Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Different Songs Playing Than What is Filtered

When I utilize the "Filter" within my main playlist, it filters the songs out but then when I tap one to play it plays a song from the unfiltered playlist. For example, the first song in my main playlist right now is Fields of Gold. If I type Britney...

• When I utilize the "Filter" within my main playlist, it filters the songs out but then when I tap one to play it plays a song from the unfiltered playlist. For example, the first song in my main play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Awful audio via bluetooth

Hello, i had an iPhone 5S and used to play songs via spotify in my vw bluetooth radio and the sound were very good.Yesterday, i changed my phone for a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge running Android 5.0.1 and now, playing in the same bluetooth radio, the song...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   i had an iPhone 5S and used to play songs via spotify in my vw bluetooth radio and the sound were very good. Yesterday, i changed my phone for a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge running Androi...
  • jamestom100
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Running Arrives to Android

Since the launch of Spotify Running, millions of you have laced up and hit the road together with the best musical motivation out there. Today we’re thrilled to be bringing the same great experience to our Android users. With Spotify Running, we’ve c...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • Since the launch of Spotify Running, millions of you have laced up and hit the road together with the best musical motivation out there.   Today we’re thrilled to be bringing the same great ...
  • Vasyl
  • 28 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 28 replies
  • 2 likes

Connect stops after unlocking phone

Hi, I'm using a Spotify Connect with my Yamaha YSP 2700. Latest App on Android and firmware on the Yamaha soundbar. Whenever I unlock the phone after leaving it playing for a few minutes, the music will stop. If you launch the app, it will show "Devi...

• Hi,   I'm using a Spotify Connect with my Yamaha YSP 2700. Latest App on Android and firmware on the Yamaha soundbar.   Whenever I unlock the phone after leaving it playing for a f...
  • Elym
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes

Some of my downloaded songs won't play in offline mode

Hello, I have a premium account and some of my songs won't play in offline mode even if I download them(ex: Blind Witness - All Alone). I downloaded it from the playlist "Discover Weekly" with some other songs but none of them is playable when I have...

• Hello, I have a premium account and some of my songs won't play in offline mode even if I download them(ex: Blind Witness - All Alone). I downloaded it from the playlist "Discover Weekly" with some o...
  • Tun3BotYoda
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

The layout is different and it's driving me insane

So I switched from an I phone to an Android esque phone (google pixel 2) and the layout is different. Personally I really like how the layout is different but one thing kills me. I can't really remove things from recently played and it makes me frust...

• So I switched from an I phone to an Android esque phone (google pixel 2) and the layout is different. Personally I really like how the layout is different but one thing kills me. I can't really remov...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[WP7] Filtering music on playlist

While filtering songs on a playlist, the app doesn't play any of the filtered songs, but instead it plays the song from the beginning of the playlist. If I choose the first one from the filtered songs, it plays the first from the playlist, if I choos...

• While filtering songs on a playlist, the app doesn't play any of the filtered songs, but instead it plays the song from the beginning of the playlist. If I choose the first one from the filtered song...
  • dustinbrueckner
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Layout different for different accounts?

Okay, so I made a new Spotify account the other day (through the app) because my old username was kind of embarrassing, but that's not really important to the topic here. Anyway, when I stopped listening to music I closed the app. But when I opened i...

• Okay, so I made a new Spotify account the other day (through the app) because my old username was kind of embarrassing, but that's not really important to the topic here. Anyway, when I stopped liste...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Android Auto Bugs with Spotify

I've tried this on four seperate phones, using three versions of Android, and it happens on all of them, so it's 100% a Spotify issue. When using Spotify on Android Auto, occasionally (around 20% of the time) when you plug your phone into the Android...

• Visitor
  • I've tried this on four seperate phones, using three versions of Android, and it happens on all of them, so it's 100% a Spotify issue.   When using Spotify on Android Auto, occasionally (aroun...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution local files not being downloaded to my phone

i put a list of local files together that i normally listen to in other playlists but those aren't offline lists but i want to listen to those songs while i'm out too but when i purged my spotify data on my phone too clear some space i wasn't able to...

