Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Spotify won't shuffle songs added by others in our collaborative playlist

I started a collaborative playlist to end the constant fist fights over who gets to 'dj' at the office. Two of my colleagues can see this collaborative playlist, and they've succesfully added songs to it. So far so good. However, when I play this pla...

• Casual Listener
  • I started a collaborative playlist to end the constant fist fights over who gets to 'dj' at the office. Two of my colleagues can see this collaborative playlist, and they've succesfully added songs t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify will not install on Mac OS 10.11.6

I have the latest version of Mac OS X software El Capitan 10.11.6. When I download the Spotify app and install it, it says that it is a Power PC program and is not supported on my Intel based iMac. What's the deal? This really shouldn't be happening ...

• I have the latest version of Mac OS X software El Capitan 10.11.6. When I download the Spotify app and install it, it says that it is a Power PC program and is not supported on my Intel based iM...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Playlist Image Rotates 90 degrees

Every time I attempt to add a picture cover to one of my playlists, the image rotates 90 degrees and I cannot seem to fix it. I used to be able to trick this issue by rotating the original image so this glitch would restore it to its upright position...

• Every time I attempt to add a picture cover to one of my playlists, the image rotates 90 degrees and I cannot seem to fix it. I used to be able to trick this issue by rotating the original image so t...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Try doing better

I'm typing this on a $2500 MacBook Pro I purchased 9 years ago. It's in like new condition. I've updated to a SSD 2 years ago. Apple doesn't appreciate customers like myself, and won't offer an OSX update that functions other than 10.7.5. The only th...

• I'm typing this on a $2500 MacBook Pro I purchased 9 years ago. It's in like new condition. I've updated to a SSD 2 years ago. Apple doesn't appreciate customers like myself, and won't offer an OSX u...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • awful
    osx
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify freezes when I try to login on my Macbook

I accidentally logged out of my Spotify Premium account from my Macbook about a week ago. When I try to log in again it now freezes. I type my email and then my password and hit log in and then the boxes fade and nothing happens. As if it is stuck in...

• I accidentally logged out of my Spotify Premium account from my Macbook about a week ago.  When I try to log in again it now freezes. I type my email and then my password and hit log in and the...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

School blocked spotify, but i accidentally clicked download. Now i cant play the song

School blocked spotify, but i accidentally clicked download. then afterwards i tried to download the song with 4g, but it keeps on downloading and doesnt download. WHen i try to play it, it says 'cant play the song'. Howeverm on my phone, the same so...

• School blocked spotify, but i accidentally clicked download. then afterwards i tried to download the song with 4g, but it keeps on downloading and doesnt download. WHen i try to play it, it says...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Add a source (album bought from Itunes) not working - Mac OXS

Hi Community An album is not available in France, so I wanted to add it as a source - local file - and I bought the album via Itunes.I don't get why I can't now add it, it's grey. (I converted the file .mpa to .mp3 but it is not working).What can I d...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Community 🙂   An album is not available in France, so I wanted to add it as a source - local file - and I bought the album via Itunes. I don't get why I can't now add it, it's grey. (I co...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends I follow not appearing all of a sudden

I didn't see any other topics about this, so here goes.... The people I follow have always been listed in the upper right corner, when using the Mac desktop app. Today, they suddenly disappeared and it's replaced by what says "See what your friends a...

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 8.00.02 PM.png
  • I didn't see any other topics about this, so here goes....   The people I follow have always been listed in the upper right corner, when using the Mac desktop app.  Today, they suddenly d...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist images not updating

Hey!! Every time I seem to make a playlist or change the images the playlist images never update!! This is so annoying as I like to change them frequently but they never change from the old photos, what can I do to make them update??? Thanks heaps

• Hey!! Every time I seem to make a playlist or change the images the playlist images never update!! This is so annoying as I like to change them frequently but they never change from the old photos, w...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Lost my playlists

Hi all, I lost all my playlists. And I can not find the option recover playlist as suggested by Spotify. Can anayone help me. Srange thing is al my album are stil there same goes with the songs. Thanks Marcel

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I lost all my playlists. And I can not find the option recover playlist as suggested by Spotify.   Can anayone help me. Srange thing is al my album are stil there same goes wi...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't scroll on Mac

I've seen a simliar topic to this but there was no solution present. I cant slowly scroll down like I used to be able to do and the space bar is rarely present (???) I can only scroll when Im in the left coloumn while choosing a playlist but never wh...

• I've seen a simliar topic to this but there was no solution present. I cant slowly scroll down like I used to be able to do and the space bar is rarely present (???) I can only scroll when Im in the ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[All platforms] Discover weekly plus and heart button

Two separate buttons for liking a song. I dont event know how these two are different. I click the plus, I get the song to my songs. I click the heart, the same exact thing happens. Whats the deal here please? I guess these two buttons lower the UX f...

• Two separate buttons for liking a song. I dont event know how these two are different. I click the plus, I get the song to my songs. I click the heart, the same exact thing happens. Whats the deal he...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding Spotify to the High Sierra Mac Notification Center

I have found a way to add Spotify to the High Sierra Mac Notification Center without the use of any 3rd party apps or mods. Open the Notification Center on your Mac (top right of the screen)Click on Edit (down the bottom)Drag "Now Playing" to the not...

• Visitor
  • I have found a way to add Spotify to the High Sierra Mac Notification Center without the use of any 3rd party apps or mods.   Open the Notification Center on your Mac (top right of the screen...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 11 likes

Playlist not visible for friend

Hi you all,I am pretty confused. Friends of mine, who are connected to me on Spotify, can see ALL my playlists except ONE. I cannot see, what I have done differently!(?) The playlist is marked in the same way as all the others -- It´s public, but can...

• ...he same way as all the others -- It´s public, but cannot be viewed. Have you got any suggestions? I am very looking forward to your reply! Best regards, Marc
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple languages - showing description in French and Finnish

My Spotify is set to English, and I am from Denmark. In the "charts" tab the Global top 50 description is in French. The Denmark top 50 and Denmark Viral 50 is in English (as they should). After that the Global top 50 shows up, and that one is in Fin...

• My Spotify is set to English, and I am from Denmark.   In the "charts" tab the Global top 50 description is in French. The Denmark top 50 and Denmark Viral 50 is in English (as they should). A...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

delete playlist

Hi, I deleted my playlist but it still shows up on my account profile. I made it secret but it is still there

• Hi,  I deleted my playlist but it still shows up on my account profile. I made it secret but it is still there
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync local files to Macbook spotify client

Hi,I have 4 devices connected to my spotify account. A Desktop PC, a Macbook, an iPhone and an iPad. I store all my local files in the PC, and the sync works perfectly with the mobile devices; however it doesn't work with the Macbook. I followed all ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have 4 devices connected to my spotify account. A Desktop PC, a Macbook, an iPhone and an iPad. I store all my local files in the PC, and the sync works perfectly with the mobile devices; howe...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[BUG][Desktop Mac][iOS] Weird song syncing issue when playing through Denon sound system

Hello Spotify, I have a weird bug that cropped up when I was initially playing music with my iOS device initally through the sound system, then switched over to my Mac to control while doing some work. Youtube video outlining the bug in a visual sens...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify,    I have a weird bug that cropped up when I was initially playing music with my iOS device initally through the sound system, then switched over to my Mac to control while...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't delete spotify local files

Hi, I am having trouble deleting my spotify local files. Some are available but some are greyed out and I just want to start importing from fresh again. I have followed the following guides already:https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/How...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am having trouble deleting my spotify local files. Some are available but some are greyed out and I just want to start importing from fresh again.   I have followed the followin...
  • ThomasPegler
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to add songs to other playlists

Hi, I am trying to drag and drop songs from one playlist (e.g. my Discover Weekly) to add to another, and I am now unable to do it. When I drag the song over another playlist, it used to highlight over the new playlist, and then I could release the m...

• Roadie
  • Hi, I am trying to drag and drop songs from one playlist (e.g. my Discover Weekly) to add to another, and I am now unable to do it. When I drag the song over another playlist, it used to highlight ov...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes