Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • alexjamesbutler
  • 44 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 17 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • vadfasfd
  • Casual Listener
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

BLACK WINDOW SPOTIFY

This is what I get when I open spotify(Windows 7 64 bits)

• This is what I get when I open spotify (Windows 7 64 bits)
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

chanson pas disponible

bonjour, je n'arrive plus à ecouter de la musique sur mon ordinateur, cela m'affiche que la chanson n'est pas disponible. Si quelqu'un peut m'aider.

• Visitor
  • bonjour, je n'arrive plus à ecouter de la musique sur mon ordinateur, cela m'affiche que la chanson n'est pas disponible.   Si quelqu'un peut m'aider. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTIFY IS NOT WORKING

I tried downloading spotify in my PC but it doesn't work. Please help me resolve this problem. Thanks in advance.

• I tried downloading spotify in my PC but it doesn't work. Please help me resolve this problem. Thanks in advance.
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Windows 10 app not responding

Hi. I run the new Spotify Windows 10 app and everything works fine. I then close down the app, but it appears to not be stopping properly. If I then try to run the app again it waits for 30 seconds and then I get a "The Spotify application is not res...

• Hi.   I run the new Spotify Windows 10 app and everything works fine.   I then close down the app, but it appears to not be stopping properly. If I then try to run the app again it wait...
  • lucasnask
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading podcasts on Windows desktop?

Hi,I find Spotify to be by far the best app to listen to podcasts, especially since I use the app a lot. I am trying to listen to them on desktop lately, and it seems like there's no option to donwload them. I always have all my playlists downloaded ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I find Spotify to be by far the best app to listen to podcasts, especially since I use the app a lot. I am trying to listen to them on desktop lately, and it seems like there's no option to donw...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Songs not grayed out, but still not available

I'm having an issue that I've been having since trying to play the new The 1975 single "Milk". It wasn't grayed out, but it said it was not abailable. I thought it must just not be available in my country for some reason, but then I tried to play ano...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having an issue that I've been having since trying to play the new The 1975 single "Milk". It wasn't grayed out, but it said it was not abailable. I thought it must just not be available in my co...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Problem when opening program on Windows 10

Hey guys, Always when opening spotify windows 10 crashes and need to force rebootany suggestion of what can be and how to solve?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys,    Always when opening spotify windows 10 crashes and need to force reboot any suggestion of what can be and how to solve?
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Musica não toca normal

Sou premium mas quando toco spotify pelo computador as musicas começam tocando normal mas depois de um tempo ficam "soluçando"

• Sou premium mas quando toco spotify pelo computador as musicas começam tocando normal mas depois de um tempo ficam "soluçando"
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Automatic Cover download / export

Hi, I know that it's possible to download the song information like there: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Export-Playlist-Backup/td-p/369752 But I would like to download all cover art as well. I know its possible ma...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I know that it's possible to download the song information like there: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Export-Playlist-Backup/td-p/369752 But I would like to dow...
  • lisaluisadddddd
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! how do i use my bose soundtouch with spotify

Hi can anybody give me pretty simple instructions/guiddance as to how i can play spotify directly through my bose soundtouch 30?? any help gratefully appreciated thanks

• Hi   can anybody give me pretty simple instructions/guiddance as to how i can play spotify directly through my bose soundtouch 30??   any help gratefully appreciated   than...
  • mike146
  • 55 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 55 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How to disable Find Friend tab

Hello Lately there is a Find Friends tab began to show up on my right panel. I do not want to follow or add anybody. How can I get rid of that useless panel permanently? I even disabled Facebook but it is still there. Thanks

• Visitor
  • Hello   Lately there is a Find Friends tab began to show up on my right panel. I do not want to follow or add anybody. How can I get rid of that useless panel permanently? I even disabled Fa...
  • cdrenth55
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes

Adding Songs to the Play Queue by double clicking

Hey there, I have no idea if I'm wrong posting it here, if so I'm sorry, but I'll just go right at it:I'm throwing a Party soon and with the use of alcohol some people might not be 100% able to rightclick a song and put it into the Play Queue, my que...

• Hey there, I have no idea if I'm wrong posting it here, if so I'm sorry, but I'll just go right at it: I'm throwing a Party soon and with the use of alcohol some people might not be 100% able to rig...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

No puedo descargar mis archivos locales

Ayuda cada que añado algún archivo local a mi cuenta esta misma no la descarga, no puedo ni descargarla en mi Android, alguien que tenga la solución

• Ayuda cada que añado algún archivo local a mi cuenta esta misma no la descarga, no puedo ni descargarla en mi Android, alguien que tenga la solución 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Open Spotify Not Working

Clicking the play button does nothing. Tried different browsers and two different PCs, so I assume this problem is on Spotify's end. Can I get a status report?

• Visitor
  • Clicking the play button does nothing. Tried different browsers and two different PCs, so I assume this problem is on Spotify's end. Can I get a status report?
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Not Sure What To Do ?

I also just became a new 30 day free-premium member and the whole reason that I agreed to this was with the goal of dowloading music to my computer and then to my flashdrive so I can loaded on to my DJ laptop.  So just to clarify...you are saying t...

• Casual Listener
  • I also just became a new 30 day free-premium member and the whole reason that I agreed to this was with the goal of dowloading music to my computer and then to my flashdrive so I can loaded on to my ...
  • imattolo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No activity visible on Facebook

Dear Sirs, This is my first post in the community section, so first of all I would like to admit, that I am a great fan of the Spotify application and the system as a whole. At first I was totally sceptical about the idea of music streaming but once ...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Sirs,   This is my first post in the community section, so first of all I would like to admit, that I am a great fan of the Spotify application and the system as a whole. At first I was t...
  • Plastikk
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

CÓDIGO ERROR 13 en Windows 10

Buenas, llevo casi un mes intentando instalar spotify en windows 10 y siempre me sale el dichoso error CODE 13.He probado todo tipo de soluciones, las que veo por aquí, las que me recomiendan desde la cuenta de ayuda de twitter en españa, etc. Ningun...

• Buenas, llevo casi un mes intentando instalar spotify en windows 10 y siempre me sale el dichoso error CODE 13. He probado todo tipo de soluciones, las que veo por aquí, las que me recomiendan desde...
  • ggemmeta98
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover weekly not updating!

My discover weekly play list has not updated in over three months. I've tried logging out and back in, updating spotify, following and unfollowing and a few other things I've seen on google.

• My discover weekly play list has not updated in over three months. I've tried logging out and back in, updating spotify, following and unfollowing and a few other things I've seen on google. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Pure disappointment and lack of care for your customers

Having been using Spotify since mid 2010 (while it was still invitational), today I feel nothing but pure disappointment because of how much potential has been thrown down the drain. I've read loads of great suggestions here and there over the years ...

• Visitor
  • ...laylists (when you used to be able to) Cannot make people unfollow a playlist (forcing people to make new ones) No icon to indicate clearly whether your playlist is public or private Zooming out t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Smartphone and Desktop

Everytime i login in with my smartphone and want to switch songs or somthing my smartphone turn off but when i got mobile datas on it works normal only in the wifi there is that problem

•  Everytime i login in with my smartphone and want to switch songs  or somthing my smartphone turn off but when i got mobile datas on it works normal only in the wifi there is that problem
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes