Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

I just decided to use Spotify premium and my edit details tab is missing on my Desktop, help...

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone 11, Acer Aspire 5)Operating System(iOS 13, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone 11, Acer Aspire 5) Operating System (iOS 13, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop account not working properly!

Hi, I would really like an answer please from a human... I have a Premium account with 1 extra person as a member, when I use my main login I get a watered down version that does not include.. Discovered on Fans Also Like More info links Play Counts ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    I would really like an answer please from a human... I have a Premium account with 1 extra person as a member, when I use my main login I get a watered down version that does not i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Links to other playlists in describtion field

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountrySlovakiaDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating SystemWindows 10) My Question or I...

• Roadie
  •   None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country Slovakia Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galax...
  • Noguri
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop Spotify STOPPED WORKING on Windows 7 ???

PlanPremium CountryBrazil DeviceDesktop Windows Operating SystemWindows 7 So, a couple days ago my Spotify stopped playing tracks. I'll press play and the whole software will basically freeze. When I open the Task Manager, I see four or five instance...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country Brazil   Device Desktop Windows   Operating System Windows 7   So, a couple days ago my Spotify stopped playing tracks. I'll press play and the ...
  • SoundMan
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Desktop Windows
    freeze
    Windows 7
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify won't work on desktop

I had Spotify Premium installed and working fine on my desktop computeruntil last Thursday when it crashed. I took the machine into my usual tech and he fixed it *but* Spotify isn't working now. It said the path wasn't valid. So after a bit of diffic...

• I had Spotify Premium installed and working fine on my desktop computeruntil last Thursday when it crashed. I took the machine into my usual tech and he fixed it *but* Spotify isn't working now. It s...
  • Fr3liuw_
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Offline" Unless Connected to VPN

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI connected to the US via VPN for privacy reasons, but I am from the US and my account is linked to the US. I have never signed in from another country, VPN or not....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I connected to the US via VPN for privacy reasons, but I am from the US and my account i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 Widget to Allow Adding Current Played Song to Playlist

When I use Spotify on a Windows machine, the two actions I use heavily are:1. FF, Pause, Play, Go back 12. Add track to playlist.Since I usually have 3394723 windows open, I don't want to constantly call upon the minimized app to appear top-most and ...

• Roadie
  • When I use Spotify on a Windows machine, the two actions I use heavily are: 1. FF, Pause, Play, Go back 1 2. Add track to playlist. Since I usually have 3394723 windows open, I don't want to c...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Widget
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

How do I disable auto-update on desktop?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHow do I disable auto-update on desktop? I've been seeing the A/B testing update they're rolling out and if I get it, I'm going to quit using Spotify and switch to another se...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue How do I disable auto-update on desktop? I've been seeing the A/B testing update they're rolling o...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Not showing anything on the spotify

PlanPremiumCountryHong Kong DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy Spotify doesn't show anything when I open it.

image.png
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Hong Kong  Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My Spotify doesn't show anything when I open it. 
  • qwertj
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CHANGE MY REGISTERED EMAIL ADDRESS!!!!!!!

I have been seeking help on this previously and have tried all the recommended solutions. I am being pushed ever closer to dumping Spotify. Too many problems and it's just not worth it. I really don't want to, but I am just so p***ed off. God forbid ...

• Roadie
  • I have been seeking help on this previously and have tried all the recommended solutions. I am being pushed ever closer to dumping Spotify. Too many problems and it's just not worth it. I really don'...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Profile not showing up in search

PlanFree/PremiumCountry U.S. DeviceGalaxyOperating SystemAll devices My Question or IssueI usually navigate to my sister's profile on Spotify via the search bar by typing in her name as it's faster than going through 3 different menus to find it. Tod...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country U.S.   Device Galaxy Operating System All devices   My Question or Issue I usually navigate to my sister's profile on Spotify via the search bar by typ...
  • WhatGoodIsMusic
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music Recommendation

Hello , I 'd like to know , does my playlist songs get recommended to my friends ? and if yes , if I make my playlist secret will songs from it still get recommended to my friends ? (there are some bands wich have no more than 500 listeners and after...

• Visitor
  • Hello , I 'd like to know , does my playlist songs get recommended to my friends ?  and if yes , if I make my playlist secret will songs from it still get recommended to my friends ? &nbsp...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't edit anything on spotify windows

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicelaptopOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueOn the desktop app I can't edit anything. I can't edit my profile pic, name, playlist cover, or absolutely anything. I have restarted my laptop and reinstalled the...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device laptop Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue On the desktop app I can't edit anything. I can't edit my profile pic, name, playl...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

May 2020 version not allowing multiple select tracks and other features are gone

PlanFree/PremiumCountryMexicoDeviceHP laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueStarting Monday May 11 2020 and new version updated it is missing1) multiple select of tracks to eaither add to or delete from a playlist2) if I add a repeated...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Mexico Device HP laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Starting Monday May 11 2020 and new version updated it is missing 1) multiple sele...
  • EthanS1
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify isn't working whereas live player works fine

PlanFreeCountryFranceDeviceAcer Aspire 5 A515-51-56VNOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueFor about a month, Spotify isn't working on my Windows 10 laptop.Playlists are all empty, songs dont play at all, like if there was any music on Spotif...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country France Device Acer Aspire 5 A515-51-56VN Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue For about a month, Spotify isn't working on my Windows 10 laptop. Playlists are a...
  • StevenMar
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't delete playlists on Windows desktop app

Hi, I would like to point out the following bug in the Windows desktop app. PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceDell Latitude 5580Operating SystemWindows 10 Enterprise My Question or IssueI just noticed playlists cannot be deleted in the Windows desktop a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I would like to point out the following bug in the Windows desktop app.   Plan Premium Country Belgium Device Dell Latitude 5580 Operating System Windows 10 Enterprise &nb...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Delete Playlist
    Desktop
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Black interface after login with facebook

PlanPremiumCountryTaiwanDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, my Spotify shows a very strange way after login like this.Any suggestments? please, this really bothers me.

擷取.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Taiwan Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, my Spotify shows a very strange way after login like this. Any suggestments? plea...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

⚡ Adding to "Now Playing" ⚡

Plan: PremiumCountry: UKDevice: Surface / AndroidOperating System: (Windows 10) Please can anyone answer me this?When I choose a play list and right click, Add to Queue, the list content is added immediately to the Next in Queue section rather than t...

Untitled.jpg
  • Plan: Premium Country: UK Device: Surface / Android Operating System: (Windows 10)   Please can anyone answer me this? When I choose a play list and right click, Add to...
  • JohnRaggio
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • next up
    Now playing
    Play queue
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

PlanPremiumCountryswedenDevicedesktop Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." When i try to play a song "Spotify can't play this right now. If you ha...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country sweden Device desktop  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can im...
  • Easily_Thrilled
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution No Setting for Local Files

The instructions for connecting/syncing local files seem super simple, but on my wife's Windows 10 desktop "Local Files" doesn't even show up in the Settings menu (see pics). I created our family account and if I go to the desktop app on my Windows 1...

• The instructions for connecting/syncing local files seem super simple, but on my wife's Windows 10 desktop "Local Files" doesn't even show up in the Settings menu (see pics). I created our family acc...
  • gamehulk51
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes