Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can log in to Spotify through my MacBook air but I can't log in through my android phone. Pls help

All these days I was able to use Spotify through my android phone but all of a sudden it does not allow me to log in as it says "incorrect password or username." However, when I use the same password and username for my Mac and it logs in. Please hel...

• All these days I was able to use Spotify through my android phone but all of a sudden it does not allow me to log in as it says "incorrect password or username." However, when I use the same password...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help Me

I can not, cause the Spotify storage to be the external storage of my cell phone and I end up running out of memory in internal storage because of that.

• I can not, cause the Spotify storage to be the external storage of my cell phone and I end up running out of memory in internal storage because of that.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Disabling Bluetooth Auto Start

Hello, Whenever I connect my phone to my car stereo using bluetooth, the Spotify app opens and begins playing music from where I last left off. I don't want this behavior. I often listen to podcasts, and use a different app for that. Spotify will ove...

• Hello,   Whenever I connect my phone to my car stereo using bluetooth, the Spotify app opens and begins playing music from where I last left off. I don't want this behavior. I often listen to ...
  • Wi_liam
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes

Superuser Contribution Se reinicia teléfono repetidamente.

Hace unas semanas adquirí una memoria SD de 128 GB para guardar la música en ella, cuando se comienzan a descargar, el teléfono comienza a reiniciarse repetidamente hasta que extraigo la SD , me eh dado cuenta que solo pasa con SPOTIFY pues otros arc...

• Hace unas semanas adquirí una memoria SD de 128 GB para guardar la música en ella, cuando se comienzan a descargar, el teléfono comienza a reiniciarse repetidamente hasta que extraigo la SD , me eh d...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify updates deleted downloaded music

Like the title says - seems like almost everytime the Spotify app updates, all of my downloaded music gets deleted. My playlists don't get **bleep** up or anything, but it takes awhile to re-download all 1000+ songs. Anybody else experience this? Any...

• Regular
  • Like the title says - seems like almost everytime the Spotify app updates, all of my downloaded music gets deleted.     My playlists don't get **bleep** up or anything, but it takes awhi...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

semi-unlink device - disable notification with what I'm listening on my computer

Use-case: I have spotify premium and I'm listening on my computer and on my android device. And this works great, with a little "but". When I'm listening on my computer I constantly see a notification on my android device with information of the curr...

• Casual Listener
  • Use-case: I have spotify premium and I'm listening on my computer and on my android device. And this works great, with a little "but". When I'm listening on my computer I constantly see a notificatio...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify closes when starting runtastic activity

Hello, i noticed that on my secondary phone, which runs on android 6.00 (wiko sunny that i use for when i run), everytime i use spotify and gps, spotify closes, it happens especially with app that records sport activity (runtastic or strava). I did a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, i noticed that on my secondary phone, which runs on android 6.00 (wiko sunny that i use for when i run), everytime i use spotify and gps, spotify closes, it happens especially with app that re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug when advance the music

Hi, when I advance the music, for exemple, the music is in the beginning and I put it in the middle, the music has sound a burst ( clipping) every time it advances or regresses the music.Please, help to resolve this problemSorry for my English, I'm b...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, when I advance the music, for exemple, the music is in the beginning and I put it in the middle, the music has sound a burst ( clipping) every time it advances or regresses the music. Please, he...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Free songs stuck in play list

When I am listening to a playlist on my phone, when a song ends the next song does not play until I unlock my phone snd look at the Spotify app. Just started happening yesterday. Did not Change any thing.

• When I am listening to a playlist on my phone, when a song ends the next song does not play until I unlock my phone snd look at the Spotify app. Just started happening yesterday. Did not Change any t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App Opens by Itself

Every time I plug in my phone, specifically at night, the app opens by itself and I cannot figure out why or how to stop this. Can someone please explain this to me and help me change it. Thank you

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I plug in my phone, specifically at night, the app opens by itself and I cannot figure out why or how to stop this. Can someone please explain this to me and help me change it.   Th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast controls missing since update

A few weeks ago there was an update to the podcast player, and now most of my favourite podcasts have no visible control buttons (to fast forward, rewind etc.)It seems to depend on how much information the podcast creators put in each preview - this ...

• Regular
  • A few weeks ago there was an update to the podcast player, and now most of my favourite podcasts have no visible control buttons (to fast forward, rewind etc.) It seems to depend on how much infor...
  • deano_nz
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bring back artist radio

My spotify app on my android pohne just updated. All of my library items disappeared. Just as annoyingly, the option to play an Artist Radio has disappeared. This was my favorite part of spotify. Please bring it back!

• Visitor
  • My spotify app on my android pohne just updated. All of my library items disappeared. Just as annoyingly, the option to play an Artist Radio has disappeared. This was my favorite part of spotify. Ple...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why did spotify remove access to play personalized playlist of saved songs in the new update

This really makes me mad and how i can't do this anymore. In the desktop version i can still access it so why not the android app anymore?

• Roadie
  • This really makes me mad and how i can't do this anymore. In the desktop version i can still access it so why not the android app anymore?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Large playlist: jump to current song?

How do I do this?

• How do I do this?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

My Playlist has disappeared when changing phones

My Samsung has died and now I have a new phone. Downloaded Spotify and everything is on it except my own Playlist How can I retrieve it. Cheers Shels

• My Samsung has died and now I have a new phone. Downloaded Spotify and everything is on it except my own Playlist  How can I retrieve it. Cheers Shels
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not on playlist play

Samsung Galaxy s8+, current OS,spot up to date. For 2 days when playing my metal/rock playlist Brooks & Dunn will come on and it's one specific album. I've checked 3 times and they are NOT on that playlist. I even removed that specific(steers & strip...

• Regular
  • Samsung Galaxy s8+, current OS,spot up to date.   For 2 days when playing my metal/rock playlist Brooks & Dunn will come on and it's one specific album. I've checked 3 times and they are N...
  • Jerbear77
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Disconnect spotify from Facebook

Hey, so i cant disconnect from Facebook cause i created my spotify With Facebook.I would have to create a new account. But what would be if I would delete my Facebook completely?

• Hey, so i cant disconnect from Facebook cause i created my spotify With Facebook. I would have to create a new account. But what would be if I would delete my Facebook completely?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloads section in Your Music / Your Library

Hi,A friend of mine just showed to me that he has a “folder“ called downloads on his iPhone. It's missing on my Android device. Can somebody tell my why?Thanks

• Visitor
  • Hi, A friend of mine just showed to me that he has a “folder“ called downloads on his iPhone. It's missing on my Android device. Can somebody tell my why? Thanks
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

deleted playlists on both my android devices as well as all downloaded music gone

so when looking at both my phone devices today my playlists have all gone and been replaced with an random playlist containing 5 songs I have never heard of. As well as this both devices have been wiped of all the downloaded songs. When logging onto ...

• so when looking at both my phone devices today my playlists have all gone and been replaced with an random playlist containing 5 songs I have never heard of. As well as this both devices have been wi...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album wont show up in the album tab, but songs do appear in the songs section

So, I have this album (CDCC by La Fouine, used to be available in Spotify but not anymore) whose files I have downloaded in my cell phone. They work correctly in google play music, but i personally prefer spotify. i tried to import them to the app, b...

• Casual Listener
  • So, I have this album (CDCC by La Fouine, used to be available in Spotify but not anymore) whose files I have downloaded in my cell phone. They work correctly in google play music, but i personally p...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes