Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

soptify turned into trash

i remember that spotify was great when i started subscribing this thing. i was a huge fan of the notification bell and with spotify i was able to track my favourite bands. i was a happy premium customer. a few years ago spotify had a big downgrade an...

• Roadie
  • i remember that spotify was great when i started subscribing this thing. i was a huge fan of the notification bell and with spotify i was able to track my favourite bands. i was a happy premium custo...
  • satriaaldy
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes

I do not get notifications

Hello,I do not get any notifications from Spotify. In "Notification settings" I have everything checked.

• Visitor
  • Hello, I do not get any notifications from Spotify. In "Notification settings" I have everything checked.
  • songassistant
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Notifications
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Minimised mode does not release media keys and also shows no icon in the task bar

When I switch spotify to minimised, I love how it remembers where I was in the app etc etc, but I don't love how it doesn't relrease the media keys while Windows seems to think no media keys were pressed. When maximised, if I press play/pause Windows...

• Regular
  • When I switch spotify to  minimised, I love how it remembers where I was in the app etc etc, but I don't love how it doesn't relrease the media keys while Windows seems to think no media keys we...
  • Sammaye
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lost Downloads

HorsleygcPremiumWindows laptopUK New to Spotify; have downloaded some songs but cannot find them anywhere on my laptop. Have searched entire laptop and nothing but songs have the green downloaded successful logo. Any idea where they might be stored ?...

• Horsleygc Premium Windows laptop UK   New to Spotify; have downloaded some songs but cannot find them anywhere on my laptop.  Have searched entire laptop and nothing but songs have the...
  • TheFrye
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Long songs cause the queue to stop/disappear

Hello, I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but recently I've found that longer songs (>10 minutes) are now causing spotify to stop playing . It stays at the end of the song ("bug1") and when you skip to the next track it deletes your que...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but recently I've found that longer songs (>10 minutes) are now causing spotify to stop playing . It stays at the end of the song (...
  • TheFrye
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify desktop has stopped loading

I've just installed some updates on my laptop (Dell XPS 13) and now Spotify isn't loading. The programme launches, but it's then stuck on a blank, black screen (attached) but task manager doesn't say it's crashed. I've reinstalled it and nothing has ...

• Regular
  • I've just installed some updates on my laptop (Dell XPS 13) and now Spotify isn't loading. The programme launches, but it's then stuck on a blank, black screen (attached) but task manager doesn't say...
  • h_bell25
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Certain "Hopsin" songs keep crashing my Spotify client - Please advise

"Hopsin - Crown Me" is just one example. The song ends at 4:39, but around 4:32 the progress bar jumps back to around 4:25 and the audio just stops. This usually results in my Spotify client crashing/freezing and I have to reopen it manually. (A dail...

• Regular
  • "Hopsin - Crown Me" is just one example. The song ends at 4:39, but around 4:32 the progress bar jumps back to around 4:25 and the audio just stops. This usually results in my Spotify client crashing...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Randomly changing discover weekly playlist

I have had this problem a few times now. But only today i am 100% sure that it was happening. so i was listening to my discover weekly playlist from monday till today in the afternoon. Now in the evening i decide to listen again and i realize that i ...

• I have had this problem a few times now. But only today i am 100% sure that it was happening. so i was listening to my discover weekly playlist from monday till today in the afternoon. Now in the eve...
  • HotlineMemeami
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Web Player not working

So this just started today for me and it's been a huge problem, everytime I go on the web player on the PC it starts up normally with the home page but then a few seconds later it just completely blacks out. I've tried restarting the computer, reload...

Screenshot (3)_LI.jpg Screenshot (4).png
  • Regular
  • So this just started today for me and it's been a huge problem, everytime I go on the web player on the PC it starts up normally with the home page but then a few seconds later it just completely bla...
  • Alanfry
  • Casual Listener
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes

Discover Weekly and Release Radar double update

I have a weird problem with my Discover Weekly and Release Radar: they both regularly updated respectively on monday and friday, but, on tuesday and saturday, they received another update, changing a big way, expecially the Discover Weekly. I hope th...

• Roadie
  • I have a weird problem with my Discover Weekly and Release Radar: they both regularly updated respectively on monday and friday, but, on tuesday and saturday, they received another update, changing a...
  • klin1991
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Failed to upload image, please try again

I'm trying to change my playlist cover and even though the images are the correct width and size, etc. It keeps on saying "Failed to upload image, please try again"

• I'm trying to change my playlist cover and even though the images are the correct width and size, etc. It keeps on saying "Failed to upload image, please try again"
  • z_rz97v-36o8e
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't import itunes playlist

Hi,I've finally taken the jump to try to migrate my music from iTunes to Spotify. I can't, however, import any of my iTunes playlists. When I click File-> Import playlists -> Itunes absolutely nothing happens (I have made sure playlist sharing is ena...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've finally taken the jump to try to migrate my music from iTunes to Spotify. I can't, however, import any of my iTunes playlists. When I click File-> Import playlists -> Itunes absolutel...
  • nvrdemo
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Need to undo "Forget this device"

I have a few Echo Dots scattered around the house. My daughter decided to stop Spotify from playing on a particular device, and chose the "Forget this device" option. Now I can't select it anymore and I can't find out how to add it back. Please help ...

• I have a few Echo Dots scattered around the house. My daughter decided to stop Spotify from playing on a particular device, and chose the "Forget this device" option.  Now I can't select it...
  • ItsJimmyCross
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Forget this device
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends do not show on Friend activity unless I unfollow and re-follow them.

Every time I open the desktop version (either win store or standalone), my friends activity is empty, even though I have a few friends that I follow. If I unfollow them and follow them again, they appear on the feed. But when I close and reopen Spoti...

• Every time I open the desktop version (either win store or standalone), my friends activity is empty, even though I have a few friends that I follow. If I unfollow them and follow them again, they ap...
  • Jerome_Barnes
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!! Audio Stutter

I use the desktop app on windows 10 and recently the audio would stutter every couple seconds while playing songs, this has been happening for at least a week now. The issue isn't as bad but still is there in the webplayer.

• Casual Listener
  • I use the desktop app on windows 10 and recently the audio would stutter every couple seconds while playing songs, this has been happening for at least a week now. The issue isn't as bad but still is...
  • _lwkggnxu-ow
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Organising Playlists??

I've had Spotify Premium for a few years now, and used Albums as Playlists so that they appear like an Album list at the side for easy access. I now have hundreds of albums, sometimes dupilcate or triplicate! and wanted to know the best way of organi...

• Regular
  • I've had Spotify Premium for a few years now, and used Albums as Playlists so that they appear like an Album list at the side for easy access.   I now have hundreds of albums, sometimes dupilc...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback

After each album I have to close Spotify down and reopen to play the next album. Been like this all day (21/05/18).

• After each album I have to close Spotify down and reopen to play the next album. Been like this all day (21/05/18).
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot delete Local appdata folder on Windows 10

Hey, Spotify is not launching for me in Windows 10. I've uninstalled/reinstalled to no avail. After reading some other posts on here, I'm attempting to delete the Local appdata folder, but there is one folder within the subfolders of this Spotify fol...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, Spotify is not launching for me in Windows 10. I've uninstalled/reinstalled to no avail. After reading some other posts on here, I'm attempting to delete the Local appdata folder, but there is o...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't change playlist cover

Hey!When I try to change a playlist cover I go to "edit image" -> "replace image" and choose the file, after that I save it but when I close the desktop app and reopen it the playlist cover isn't saved...I use windows 10 app with the latest updates

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! When I try to change a playlist cover I go to "edit image" -> "replace image" and choose the file, after that I save it but when I close the desktop app and reopen it the playlist cover isn'...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Export a list of all the songs i've "liked"

I've liked over 2000 songs on spotify and would like a way to export a list of those songs. They are not in a playlist, just a bunch of songs i've checkmarked over 2 years that i would like a list of.

• Casual Listener
  • I've liked over 2000 songs on spotify and would like a way to export a list of those songs. They are not in a playlist, just a bunch of songs i've checkmarked over 2 years that i would like a list of...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes