Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • LukaMatsunoki
  • Visitor
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Sound wont work with my headphones

So I have two sets of headphones plugged into my computer at the moment,but only one is enabled in the sound mixer and it is set to default, while the other is disabled. I open spotify and it wont play to my default headphones. But when I re-enable m...

• So I have two sets of headphones plugged into my computer at the moment,but only one is enabled in the sound mixer and it is set to default, while the other is disabled. I open spotify and it wont pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files don't update

Hello , I have a problem with local files on Spotify. I have deleted all the music folders from my laptop that are related to the songs but the songs are STILL on the list without even playing of course. I have deleted the related folder from the app...

• Hello , I have a problem with local files on Spotify. I have deleted all the music folders from my laptop that are related to the songs but the songs are STILL on the list without even playing of cou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

BUG de sons est de musique pas possible de avance ou de recule (baisser le sons ou le augmenter le

bonjour j'ai un probleme je peux pas baisser la sons sur spotify ou le monter pareil pour la musique je peux pas l'avancer de 20 s par exemple pour info je les deja desinstaller merci de m'aider

• bonjour j'ai un probleme je peux pas baisser la sons sur spotify ou le monter pareil pour la musique je peux pas l'avancer de 20 s par exemple    pour info je les deja desinstaller  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Impossible de lire l'album choisi

Bonjour, cela fait maintenant plusieurs mois que je suis inscrit sur spotify et il m'est impossible de lire les albums suivant : https://open.spotify.com/album/38y4wZCkzB7EtmTOtWGZLEhttps://open.spotify.com/album/0iifeBf5VSSDtI7RbezkIE Je suis membre...

• Bonjour, cela fait maintenant plusieurs mois que je suis inscrit sur spotify et il m'est impossible de lire les albums suivant :   https://open.spotify.com/album/38y4wZCkzB7EtmTOtWGZLE https:...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

small Desktop Notification / Overlay what song is played & change song

I changed to spotify a while ago and a few days ago I startet using the desktop app for windows as wellI am used to multitask a lot so I have various tabs and apps open at the same time and switch between those permanentlyand simultaneously listen to...

• I changed to spotify a while ago and a few days ago I startet using the desktop app for windows as well I am used to multitask a lot so I have various tabs and apps open at the same time and switch ...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • deskop
    desktop app
    Desktop notification
    notifcation
    overlay
    played song
    skip songs
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! How to clear the "Local Files" cache?

Windows desktop version. In my preferences, I'm asking Spotify to only show local files from one folder (i.e., personal MP3 files stored on my hard drive). When I view the Local Files, however, it still shows all the files from the previously enabled...

• Casual Listener
  • Windows desktop version. In my preferences, I'm asking Spotify to only show local files from one folder (i.e., personal MP3 files stored on my hard drive). When I view the Local Files, however, it st...
  • ipengsmart
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution "The Spotify application is not responding" pop up

Hi there, For a few weeks now I keep getting a "The Spotify Application is not responding"pop up as soon as Spotify launching when I turn on my computer. I don't know why because, as soon as I tab into Spotify, it's not frozen and completely accessib...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   For a few weeks now I keep getting a "The Spotify Application is not responding" pop up as soon as Spotify launching when I turn on my computer. I don't know why because, as ...
  • waggythedaddy
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

"The spotify application is not responding" Windows 10

Keep getting this error when trying to load spotify. Have uninstalled and re-installed. Same error. I have noticed a few people have had this error and Spotify has provided no fix.

• Casual Listener
  • Keep getting this error when trying to load spotify.   Have uninstalled and re-installed.   Same error.   I have noticed a few people have had this error and Spotify has provided...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I want to install the desktop app

When i try to install spotify by the setup downloaded from the site at the end of the installation there is a message "migration from.." and the app becomes the store app, but i want the desktop app.How can i do?Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • When i try to install spotify by the setup downloaded from the site at the end of the installation there is a message "migration from.." and the app becomes the store app, but i want the desktop app....
  • diopurdi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify starts up first

when I put on my PC,Spotify always starts up before anything else, very annoying! How do I stop this?

• when I put on my PC,Spotify always starts up before anything else, very annoying! How do I stop this?  
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Import Playlists

What happened to the import playlists feature on the windows desktop app?

• Casual Listener
  • What happened to the import playlists feature on the windows desktop app?
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Privacy settings revert when I close Spotify

Hi, I'm using the desktop app on Windows 10. I've disabled the option for making new playlists automatically public, but every time I re-start Spotify, this option reverts back to public. I have the same problem with the "show my current top artists"...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm using the desktop app on Windows 10. I've disabled the option for making new playlists automatically public, but every time I re-start Spotify, this option reverts back to public. I have t...
  • birchlet
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

REQUEST OPTION TO CHANGE THE THEME/APPARENCE

i pay.i want it better.i want more themes/apparences. do it.i pay for it.

• i pay. i want it better. i want more themes/apparences.   do it. i pay for it.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Graphical issue on UWP

Hi, if i scroll down from an artist page the "header" of the app and the "header" of the artist page collapse into each other Hope I was clear enoughThank you

ezgif-5-f838606c60.gif Screenshot (314)_LI.jpg
  • Hi, if i scroll down from an artist page the "header" of the app and the "header" of the artist page collapse into each other     Hope I was clear enough Thank you
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App on Windows 10 (64-bit) Does Not Allow Login

I put my computer at my job in sleep mode and came back to find that Spotify would not go out of offline mode no matter what I did. The only solution I could find is to reinstall the app; however, upon reinstallation, the app will not allow me to log...

• Casual Listener
  • I put my computer at my job in sleep mode and came back to find that Spotify would not go out of offline mode no matter what I did. The only solution I could find is to reinstall the app; however, up...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Features on Phone not the same as on Desktop

I have Spotify on my phone. It gives me the ability to brows Podcasts and also at the bottom of my playlists it recomends about 4 or 5 others songs it thinks I might like.I am NOT seeing these two options when going into Spotiry through my browser.Am...

• I have Spotify on my phone. It gives me the ability to brows Podcasts and also at the bottom of my playlists it recomends about 4 or 5 others songs it thinks I might like. I am NOT seeing these two ...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play Queue appends songs after selected album??

I will try to be brief and provide all relevant information. Using the premium service, and using the latest Windows app downloaded from the web site. I have Auto-Play turned off (ie. "Autoplay similar songs when your music ends" is unselected). When...

• Casual Listener
  • I will try to be brief and provide all relevant information. Using the premium service, and using the latest Windows app downloaded from the web site. I have Auto-Play turned off (ie. "Autoplay simil...
  • corkyduke
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Lil Peep's new album removed from spotify?

Lil Peeps's album, God is good, we love you Lil peep, is not on Spotify anymore. I don't know if its just in my country (Denmark) or if it's all over the world. Can't imagine that is all over the world because I don't see any complaints about it. Whe...

• Lil Peeps's album, God is good, we love you Lil peep, is not on Spotify anymore. I don't know if its just in my country (Denmark) or if it's all over the world. Can't imagine that is a...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I keep getting an error message 'This song is not available'

Hello, I am getting very frustrated with my issue right now. So I can't play one song on my playlist. It used to work fine, but after a while, it stopped working... It works fine if I play it on my main acct. but I wanted to play it on my second acct...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I am getting very frustrated with my issue right now. So I can't play one song on my playlist. It used to work fine, but after a while, it stopped working...   It works fine if...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes