Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Using my account

When I try to play music through the app on my iPhone 6 it stops and says it's being used on another device, when I do not have it signed in on any other device. I just changed the password but that didn't help. Can someone tell me what to do? Thanks...

• When I try to play music through the app on my iPhone 6 it stops and says it's being used on another device, when I do not have it signed in on any other device. I just changed the password but that ...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not syncing to offline mode

I have read up on this issue, and I have over 20gb free memory and am nowhere near 3,000 song, but it has stopped downloading songs

• I have read up on this issue, and I have over 20gb free memory and am nowhere near 3,000 song, but it has stopped downloading songs
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't sync music - no matter what (ios)

It happens again and again, that spotify just doesn't sync music anymore. It doesn't matter what i do, restart the app, restart the phone, restart both, reset the network settings. NOTHING WORKS.This is really *swearword* annoying, since i don't have...

• Casual Listener
  • It happens again and again, that spotify just doesn't sync music anymore. It doesn't matter what i do, restart the app, restart the phone, restart both, reset the network settings. NOTHING WORKS. Th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ Look Different?

Wife has the iPhone 6 and I have the Plus. On hers, she has a Now option and an option for Shows. I don't seem to have that on my iPhone 6+ Is this normal or is anyone else seeing this?

• Music Fan
  • Wife has the iPhone 6 and I have the Plus.   On hers, she has a Now option and an option for Shows.   I don't seem to have that on my iPhone 6+   Is this normal or is anyone else...
  • RatBoyGL
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to follow Facebook friends

I just downloaded the app and signed in using my Facebook account. When I go to find friends, I can see my Facebook friend list but I cannot follow any of them. The follow all button doesn't seem to respond and even following people individually does...

• I just downloaded the app and signed in using my Facebook account. When I go to find friends, I can see my Facebook friend list but I cannot follow any of them. The follow all button doesn't seem to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone not showing up on computer

I usel to be able to sync my local files to my iPhone. Then something happend months ago, and my local files were gone. Now you no longer can connect via cable, why? Now it's only possible connecting The computer and iPhone to The same wi-fi, which i...

• I usel to be able to sync my local files to my iPhone. Then something happend months ago, and my local files were gone. Now you no longer can connect via cable, why? Now it's only possible connecting...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio Won't Work

I am running the newest version of Spotify and android OS and the radio has refused to work for the last 3 weeks. I am a premium member, I've installed the Spotify app and reinstalled it multiple times and nothing has fixed this. Pretty disappointed ...

• I am running the newest version of Spotify and android OS and the radio has refused to work for the last 3 weeks. I am a premium member, I've installed the Spotify app and reinstalled it multiple tim...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify offline even when connected to wifi

I am unable to connect to Spotify with my iPhone w iOS 9 even when connected to wifi. I can connect when just using my cellular data. Any ideas? Spotify settings-playback - offline mode is OFF per website help.

• Casual Listener
  • I am unable to connect to Spotify with my iPhone w iOS 9 even when connected to wifi. I can connect when just using my cellular data. Any ideas? Spotify settings-playback - offline mode is OFF per we...
  • jarppii_
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone app (iphone 6S ios 9.1) camera kills Spotify

Hi, Spotify dieds when using the camera (native or Instagram) is this a Spotify bug or iOS bug??

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    Spotify dieds when using the camera (native or Instagram) is this a Spotify bug or iOS bug?? 
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline button doesn't appear

I just got a new phone (iphone 6) and now my offline button does not appear when I listen to different playlists.

• I just got a new phone (iphone 6) and now my offline button does not appear when I listen to different playlists. 
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I need help subscribing with iTunes

I am trying to subscribe through the 99 cents for 3 months deal, and whenever I tap upgrade on my phone it still says that it will cost $12.99 I am currently only able to subscribe using my iTunes gift card that I have. BOTTOME LINE: How can I take a...

• I am trying to subscribe through the 99 cents for 3 months deal, and whenever I tap upgrade on my phone it still says that it will cost $12.99 I am currently only able to subscribe using my iTunes gi...
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Thumbs up/down connected to Soundtouch

The thumbs up/down buttons are grayed out and inaccessible once I connect to my Bose Soundtouch. Why? Its a pain in the ass.

• The thumbs up/down buttons are grayed out and inaccessible once I connect to my Bose Soundtouch.  Why?  Its a pain in the ass.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My iPhone Won't Connect To My Mac Spotify

I've followed so many community instructions but no matter what I do I cannot get my iPhone to show up in the Devices section of my spotify and I'm not able to put any local files on my phone. Please help!

• I've followed so many community instructions but no matter what I do I cannot get my iPhone to show up in the Devices section of my spotify and I'm not able to put any local files on my phone. Please...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

track unavailable

Why would some of my songs become unavailabe on on my iphone, while here I am listening to them on spotify through the desktop client? As an example, I have been listening to Aimee Mann's "Video" and "Guys Like Me" for a week or so on the iphone flaw...

• Why would some of my songs become unavailabe on on my iphone, while here I am listening to them on spotify through the desktop client?   As an example, I have been listening to Aimee Mann's ...
  • duncanreid-us
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PREMIUM USER - NOW NOT THE CASE SINCE CONTRACT UPGRADE

Ok, hope you can help (awaiting spotify response) Me and my Wife have SPOTIFY PREMIUM and have done for ages now and been paying the monthly amount, no issues. We upgraded last Friday to new handsets and have since gone to use SPOTIFY again and now n...

• Ok, hope you can help (awaiting spotify response)   Me and my Wife have SPOTIFY PREMIUM and have done for ages now and been paying the monthly amount, no issues. We upgraded last Friday to new...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Newest update kills local file sync.

Spotify Version: 2.1.0.2676Account: PremiumiOS: 8.1.1iPhone: 5SMac Desktop OS: Yosemite 10.10.1Updated to the latest Spotify version yesterday. It removed all of my locally synced music (the tracks not available on Spotify, like AC/DC and Tool). Now ...

• Gig Goer
  • Spotify Version: 2.1.0.2676 Account: Premium iOS: 8.1.1 iPhone: 5S Mac Desktop OS: Yosemite 10.10.1 Updated to the latest Spotify version yesterday. It removed all of my locally synced music ...
  • suito
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Unable to login

I'm unable to login on my Ios device and on the app on mac OSX. I have a premium acount and I'm able to login on the website.

• Casual Listener
  • I'm unable to login on my Ios device and on the app on mac OSX. I have a premium acount and I'm able to login on the website. 
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Imported playlist stuck waiting to download?

Where were your local files downloaded from? I went through this last night, easy fix if you know what to look for. It's not Spotify, your software or storage. I'm thinking if your local files weren't downloaded from a trusted, verified source, you w...

• Casual Listener
  • Where were your local files downloaded from? I went through this last night, easy fix if you know what to look for. It's not Spotify, your software or storage. I'm thinking if your local files weren'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Understanding offline playlists

Hi, I've made a playlist and enabled available offline. After syncing/downloading some songs have the green arrow, some songs doesn't, some songs are grayed out and the playlist says waiting to download. I've re-installed the app and nothing's change...

IMG_0634.jpg
  • Composer
  • Hi,   I've made a playlist and enabled available offline. After syncing/downloading some songs have the green arrow, some songs doesn't, some songs are grayed out and the playlist says waiting...
  • Dasiaw419
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Randomly pausing

I'm wondering if anyone can help me.Everytime I put my phone (iPhone 6) in my pocket whilst Spotify is playing (through headphones) it randomly pauses and skips. It's so annoying, my phone is locked when it happens so I can't think of what it can be....

• I'm wondering if anyone can help me. Everytime I put my phone (iPhone 6) in my pocket whilst Spotify is playing (through headphones) it randomly pauses and skips. It's so annoying, my phone is locke...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes