Announcements

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify randomly pauses

Hello,I have recently started to live problem with Spotify on my Samsung Note 5 (SM-N920C). I have Android 7.0 version on my phone.The problem is that the music pauses randomly regardless of my phone is connected to my car's system on Bluetooth or no...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have recently started to live problem with Spotify on my Samsung Note 5 (SM-N920C). I have Android 7.0 version on my phone. The problem is that the music pauses randomly regardless of my...
  • Yeferson
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Why cant we just have simple playing now playlist

As the title says, a simple temporary playlist for what you want queue up to listen to now.The add to now playing is awful and get whole playlists instead of individual songs.Getting really frustrated with this.

• Casual Listener
  • As the title says, a simple temporary playlist for what you want queue up to listen to now. The add to now playing is awful and get whole playlists instead of individual songs. Getting really fru...
  • kdwg1308
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

geen opslagruimte gevonden

Als ik de app open, sluit ie gelijk weer. Opnieuw installeren of telefoon inschakelen helpt niet, ik heb overigens genoeg ruimte oo mijn telefoon en SD kaart. Wat kan ik hieraan doen?

• Casual Listener
  • Als ik de app open, sluit ie gelijk weer. Opnieuw installeren of telefoon inschakelen helpt niet, ik heb overigens genoeg ruimte oo mijn telefoon en SD kaart. Wat kan ik hieraan doen?
  • Lizzy-duck
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Loading spinners everywhere... takes almost a minute to load screens with strong network connection!

As of some recent release in the last month I've been having an awful experience on Android where it used to be amazing Specifically, I'll often be searching for results in the app, clicking on songs to load them, or loading Radio or Playlists. And i...

• Regular
  • As of some recent release in the last month I've been having an awful experience on Android where it used to be amazing 😞 Specifically, I'll often be searching for results in the app, clicking o...
  • vitar
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

[FALSE ALARM]: Low quality (tinny voice) while on roaming mobile data (in Europe)

Oops, forgot to close/update this one. Turns out my earphones were broken! I'm currently traveling through Europe (I'm an Australian resident). Because I'm with Vodafone, I get a good deal on roaming and data limit is not an issue for me, also I get ...

• Oops, forgot to close/update this one. Turns out my earphones were broken! 😄   I'm currently traveling through Europe (I'm an Australian resident). Because I'm with Vodafone, I get a good d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading app

I have android kitkat 4.4.2 and it says my device isnt compatible for the download.P.s im using vpn because its not available in my country

• Casual Listener
  • I have android kitkat 4.4.2 and it says my device isnt compatible for the download. P.s im using vpn because its not available in my country
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

(Bug) Spotify won't not shuffle

I don't know how to say that better.Trying to listen to a playlist with albums in track order an is the most frustrating thing in the world. It will not work. Shuffles every time no matter what. Shuffle is definitely toggled off. Restarted the device...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't know how to say that better. Trying to listen to a playlist with albums in track order an is the most frustrating thing in the world. It will not work. Shuffles every time no matter what. Sh...
  • C_Notch
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggested Songs???

So this evening, after a long day, I wanted to relax in the hotel to some Beatles. So I put on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. About 2 songs in, Spotify decided to be helpful and suggest other Beatles songs from albums I didn't want to listen ...

• So this evening, after a long day, I wanted to relax in the hotel to some Beatles. So I put on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. About 2 songs in, Spotify decided to be helpful and suggest other...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify randomly pauses

My spotify app randomly pauses when I'm listening to music, I have a galaxy s6 if that helps. I also update the app whenever needed. Then when I go back to the app it'll start playing again

• My spotify app randomly pauses when I'm listening to music, I have a galaxy s6 if that helps. I also update the app whenever needed. Then when I go back to the app it'll start playing again
  • Andehh
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Listen Music And Play a Game

How can i listen a music and Play a game like Yugi-Oh Fiel Links, or Injustice, até same time? When i start a game, The music stop!

• How can i listen a music and Play a game like Yugi-Oh Fiel Links, or Injustice, até same time? When i start a game, The music stop!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there anyway to listen to my playlist with my data on and not use any data

I like to keep my data on for other apps. When listing to my playlist I sshould not have to use data since I pay for premium and the songs are already in my phone. Is there a way to change that. thankyou for the help

• I like to keep my data on for other apps. When listing to my playlist I sshould not have to use data since I pay for premium and the songs are already in my phone. Is there a way to change that. than...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify - Music will play only if I am actually in the app.

The problem:The music plays fine. The app works for the most part. The issue is once the song is done, the music will stop. The next song is ready to go. I am usually using another app while listening to music like Snapchat, Instagram, or a gaming ap...

• The problem: The music plays fine. The app works for the most part. The issue is once the song is done, the music will stop. The next song is ready to go. I am usually using another app while listen...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Won't skip ANY songs

My skip button has been greyed out for two days, regardless of how many times I restart my app.

• Casual Listener
  • My skip button has been greyed out for two days, regardless of how many times I restart my app.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

DOWNLOADED SONGS ARE MISSING AGAIN!

For the Nth time, downloaded songs on my account suddenly were all gone, it's not the first time! I'm paying for a premium subscription for almost a year now. Please fix this!

• For the Nth time, downloaded songs on my account suddenly were all gone, it's not the first time! I'm paying for a premium subscription for almost a year now. Please fix this!
  • EPIPHONE99
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't share to tumblr

Posting to Tumblr used to be easy and sharing from the spotify app directly to tumblr would create a post with a legible and user friendly box with the song title and album art and whatnot and now when i share to tumblr after my app updated, it just ...

• Posting to Tumblr used to be easy and sharing from the spotify app directly to tumblr would create a post with a legible and user friendly box with the song title and album art and whatnot and now wh...
  • jdbpogo
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why i haven't daily mix on my account?

Hiim usuing Spotify on my Android device and also on my desktop but i havn't "my daily mix" in my account.how do i active that on my account ? thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi im usuing Spotify on my Android device and also on my desktop but i havn't "my daily mix" in my account. how do i active that on my account ? 😞 thanks
  • rohammm
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

sound settings

I have set my spotify to an incredibly bad sound out of spotify .. understands that on the phone it plays a nice sound but when it's going to play in my earphone or chromecast it's terribly bad sound. I think I've got a click on something that I do n...

• Casual Listener
  • I have set my spotify to an incredibly bad sound out of spotify .. understands that on the phone it plays a nice sound but when it's going to play in my earphone or chromecast it's terribly bad sound...
  • cadmielp
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! S8 No password required to open phone while using spotify

I reckon I did this by mistake - messing with settings. But when I'm running Spotify there is no password required to unlock my phone. I like to have my phone passworded at all times but can't figure out how to change this setting back at all. I've l...

• Casual Listener
  • I reckon I did this by mistake - messing with settings.   But when I'm running Spotify there is no password required to unlock my phone.   I like to have my phone passworded at all time...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

All downloaded albums disappear from android phone daily

Starting recently and with greater regularly (now daily) I find that all the downloaded albums have deleted from my android phone. Strangely playlists are not affected, but every day this week I find all my albums have gone. I download them again ove...

• Starting recently and with greater regularly (now daily) I find that all the downloaded albums have deleted from my android phone. Strangely playlists are not affected, but every day this week I find...
  • Fergal2808
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Android app - Wake lock

Hello! I wanted to give some (android) developer feedback since I recently discovered that even though I had spotify installed on my Samsung S6 Edge+ (SM-G926F), I have not opened or used spotify, and it uses ± 90mb of data per month, and 3hr and 30m...

• Hello!   I wanted to give some (android) developer feedback since I recently discovered that even though I had spotify installed on my Samsung S6 Edge+ (SM-G926F), I have not opened or used&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Env: prod