• Casual Listener
  • i put a list of local files together that i normally listen to in other playlists but those aren't offline lists but i want to listen to those songs while i'm out too but when i purged my spotify dat...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Reached maximum number of downloads at 736 songs?

I only have 736 songs (and do have plenty of space on my phone), and yet I'm seeing this error: Why am I being capped at so few songs?

spotify2.PNG spotify1.PNG
  • I only have 736 songs (and do have plenty of space on my phone), and yet I'm seeing this error:   Why am I being capped at so few songs?
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • downloads
    maximum
    maximum downloads
    more
    reached
    remove
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Keeps going into 'pause'.

When using my Samsung phone, it keeps going into pause mode. It was working fine for ages, but not now. Should I re-install it?Cheers,Dave.

• When using my Samsung phone, it keeps going into pause mode. It was working fine for ages, but not now. Should I re-install it? Cheers, Dave.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Skip songs with three buttons headphones and a USB adapter

Hello I'm using a HTC U11 together with the included adapter..In other applications, for example YouTube or Poweramp, I can use the play/pause button to skip titles too (double tap).Only in Spotify it is not possible to skip titles with a double tap ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   I'm using a HTC U11 together with the included adapter.. In other applications, for example YouTube or Poweramp, I can use the play/pause button to skip titles too (doub...
  • Steven123456
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Reduce spotify volume

Hey, I'm trying to multi-task with my mobile, using Spotify in the background with ambient sounds and other apps in the foreground making other sounds. But I can't lower the volume of Spotify separately, and that makes me a little bit sad. Please add...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, I'm trying to multi-task with my mobile, using Spotify in the background with ambient sounds and other apps in the foreground making other sounds. But I can't lower the volume of Spotify separat...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Account hacked

I think my account got hacked, I would be listening to music and randomly my music will switch to some talentless fool by the name of saucy beats, I've never listened to this artist and never will but my account keeps switching to his garbage. What i...

• I think my account got hacked, I would be listening to music and randomly my music will switch to some talentless fool by the name of saucy beats, I've never listened to this artist and never will bu...
  • jenchen56
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to see the queue?

How do I see the queue in the android app? I can add songs to the queue but can't find them afterwards if I want to delete them from the queue and that annoys me as hell. I looked at the forum but didn't see any threads talking about this.

• Regular
  • How do I see the queue in the android app?   I can add songs to the queue but can't find them afterwards if I want to delete them from the queue and that annoys me as hell.   I looked a...
  • annoyedwthis
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Opening web player causes Android app to start playing

Earlier today I was listening to Spotify on my Android, and I left the app open when I was done. Then, several hours later I logged into Spotify web player on my laptop (with headphones, because I was in a public place), and my *phone* spontaneously ...

• Casual Listener
  • ...as in a public place), and my *phone* spontaneously starts blaring the song I had been listening to earlier. Is this a bug, or is there some setting that will prevent this behavior? Ideally I would l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing offline music doesn't clear space

I was running out of space due to downloaded/offline music, so I unchecked a bunch of albums/playlists so they would no longer be avaialable offline. Although the music was no longer available to me offline, it didn't free up any space on my phone. I...

• Music Fan
  • I was running out of space due to downloaded/offline music, so I unchecked a bunch of albums/playlists so they would no longer be avaialable offline.  Although the music was no longer available ...
  • Crewmember
  • Casual Listener
  • 89 replies
  • 30 likes
  • 89 replies
  • 30 likes

Can't Login In To My Account In Spotify

If I Login To My Account Then It Was Only Stay For Few Seconds. And Automatically Logged Out.

• If I Login To My Account Then It Was Only Stay For Few Seconds. And Automatically Logged Out. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to remove song from playlist due to song copyright issue

Hi, I'm using Spotify on my Samsung S8.I have a song on my playlist that I can't seem to remove because the album that song was on was removed for copyright.Usually if the song was legit and became down/greyed out you might still be able to remove it...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I'm using Spotify on my Samsung S8. I have a song on my playlist that I can't seem to remove because the album that song was on was removed for copyright. Usually if the song was legit...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes