Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution I CAN'T CHANGE MY PLAYLIST COVER!!!

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI can't change my spotify playlist cover. this update is very bad. I deleted and installed, but it has not been improved. I want to use the old version.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can't change my spotify playlist cover. this update is very bad. I deleted and installed, but...
  • Celine_0wl
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't change the cover of my playlist

I have spotify premium and I am having problem to change the cover of ALL my playlists. I'm using the app of Spotify on my notebook (Dell/Microsoft) and I still can't change.Anyone can help me?

problem spotify.png
  • Visitor
  • I have spotify premium and I am having problem to change the cover of ALL my playlists. I'm using the app of Spotify on my notebook (Dell/Microsoft) and I still can't change. Anyone can help me? &n...
  • Celine_0wl
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Help When i search it says not working And the mini player wont work!

The mini player wont work and i cant search!! i restarted my device, logged out and back in, Cleared my cache and still wont work, And also how do i stop spotify from hiding certain album's that a band makes and u have to search specifically for them...

• Regular
  • The mini player wont work and i cant search!! i restarted my device, logged out and back in, Cleared my cache and still wont work, And also how do i stop spotify from hiding certain album's that a ba...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop] Recently Played on Home screen only shows artists I've listened to from web

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicePC LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor a while now the Recently Played section on the home screen in the Desktop app only shows artists that I've listened to by following links online. For example, som...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device PC Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue For a while now the Recently Played section on the home screen in the Desktop app...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Desktop
    Recently Played
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Liked Songs Are Missing

PlanFreeCountryUSADevice(Some kind of Lenovo laptop, pretty old.)Operating System(Windows) My Question or IssueI haven't been on Spotify in maybe a week, but I came back today and most of my songs under "liked songs" are missing. I'm not sure when th...

•   Plan Free Country USA Device (Some kind of Lenovo laptop, pretty old.) Operating System (Windows)   My Question or Issue I haven't been on Spotify in maybe a week, but I came b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync between my Windows 10 app and my Android app dont work, no matter what I do

PlanPremiumCountrySouth AfricaDeviceWindows Desktop computer and Redmi Note 5 (Android 9)Operating SystemWindows 10 and Android 9 My Question or IssueThe tracks I have added to my "Liked Songs" on my Android phone is not syncing to my Windows 10 app....

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country South Africa Device Windows Desktop computer and Redmi Note 5 (Android 9) Operating System Windows 10 and Android 9   My Question or Issue The tracks I have added ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution cant change playlist cover

i cant change the playlist cover/name of playlistit doesn't come up with the edit pencil when i hover or click on the playlist cover nor does it come up with edit playlist when i click on the 3 dotsI've already looked at other threads with the same i...

• Casual Listener
  • i cant change the playlist cover/name of playlist it doesn't come up with the edit pencil when i hover or click on the playlist cover nor does it come up with edit playlist when i click on the 3 dot...
  • sstephanieorr
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

New account has a different layout

I created a new account for the sake of a username change, and the layout is completely different than my first account. The account on the bottom is the new one, and the one on top is the old account. Is there any way for me to have the layout of th...

Annotation 2020-06-02 094701.png Annotation 2020-06-02 094817.png
  • Visitor
  • I created a new account for the sake of a username change, and the layout is completely different than my first account. The account on the bottom is the new one, and the one on top is the old accoun...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Changing to Family Plan stopped account from working properly

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone X, PC)Operating System(iOS 13.5, Windows 10) My Question or IssueI created a new account for my family premium. When I did, on my new account, which is active, it doesn't give me the same options as my old account d...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone X, PC) Operating System (iOS 13.5, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I created a new account for my family premium. When I did, on my new accou...
  • h00tly
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't save a podcast to a playlist

When I right-click on the podcast I want to add to a playlist (or click on the three dots), it doesn't give me that option (only allows me to share on social media). How to solve this? I have premium, am in Germany, and am on a desktop (Windows 10)

• Casual Listener
  • When I right-click on the podcast I want to add to a playlist (or click on the three dots), it doesn't give me that option (only allows me to share on social media). How to solve this? I have premium...
  • berlinmill
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Windos 10 Spotify Download of web]No internet connection [error code:4]

PlanFreeCountryMXDeviceLaptop Acer E 15Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI never had this error, recently I updated Windows 10 to its 2004 version, when I finished the update when opening Spotify I got that error (No internet connection ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country MX Device Laptop Acer E 15 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I never had this error, recently I updated Windows 10 to its 2004 version, when I finish...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Automatically Adds Every Song I hear to one playlist

PlanFreeCountryNew Zealand DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo I made a playlist for lofi awhile back now and only recently I've had to start removing songs from it because I noticed a pile of songs from my other playlists in th...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country New Zealand   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So I made a playlist for lofi awhile back now and only recently I've had to st...
  • lotuxx
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot connect my account with facebook account

PlanPremium familyCountryNew ZealandDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have been through all of the instructions, but cannot get my account to connect with facebook.When I use the 'log in with facebook' option, I get the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium family Country New Zealand Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have been through all of the instructions, but cannot get my account to c...
  • Les4921
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists out of order

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI just logged out and logged back in to my account, and suddenly all my playlists are out of order and placed randomly in wrong folders. I have hundreds of playlists, so...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I just logged out and logged back in to my account, and suddenly all my playlists are out of ...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    order
    Playlists
    web ui
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Desktop Interface is glitched when first opening the app

Plan: Premium.Country: Australia.Device: PC.Operating System: Windows 10, but using desktop app, not the Windows 10 specific app.My question or Issue:I use a screen-reader, and have had accessibility issues with Spotify before, but this one is surely...

• Music Fan
  • Plan: Premium. Country: Australia. Device: PC. Operating System: Windows 10, but using desktop app, not the Windows 10 specific app. My question or Issue: I use a screen-reader, and have...
  • the_imaginatrix
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify window is too large

CountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen the spotify window is maximized, as in it fills out the entire screen, the X to close the windo about one pixel larger than the rest of the window and protrudes to the screen o...

• Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When the spotify window is maximized, as in it fills out the entire screen, the X to close the windo about on...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • minor
    Window
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked songs not working.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceLaptop, HP Pavilion.Operating SystemWindowsMy Question or IssueRight, let me begin, just want to clarify my liked songs on other devices are working fine, such as on my phone and on my iPad and on the website pla...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Laptop, HP Pavilion. Operating System Windows My Question or Issue Right, let me begin, just want to clarify my liked songs on other devices are wo...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Invisible profile and playlist

PlanFreeCountryItaly DeviceHP Pavilion NotebookOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello,I noticed that my spotify profile is invisible to other people and also all my playlist that are clearly public. In fact, if i search my username, the...

• Casual Listener
  • ...nd also all my playlist that are clearly public. In fact, if i search my username, the message is "no results found". I have logged in and out many times from my profile, but the situation is the same....
  • Anna1241
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue: Hello, im having problems to import local files for my playlists because some days ago the local files options simply disappeared from my Spotify, can't find it in ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue: Hello, im having problems to import local files for my playlists because some days ago the...
  • theopiron32
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Local files (problem solved)

I started this some time ago: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Local-Files/m-p/4955108#M86288 today an "update" option appeared so i updated and it is solved.

• Casual Listener
  • I started this some time ago: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Local-Files/m-p/4955108#M86288         today an "update" option appeared so i updated and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes