused by some update, but I don't know.I have Pioneer mvh 360bt stereo and Huawei honor 6 phone. Whenever I start the car/stereo, it is automatically dete...

• Regular
  • Hi, First of all, this problem occurred a while ago. Before that everything worked fine. May be caused by some update, but I don't know. I have Pioneer mvh 360bt stereo and Huawei honor 6 phone...
  • DrBahique
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Log in from an other country

I'm on a holiday in Thailand for 3 months and I had no problems at all, untill the spotify app updated e few days ago. Since I can't log in because I'm not in my home country Belgium. I tried to change my country in account settings, but the only opt...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on a holiday in Thailand for 3 months and I had no problems at all, untill the spotify app updated e few days ago. Since I can't log in because I'm not in my home country Belgium. I tried to chan...
  • RChau
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Available Offline automatically unchecks?

On my Note 4 when I check the available offline switch it downloads all my songs and then just unchecks itself. I have gone and removed all of my available offline devices. I have uninstalled the app multiple times, cleared the cache, and I have 23 g...

• Casual Listener
  • On my Note 4 when I check the available offline switch it downloads all my songs and then just unchecks itself.  I have gone and removed all of my available offline devices.  I have uninsta...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Sony z5 compact just unboxed and spotify does not work, an issue for the developers

Got it brand new from sony and spotify would not logg in, its stuck on "logging in, please wait" Have tried to uninstall spotify, facebook and try to log in without facebook. Nothing working. Also tried out the guide under, sadly without any sucsess....

• Casual Listener
  • Got it brand new from sony and spotify would not logg in, its stuck on "logging in, please wait" Have tried to uninstall spotify, facebook and try to log in without facebook. Nothing working. Also tr...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I have gained Spotify premium with my cellphone operator

Every month I pay 6.99€ but since this morning it seems like I have only the free version.. I signed out and re-download but it doesn't work.

• Every month I pay 6.99€ but since this morning it seems like I have only the free version.. I signed out and re-download but it doesn't work.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes