Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Other] Lyrics desktop presentation

The lyrics on the mobile is great, can we replicate the behavior on the desktop?The things that bother me in the desktop are:- Unsynced songs lyrics;- The horizontal position of the line changing; ## Unsynced songs lyrics; In the first "problem" we c...

• Casual Listener
  • The lyrics on the mobile is great, can we replicate the behavior on the desktop? The things that bother me in the desktop are: - Unsynced songs lyrics; - The horizontal position of the line ch...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution I do not want to connect to facebook

I do not want to log in with facebook, but there is literally no way to close this tab. How do I get rid of this banner?

• Visitor
  • I do not want to log in with facebook, but there is literally no way to close this tab. How do I get rid of this banner?
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Public playlists page shows private playlists

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, This relates to the desktop app on Windows. Several of the playlists listed on my Public Profile page are private and should not be listed. As you can see from the image be...

dsparkplug_1-1627210631837.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi,   This relates to the desktop app on Windows. Several of the playlists listed on my  Public...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows desktop Spotify and IOS don't show my Zeppelin Air

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone 6s)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or Issue I have just tried to use Spotify on my Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air but neither my iPhone 6s nor my Windows Spotify will show the Zeppelin Air to allow me to send ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone 6s) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue  I have just tried to use Spotify on my Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air but n...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify for Windows 10
    Zeppelin Air
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Developer] Memory leak and soft-crash of the new desktop app

Below I have documented some steps to reliably reproduce a memory leak and soft-crash of the new desktop app. The Issue does not appear on the old version of the app (1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de) when running the old UI via the ui.experience_override="class...

• Regular
  • Below I have documented some steps to reliably reproduce a memory leak and soft-crash of the new desktop app.   The Issue does not appear on the old version of the app (1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de) w...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Desktop
    Developer
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify windows 10 app not working

PlanPremiumCountryNew ZealandOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify on Windows 10 won't play any music at all. It comes up with a message saying "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country New Zealand Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify on Windows 10 won't play any music at all.  It comes up with a message saying "Spotify ca...
  • ljuch
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution i don´t have the option Show my recently played artists

PlanFreeCountryargentinaDevice Samsung Galaxy 9Operating System Windows 10 in the app i don´t have the option Show my recently played artists

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country argentina Device  Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System  Windows 10   in the app i don´t have the option Show my recently played artists  
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Album and track info from different artists

PlanFreeCountryUkraineDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10Sportify version (for desktop):1.1.63.568.gda8cb5ac-a My Question or IssueI've sent my brother two songs:https://open.spotify.com/album/1Gpzu0p68TcaXB8TIe5CDbhttps://open.spotify.com/track/0yhss...

• Plan Free Country Ukraine Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Sportify version (for desktop): 1.1.63.568.gda8cb5ac-a   My Question or Issue I've sent my brother two songs: https:/...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New desktop UI, how do I change it back to the old?

Plan Premium Country US Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I signed out of all accounts and came back to my desktop app looking like the Web Player Version, when right before it was the old interface. I can't stand this new interface an...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country US  Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue  I signed out of all accounts and came back to my desktop app looking like the Web Player Versi...
  • tjoynt
  • 28 replies
  • 71 likes
  • Desktop
    Windows
    Windows 10
  • 28 replies
  • 71 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution switching to the home page automatically 3 times a day

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhy is the program switching to the home page automatically 3 times a day? This is something that changed with the last update. This is so annoying, I can be in the middle of...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Why is the program switching to the home page automatically 3 times a day? This is something that ...
  • Julian
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I need recently played artists back, It's been removed since the UI update.

Since it's been removed I have to scroll my entire library to find a particular artist I listened recently.

• Since it's been removed I have to scroll my entire library to find a particular artist I listened recently.
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop app constantly crashing

Plan: PremiumCountry: Philippines DeviceDesktop | Windows PCAMD Ryzen 3700x | 32gb RAM | ROG Strix B550-AOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro (20H2 Build 19042.928) My Question or IssueDesktop app is constantly crashing after playing something for 5 minute...

• Plan: Premium Country: Philippines   Device Desktop | Windows PC AMD Ryzen 3700x | 32gb RAM | ROG Strix B550-A Operating System Windows 10 Pro (20H2 Build 19042.928)   My Questio...
  • borkizorki
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify client keeps losing connection

PlanPremiumDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 So, my PC client keeps losing connection even though everything's fine with the connectivity. It usually happens after about 1 hour of running (I always keep it on in the background, playing or not). Shut...

• Plan Premium Device PC Operating System Windows 10   So, my PC client keeps losing connection even though everything's fine with the connectivity. It usually happens after about 1 hour of...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution the music does not play, stuck at 0:00

I am not the only one with this error. https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/onpao9/every_song_stuck_at_000_and_not_working/https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/onylsl/songs_stuck_at_000_on_pc/So it's been over 20 hours and still no fix - fo...

• Music Fan
  • I am not the only one with this error.   https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/onpao9/every_song_stuck_at_000_and_not_working/ https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/onylsl/songs_s...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify Desktop app resizes window

I've noticed recently that when I minimise Spotify to the task bar, after opening it up again, it forgets that resized the app and resets it to the original size. This forces me to have to resize the window each time I minimise it. This is quite frus...

• Casual Listener
  • I've noticed recently that when I minimise Spotify to the task bar, after opening it up again, it forgets that resized the app and resets it to the original size.  This forces me to have to resi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Podcasts] Make offline listening of podcasts run smoother

Sometimes I will save podcasts onto my laptop so I can listen to them while not being connected to WiFi, but I have not been able to start any podcast while in offline mode. I can start listening to my podcasts in online mode then switch to offline a...

• Visitor
  • Sometimes I will save podcasts onto my laptop so I can listen to them while not being connected to WiFi, but I have not been able to start any podcast while in offline mode. I can start listening to ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] bring back the 'sort playlist by recently added' option

please, please please bring back the 'sort playlist by recently added' option.Or have the custom sort playlist option, show recently added songs at the "top" of the playlist page!Otherwise, trying to find a song that was recently added to a playlist ...

• please, please please bring back the 'sort playlist by recently added' option. Or have the custom sort playlist option, show recently added songs at the "top" of the playlist page! Otherwise, tryin...
  • Novy
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Desktop
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

I DON´T want to connect PC and Mobile

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone 8 and PC How can I do, if I start a Playlist in my mobile, that my PC stays with the music that I´m playing?I just want to here different things in my car and in my office PC.Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Device iPhone 8 and PC   How can I do, if I start a Playlist in my mobile, that my PC stays with the music that I´m playing? I just want to here different things in my...
  • Vorax81
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

removal of friends view and "connect device"

so im starting to get sick of the desktop spotify playing music on my phone. while this feature is turned off AND my phone is not using wifi. is there a way to ACTUALLY disable this? is there a way to remove the friends activity side window? it just ...

• Casual Listener
  • so im starting to get sick of the desktop spotify playing music on my phone. while this feature is turned off AND my phone is not using wifi. is there a way to ACTUALLY disable this?   is ther...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Auth:15 and Something went wrong

Upon logging into windows on desktop, I'm met with the auth15 error, saying to check my firewall/disable it or checking a different proxy. I've disabled my firewall and also checked Spotify to be allowed through the firewall, neither worked. Upon goi...

• Visitor
  • Upon logging into windows on desktop, I'm met with the auth15 error, saying to check my firewall/disable it or checking a different proxy. I've disabled my firewall and also checked Spotify to be all...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes