Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Where does the download go on iPhone

Hi there, just wondering if anyone can tell where does the music I download for listening offline go on my iPhone? Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, just wondering if anyone can tell where does the music I download for listening offline go on my iPhone? Thanks.
  • pano58us
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Running IOS

Hi, in my app i cant see the running option.Wherenis this option?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, in my app i cant see the running option. Wherenis this option?
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue when dee teeing already open app in the background

Hi,if I start listening to say the UK chart in the morning I can browse up and down the chart list without issue.When I say start to browse music else where but decide to stick with the chart I am currently in I decide to click on the ribbon at the b...

• Hi,if I start listening to say the UK chart in the morning I can browse up and down the chart list without issue.When I say start to browse music else where but decide to stick with the chart I am cu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle epecially in long playlists not working properly

Especially in long playlists shuffle is repeating songs often and for example: 150 songs in a playlist only 30-40 are shuffled and repeated...

• Especially in long playlists shuffle is repeating songs often and for example: 150 songs in a playlist only 30-40 are shuffled and repeated...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Latest update has frozen my spotify app

Hi there, I need help please. The latest app update has frozen spotify on my iphone. The symbal remains grey with 2/3 of it loaded and it never ever completes. I can't even delete the app to reinstall it. I have never had any problems with it before ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I need help please. The latest app update has frozen spotify on my iphone. The symbal remains grey with 2/3 of it loaded and it never ever completes. I can't even delete the app to reinstal...
  • pv99
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing Notifications when followers update their playlists

Hello, I have looked at all and every possible notification setting on my iPhone, iPad and Mac. When followers update a playlist by adding songs, I get the number of updates on my Mac, but get no notifications that it happened. The only notification ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have looked at all and every possible notification setting on my iPhone, iPad and Mac.   When followers update a playlist by adding songs, I get the number of updates on ...
  • rokeras
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

No access to spotify party/DJ

Hi all, I've seen the new party mode, but for some unknown reason am unable to access it. First off; I'm running the latest version of iOS 9.2.1 and spotify 4.70.985 When I go to browse, party i do not have the party lists with the auto DJ, only the ...

• Hi all,   I've seen the new party mode, but for some unknown reason am unable to access it.   First off; I'm running the latest version of iOS 9.2.1 and spotify 4.70.985   When I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect button is lost

I cant find the Connect Button on my iPhone. Auf deutsch: Ich kann den Connect Knopf nicht mehr finden um die musik auf anderen Geräten abzuspielen. Früher ging das über das Lautsprecher Symbol nur das wurde leider entfernt.

• I cant find the Connect Button on my iPhone.   Auf deutsch: Ich kann den Connect Knopf nicht mehr finden um die musik auf anderen Geräten abzuspielen. Früher ging das über das Lautsprecher Sym...
  • driveflanger
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Browse on ipad not working

Hi all. We used to be able to use the browse feature on the ipad but it doesn't work now. We have premium membership. It still works on our iPhones but not the ipad. We have version 0.9.2.7many thanks CBSpoiler (Highlight to read)

• Visitor
  • Hi all. We used to be able to use the browse feature on the ipad but it doesn't work now.    We have premium membership. It still works on our iPhones but not the ipad. We have version 0....
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't see volume slider on iphone for other devices

I am controling my iPAD remotely from my iPhone app and the volume slider is gone since I did the latest update. Is there a setting to put it back? When I click on the iPhone device, it appears; when I click on the iPAD device it disappears.

• I am controling my iPAD remotely from my iPhone app and the volume slider is gone since I did the latest update.  Is there a setting to put it back?     When I click on the i...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Saving a song leads to app crash

As of about two-three weeks ago, at least once per listening session, when I try to save a song, it leads to the app crashing. The crash isn't instantaneous however, usually waiting 30 seconds to a minute, stalling/skipping mid-song, then crashing. W...

• Casual Listener
  • As of about two-three weeks ago, at least once per listening session, when I try to save a song, it leads to the app crashing. The crash isn't instantaneous however, usually waiting 30 seconds to a m...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • saving music
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading Stopped

HI, I had to reset my phone and had to re-install Spotify. I had offline songs downloaded before but when I tried re-downloading them, it stops after the 4th song. Can someone enlighten me as to what I'm missing here? This is sole reason why I signed...

• HI, I had to reset my phone and had to re-install Spotify. I had offline songs downloaded before but when I tried re-downloading them, it stops after the 4th song. Can someone enlighten me as to what...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files not being synced to my iPhone

I have MP3 files that I downloaded onto my computer and put into a file on my desktop so that I can listen to them in the Local Files tab or when I put them into a playlist on my computer, no problem. I want these MP3 songs, that are physically on my...

• Casual Listener
  • I have MP3 files that I downloaded onto my computer and put into a file on my desktop so that I can listen to them in the Local Files tab or when I put them into a playlist o...
  • fauxamoeba
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't save any music with Premium account

Hi,I have a Premium account and suddenly i can't save any more music even if the WiFi is on and the phone is charging. A few days ago i had no problem saving some music, when i plugged the phone to the charging cable, the saving bar appeared so i cou...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a Premium account and suddenly i can't save any more music even if the WiFi is on and the phone is charging. A few days ago i had no problem saving some music, when i plugged the phone to...
  • Reuben_Jones
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Nothing on my iPhone 5s is playing

I pay for premium spotify and in the last week and a half, nearly everything has stopped working!- Songs are not playing. I will click on them and they just simply will not play, whether they were offline or online (at this point i deleted and re-dow...

• Casual Listener
  • I pay for premium spotify and in the last week and a half, nearly everything has stopped working! - Songs are not playing. I will click on them and they just simply will not play, whether they were ...
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant Use Spotify at All

I used to have premium, now I don't. Spotify doesn't work on my iPad or Windows laptop. If I try to select a song to listen to, it skips through all of them and then lands on one. If I select a different song, it does the same thing. If I hit shuffle...

• Casual Listener
  • I used to have premium, now I don't. Spotify doesn't work on my iPad or Windows laptop. If I try to select a song to listen to, it skips through all of them and then lands on one. If I select a diffe...
  • evanjmerc
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't download anymore

Hi everyone, I've been using Spotify for quite a while now and never had any problems with it. Since a few days however, Spotify doesn't want to download anymore. It keeps starting the download but then cancels it soon after. I'm using an iPhone 6 an...

• Hi everyone,   I've been using Spotify for quite a while now and never had any problems with it. Since a few days however, Spotify doesn't want to download anymore. It keeps starting the downl...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Maximum Devices Reached - Error

I want to be able to listen "offline" when I'm in the Mountains boarding. I have never had a premium account, so i got one and I want to do the trial for my next trip coming soon. I am currently premium and when I go to select "my songs" - available ...

Unknown.png
  • Regular
  • I want to be able to listen "offline" when I'm in the Mountains boarding. I have never had a premium account, so i got one and I want to do the trial for my next trip coming soon.   I am curre...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to delete Connect Devices from List?

For some reason i have several Coonect Devices listet on my iphone and ipad which are not available nor ever been. Some devices are doubled.I have 3 Connect devices. Kitchen, Bureau and Sleeping Room.But in the list are: Kitchen (2 Times), Bureau (2 ...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason i have several Coonect Devices listet on my iphone and ipad which are not available nor ever been. Some devices are doubled. I have 3 Connect devices. Kitchen, Bureau and Sleeping Ro...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlist

I keep getting this message You can download to a maximum of three devices. As you've already reached this number" But When go into my account under "offline devices" it says I don't have any there so why can't I download my playlist offline?Spoiler ...

• I keep getting this message You can download to a maximum of three devices. As you've already reached this number" But When go into my account under "offline devices" it says I don't have any there s...
  • woodyrox31
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes