Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify queue no longer works

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue I use Spotify premium on a Windows 10 desktop. I have found the queue most usefull to the way I listen to music and used it quite frequently until sometime within th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue  I use Spotify premium on a Windows 10 desktop. I have found the queue most usefull to ...
  • bombfrog
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify doesn't play older songs

PlanPremiumCountryEnglandDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo I have heard lots of songs by a certain band multiple times, but because of this, I cannot listen to them in my playlist which includes other bands (ones I listen...

• Plan Premium Country England Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So I have heard lots of songs by a certain band multiple times, but because of this, I ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unavailable saved songs can be found through search

Hey everyone! Hope you're ejnoying this summer! I've noticed a strange thing with some saved songs I have. 1122334455I don't remember how I was able to put that song to play, as I can't know because the Radio Edit version is removed, but it showed th...

img_0231_720.png screen_shot_2018-08-22_at_22.43.01_720.png screen_shot_2018-08-22_at_22.52.07_720.png screen_shot_2018-08-22_at_22.53.17_720.png
  • Community Legend
  • Hey everyone!   Hope you're ejnoying this summer!   I've noticed a strange thing with some saved songs I have.   11 22 33 44 55I don't remember how I was able to put that s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Desktop App Wont load August 2018

PlanPremiumCountryItaly DeviceIdeaPad 300Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I have tried all the reinstallations, etc, and I am creating this thread because it's so frustrating paying for a service that is not working, it's been at least...

• Plan Premium Country Italy   Device IdeaPad 300 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I have tried all the reinstallations, etc, and I am creating this thread ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Correct installation folder for Windows Desktop client

This is not an 'idea' actually, but I couldn't find any other feedback/ticket/issue reporting feature.It seems that developers are not quite familiar with Windows platform, as they use user profile 'Roaming' folder (doesn't its name ring a bell?) to ...

• This is not an 'idea' actually, but I couldn't find any other feedback/ticket/issue reporting feature. It seems that developers are not quite familiar with Windows platform, as they use user profile...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Désactiver démarrage automatique

Bonjour, J'utilise Spotify sur windows 10. J'ai beau avoir décoché l'option partout, spotify continue de se lancer automatiquement au démarrage de l'ordinateur. En cherchant j'ai trouvé plusieurs fois qu'il fallait désactiver "l'ouverture automatique...

• Regular
  • Bonjour,    J'utilise Spotify sur windows 10. J'ai beau avoir décoché l'option partout, spotify continue de se lancer automatiquement au démarrage de l'ordinateur. En cherchant j'ai trouv...
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes

Syncing Saved Music Between Devices

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueHi, so I'm logged onto Spotify across two different Windows PCs. A few weeks ago, I reorganized my saved music and deleted over a hundreds of old songs that I no longer li...

• Plan Premium Country  Canada Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Hi, so I'm logged onto Spotify across two different Windows PCs. A few weeks ago, I reorgani...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • PC
    saved music
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Performance] [Bug] Client unbearably slow on 1.0.88.353

With the latest update for the Spotify client, the client tends to become unberably slow after a good few hours of use. Just 10-15 minutes ago, I was trying to browse through my saved albums and songs, and stuff would either completely fail to load, ...

• Composer
  • With the latest update for the Spotify client, the client tends to become unberably slow after a good few hours of use. Just 10-15 minutes ago, I was trying to browse through my saved albums and song...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • performance
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Other people on my wifi using my spotify account

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I live in a houseshare, and I've recently noticed a few playlists being added to my account that I didn't add. I've tried logging out of all accounts and changing my p...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I live in a houseshare, and I've recently noticed a few playlists being added to ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume & Seek Sliders Stuck (PC/Win7)

DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueCurrently the volume and track position sliders are stuck. When I say stuck I mean they cannot be moved by the cursor. The seek and volume key bindings work fine as well controlling via the web pl...

• Casual Listener
  •   Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Currently the volume and track position sliders are stuck. When I say stuck I mean they cannot be moved by the cursor. T...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Revert Heart Icon and Like Terminology

The Heart Icon and “like” terminology have now shown up on my iPad and iPhone and I feel this new language is illogical and misleading. I save albums/songs to “Your Library” in order to listen to it later. The + (Plus) Icon or Saved terminology makes...

• Casual Listener
  • The Heart Icon and “like” terminology have now shown up on my iPad and iPhone and I feel this new language is illogical and misleading. I save albums/songs to “Your Library” in order to listen to it ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 19 likes

Daily Mix not personalized

PlanFreeCountryFrance DeviceComputer mounted (personalized)Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro 1803 My Question or Issue I do not understand how Daily Mix works, I was thinking it worked like a custom playlist based on what I listened (music and artists t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country France  Device Computer mounted (personalized) Operating System Windows 10 Pro 1803   My Question or Issue  I do not understand how Daily Mix works, I was t...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps adding random playlists and songs to my library

Plan - Premium Country - Australia Device - iPhone 7+ My Question or Issue Hi I am a paying Premium customer. I am getting frustrated with spotify as it appears to be adding random playlists and singles to my library. On top of this, one of my playli...

•   Plan - Premium   Country - Australia   Device - iPhone 7+     My Question or Issue   Hi   I am a paying Premium customer.   I am...
  • Ryanx0r
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Does not play the whole song

My spotify plays only the first few seconds of each song and then switches to another song.How do I listen to music normally?

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify plays only the first few seconds of each song and then switches to another song. How do I listen to music normally?
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Gap at top of screen / not fullscreen when opening from System Tray

Plan: PremiumCountry: Australia Device: Desktop PCOperating System: Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 My Question or IssueHi all,When I open Spotify from the system tray, there's a large gap at the top of the screen and part of the Spotif...

3.png 4.png
  • Regular
  • Plan: Premium Country: Australia  Device: Desktop PC Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134   My Question or Issue Hi all, When I open Spotify...
  • flamofrog
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Proxy isn't working with the latest versions

I'm using Windows Desktop app (not windows store app) and can't get the newer versions of spotify to run to my proxy server. It keeps saying it's offline. I have to install an old version, from around mars to get it working.But unfortunately spotify ...

• Music Fan
  • I'm using Windows Desktop app (not windows store app) and can't get the newer versions of spotify to run to my proxy server. It keeps saying it's offline.   I have to install an old version, f...
  • Eikido
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Launch behavior on Windows 10 with multiple monitors

Hey all, Apologies if this is a duplicate issue, but I've had this come up on several Windows 10 machines with multiple displays and it seems to be consistent between them. I figured it'd at least be worth a mention. PlanPremiumCountryUnited States D...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all,   Apologies if this is a duplicate issue, but I've had this come up on several Windows 10 machines with multiple displays and it seems to be consistent between them. I figured it'd at...
  • CJS7070
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

"Next up" is always the same album after queued songs end

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandOperating SystemWindows 7 Enterprise My Question or IssueWhenever I finish listening to the queued songs in my play queue, Spotify always starts playing Iron Maiden's debut album and every song in the "Next up" list, is also ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Operating System Windows 7 Enterprise   My Question or Issue Whenever I finish listening to the queued songs in my play queue, Spotify always starts playing ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Daily mix and Song radio is not working

PlanPremiumCountry Operating System( Windows 10) My Question or Issue[On my PC!]i can not use daily mix or song raido, it just get an error message that says; "daily Mix Cannot be started Please try with something els" and the same message for the so...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country     Operating System ( Windows 10)   My Question or Issue [On my PC!] i can not use daily mix or song raido, it just get an error message that sa...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Daily mix and Song radio is not working
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist only plays 99 songs forward/backward relative to first song played

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceWeb Player, Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)Operating SystemUbuntu 18.04 LTS My Question or IssueI've attached an MP4 screen recording of the issue described below: When attempting to play s...

• Plan Premium Country United States  Device Web Player, Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) Operating System Ubuntu 18.04 LTS   My Question or Issue I've at...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes