Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Name of playlists

Earlier you had the feature that if you created a new Playlist out of a whole album the default title was [artist] - [album name].This has disappeared as of recently. Am I the only one experiencing this or is something general.If it is something gene...

• Casual Listener
  • Earlier you had the feature that if you created a new Playlist out of a whole album the default title was [artist] - [album name]. This has disappeared as of recently. Am I the only one experiencing...
  • Myskosvamp
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Logging out automatically after 2 seconds of logging in

As soon as I try to log in via my android app I keep getting logged out after 2 seconds.In those 2 seconds my screen says that I'm offline.I am Online and username and password are both correct. I've tried re-installing the app.Please help

• As soon as I try to log in via my android app I keep getting logged out after 2 seconds. In those 2 seconds my screen says that I'm offline. I am Online and username and password are both correct.&...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

New Android App is Horrible

So far I've only noticed changes to the Now Playing screen. These were bad ideas:- Hiding controls and showing an awkward, low-res blown-up version of the album artwork... after only a few seconds. Bad feature in general, but at least give more time ...

• Casual Listener
  • So far I've only noticed changes to the Now Playing screen. These were bad ideas: - Hiding controls and showing an awkward, low-res blown-up version of the album artwork... after only a few seconds....
  • zaid1988
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto - Unable to select daily mix

I've noticed in the past week, I'm not able to select any of the Daily Mix within Spotify Android Auto, it will continue to play the current track selected. It's fine selecting other playlists I've created or a song/album. This morning I was also abl...

• I've noticed in the past week, I'm not able to select any of the Daily Mix within Spotify Android Auto, it will continue to play the current track selected. It's fine selecting other playli...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Podcast "following" list view is not showing all followed podcasts

I can't see the full list of podcasts that I am following in the new version of Spotify Android (8.4.30.688 armV7) . In the podcast page it knows I am following (has unfollow option)Unfollow and re-follow does not fix itUnplayed items shows an item f...

• Regular
  • I can't see the full list of podcasts that I am following in the new version of Spotify Android (8.4.30.688 armV7) .  In the podcast page it knows I am following (has unfollow option) Unfollo...
  • Choldorf84
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 5 likes

Notificacion bar stuck when pull it down

Hello, When Spotify is running with the phone locked and I unlock it and pull down the notification bar it stuck like the image attached for a few seconds and then it ends to pull down, please help me to fix it.

Android.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello,   When Spotify is running with the phone locked and I unlock it and pull down the notification bar it stuck like the image attached for a few seconds and then it ends to pull down, plea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode

Hello,I am a little confused with my online mode. Suddenly all my downloaded music was lost. So I used 150MB of my mobile data to have a little music around. When i started shuffle, it played songs, which have been lost. This songs are still not feat...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I am a little confused with my online mode. Suddenly all my downloaded music was lost. So I used 150MB of my mobile data to have a little music around. When i started shuffle, it played songs...
  • fflodder
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem notification bar

When I unlocked my phone and I pull down the notification bar it gets stucks in halfway, seconds then it ends to pull down.

• Casual Listener
  • When I unlocked my phone and I pull down the notification bar it gets stucks in halfway, seconds then it ends to pull down.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio quality settings keep changing automatically

HiI want to stream and download on extreme quality, but every day my settings are back at normal quality. I have Spotify premium family. Any suggestions how I can make the settings remain on extreme quality?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I want to stream and download on extreme quality, but every day my settings are back at normal quality. I have Spotify premium family. Any suggestions how I can make the settings remain on extrem...
  • 0 replies
  • 19 likes
  • settings
    Sound Quality
  • 0 replies
  • 19 likes

Solved!! Can't add songs to a playlist

Once I find a song I like, I go to click the the three vertical dots to add it to a playlist, click 'Add to Playlist' and then nothing happens. It won't let me delete old playlists or stop following other ones.

• Once I find a song I like, I go to click the the three vertical dots to add it to a playlist, click 'Add to Playlist' and then nothing happens. It won't let me delete old playlists or stop following ...
  • phoenixsage
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Problem with finding my playlists when adding songs

After the latest update to spotify on my Samsung S7 I can no longer decide what order the list of playlists appear in when I want to add a new song. Now it always appear sorted by "custom" - the latest playlist appearing on top. But I have several hu...

• Casual Listener
  • After the latest update to spotify on my Samsung S7 I can no longer decide what order the list of playlists appear in when I want to add a new song. Now it always appear sorted by "custom" - the late...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalizer turns off for a short time

Everytime i skip to the next song, the equalizer turns off for like a second and then turns on again. Even when I skip a little bit of a song, the equalizer turns off for a second and then on again. This is pretty annoying how can I fix this?

• Everytime i skip to the next song, the equalizer turns off for like a second and then turns on again. Even when I skip a little bit of a song, the equalizer turns off for a second and then on again. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify account not linking to Google Assistant on Android

Hey, For the past month I have been trying continuously to link my spotify account to my Google Assistant on my Android Phone, when I click "Okay" on the sign in page it takes me to this url: https://clients3.google.com/cast/auth/3p/done?status=error...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,  For the past month I have been trying continuously to link my spotify account to my Google Assistant on my Android Phone, when I click "Okay" on the sign in page it takes me to this url:&...
  • AlexO99
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Shortcuts

I recently discovered a shortcut to an artist I follow on one of my home screens. I did not create it and did not even know that was possible. I have been a Spotify user for a long time now and would like to know how this happened and if it is a new ...

• I recently discovered a shortcut to an artist I follow on one of my home screens.  I did not create it and did not even know that was possible.  I have been a Spotify user for a long time n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix has disappeard from my library.

Pretty recently I noticed the the Daily Mix playlists have disappeared from my library on both my android and desktop versions of Spotify. I loved the Daily Mixes and I've been trying to find out what happened (Googling, Reddit browsing, etc), but no...

• Pretty recently I noticed the the Daily Mix playlists have disappeared from my library on both my android and desktop versions of Spotify. I loved the Daily Mixes and I've been trying to find out wha...
  • 18umerova81
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't log in

I'm trying to log in to my spotify and the "log in" button turns to "logging in" and the back to "log in" and nothing happens! why? how can I solve this?

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to log in to my spotify and the "log in" button turns to "logging in" and the back to "log in" and nothing happens! why? how can I solve this?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to login with correct password

I'e changed my password multiple times and used the correct password after. However, I still cannot login. It's been 3 days. Anyone have a solution?

• Casual Listener
  • I'e changed my password multiple times and used the correct password after. However, I still cannot login. It's been 3 days. Anyone have a solution? 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Different version?

Anybody know why my spotify is different than my friend's. We have the same galaxy s7 and installed spotify within minutes of each other. I found it is easier to create playlists on mine so we want them to work the same!

• Anybody know why my spotify is different than my friend's.  We have the same galaxy s7 and installed spotify within minutes of each other.  I found it is easier to create playlists on mine ...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Make playing music instantly FREE

OK, this has really **bleep** me off. I can't play any tracks I want to play, saying it's a premium feature. Make it **bleep**ing free, will you?

• Casual Listener
  • OK, this has really **bleep** me off. I can't play any tracks I want to play, saying it's a premium feature. Make it **bleep**ing free, will you?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify stops working while downloading

When I try to download new music Spotify will suddenly shut down. How can I fix this?

• When I try to download new music Spotify will suddenly shut down. How can I fix this?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes