Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

My spotify won't play in offline mode PC

I Have an HP Spectre laptop with spotify installed. I can download songs fine and play them when im online but I have a premium account and whenever I go onto "offline mode" all my songs show as unavailable. Like theyre faded out and i can't play the...

• I Have an HP Spectre laptop with spotify installed. I can download songs fine and play them when im online but I have a premium account and whenever I go onto "offline mode" all my songs show as unav...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook friends not showing

PlanPremiumCountry TurkeyDeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hi. I was linked my Facebook account to my spotify account once and then i unlinked it. Now i've linked them again. But this time , no friends shown in "FIND FRI...

•   Plan Premium Country  Turkey Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Hi. I was linked my Facebook account to my spotify account once and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't stream music

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device Operating SystemWindos 7 Professional My Question or IssueI can't stream music anymore. It was always fine but now every song will be skipped and can't be played. Pleas fix that. The info at the top was : ¨Spotify can n...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device   Operating System Windos 7 Professional   My Question or Issue I can't stream music anymore. It was always fine but now every song will be...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Blank Now Playing Window

PlanPremium Operating System Windows My Question or Issue Is there a way to clear the now playing window (leave it blank) until you play something new? Do u have to clear a cache or something? If I try to clear it it always finds something to play, e...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium   Operating System  Windows   My Question or Issue  Is there a way to clear the now playing window (leave it blank) until you play something new? Do u have to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Whats the last build before the new design?

PremiumCountry My Question or Issue Anyone know the last build number before it changed to the current design please?

• Roadie
  • Premium Country       My Question or Issue  Anyone know the last build number before it changed to the current design please? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete Play Que/ History?

My Question or Issue If you just want a clean start, can we manually clear the play Que and play history? When you highlight it you don't get the options to delete it?

• Roadie
  •     My Question or Issue  If you just want a clean start, can we manually clear the play Que and play history? When you highlight it you don't get the options to delete it?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop app crashes

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceDell XPS 13Operating SystemWindows 10 Ver 1803/ 17134.228Spotify Ver 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1 My Question or IssueProblem occurs from time to time. Sometimes there is no problem during 2-3 days. sometimes it happens every 30 m...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device Dell XPS 13 Operating System Windows 10 Ver 1803/ 17134.228 Spotify Ver 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1     My Question or Issue Problem occurs f...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Maps not displayed

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssusIf there is a map in a map the right side is not showing up. It is completly blank. This is a isseu sind a comple of months before it worked correctly. Can this ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands   Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issus If there is a map in a map the right side is not showing up. It is completly...
  • colake
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Old playlist as default on startup

PlanFree/PremiumCountry NetherlandsDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue When I startup my PC, Spotify starts up automatically. When I press the play button on my keyboard it starts with a playlist of which I deleted a lot of songs ...

• Plan Free/Premium Country  Netherlands Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  When I startup my PC, Spotify starts up automatically. When I press the p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to disable videos?

Hello, Doesn't matter what I do, after 1 or 2 songs in my loved Hot Country playlist(and various more playlists), music stops because it hits a video that "we're not able to play this video in your current location" Not only that, I can't copy the wh...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   Doesn't matter what I do, after 1 or 2 songs in my loved Hot Country playlist(and various more playlists), music stops because it hits a video that "we're not able to play this video ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

can't turn off publishing my activity in spotify permanently

PlanPremiumCountry HungaryOperating SystemWindows 10Spotify version: 1.0.88.353 (Windows Store Version)My Question or Issue Spotify keeps turning on the "publishing my activity on Spotify" feature in the most recent version of Spotify on Windows 10, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Hungary Operating System Windows 10 Spotify version:  1.0.88.353 (Windows Store Version) My Question or Issue  Spotify keeps turning on the "publishing m...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Recently Played is blank in Spotify's desktop application

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI've started to have problems where Spotify says "Nothing here yet Music will appear as you listen". However, I've look up an album and play it yet nothing shows up. Also, m...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I've started to have problems where Spotify says "Nothing here yet Music will appear as you listen". However...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Turn playlist into a podcast or mixtape

Hello Spotify friends, I was wondering if it is possible to turn a well-curated playlist into a podcast/mixtape. I am planning to do a monthly podcast of the best ambient/drone tracks that I found. This podcast could then be uploaded to Spotify, iTun...

• Roadie
  • Hello Spotify friends,   I was wondering if it is possible to turn a well-curated playlist into a podcast/mixtape. I am planning to do a monthly podcast of the best ambient/drone tracks that I...
  • Crow74
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Memory Leak Inside Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceDesktop ComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue When I start playing music it will be fine until after maybe 2-3 songs it will stop at the end of the current song and the program will freeze, it s...

• Plan Premium Country United States  Device Desktop Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  When I start playing music it will be fine until after maybe 2...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • bug
    memory leak
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Friend Activity not updating

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hi, my friend feed/activity is not updating correctly. When my friend starts playing a new song the friend feed shows that he is playing a song he actually played like 3...

•   Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Hi, my friend feed/activity is not updating correctly. When my friend start...
  • rutger9800
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error code 8 or error code 2...Can't use Spotify anyway!

PlanPremiumCountryMéxicoDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have been trying to use Spotify on my job's PC for about a week now. Everytime I try to access my account through the program or the app, Spotify displays either error 8...

• Plan Premium Country México Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have been trying to use Spotify on my job's PC for about a week now. Everytime I try to acces...
  • lizettess
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • error code 2
    Error code 8
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Web Player Not Working

I currently use Spotify for free and I always use the Web Player but for the past week it hasn't been working. I've tried restarting my laptop many times, logging out, and even trying some of the things on the community page. When I go to click on a ...

• Visitor
  • I currently use Spotify for free and I always use the Web Player but for the past week it hasn't been working. I've tried restarting my laptop many times, logging out, and even trying some of the thi...
  • TomLegend
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Certain local files won't play

Plan PremiumCountry United StatesDeviceDell Inspiron 7567Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I have many local files in a playlist and all of them work except for my 4:44 download. These songs worked in the past and I have them downloaded...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan  Premium Country  United States Device Dell Inspiron 7567 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I have many local files in a playlist and all of them ...
  • liamdonovan
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to delet recommendations?

-Premium-All Platforms I use Spotify on Problem:Since the start Spotify recommendet stupid boring german songs that sound like I am banging my head against a wall.I never heard 1 single song like that willingly over spotify in my whole life.Also my p...

•   -Premium -All Platforms I use Spotify on     Problem: Since the start Spotify recommendet stupid boring german songs that sound like I am banging my head against a wall. I nev...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify:track uri functionality broken

PlanFreeCountry UKDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 x64 build 1803 My Question or IssueUntil this latest version of the Windows 10 Desktop spotify 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1a web browser link of the form: spotify:track:1aICPClDGoZGvxAv8g5lmS#00.00...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country  UK Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 x64 build 1803   My Question or Issue Until this latest version of the Windows 10 Desktop spotify 1.0.8...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes