Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Content Questions

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Feature To Try On Desktop: Quick Search Shortcuts

Hey folks, The Spotify team is always working to make the software as simple as possible for everyone to use, and for those of you who like to save a bit of time by using keyboard shortcuts, there's a very convenient trick that you may not have notic...

dinomight_0-1661880282065.jpeg
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • fumikimkim
  • Roadie
  • 46 replies
  • 105 likes
  • 46 replies
  • 105 likes

New Home Feed Interface?

Sorry but this new "tiktok-like" interface is so ugly. Spotify needs to realise that a familiar design on one app absolutely doesn't work for others. It doesn't "promote discovery" and honestly just makes me feel less inclined to scroll through hundr...

• Visitor
  • nin302
  • Regular
  • 2353 replies
  • 1910 likes
  • 2353 replies
  • 1910 likes

Superuser Contribution NHK Radio News?

Any idea what happened to the NHK Radio News podcast? Was surprised to log in a month or so ago to find it gone suddenly. Licensing issue maybe? It's available via Apple, but nowhere to be found on Spotify. Thanks for any replies!

• Casual Listener
  • Any idea what happened to the NHK Radio News podcast?  Was surprised to log in a month or so ago to find it gone suddenly.  Licensing issue maybe?  It's available via Apple, but nowher...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Inappropriate Podcast Suggestions

I was shocked when I opened the app today. On the homepage it has the section for podcast suggestions, which I had been tolerating for years. But today, it is suggesting ADULT podcasts to me!!! This will be my LAST month using Spotify, which is a com...

IMG_42B6DA8B5ED8-1.jpg WX20210913-194843@2x.png
  • Regular
  •   I was shocked when I opened the app today. On the homepage it has the section for podcast suggestions, which I had been tolerating for years. But today, it is suggesting ADULT podcasts ...
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution Android app is horrible compared to IOS

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePixel 3Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSo usually I wouldn't really care about stuff like this but it's starting to get really frustrating. Most of my problems with the app right now would be solved if the Andro...

• Casual Listener
  • ...hy can't I have immediate access to this music all the time? Better yet, why not give premium users a tab at the bottom where we can tap and have all of our downloaded content right there? Where IOS vs....
  • ankinker
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 8 likes

"This is:" Playlists

So I spend a lot of time in Spotify listening "This is" playlists. For those who don't know, often times when you go to the search bar, once you type in the artist's name a playlist will show up called This is Justin Bieber. I have been listening to ...

• So I spend a lot of time in Spotify listening "This is" playlists. For those who don't know, often times when you go to the search bar, once you type in the artist's name a playlist will show up call...
  • Jayhicks30
  • Casual Listener
  • 18 replies
  • 21 likes
  • Playlists
  • 18 replies
  • 21 likes

No ads anywhere

As a Premium customer I pay to not get any ads, ever. Suddenly I keep hearing ads in podcasts, which is a user-hostile bait and switch tactic. I know the argument is that podcasts are some kind of extra service outside of the music streaming, but the...

• Visitor
  • As a Premium customer I pay to not get any ads, ever. Suddenly I keep hearing ads in podcasts, which is a user-hostile bait and switch tactic. I know the argument is that podcasts are some kind of ex...
  • Spot1FiIsBroken
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! We need more Prince!

I would say we need a lot more Prince on Spotify! I mean only one song from him...ahah

• Community Legend
  • I would say we need a lot more Prince on Spotify! I mean only one song from him...ahah
  • dgrundy
  • Music Fan
  • 16 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Prince
  • 16 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution John Mayer - Top Tracks | Bad Link

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceN/AOperating SystemN/A My Question or IssueLink in playlist description is labeled johnmayer.com but points to johmayer.comhttps://open.spotify.com/playlist/4YYOnVhrLA4QLJsk4HbIxl?si=67e96874d440495f

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States   Device N/A Operating System N/A   My Question or Issue Link in playlist description is labeled johnmayer.com but points to johmayer.com ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Official spotify classical world playlists gone

My Question or IssueSo I've enjoyed the playlist Classical world: Sweden for many years, and now suddenly it's gone. It's from the official spotify account, which makes it even more weird. Other playlists in the same Classical World umbrella are stil...

• My Question or Issue So I've enjoyed the playlist Classical world: Sweden for many years, and now suddenly it's gone. It's from the official spotify account, which makes it even more weird. Other pl...
  • jubox001
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Desktop][Browse] show all editions of albums

please show all editions of albums. I do NOT always want the 'deluxe' version of an album with a bunch of demos and other nonsense when I just want to listen to the original album!!Another reason to reconsider Tidal.

• Regular
  • please show all editions of albums.   I do NOT always want the 'deluxe' version of an album with a bunch of demos and other nonsense when I just want to listen to the original album!! An...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Browse
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution 1 star podcast still top suggestion

I have rated a particular podcast as 1 star because...I actively dislike it. Yet, it still shows up as the number 1 "Shows you might like". Please correct this issue.

• Casual Listener
  • I have rated a particular podcast as 1 star because...I actively dislike it. Yet, it still shows up as the number 1 "Shows you might like". Please correct this issue. 
  • OscarDC
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lack of American Head Charge albums.

Greetings,There are some American Head Charge albums missing (Trepanation and The Feeding) it would be very cool if those albums are on Spotify (at least in Latin America those albums are not there), I hope you can add them.Thank you very much.

• Casual Listener
  • Greetings, There are some American Head Charge albums missing (Trepanation and The Feeding) it would be very cool if those albums are on Spotify (at least in Latin America those albums are not there...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • App & Features
    Music Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Music above everything else - Please focus on the real artists

PlanFamily PremiumCountryPTDeviceMultiple devicesOperating SystemMultiple OS My Question or IssueMy family and I use Spotify to listen to music. That's our aim - that's what we pay you for. You are now favoring podcasts over real artists (such as Nei...

• Plan Family Premium Country PT Device Multiple devices Operating System Multiple OS   My Question or Issue My family and I use Spotify to listen to music. That's our aim - that's what ...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Very long term user cancelling

I have had a subscription for 10+ years. I am now cancelling because Spotify would rather be a mouthpiece for idiots than an actual music service. There is a service that will transfer your Playlists from Spotify. It worked for me going from Spotify ...

• I have had a subscription for 10+ years. I am now cancelling because Spotify would rather be a mouthpiece for idiots than an actual music service.   There is a service that will transfer your ...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Cancelling
    Cancelling membership
    transfer playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[Podcasts] Stop babying/policing your users about Covid-19

The vast majority of us using Spotify are adults and can handle adult conversations. We can make informed decisions for ourselves and don't need statist propaganda shoved down our throats. Thanks.

• Visitor
  • The vast majority of us using Spotify are adults and can handle adult conversations. We can make informed decisions for ourselves and don't need statist propaganda shoved down our throats. Thanks.
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Album greyed out.

Men Without HatsAlbum: Love In The Age Of WarUse to be available for years but now its greyed out. Why is it now greyed out and when will it become available again. All their other albums are available.

• Men Without Hats Album: Love In The Age Of War Use to be available for years but now its greyed out. Why is it now greyed out and when will it become available again. All their other albums are ava...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Podcast removal

Why was the podcast "The Americans" by Chelsea Spieker/Media Pioneer (from Germany in English) removed?

• Why was the podcast "The Americans" by Chelsea Spieker/Media Pioneer (from Germany in English) removed?
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Podcast Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Private Sessions to be excluded from Spotify Wrapped

I think that songs and podcasts listened to during a private session should be excluded from Spotify wrapped. This would be mean parents could play children's tunes on private without worrying that Kiddie Bops won't be their top genre, or that Let It...

• I think that songs and podcasts listened to during a private session should be excluded from Spotify wrapped. This would be mean parents could play children's tunes on private without worrying that K...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Why has Chris Corners songs suddenly disappeared?

I had a playlist with the songs of the movie Sky Fighters (original title Les Chevaliers du Ciel) and now suddently almost all songs from the main composer are gone. Only one, who has its name speld incorrectly is still there. What happen?

• Regular
  • I had a playlist with the songs of the movie Sky Fighters (original title Les Chevaliers du Ciel) and now suddently almost all songs from the main composer are gone.   Only one, who has its na...
  • gus69
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Niche query: Medicine Head

Not really sure where else to go with this. Customer Services is a dead end.https://open.spotify.com/album/5sodalyObGn3QidmPAOkTx?si=XBylQDz-RPiDnEXqLbthRw.Commercially available as a 17 track compilation but only tracks 1-10 are on Spotify. The rema...

• Casual Listener
  • Not really sure where else to go with this. Customer Services is a dead end. https://open.spotify.com/album/5sodalyObGn3QidmPAOkTx?si=XBylQDz-RPiDnEXqLbthRw. Commercially available as a 17 track co...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Social & Random
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution CANNOT WATCH ANY EPISODES OF THE JOE ROGAN EXPERIENCE ON TV APP

PlanFreeCountryUKDeviceTVOperating SystemSky package My Question or IssueI live in the UK and I use Spotify on my TV with a Sky package, pre-installed Spotify app. Every single available Spotify podcast works, except for The Joe Rogan Experience. I c...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country UK Device TV Operating System Sky package   My Question or Issue I live in the UK and I use Spotify on my TV with a Sky package, pre-installed Spotify app. Every sing...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes