Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution SPOTIFY continually goes offline even though I have internet access

My Question or IssueSpotify continually glitches from online to offline, preventing me from using it. I have full ethernet access and a fully working pc. I have tried logging in and out, relaunching the app, reinstalling the app, and basically anythi...

• Music Fan
  • My Question or Issue Spotify continually glitches from online to offline, preventing me from using it. I have full ethernet access and a fully working pc. I have tried logging in and out, relaunchin...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Wrong key combination help if not in English

In the "burger" menu of the Spotify client (did not test Windows Store version), the key combination for the options are almost all of them "Command+Ctrl+$1", if the Spotify Desktop Client is not set in English.Here are some example in different lang...

Sin título.jpg Sin título2.jpg Sin título3.jpg Sin título4.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • In the "burger" menu of the Spotify client (did not test Windows Store version), the key combination for the options are almost all of them "Command+Ctrl+$1", if the Spotify Desktop Client is no...
  • raulblr
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • key combinations
    languages
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't download

PlanFamily PlanCountry Canada I have a Windows 7 My Question or Issue Whenever I try to download Spotify an error message shows up saying Spotify could not be started, error code 17. I have already tried the whole installation link and it still didn'...

• Plan Family Plan Country  Canada   I have a Windows 7   My Question or Issue  Whenever I try to download Spotify an error message shows up saying Spotify could not be...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Please return the "who is following my playlist" function

Please return the "who is following my playlist" function, we really miss it. I would love to see who follows my playlists. You had this function before, why is it not available anymore. Thank you Tereza

• Music Fan
  • Please return the "who is following my playlist" function, we really miss it. I would love to see who follows my playlists. You had this function before, why is it not available anymore. Thank you Te...
  • Tereza2
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify will change a song in the middle of playing to a completely different style.

Spotify will change a song in the middle of playing to a completely different style. I went from soft guitar to hip hop without touching controls.....

• Spotify will change a song in the middle of playing to a completely different style. I went from soft guitar to hip hop without touching controls.....
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Suddenly Spotify is not opening with the last heard song anymore

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Till a few days ago Spotify always opened with the last heard track. Since I listen to a lot of audio books this eas very convienient. Suddenly it opens "blank" and...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Germany Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Till a few days ago Spotify always opened with the last heard track. Since I l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Browser seems to have welded itself to my Spotify application?

I know, kind of an interesting question to ask. So, it happened a while ago (Maybe 3-4 weeks?) but I never took much interest in it until now because it wasn't really causing any issues. Now it just looks clunky and annoying, but on to the actual iss...

•   I know, kind of an interesting question to ask. So, it happened a while ago (Maybe 3-4 weeks?)  but I never took much interest in it until now because it wasn't really causing any issues...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay will not switch off

Plan PremiumCountry USADevice HP Envy 750-175se DTOperating System Windows 7My Question or IssueAuto play continues to play despite being switched off in settings?

• Regular
  • Plan  Premium Country  USA Device  HP Envy 750-175se DT Operating System  Windows 7 My Question or Issue Auto play continues to play despite being switched off in settin...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • autoplay
    Windows 7
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify in Windows

PlanPremiumCountry PhilippinesDeviceHP PavillionOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue: The audio of my Spotify stop working when I switch to Facebook messenger app and will resume when I switch back. How can I listen to Spotify while using ...

• Plan Premium Country  Philippines Device HP Pavillion Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue:  The audio of my Spotify stop working when I switch to Facebook me...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a way to control the pc spotify client with my Gear S3

PlanPremiumCountryUnited statesOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Is there a way to control the pc spotify client with my Gear S3

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United states Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Is there a way to control the pc spotify client with my Gear S3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify update error 2

PlanPremiumCountryCzech Republic Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I've got problem with my updater. I've seen Spotify update error topic, where is suggested to change path to Update folder, but this won't work for me.In my C:\...\AppDa...

•   Plan Premium Country Czech Republic  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I've got problem with my updater. I've seen Spotify update error topic, where i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify program opens automaticly

hello!the app for some reason opens up automatically every time on turning on my computer. couldn't find any option on the win desktop program to change it.how can I stop the auto open?

• hello! the app for some reason opens up automatically every time on turning on my computer. couldn't find any option on the win desktop program to change it. how can I stop the auto open?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wont Run

PlanPremiumCountryCaandaDeviceASUS LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueCan not run Spotify music using Windows 10 OS. Says C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SpotifyMusic_1.96.181.0_x86__zpdnekdrz...\SpotifyMigrator.exe The specified user ...

• Plan Premium Country Caanda Device ASUS Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Can not run Spotify music using Windows 10 OS.  Says C:\Program Files\WindowsApps...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Problem when connection lost to bluetooth headphone

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceHP LaptopOperating SystemWindows 8 My Question or IssueWhen listening with a bluetooth headphone, if connection is lost at some point, track pauses, pause button becomes unresponsive. After this point, if I close the app...

•   Plan Premium Country Turkey Device HP Laptop Operating System Windows 8   My Question or Issue When listening with a bluetooth headphone, if connection is lost at some point, t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Display settings - background and font colour

PlanFree/PremiumCountry SpainDeviceDesktopOperating SystemLinux Mint My Question or Issue I find the black background with grey font difficult to read in some cases.Is there any way of changing the theme/colour to black or dark font on a white backgr...

• Plan Free/Premium Country  Spain Device Desktop Operating System Linux Mint       My Question or Issue   I find the black background with grey font difficult to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sonos (as a Spotify device)

PlanPremiumCountry USADevice(PC)Operating System(Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI can play Spotify from the Sonos APPS, however, I used to see all 3 of my house's Sonos Zone players within the Spotify Desktop Application. I can see all my other...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device (PC) Operating System (Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I can play Spotify from the Sonos APPS, however, I used to see all 3 of my house's ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! when i open a spotify internet player , it told me that i open too much pages .

when i open a spotify internet player , it told me that i open too much pages .but i only open one page . how should i do .

• Casual Listener
  • when i open a spotify internet player , it told me that i open too much pages .but i only open one page . how should i do .
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix not showing, but on phone it shows 2 daily mixes.

PlanFreeCountry BulgariaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo whenever i try to play my daily mixes from my pc. They don't show, but on android they do! I have to like them from my phone, so i can play them on my pc! I tried to so...

•   Plan Free Country  Bulgaria Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So whenever i try to play my daily mixes from my pc. They don't show, but on andro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App crash after change a output source

DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7My Question or IssueI start playing a song and change output source from USB headset to jack. Player just loop a 1 second of song and can't stop normal. Re-install don't help.My steps:1. Play song2. Choose JACK output...

•   Device PC Operating System Windows 7 My Question or Issue I start playing a song and change output source from USB headset to jack. Player just loop a 1 second of song and can't sto...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Payment and Premium for Family Issues

PlanPremiumCountry Mexico My Question or Issue I have a suscription to a Familar Plan on Spotify which charges monthly to a credit card. This month, the payment was authorized on the card and the money has been charged, but Spotify says that the paym...

•   Plan Premium Country  Mexico  My Question or Issue  I have a suscription to a Familar Plan on Spotify which charges monthly to a credit card. This month, the payment was a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes