Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Local Files don't show on iPhone

My local files work on my Mac app, but when I go to local files on the iPhone app is says "Local files are currently empty". I have Premium and the Mac and iPhone are on the same wifi network. So how do I get my local files to show up on my iPhone?

• Visitor
  • My local files work on my Mac app, but when I go to local files on the iPhone app is says "Local files are currently empty".   I have Premium and the Mac and iPhone are on the same wifi networ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

only four options?

When I open the options on the left, it only gives me four options to choose from, Search, Browse, Radio, and Your music. With my last phone I didn't have this problem and I remember a lot more than four options. Is there supposed to be more?

• When I open the options on the left, it only gives me four options to choose from, Search, Browse, Radio, and Your music. With my last phone I didn't have this problem and I remember a lot more than ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops and start numbers automatically

My spotify stops numbers and start new ones on its own. KPN phone abonnement. Common problem? How to solve?

• My spotify stops numbers and start new ones on its own. KPN phone abonnement. Common problem? How to solve?
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App won't stay open longer than 5 seconds before crashing

I just downloaded the app, signed in and less than 5 seconds later the app closes down completely. I did see an alert that says my 48 hour trial was starting... but I can't use the app. Can you please help?

• Casual Listener
  • I just downloaded the app, signed in and less than 5 seconds later the app closes down completely. I did see an alert that says my 48 hour trial was starting... but I can't use the app. Can you pleas...
  • Litome
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Still push message from shows not following any more

Hi, I am still getting push notifications from a show I am not following any more. That's pretty annoying as the show releases a new episode once an hour. Regards,olmkram

• Hi,   I am still getting push notifications from a show I am not following any more. That's pretty annoying as the show releases a new episode once an hour.   Regards, olmkram
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify in Airplane Mode Issue

Hi, I currently have a premium subscription for Spotify and a playlist of mine is checked for offline availability and every song is sycned in said playlist. Since I listen to Spotify in my car and at college, I tend to not have a celluar connection,...

• Hi, I currently have a premium subscription for Spotify and a playlist of mine is checked for offline availability and every song is sycned in said playlist. Since I listen to Spotify in my car and a...
  • driveflanger
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists disappeared from iOS app

I edited a couple playlists on my phone then shortly after created a couple on my computer. I didn't realise but the Internet was dodgy and they hadn't synced over this process.Shortly after my playlists disappeared from both devices and have only re...

• ...ble to access and play my public playlists by going into my account and accessing the playlists there but it's been 24 hours and the playlists still aren't showing in my music.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Glitch
    iphone
    lost playlist
    my music
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sign in trouble

I am having trouble signing into my spotify app. I am operating on an iPhone 5s. When I go to login it says this email has already been used to create an account. I can login to my spotify on my safari browser etc. but I can't through the app. Very f...

• I am having trouble signing into my spotify app. I am operating on an iPhone 5s. When I go to login it says this email has already been used to create an account. I can login to my spotify on my safa...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do i delete recent played music on iphone?

Hello,How do i delete recent played music on iphone?Now i can do that but one for one, i want them all gone how do i do that?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, How do i delete recent played music on iphone? Now i can do that but one for one, i want them all gone how do i do that?
  • st18
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music won't play at all

I on Premium on iPhone 6 and the app has been working fine so far until a few days ago when it would only play half way though the song and then stop. Now, it won't play the song at all. The play/pause button shows as if the song is playing, but the ...

• Casual Listener
  • I on Premium on iPhone 6 and the app has been working fine so far until a few days ago when it would only play half way though the song and then stop. Now, it won't play the song at all. The play/pau...
  • KadriK
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files on desktop not showing up on iPhone 6s

For some reason (past week or so) my iPhone hasn't been displaying my local files from my desktop, all it displays is this message:"Local files is currently empty, install spotify on your computer to add and play songs from your local library"But eve...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason (past week or so) my iPhone hasn't been displaying my local files from my desktop, all it displays is this message: "Local files is currently empty, install spotify on your compute...
  • Dreadstyle
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Collection sync function

It appears to me that the collections do not sync automatically. When I add a song to my collection on my iPhone, it does not appear on my iPad. I have to close the program on my iPad, and then reopen it, to be able to see the new songs. I understand...

• Gig Goer
  •  It appears to me that the collections do not sync automatically. When I add a song to my collection on my iPhone, it does not appear on my iPad. I have to close the program on my iPad, and then...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't get Premium

When I put in my CC info it tells my my zip code does not match. So I looked and Spotify shows I'm from Canada and I live in Southern California. I tried to change it from Canada to USA but all it has to choose from is Canada won't let me change it. ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I put in my CC info it tells my my zip code does not match. So I looked and Spotify shows I'm from Canada and I live in Southern California. I tried to change it from Canada to USA but all it ha...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops after playing for about a minute

Hi there!unfortunately the songs i want to listen to on my i phone are stopping after playing for about a minute.It doesn´t matter if i´m online or offline.reinstalling the app is not improving the situation.any idea what i can do?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there! unfortunately the songs i want to listen to on my i phone are stopping after playing for about a minute. It doesn´t matter if i´m online or offline. reinstalling the app is not improving...
  • steffipodlich
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Order is Reversed

Hello, I know this has been posted and asked about time and time again, but cannot find a proper solution to the following issue in the latest version of Spotify on iOS... Ever since I had a whole ordeal with me trying to change my Premium from stand...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   I know this has been posted and asked about time and time again, but cannot find a proper solution to the following issue in the latest version of Spotify on iOS...   Ever sinc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

extremely slow downloads to offline sync iphone. some songs not downloading

looked at dozens of old threads seems to be very old issue can't find clear solution iphone 4s if the screen turns off (because it literally takes 10 minutes to sync one song) the "loading" star icon becomes a grey arrow and the track gets skipped (s...

• looked at dozens of old threads   seems to be very old issue   can't find clear solution    iphone 4s   if the screen turns off (because it literally takes 10 minutes...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify's UI is getting in my way. Help?

Every time I use Spotify I get so unbelievably frusterated at the absolutely backwards UI. This post is seeking help on specific issues, but I would also feel better just knowing some of my perpetual frusterations when I use this service are shared b...

• Every time I use Spotify I get so unbelievably frusterated at the absolutely backwards UI. This post is seeking help on specific issues, but I would also feel better just knowing some of my perpetual...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! share a playlist between PC and iPhone

Hello:I want to build a playlist on my PC and then access that playlist on my iPhone and play it offline. Is that possible with Spotify premium? Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello: I want to build a playlist on my PC and then access that playlist on my iPhone and play it offline. Is that possible with Spotify premium? Thanks.
  • ctm2
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I CANT LOG IN!!

I just paid my first month, and I try to log in in the app on my Iphone 6.I used the same account name and the same password as I do Online even do it says that I did wrong.I tried many times and im pretty sure that I doing it right, also I turn down...

•  I just paid my first month, and I try to log in in the app on my Iphone 6. I used the same account name and the same password as I do Online even do it says that I did wrong. I tried many tim...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to find Playlists created by Spotify?

This use to be very easy but after all the updates it became harder and the app quality has suffered in my opinion. I am referring to playlists created specifically by Spotify. Like I said it use to be very easy now it seems impossible.

• Visitor
  • This use to be very easy but after all the updates it became harder and the app quality has suffered in my opinion. I am referring to playlists created specifically by Spotify. Like I said it use to ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes