Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!! Spotify app doesn't open on MacBook Pro

I am trying to install the app on my MacBook Pro to manage my artist account but doesn't work. Tried to reinstall but still not.That's what happens when I open And stays that way endlessly. If I try to close, it freezes and I have to force close.

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to install the app on my MacBook Pro to manage my artist account but doesn't work. Tried to reinstall but still not. That's what happens when I open   And stays that way&nbsp...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps opening on startup even with settings turned off.

Hi, I'm having an issue where I change the settings so that "Open Spotify automatically when you log into the computer" is set to "no", but despite this, if I exit Spotify and restart the program, my settings default back to "yes". Consequently, I ca...

• Hi, I'm having an issue where I change the settings so that "Open Spotify automatically when you log into the computer" is set to "no", but despite this, if I exit Spotify and restart the program, my...
  • dearcam
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify won't open

My spotify wont open, its just thinking. It has been thinking for a couple of days now and wont stop. I don't know what to do about it... i have tried to delete spotify and reinstall it, but it is just doing it over again... i have a macbook air i re...

• My spotify wont open, its just thinking. It has been thinking for a couple of days now and wont stop. I don't know what to do about it... i have tried to delete spotify and reinstall it, but it is ju...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: Last.fm connection disconnected

Hi, it has happened several times over the years that the Last.fm connection has been disconnected. Has happened on Desktop (Win and Mac) and on Mobile (Iphone).

• Visitor
  • Hi,   it has happened several times over the years that the Last.fm connection has been disconnected.   Has happened on Desktop (Win and Mac) and on Mobile (Iphone).
  • nodmusik
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Unable to scrub through a track using touch bar (macOS High Sierra)

I'm using a MacBook Pro (2016 with touch-bar) running macOS High Sierra (10.13.3). With spotify running in the background, I'm able to see an icon for opening Spotify options (screenshot 1) - but it vanishes sometimes and I have no idea on how to get...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using a MacBook Pro (2016 with touch-bar) running macOS High Sierra (10.13.3). With spotify running in the background, I'm able to see an icon for opening Spotify options (screenshot 1) - but it ...
  • gmarwaha
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Search for songs once you are on an artist page

Once you are on the artist page, is it possible to filter all the songs (independet of the album) to find the song you want. Like a searchwindow where you can enter names, but because you are already on the artist page, it's sure that there will be o...

• Casual Listener
  • Once you are on the artist page, is it possible to filter all the songs (independet of the album) to find the song you want. Like a searchwindow where you can enter names, but because you are already...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • artist page
    Search
    songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Random albums/songs not playing

I've been having an issue for the past six months where seemingly random albums and songs will not play on Spotify desktop. It is quite frustrating to click a song/album that is not greyed out and have it not play. I get the error message 'This song ...

• I've been having an issue for the past six months where seemingly random albums and songs will not play on Spotify desktop. It is quite frustrating to click a song/album that is not greyed out and ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music not playing on my Mac

hi, if anyone could help. About a week ago my mac was playing music perfectly but then it just stopped playing. It looks like its playing becuase the bar along the bottom moves and the time changes but i just can't hear anything. I have no problem wi...

• hi, if anyone could help. About a week ago my mac was playing music perfectly but then it just stopped playing. It looks like its playing becuase the bar along the bottom moves and the time changes b...
  • ThatFunSize
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Pasting song links in playlist no longer works (Are you kidding me?!)

We already know about the scandalous lack of a sorting option in the Spotify app. But I had a work around for this, which was to sort the songs in the Spotify app for OS X, cut them all out with CMD+X and then paste them again with CMD+V. In the late...

• Casual Listener
  • We already know about the scandalous lack of a sorting option in the Spotify app. But I had a work around for this, which was to sort the songs in the Spotify app for OS X, cut them all out with CMD+...
  • bkstober
  • Regular
  • 25 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Mac
  • 25 replies
  • 5 likes

Can't share a song with other Spotify users?!

wth. I can share a song via every social media app in existance but I can't send a track directly to my Spotify friends. This seems like a fundamental feature expected with any social app. Why even allow us to have friends on Spotify if we can't **bl...

• Casual Listener
  • wth. I can share a song via every social media app in existance but I can't send a track directly to my Spotify friends. This seems like a fundamental feature expected with any social ...
  • sarcasticprick
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can free users add to a collab playlist?

Me and some friends are putting together a playlist, however, a friend of mine without premium isn't able to add any songs. Is there a work around to this?

• Me and some friends are putting together a playlist, however, a friend of mine without premium isn't able to add any songs.  Is there a work around to this?
  • EthanS1
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

My Music -> Albums: No option to set offline

Hi there, As this feature exists in the ios app, I figured it was some type of bug causing it not to work on the desktop app. Then I saw a "Solved" post from April, saying the feature was coming soon. Well. It's October. It's not "Solved." Not all of...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   As this feature exists in the ios app, I figured it was some type of bug causing it not to work on the desktop app. Then I saw a "Solved" post from April, saying the feature...
  • ahespe
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Two different account but one computer

Hi, I wan't to know if it's possiblie to send song from two different account to one Mac app ... I have a premium account and my girlfirend has another one. I have a mac plug on speaker and my spotify account on it ... Will my girlfriends be able to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  I wan't to know if it's possiblie to send song from two different account to one Mac app ...   I have a premium account and my girlfirend has another one. I have a mac plug on speak...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unavailable song when playing remote

Hello! When controlling my macbook via spotify connect with my iphone, it regularly happens that a song is unavailable. I don’t understand why. I had that for example with « Are you passionate? » by Neil Young. Back on my iphone, it worked perfectly....

• Hello!   When controlling my macbook via spotify connect with my iphone, it regularly happens that a song is unavailable. I don’t understand why. I had that for example with « Are you passiona...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

constantly freezes

freezes constantly. can't browse without it freezing. just turns black with the loading image. i click on an artist and it freezes midway. click on one of my playlists and it freezes. click play on a song and it freezes and won't play the song. somet...

• Visitor
  • freezes constantly. can't browse without it freezing. just turns black with the loading image. i click on an artist and it freezes midway. click on one of my playlists and it freezes. click play on a...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    freezes
    Freezing
    Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Is there a way to solve?

I would like to select multiple songs to put them in a playlist on Spotify. It is about 300 tracks. It's a hard job to do it manually and I was wondering if you could do something alternative to simplify the process.I await a reply,Thank you.

• I would like to select multiple songs to put them in a playlist on Spotify. It is about 300 tracks. It's a hard job to do it manually and I was wondering if you could do something alternative to simp...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Macbook Pro & Bluetooth

The Spotify app for Mac seems to take over bluetooth and do a few weird things. If I am playing music through Spotify with my Bose QC35's and I have some other audio source coming from the computer (anything at all, an ad, notification, you tube vide...

• The Spotify app for Mac seems to take over bluetooth and do a few weird things.   If I am playing music through Spotify with my Bose QC35's and I have some other audio source coming from the c...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Only plays 2 songs

Since some days my spotify premium only plays two songs and then stops.After the first song it will play the second song in line while the information bar at the bottom still shows the first song it played, after that song is done it stops playing al...

• Regular
  • Since some days my spotify premium only plays two songs and then stops. After the first song it will play the second song in line while the information bar at the bottom still sh...
  • rbmunneke
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution wont search for new music

Spotify wont let me search for music on my macbook air, it is only searching for my own playlists.. when I search for an artist or a song, spotify displays the message "your search did not match anything in our catalouge. Please ensure all words are ...

• Spotify wont let me search for music on my macbook air, it is only searching for my own playlists.. when I search for an artist or a song, spotify displays the message "your search did not match anyt...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes