Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
1WaywardSon1

The problem here is most of the podcasts are about the controversial stuff we already hear and endure in our everday life. I come Spotify to get away from all the bs I have to think about only to see the same topic is right on top of my homepage and I can't do anything to remove it.

Can't you see the frustration you're causing on us?

Give my safe haven back to me and let me enjoy my music in peace!

Option to Delete A Playlist(Genre) From Home Screen.

naery

I don't like podcasts. I'm not a podcast person. I pay for Spotify premium every month because I like music. I do not like podcasts. I tried, but I'm just not interested. Let me toggle this off. It's extremely frustrating. 

neanda

Sadly everyone, Spotify are now being run by their investors.  When the suits swoop in, the music industry gets corrupted by the people who don't care about the music, only about the returns.  Read about the very sad story about the song Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve (it got robbed from them, in a very twisted way).

Spotify was ground breaking at the beginning, and for a long while, but this podcast debacle just shows that the original founders have no control over its future, or its roots, and the new workers, like Jeremy, couldn't care less.

Any music lover knows that podcasts are not music, they're just 30 minutes of a non-musician person wanting the limelight.  Thinking they have something to say because they've bought an expensive microphone, and paid a fiverr for a podcast cover design.  

Yet, the Spotify suits want to ram podcasts down our throats in order to make sense of the exorbitant fees they paid for exclusive licenses to people like Joe Rogen, the Duke and Duchess, et al.   

This has been going on for years, and there's thousands of votes, but they will keep saying Not Right Now.  It's really quite sickening to see this happen, I was one of the early users back when it was still a beta, and it rocked the boat and broke new ground.  Now they're just towing the corporate line.  It's time to jump ship, sadly.

sidambhire

Disappointed that this very important idea is marked as "not right now". Maybe religious people should start seeing things about atheism then they'll think that is important. Are you promoting religion of the majority by showing things about religion? Are you promoting pseudoscience by showing things about "daily horoscope"?

1WaywardSon1

Everyone please voice your opinion in this discussion as well to pressure the devs. Linked "idea" is not labeled as "not right now" like this one has...

bv28

It is extremely frustrating that this issue gets so many complaints, and still nothing is done about it. It should be an easy thing to solve (in fact, it was just fine a while ago). Like so many, I am not interested in "comedy" or podcasts on spotify.

emunahrose
confused by this response. i want to be able to remove the podcast with arrow section. it is esthetically displeasing.
at the very lest could i move it to the bottom of my screen?
iririr

There's another active thread on removing podcasts from the start screen here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Podcasts-Option-to-disable-or-hide-podcast...

That thread is live and counting votes. Please make some noise over there, too.

Mikhail94

I have similar problem. Can't delete my already deleted playlist from home page: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Desktop-Web-Can-t-delete-playlist-from-home-page/td...