Free

Country

United Kingdom

Device

iPhone 11 

Operating System

iOS 14.3

My Question or Issue

This problem has been ongoing for a while so I’m not listening to much music anymore because of this.

Basically, whenever I’m trying to listen to the songs in my playlists, Spotify will randomly stop the music, and it will not show in the control centre or on the locked screen. The only way to resume listening it to open the app and press play. However it doesn’t continue where it left off, it will play the song from the beginning, which is really annoying. 

I’ve tried clearing cache, restarting the app, reinstalled the app, restarting my phone, etc. But nothing has seemed to fix this. It happens with my phone only, not on any of my other devices. I’m at a loss on what I can do to fix this, any solution would be appreciated.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

The right folks have been looking into this continuously and regrettably weren't able to reproduce this behavior. Even for the long duration this issue was open, the total number of reports include a variety of devices and app versions, but have not been as substantial in the grand scheme of things.

This points to a sporadic nature of the issue and makes it difficult to find a direct cause. Based on the data gathered so far, the root cause of such experiences can range from network issues, to other apps taking over audio priority and the OS itself stopping the app when it might try to save battery.

So without being able to identify a specific cause, we'll need to set this to NRN. We recommend excluding Spotify from any battery saving toggles as a first troubleshooting step.

Besides that we'll continue to optimize the app to hopefully reduce the instances of this occurring. We'll also continue monitoring this thread for anything that might help us identify a specific cause and correlation between the cases.

Take care!

Comments
jovelroystan

It’s insane that, 8 months later, this is still happening. The app team should be embarrassed.

siha

Plan

Premium

Country

Middle East

Device

iPhone 12

Operating System

iOS 14.7.1

My Question/issue

Spotify stops playing music seconds after I have closed my screen and this usually happens when I am connected to CarPlay, it has been ongoing for over a month now but after trying all the steps it goes back to normal and starts up again.

Other than that I have noticed that a lot of my liked songs keep getting unliked but they are still in my other playlists, I have no idea what to do anymore.

Thanks!

Draven1

I'm also having this issue on my IPhone XR and my desktop as well. Considering I JUST bought premium again this is extremely annoying.

Howse2708

I am having the issue. The song plays for about 50 seconds then pauses/stops. Once I reopen the app if I press play the song starts again from the beginning. 
This is while I am playing downloaded songs while offline. If I turn data on or am connected to WiFi it works fine.

I have tried resetting my phone, deleting app/reinstalling, all permissions on, app refresh on.  Apple iPhone XR iOS 14.7.1
Spotify 8.6.58.1030

PLEASE HELP

miaemk

I've been having the same issue for about a month and a half now. For me, this happens when I try to play music connected to a Bluetooth device while offline. 

iPhone 11, iOS 14.7.1, Spotify version 8.6.60.1313

I've completed all of the troubleshooting steps; full deleted and redownloaded the app multiple times, my Spotify is up to date, my phone doesn't have any other problems. 

Howse2708

For me it also seems to happen only when i’m offline. But it happens whether i’m connected to a Bluetooth device or not

Serialkvetcher

Hi, piling on, I’m facing the same issue.

spotify app version: 8.6.62.1035

plan: premium family

OS version: iOS 15.0 (stable release)

device: iPhone X

region: India

The app runs for a few minutes via airplay (connected with my HomePod mini) or Bluetooth (Sony wireless earbuds) and then dies. Usually happens at the 5 mins mark, sometimes a little more.

I haven’t faced this issue until this particular app version. Hope to see a patch soon team.

Mandisa

Same issue on iPhone 6s Plus with the latest software. It started this year.
Maybe about 3 months ago and it's **bleep** frustrating.

I don't want to use Apple Music, so PLEASE sort it out soon???

kindrusz

Hey I have the same issue but only on iPhone 13 pro on 11 pro it worked fine. 

I have updated the app and the phone to the latest version but it didn’t helped.  

johndonut

i stumbled on this thread in desperation.

i have been dealing with spotify support about this problem for a week. i've performed all the suggestions multiple times and i still can't stream music on my iphone or ipad. every other app i have loaded on my iphone and ipad work fine.

still support keeps making all the same suggestions, even after i tell them it's not working. to think that some folks have been dealing with this issue for months doesn't give me much hope for retaining spotify.

i'm extremely disappointed in spotify supports' handling of this issue, maybe a clean reinstall works 90% of the time, but there should be another level of support for that other 10% of the time it doesn't.

also, one last thing, many of the suggestions require a reconfiguration of apple's default ios that might have an impact on the operation of other apps, is this what someone needs to do to stream spotify?