Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Slow download

Hi, i have a galxy j7 and when i download playlists it takes a lot, a playlist of 30 songs takes like 7 hours, my internet is of 50 mb, the last week was good but now no, pls help

• Hi, i have a galxy j7 and when i download playlists it takes a lot, a playlist of 30 songs takes like 7 hours, my internet is of 50 mb, the last week was good but now no, pls help
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error on opening and when trying to uninstall

"Cannot find 'API-MS-WIN-CORE-PROCESSTHREADS-L1-1-2.DLL' Anyoine else expeiencing this? I can't run or even uninstall with out this showing up.

• "Cannot find 'API-MS-WIN-CORE-PROCESSTHREADS-L1-1-2.DLL'   Anyoine else expeiencing this?  I can't run or even uninstall with out this showing up.
  • pfenske
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Installer download not working

I go here to download spotify for Windows, but the file cannot be found on server: https://www.spotify.com/se/download/windows/ Tried different browsers

• Gig Goer
  • I go here to download spotify for Windows, but the file cannot be found on server: https://www.spotify.com/se/download/windows/ Tried different browsers
  • cathykellogg4
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Not Responding

Hi there,Spotify hasn't been working for me for over a week now. Whenever I try to start it, it opens but I get that spinning ring (or sometimes just a blank screen) and it just never goes beyond that stage (I have left it for up to an hour). To be c...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, Spotify hasn't been working for me for over a week now. Whenever I try to start it, it opens but I get that spinning ring (or sometimes just a blank screen) and it just never goes beyond t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No Radio feature on Desktop player

Hi,As outlined here : https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/spotify-radio/There is no 'radio' menu on my desktop app, and when I right click a Song/Album/Artist/Playlist, there is no option to go to radio.I see the opion in the web pl...

• Regular
  • Hi, As outlined here :  https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/spotify-radio/ There is no 'radio' menu on my desktop app, and when I right click a Song/Album/...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't login to deaktop app via email and facebook

Hi everyone So I recently got Spotify Premium (The $1 for 3 months deal) and whenever I try and log into the desktop app through email and facebook, it does nothing. No notifications or popups, it just either does nothing or just freezes. The android...

• Hi everyone   So I recently got Spotify Premium (The $1 for 3 months deal) and whenever I try and log into the desktop app through email and facebook, it does nothing. No notifications or popu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No audio after prolonged pause

I'm using a Windows 10 laptop and when I leave a song paused for a minute or two, when I press play there is no audio. Not muted, I can toggle volume controls, but it's just dead silence. Help?

• I'm using a Windows 10 laptop and when I leave a song paused for a minute or two, when I press play there is no audio. Not muted, I can toggle volume controls, but it's just dead silence. Help?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesnt look for audio devices.

I have some Turtle beach headphones and when I play path of exile, it restarts my headphones (really annoying). The game recovers and just picks a random device which is usually the wrong one (again annoying). I can just disable that device and its f...

• I have some Turtle beach headphones and when I play path of exile, it restarts my headphones (really annoying). The game recovers and just picks a random device which is usually the wrong one (again ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unavailable Songs

I'm new to Spotify. As I was looking for songs for my first playlist, I came across one I'd been searching for that was listed with gray instead of white text. When I added it to my playlist, it didn't show up, but if I try to add it again, it says t...

• Regular
  • I'm new to Spotify. As I was looking for songs for my first playlist, I came across one I'd been searching for that was listed with gray instead of white text. When I added it to my playlist, it didn...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Getting message "can't play the current song" when I trfy to play any song

Hi, each time I try to play a song, i get a blue bar across the top of the screen telling me can't play the current song. I have re-installed Spotify and reset everything but still have the problem. This happens a lot lately.

• Hi, each time I try to play a song, i get a blue bar across the top of the screen telling me can't play the current song.  I have re-installed Spotify and reset everything but still have the pro...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution No offline switch for saved songs in Windows 10

Hello, just like the title says I have no offline switch to download my saved songs like I have on my iPhone. Is it normal that the PC client can only download playlists and not saved songs like the mobile version? Thank you.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, just like the title says I have no offline switch to download my saved songs like I have on my iPhone. Is it normal that the PC client can only download playlists and not saved songs like the ...
  • DJ_Minx
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 App won't uninstall

I'm trying to change over to the Desktop App, but the WinStore App will NOT uninstall no matter how many times I've clicked Uninstall.

• Regular
  • I'm trying to change over to the Desktop App, but the WinStore App will NOT uninstall no matter how many times I've clicked Uninstall.
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Request to reinstall

cannot run it today. and pop up the window ask me to reinstall the program, but it doesnt work...

• cannot run it today. and pop up the window ask me to reinstall the program, but it doesnt work...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't right click currently playing song or add to playlist

Title. I have several playlist that divide my music based on genre, category, etc. For some reason I can't right click the currently playing song in Play Queue or add that song to any of my playlists. I have to manually look it up in browse or a play...

• Title. I have several playlist that divide my music based on genre, category, etc. For some reason I can't right click the currently playing song in Play Queue or add that song to any of my playlists...
  • travismm
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Local files not playing at all

Since a few weeks ago my local files haven't been working at all (.mp3-files) if play the files with another player they work but when I add them to spotify playlist, nothing at all happens when i click on it. It doesn't show any error nor even tryin...

• Casual Listener
  • Since a few weeks ago my local files haven't been working at all (.mp3-files) if play the files with another player they work but when I add them to spotify playlist, nothing at all happens when i cl...
  • killing62
  • Casual Listener
  • 27 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Won't Open

I have Spotify downloaded on my Windows HP work computer and the app has opened and worked just fine until today, when I recieved the below message pop-up box on my screen (image also attached): Cannot find 'api-ms-win-core-processthreads-I1-1-2.dII'...

• I have Spotify downloaded on my Windows HP work computer and the app has opened and worked just fine until today, when I recieved the below message pop-up box on my screen (image also attached): &nb...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't open Spotify (or uninstall it), error message: WININET.dll (Windows 7)

Hello! Something strange is going on. I can't open Spotify on my computer (Windows 7). I get the following message:Cannot find 'WININET.dll'. Please re-install this application. I've tried to uninstall Spotify, but I get the same message as above whe...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   Something strange is going on. I can't open Spotify on my computer (Windows 7).   I get the following message: Cannot find 'WININET.dll'. Please re-install this applicat...
  • landalf
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

saved albums dissapeared

hi ; I'm using premium windows desktop app. My all saved albums section dissapeared. It's not nice. can you help me pls? I have tried all the solutions that this site suggested. thank you.

• Casual Listener
  • hi ;  I'm using premium windows desktop app. My all saved albums section dissapeared. It's not nice. can you help me pls?  I have tried all the solutions that this site suggested. thank...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why do Spotify recommend me Finish songs when i live in Sweden??

The spotify mathcing system are adding tons of Finish songs to my matching discover section. Around 40% of all my songs "recomended" by Spotify are some odd finish songs. And i dont even know the Finish language, nor do i live there (i live in Sweden...

• Visitor
  • The spotify mathcing system are adding tons of Finish songs to my matching discover section. Around 40% of all my songs "recomended" by Spotify are some odd finish songs. And i dont even know th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! The interface mass

Once I minimized the window and bring it back my window looks like the attached file.

• Once I minimized the window and bring it back my window looks like the attached file.
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Env: prod