Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify is adding music to my playlist eventhough the song is in my playlist

Hello.When using spotify webplayer and adding a song that I like to a playlist, the song is added without warning that it's already in the playlist. this results in duplicate songs.Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. When using spotify webplayer and adding a song that I like to a playlist, the song is added without warning that it's already in the playlist. this results in duplicate songs. Any ideas?
  • randomspotfuser
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "song not available", but it is on app and web player

As the title says, I get the message that some of the songs are not available when played on the Spotify program on Windows Desktop, but they are when played on the Android app or Web Player. An example is "Weight lof love" by The Black Keys, which I...

• Casual Listener
  • As the title says, I get the message that some of the songs are not available when played on the Spotify program on Windows Desktop, but they are when played on the Android app or Web Player. An exam...
  • itsohsoironic
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! All my liked from radio music is gone

Hello!Recently all the music i liked from the radio is gone, this is terrible because its the only playlist i really use. I did not accidently delete it because its not under the restore options in account management... Ive done nothing out of the or...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! Recently all the music i liked from the radio is gone, this is terrible because its the only playlist i really use. I did not accidently delete it because its not under the restore options in...
  • sgome085
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't delete from local files

I have an issue with duplicates that I was trying to slove by changing where the music was pulled from but when I unchecked all of the folders that are sources of music for my local files under settings none of the songs were removed. Any idea on why...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an issue with duplicates that I was trying to slove by changing where the music was pulled from but when I unchecked all of the folders that are sources of music for my local files under setti...
  • L2EX
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved music suddenly unsaved

Is there a way for me to see a log of what actions I have taken in my spotify account. Today I started to go through my old iTunes library and combining that with a search in Spotify to see if any albums I liked in my iTunes had an album I could save...

• Roadie
  • Is there a way for me to see a log of what actions I have taken in my spotify account. Today I started to go through my old iTunes library and combining that with a search in Spotify to see if any al...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't let me connect to facebook on any of my devices or online

When i try and connect to my new facebook account after deleting my old one using the desktop app nothing happens, and when i try it on my android it logs me in to facebook but then doesn't actually connect it. I tried doing it in my browser but that...

• Visitor
  • When i try and connect to my new facebook account after deleting my old one using the desktop app nothing happens, and when i try it on my android it logs me in to facebook but then doesn't actually ...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas modo offline

Tengo un problema pongo mis listas en modo offline pero en vez de ponerse la flecha verde de que están disponibles es una flecha gris y no puedo escucharlas si no estoy conectado a una red

• Tengo un problema pongo mis listas en modo offline pero en vez de ponerse la flecha verde de que están disponibles es una flecha gris y no puedo escucharlas si no estoy conectado a una red
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 23 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 8 likes

"questo brano non è disponibile"... ma nell'app lo è

Come dice il titolo, dal programma su computer su alcuni brani viene fuori la dicitura "questo brano non è disponibile, se è presente nel computer puoi importarlo", ma dall'app per Android, invece, il brano è disponibile eccome. Un esempio è "Weight ...

• Casual Listener
  • Come dice il titolo, dal programma su computer su alcuni brani viene fuori la dicitura "questo brano non è disponibile, se è presente nel computer puoi importarlo", ma dall'app per Android, invece, i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop app now uses default chrome class name

As of version 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc the spotify main window is using the "Chrome_WidgetWin_0" as the window class name instead of the previous "SpotifyMainWindow" class. We are now on version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78. A lot of things use this window class...

• As of version 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc the spotify main window is using the "Chrome_WidgetWin_0" as the window class name instead of the previous "SpotifyMainWindow" class. We are now on version&nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't play anything

My desktop app won't play any music, looked up all past topics but none of the solutions work for me. At the top of the screen there is message that says: "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it". I've bee...

• Casual Listener
  • My desktop app won't play any music, looked up all past topics but none of the solutions work for me. At the top of the screen there is message that says: "This song is not available. If you have the...
  • Pantooon
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover recommendations gone

This week on my PC's the "recommendations for you" under Browse - Discover tab are suddenly gone. It seems to be a problem with the service rather than some my set up or settings, because it's happenend on two different computers and platforms (my wo...

• Music Fan
  • This week on my PC's the "recommendations for you" under Browse - Discover tab are suddenly gone.  It seems to be a problem with the service rather than some my set up or settings, because it's ...
  • Gwynmara
  • 18 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 18 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Is it ok for Spotify if I put my Bollywood Facebook link into my playlist with Bollywood music

Is it fine if I put my Facebook-group-Bollywood-link into my public Bollywood-playlist on Spotify. Is it bad and will it be a problem. Thank you.

• Casual Listener
  • Is it fine if I put my Facebook-group-Bollywood-link into my public Bollywood-playlist on Spotify. Is it bad and will it be a problem. Thank you.
  • blaster1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Halsey Presale spotify code for the Montreal Show

Halsey presale starts tomorrow for the July 8 montreal show and I am looking for the presale code .Anyone have an idea what it is

• Halsey presale starts tomorrow for the July 8 montreal show and I am looking for the presale code .Anyone have an idea what it is 
  • ladylordoftime
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Who is following my playlist?

Alright, so I can see what people are following my account by clicking on followers.. but why can't I click on the followers of a single playlist? It says 10 followers but I want to know who they are.. is there any way to do this?

• Alright, so I can see what people are following my account by clicking on followers.. but why can't I click on the followers of a single playlist? It says 10 followers but I want to know who they are...
  • beckssziku
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Minimizing spotify changes sound for the worse. Dolby Audio related.

Hi I have been searching for a long time for a resolution for this problem. When "Dolby Audio" is enabled in Playback device properties, the sound is great when the spotify window is in focus. As soon as I minimize og change focus to another window, ...

• Regular
  • Hi   I have been searching for a long time for a resolution for this problem. When "Dolby Audio" is enabled in Playback device properties, the sound is great when the spotify window is in focu...
  • Kfelber
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Radio not showing up

Hi there. My desktop client's radio is playing but I cannot see any thing.

DdPbwnB.jpg
  • Music Fan
  • Hi there.   My desktop client's radio is playing but I cannot see any thing. 
  • KJ115
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify continously skips songs and tells me to import.

My spotify, whenever I press play on a playlist it just skips from one song to another without making a sound and then when I try to press a song to play it it tells me I have to import it for the song to be played.

• My spotify, whenever I press play on a playlist it just skips from one song to another without making a sound and then when I try to press a song to play it it tells me I have to import it for the so...
  • brookeroling
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify no se abre en Windows

Desde hace unas semanas, cuando abro la aplicación de Spotify en mi ordenador, aparece en pantalla pero no llega a mostrarme el menú de inicio y se apaga tras varios "intentos" en los que parpardea. Finalmente se cierra. He desinstalado la aplicación...

• Casual Listener
  • Desde hace unas semanas, cuando abro la aplicación de Spotify en mi ordenador, aparece en pantalla pero no llega a mostrarme el menú de inicio y se apaga tras varios "intentos" en los que parpardea. ...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Cutting Music

Dear all, #spotify Since 2 weeks ago I start having this problem. I star my playlist and ALL the musics start cutting all the time, like more than 10 times each sound. I already reinstalled the program, but did't fixed this problem. Please I need a u...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear all, #spotify   Since 2 weeks ago I start having this problem. I star my playlist and ALL the musics start cutting all the time, like more than 10 times each sound. I already reinstalled ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My desktop App is frozen

I have this problem from yesterday that my desktop app just got frozen and doesn't do anything. i tried to re-install and nothing has changed. even when i press "connect with facebook" nothing pops up! can you please help me.thanks P.S: i'm running o...

• Casual Listener
  • I have this problem from yesterday that my desktop app just got frozen and doesn't do anything. i tried to re-install and nothing has changed. even when i press "connect with facebook" nothing pops u...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes