Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify connect still streams though my phone, not directly to the receiver

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceBoth recent iOS and androidOperating SystemBoth recent iOS and android My Question or IssueHi, when using Spotify connect with Spotify connect with a compatible receiver - blusound node - the music cuts every few seconds...

• Plan Premium Country France Device Both recent iOS and android Operating System Both recent iOS and android   My Question or Issue Hi, when using Spotify connect with Spotify connect w...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Random and unprompted playing of Bo Burnham

Doesn't sound like a huge problem I know, but it's a bit odd. It's only happened twice so far, once on its own and once when I was already listening to music and it cut in with Bo. First time, I woke up, asked the Echo to play expecting it to carry o...

• Gig Goer
  • Doesn't sound like a huge problem I know, but it's a bit odd. It's only happened twice so far, once on its own and once when I was already listening to music and it cut in with Bo. First time, I woke...
  • austensauce
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lawcase against Spotify?

Hi, since Spotify enters our local files WITHOUT PERMISSION since months, I am thinking about talking to my lawyer about it. It's very clear they are doing something illegal, they keep denying it while it happens. Anyone who wants to be involved and ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, since Spotify enters our local files WITHOUT PERMISSION since months, I am thinking about talking to my lawyer about it. It's very clear they are doing something illegal, they keep denying it whi...
  • Leen73
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Keep screen on while reading lyrics

I have a pixel2 running Android 11. When I access song lyrics to sing while listening to music in "karaoke mode", I expect the phone screen to stay on, but on my mobile it keeps powering off. So I have to wake it up every 30 secs. Spotify should real...

• Visitor
  • I have a pixel2 running Android 11. When I access song lyrics to sing while listening to music in "karaoke mode", I expect the phone screen to stay on, but on my mobile it keeps powering off. So I ha...
  • Calgarts
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • lyrics
    screen
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify, Android and Pioneer not working

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDevice(Samsung S22 Ultra 5G)Operating System(Android 12) My Question or IssueMy Spotify app won't connect to my S520 DAB player with thr latest spotify update. When I downgrade to an update from summer 2021 it works, any ideas...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Norway Device (Samsung S22 Ultra 5G) Operating System (Android 12)   My Question or Issue My Spotify app won't connect to my S520 DAB player with thr lates...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue based on Liked Songs does not maintain order after app restart

I have tested this on a premium account on both:Motorola G Power, Android 11, Spotify 8.7.28.1217Google Pixel 4a, Android 12, Spotify 8.7.28.1217 Steps to replicate:1 - Open Liked Songs2 - Sort by Title3 - Play any song from the list4 - Open Now Play...

• Casual Listener
  • I have tested this on a premium account on both: Motorola G Power, Android 11, Spotify 8.7.28.1217 Google Pixel 4a, Android 12, Spotify 8.7.28.1217   Steps to replicate: 1 - Open Liked Song...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify App can't connect to DLNA Renderer Devices

I have a couple of DLNA renderers that I am able to cast music to (for example, cast from Windows 10 to my device), but the Spotify app is not able to connect and start streaming music to those devices. They are able to be discovered, but when I sele...

• I have a couple of DLNA renderers that I am able to cast music to (for example, cast from Windows 10 to my device), but the Spotify app is not able to connect and start streaming music to those devic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution android bug

PlanPremiumDevicexioami mi max 2Operating Systemandroid 8 IssueI wanted to login my account from my computer but ı have forgetten password then ı reset it. But since my phone was on offline mode when ı try to login it said you must first close the of...

• Plan Premium Device xioami mi max 2 Operating System android 8   Issue I wanted to login my account from my computer but ı have forgetten password then ı reset it. But since my phone was...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] Select device (home speakers, for example) before starting song

On the Spotify app for Android, I do not see an option for choosing the output device (phone, speakers, etc.) before a song or playlist has started playing. Songs start playing on "this phone," and I have to then click pause to switch to another (out...

• On the Spotify app for Android, I do not see an option for choosing the output device (phone, speakers, etc.) before a song or playlist has started playing. Songs start playing on "this phone," ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Browse] About Spotify Mi phone user bottom navigation bar immersion adaptation problem

About Spotify Mi phone user bottom navigation bar immersion adaptation problemHello, I'm glad to be here to communicate with you. I am a user of Xiaomi mobile phone. I found a problem when I was using Spotify.The navigation bar at the bottom of Xiaom...

• Casual Listener
  • About Spotify Mi phone user bottom navigation bar immersion adaptation problem Hello, I'm glad to be here to communicate with you. I am a user of Xiaomi mobile phone. I found a problem when I was ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Browse
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't fast forward when playing local files

I have several local files that I've downloaded onto my phone from my computer. However, when I play the songs on my phone, I'm unable to scroll forward. Every time I do so, the track restarts from the beginning. Has anybody run into this before?

• Casual Listener
  • I have several local files that I've downloaded onto my phone from my computer. However, when I play the songs on my phone, I'm unable to scroll forward. Every time I do so, the track restarts from t...
  • pjmohr33
  • Regular
  • 32 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 32 replies
  • 18 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify forcing itself on my phone's player while the website player on another computer is playing

I was listening to the Spotify website player in a browser on my computer, I then got a phone call, I paused the web player, answered the phone, unpaused the web player, plugged in headphones to the phone, then suddenly the phone started playing Spot...

• Regular
  • I was listening to the Spotify website player in a browser on my computer, I then got a phone call, I paused the web player, answered the phone, unpaused the web player, plugged in headphones to the ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Connect no longer connecting to Naim Mu-So from Android Nexus 5 and Nexus 7

I have spotify 3.4 on Android 5.1.1, and the Spotiy Connect has stopped working on my Naim Mu-so. Naim is not sure why, but of course thinks it is a Spotify problem. All other apps including radio through internet can be streamed through the Naim app...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify 3.4 on Android 5.1.1, and the Spotiy Connect has stopped working on my Naim Mu-so. Naim is not sure why, but of course thinks it is a Spotify problem. All other apps including radio th...
  • bejoy
  • Visitor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify playing unprompted when switching between apps (Samsung s10lite)

Hi, for several weeks Spotify starts playing completely unprompted when I try to toggle between apps on my s10 lite. I don't even have Spotify open and the only way to get it to stop is to launch the app and then select pause from Spotify. I can't fi...

• Regular
  • Hi, for several weeks Spotify starts playing completely unprompted when I try to toggle between apps on my s10 lite. I don't even have Spotify open and the only way to get it to stop is to launch the...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Blend Playlist Crashes Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung S20+Operating SystemAndroid 11 Anytime I try to open my Blend Playlist on the mobile app, it completely crashes Spotify. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify multiple times. All other playlists work properly.

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung S20+ Operating System Android 11   Anytime I try to open my Blend Playlist on the mobile app, it completely crashes Spotify. I have uninstalled a...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Crash
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Sea worker

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceGoogle One Plus NordOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueMy husband works out to sea off the coast of Norway. He is in offline modus then - the internet on the ship is awful. He at times is in dock and reconnects ...

• Plan Premium Country Norway Device Google One Plus Nord Operating System Android   My Question or Issue My husband works out to sea off the coast of Norway. He is in offline modus then...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline mode - albums will shuffle songs when resuming play

Hi! I just recently got the Spotify Premium plan and have been kind of frustrated with the #1 reason why I got it - offline play. I'm an albums person and almost exclusively listen to full albums, offline (so I don't use cell plan data). Well, I've b...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I just recently got the Spotify Premium plan and have been kind of frustrated with the #1 reason why I got it - offline play. I'm an albums person and almost exclusively listen to full albums, of...
  • Ryanesta
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Mobile
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sleept Timer not available when streaming a podcast to a Google Home

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDeviceXiaomi Mi 9 Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or Issue When i try to listen to a Podcast and i stream this podcast to my Google Home, the Sleep Timer is grayed out and i cant click on the icon. The feature is generall...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Germany Device Xiaomi Mi 9  Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue   When i try to listen to a Podcast and i stream this podcast to my Google H...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Google Home
    Sleep Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Musicas travando quando estou ouvindo no celular.

Possuo um plano premium e quando estou ouvindo minhas musicas no celular, elas simplesmente ficam travando, preciso desloquear a tela e dar play novamente. Isso acontece quando estou ouvindo apenas pelo celular. Já tentei excluir o app, já tentei lim...

• Casual Listener
  • Possuo um plano premium e quando estou ouvindo minhas musicas no celular, elas simplesmente ficam travando, preciso desloquear a tela e dar play novamente. Isso acontece quando estou ouvindo apenas p...
  • CarlosE
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Filtered music doesn't play following filtered track

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueWhen filtering music in a playlist and play a track the next track isn't the next among those filtered out but the next as it usually is. This is very frustrating as I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue When filtering music in a playlist and play a track the next track isn't the next among tho...
  • Yordan
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes