Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • D1Ck3n
  • 69 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 69 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • lazypapertiger
  • 253 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 253 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

The friend feed failed to load

I have disconnectd and reconnected to my internet multiple times; however, the friend feed states: "Hmm, the Friend Feed failed to load" It has been doing this for over a week and I want it fixed so I can see what my friends are listening to.I also a...

• Regular
  • I have disconnectd and reconnected to my internet multiple times; however, the friend feed states: "Hmm, the Friend Feed failed to load"  It has been doing this for over a week and I want it fi...
  • mburly4
  • Casual Listener
  • 27 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 1 likes

"Adding" playlist of an album from an artist makes it a playlist made by me?

This has been extremely annoying for the entirety of the time I've used spotify. Whenever I save an album by any artist, right click it, and click "add as new playlist" it makes it so the playlist is created by me and isn't displayed on my playlist l...

• Regular
  • This has been extremely annoying for the entirety of the time I've used spotify. Whenever I save an album by any artist, right click it, and click "add as new playlist" it makes it so the playlist is...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Ad Is Fake and Can't Play Music

PlanFreeCountryDelaware DeviceWindows ComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue So, basically, a few days ago I wanted to listen to music while I was writing. When I got on there was an advert for Snickers. When i pressed the play butto...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Delaware   Device Windows Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  So, basically, a few days ago I wanted to listen to music while I wa...
  • AngelOfEreri
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Column & Artwork Gone from Playlists

As of a few days ago, the 'album' column on the playlists I have created have vanished. I now only have 'title', 'artist' and the date it was added.Additionally, the album artwork in the bottom left corner is gone (I have tried resizing the window wi...

• Casual Listener
  • As of a few days ago, the 'album' column on the playlists I have created have vanished. I now only have 'title', 'artist' and the date it was added. Additionally, the album artwork in the bottom l...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Spotify doesn't work on Desktop Version

PlanFree/PremiumCountrySuisse Device(Dell Desktop computer)Operating SystemSpotify works correctly on all my devices (My Macbook, Iphone, and online version), but on my desktop computer. When I click Play, it switch automatically to the next song of ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Suisse  Device (Dell Desktop computer) Operating System Spotify works correctly on all my devices (My Macbook, Iphone, and online version), but on my desktop com...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily mixes missing and song radio not working

My Question or IssueHi everyone, Since the last update, Daily Mixes are all gone (can't find them ANYWHERE) and my previous song radios all say "this station cannot be started" or "Something went wrong please try again later".Although I could reinsta...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue Hi everyone,   Since the last update, Daily Mixes are all gone (can't find them ANYWHERE) and my previous song radios all say "this station cannot be started" or "Somethi...
  • WaveyDL
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs played distorted

PlanPremium CountryNetherlands Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueRecently, several songs have been played distorted.Reinstallation of the Spotify app did not help. I am using the app version 1.0.74.380.g1fcff12 on Windows 10.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country Netherlands     Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Recently, several songs have been played distorted. Reinstallation of the Spo...
  • Allandor
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

issue using 5.1 configuration in windows. Needs to be fixed!

Using the desktop program, if I go to my sound settings and set the configuration in my playback devices to 5.1 surround, spotify will simply not play.it will skip song after song and then stop. However if i set my speakers to stereo and restart it; ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Using the desktop program,  if I go to my sound settings and set the configuration in my playback devices to 5.1 surround, spotify will simply not play. it will skip song after son...
  • aceofpilots
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unintentional scrolling after back button

PlanPremium (Student)CountryUnited StatesOperating SystemWindows 10 64 bitVersion1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f My Question or IssueHi there - new poster here! So I had this weird problem where Spotify desktop automatically scrolls down/loads an artist's page ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium (Student) Country United States Operating System Windows 10 64 bit Version 1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f   My Question or Issue Hi there - new poster here! So I had this weird prob...
  • TobiasYoung
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Make spotify pause automatically?

PlanFreeCountry DeviceHP NotebookOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI was wondering if I could make spotify pause instead of mute when other sounds are played?

• Plan Free Country   Device HP Notebook Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue I was wondering if I could make spotify pause instead of mute when other sounds are played?...
  • TobiasYoung
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What's new in 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e?

Spotify just updated to 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e. Where's the change log?

• Visitor
  • Spotify just updated to 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e. Where's the change log?
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • changelog
    patch
    Update
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Label search not working on Desktop player

The Avanced label search is not working on the Desktop player (win 10 64bit) but is working fine on the web player.

• Regular
  • The Avanced label search is not working on the Desktop player (win 10 64bit) but is working fine on the web player.
  • gizzmo123456
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play the current song

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceHP EliteBookOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueEverytime a song ends I get the error "can't play the current song." I need to constantly hit the 'next' button to play songs. Same issue on all playlists. Previousl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device HP EliteBook Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Everytime a song ends I get the error "can't play the current song." I need to constantly hit th...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Library bug - able to add already saved song

PlanPremiumCountry US Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOccasionally I am looking up an artist who has songs which I have added to my library. I notice some of these saved songs do not have the checkmark next to them to indicate that I h...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  US   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Occasionally I am looking up an artist who has songs which I have added to my library. I notice s...
  • Stupidnewbie
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • bug
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Sub standard connection

Edit: The below was posted in error in this topic. Reposted in "Android"Since middle/late May: "no internet connection, please try again later" 2-3 times on a daily basis. This with a close to flawless mobil internet connection. It never occurs when ...

• Music Fan
  • Edit: The below was posted in error in this topic. Reposted in "Android" Since middle/late May: "no internet connection, please try again later" 2-3 times on a daily basis. This with a close to flaw...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Need sort library playlists by artists

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicen/aOperating SystemWindows 7 desktop, version 1.0.84.344My Question or Issue I have hundreds (maybe 1000?) playlists. I normally sort playlists by artist (and chronologically within an artist). I did that for my vinyl record...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device n/a Operating System Windows 7 desktop, version 1.0.84.344 My Question or Issue   I have hundreds (maybe 1000?) playlists.  I normally sort playlist...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio Down

PlanPremiumCountry USDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueRadio and friends feed has been down for me, for quite some time.I have uninstalled, reinstalled, everything, tried a new account even.It's just not working.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Radio and friends feed has been down for me, for quite some time. I have uninstalled, reinst...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to add a song from a playlist to a liblary

PlanPremiumCountry PolandDeviceLenovo P2Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or Issue How to add a song from playlist to liblary , becouse I I had to add a song from an album , becouse It's not a avaible on spotify ( lemonade beyonce ) and I cant ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country  Poland Device Lenovo P2 Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue  How to add a song from playlist to liblary , becouse I I had to add...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play some songs from an artist/This song is unavaliable

PlanPremiumCountry EstoniaDevicePC/Android (both same issue)Operating SystemAndroid Lollipop, Windows 10 My Question or IssueThis song is unavaliable. If you have the file on your computer you can import it. I have been experiencing this for a few we...

•   Plan Premium Country  Estonia Device PC/Android (both same issue) Operating System Android Lollipop, Windows 10   My Question or Issue This song is unavaliable. If you hav...
  • TobiasYoung
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • WE R
    WE R Music
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes