Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify deleted/unfollowed all my albums!

PlanPremiumCountrygerDeviceMate 10 Pro, Windows 10, WebplayerOperating System My Question or IssueSo with the update that changed the visuals of Spotify (probably 4 or 5 month back) all my albums got deleted.I do NOT mean that my downloads where gone...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country ger Device Mate 10 Pro, Windows 10, Webplayer Operating System     My Question or Issue So with the update that changed the visuals of Spotify (probably 4 or ...
  • Boerny
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Filtering still plays every song in the playlist

So it's been a month with different bugs and glitches and it is getting tiresome. This time filtering is not working. Even if i filter for a specific song or word it still plays any song in the library when shuffle is activated and the song is ended ...

• Regular
  • So it's been a month with different bugs and glitches and it is getting tiresome.   This time filtering is not working. Even if i filter for a specific song or word it still plays any song in ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 25 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App stutters when entering an album, going to the 'Your library' tab, or tapping the notific

This has been happening constantly (at least on Android) since the new Library UI was introduced. Whenever I go to an album from the 'Now Playing' screen (by tapping on the name of the song), the app lags for 3 seconds and then directs me to the albu...

• Regular
  • This has been happening constantly (at least on Android) since the new Library UI was introduced. Whenever I go to an album from the 'Now Playing' screen (by tapping on the name of the song), the app...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Lag
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution App unresponsive in Album and Artist categories in new version of Spotify Premium

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA DeviceMoto e4Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueUpdated version makes it nearly impossible to listen to tracks under albums and artist categories. App extremely slow or completely unresponsive.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA   Device Moto e4 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Updated version makes it nearly impossible to listen to tracks under albums and artist c...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • buggy
    laggy
    slow spotify
    Slow to start
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay stopped working

PlanPremiumCountryAustriaDeviceHonor 8Operating SystemEMUI 5.0.1/Android 7.0 My Question or IssueI have startet using Spotify about 2 months ago. About 2 weeks ago i realized that the autoplay feature stopped working. Now both replay options have the...

• Plan Premium Country Austria Device Honor 8 Operating System EMUI 5.0.1/Android 7.0   My Question or Issue I have startet using Spotify about 2 months ago. About 2 weeks ago i realized...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! 'Add to playlist' page on chosen song not in custom order of playlist page in library

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8 My Question or IssueIn my library on the page showing all my playlists, I am able to filterthe order in which my playlists are shown. So alphabetical or recentlyplayed etc. Ever since the latest updatehoweve...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy 8     My Question or Issue In my library on the page showing all my playlists, I am able to filter the order in which my playlists ar...
  • originalnorth
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Does Erasing Spotify data deletes everything else there is in Spotify?

PlanPremiumCountryBrazil but speaks english better than a Teacher lolDeviceAndroid 7.0Operating SystemAndroid? My Question or IssueHello! I was about to erase the data from my Spotify when i Saw the warning:THIS WILL DELETE ALL YOUR DATA FROM THE APP...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Brazil but speaks english better than a Teacher lol Device Android 7.0 Operating System Android?   My Question or Issue Hello! I was about to erase the dat...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[CAR] Special characters not shown correctly

Hi there!I'm using a S10 coupled via Bluetooth to a VW mediasystem. In the display special characters are shown as square.From where could this a issue come from?Spotify app, Bluetooth protocol or the VW system?The song ID ishttps://open.spotify.com/...

• Visitor
  • Hi there! I'm using a S10 coupled via Bluetooth to a VW mediasystem. In the display special characters are shown as square. From where could this a issue come from? Spotify app, Bluetooth protocol...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sort & Filter playlist on Android

Spotify version 8.5.16.781, Android 8.1.0 According to this Support article, you should be able to sort & filter playlists just like in the desktop client. However, neither option is available to me. Has this feature been removed?

• Music Fan
  • Spotify version 8.5.16.781, Android 8.1.0   According to this Support article, you should be able to sort & filter playlists just like in the desktop client. However, neither option i...
  • Rene01
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    filter
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I play only all my songs (Liked/downloaded) on shuffle?

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI'm not sure if I'm asking something silly or completely missing the obvious because I used to be able to do this but now I can't. I would like to play all m...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Singapore Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I'm not sure if I'm asking something silly or completely missing the obvious beca...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Please fix the **bleep** Top Artist algorithm, it's never been accurate since 2012! You make enough money

You need to fix your algorithm for top artist, for the app itself and for tinder, as I have artist I have listened to once, and other I've never heard before in there. You make enough money to pay for someone to fix such an issue! Or give us to optio...

• You need to fix your algorithm for top artist, for the app itself and for tinder, as I have artist I have listened to once, and other I've never heard before in there. You make enough money to pay fo...
  • atrevz
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

App stops playing after 11 seconds - phone requires reboot

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceGoogle Pixel Operating SystemAndroid Spotify Version8.5.13.637 My IssueSpotify stops playing tracks after 11 seconds. The phone requires a restart to get it working again, but it may only play one or two tracks before...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Google Pixel  Operating System Android  Spotify Version 8.5.13.637   My Issue Spotify stops playing tracks after 11 seconds. The phone...
  • windburn
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Is it normal for not all liked songs to shuffle?

PlanFree/PremiumCountryU.S. DeviceHuawei Mate 20 ProOperating SystemAndroid 9.0 My Question or IssueI am currently on a free plan, evaluating Spotify. I am finding that as I build a list of liked songs that when I play liked songs, it will randomly p...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country U.S.   Device Huawei Mate 20 Pro Operating System Android 9.0   My Question or Issue I am currently on a free plan, evaluating Spotify.   I am fi...
  • 56_kruiser
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist folders created/organised on desktop mixed up on android phone app

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9 My Question or IssueI've organise my playlists on my desktop into folders and sub-folders as I've created so many. As I've reorganised them, my playlist folders on my phone app don't match. It's not that the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy 9   My Question or Issue I've organise my playlists on my desktop into folders and sub-folders as I've created so many. As I've reorganised ...
  • corrcorr
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Chromecast still losing volume control

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDeviceOneplus5Operating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 Im constantly losing audio control when using chromecast (latest software update). Shutting down spotify solves the problem temporarily. Battery optimization is off. The problem hav...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device Oneplus5 Operating System Android 8.1.0   Im constantly losing audio control when using chromecast (latest software update). Shutting down spoti...
  • Spotisod
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Adding songs not working properly

Repeating a closed post without solution.. so the problem/bug is still there. "So I know I can sort the playlists and I managed to display them as CUSTOM like I like it, however when I go and add a song to one of my playlists they are always sorted b...

• Regular
  • Repeating a closed post without solution.. so the problem/bug is still there.   "So I know I can sort the playlists and I managed to display them as CUSTOM like I like it, however when I go an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • add to playlist
    adding songs
    custom order
    latest played
    recenly played
    Update
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist takes me to the track's view

PlanPremium CountryPolandDeviceGalaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid Pie - One UI My Question or IssueHi guys, I've recorded a quick video so you know what I'm talking about.0:00 through 0:15 - I access a playlist, pick a song from the playlist, and it ta...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium  Country Poland Device Galaxy S9 Operating System Android Pie - One UI   My Question or Issue Hi guys, I've recorded a quick video so you know what I'm talking about....
  • Rene01
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cutting out/Stuttering on Bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceSamsung S8Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueNever had this before but suddenly completely unable to use my Bluetooth speakers. Spotify will freeze/sutter for a few seconds every few seconds, tried charging the spe...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device Samsung S8 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Never had this before but suddenly completely unable to use my Bluetooth speakers. Spo...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Old Library View

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDeviceHuawei P10 PlusOperating SystemAndroid PieMy Question or IssueSince i hate the new library view.Can someone tell me What was the LAST version using the previous library view so i can downgrade please

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Mexico Device Huawei P10 Plus Operating System Android Pie My Question or Issue Since i hate the new library view. Can someone tell me What was the LAST version using t...
  • roastedcashews
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists ive never played or heard about keeps shows up in my Homescreen

Spotify, u may have been the best music up, but your update will make u dissapear. why in the world, with all the playing songs problems we r experiencing, it keeps show me songs and playlists i never wanted to hear songs from...??? my premiun accoun...

• Gig Goer
  • Spotify, u may have been the best music up, but your update will make u dissapear.   why in the world, with all the playing songs problems we r experiencing, it keeps show me songs and playlis...
  • ceanneidigh
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes