Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify won't connect to the internet [iPad Mini]

On my iPad, Spotify won't connect to the internet even though I have a working internet connecting and I can even play online games, do social networking on my iPad, except for Spotify. Spotify on my laptop and Android device can connect to the inter...

• Visitor
  • On my iPad, Spotify won't connect to the internet even though I have a working internet connecting and I can even play online games, do social networking on my iPad, except for Spotify. Spotify on my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • connecting
    internet
    iOS
    problem
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Two subscriptions

So I recently got my facebook back, which last 3 months long. with that, i lost my spotify account. I got back my spotify, but my subscription had ended. so I got the student premium sub, I was trying to open spotify on my phone and use the same info...

• So I recently got my facebook back, which last 3 months long. with that, i lost my spotify account. I got back my spotify, but my subscription had ended. so I got the student premium sub, I was tryin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Black Screen

Hello, My spotify App on my phone will open, however when it does open, it just goes to a highlighted black screen. I have deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled, however the problem is persistant. I am unable to use the app at this point and ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   My spotify App on my phone will open, however when it does open, it just goes to a highlighted black screen. I have deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled, however the problem ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist disappears with 3G connection.

Hi, So, not sure if this is a feature or a fault to be honest. However, I have recently encountered a frustrating problem. I should preface this by saying, I know that there are ways to avoid this problem, I just think it shouldn't be engineered this...

• Hi,    So, not sure if this is a feature or a fault to be honest.    However, I have recently encountered a frustrating problem. I should preface this by saying, I know that t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Using all my memory

I have somehow downloaded all of my playlist and used all of my phone memory. How can I set it back to only play when I am online

• Casual Listener
  • I have somehow downloaded all of my playlist and used all of my phone memory. How can I set it back to only play when I am online
  • Joyk
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

missing playlists

so hard to get to email for tec support. having the same problems is always have with my i phone 4 and spotify. i sign in and for some reason on my iphone none of my music or playlist want to show up. sign in on my ipad andu fine, but all playlists m...

• Regular
  • so hard to get to email for tec support.  having the same problems is always have with my i phone 4 and spotify.   i sign in and for some reason on my iphone none of my music or playlist ...
  • ollesdotter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

My iPhone app won't download songs to offline anymore.

It has worked great for the year+ that I've had premium, and now it's just stuck in this loop. I save an album or song and the download symbol turns grey and says waiting to download but never does, or it goes red. I've just about everything that I c...

• It has worked great for the year+ that I've had premium, and now it's just stuck in this loop. I save an album or song and the download symbol turns grey and says waiting to download but never d...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Help!

I have premium on my computer but cannot get the app on my iphone to recognize the upgrade. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app multiple times and still nothing. I am so frustrated what do i do?

• I have premium on my computer but cannot get the app on my iphone to recognize the upgrade. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app multiple times and still nothing. I am so frustrated what do i...
  • cristinamunoz
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Does a Spotify Connect Receiver on a USB stick exist?

Hello, I have a pair of Quad 9L powered speakers with built in dac.There is a usb input on the speaker for use with digital audi in (like from an amp or pc).There is also a 3.5mm jack for analogue in on the speaker too. Ideally, I would like to plug ...

• Hello,   I have a pair of Quad 9L powered speakers with built in dac. There is a usb input on the speaker for use with digital audi in (like from an amp or pc). There is also a 3.5mm jack fo...
  • driveflanger
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can no longer log into Spotify via Facebook on my ipad

On my ipad, I am unable to log into Spotify via Facebook, for the last couple of weeks. Before get to this point, it would struggle to connect despite me being online with all my other apps. what is happening now is when I choose the log via Facebook...

• Regular
  • On my ipad, I am unable to log into Spotify via Facebook, for the last couple of weeks. Before get to this point, it would struggle to connect despite me being online with all my other apps.   ...
  • no31
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Problem

Hello, I have recently upgraded to premium (again) and it prompted that it was not available in my region. I live in the United States and I did this through the app on my iPhone. I then went to settings and it said I will get my first month December...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have recently upgraded to premium (again) and it prompted that it was not available in my region. I live in the United States and I did this through the app on my iPhone. I then went to sett...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

subscription

Good evening, I would like to know why since I made premium subscription I can not hear my music. Thanks for quick response

• Good evening, I would like to know why since I made premium subscription I can not hear my music. Thanks for quick response
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] No artwork showing in offline mode

Im on iOS 9.0.2 and when im in offline mode i wont get any artworks until i go online than it shows. Im using spotify v4.2.0 and im Premium

• Im on iOS 9.0.2 and when im in offline mode i wont get any artworks until i go online than it shows.   Im using spotify v4.2.0 and im Premium
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to change playlist order

Hi everyone!I have a little problem with my playlist order for my iPhone5s. I renamed the favourites playlist simply adding a star emoji and now the order of the songs is changed: it's not 'from the newest to the oldest' anymore... now it shows me th...

• Hi everyone! I have a little problem with my playlist order for my iPhone5s. I renamed the favourites playlist simply adding a star emoji and now the order of the songs is changed: it's not 'from ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Artists with "The" Prefix in Name Sort Order in Album View

On iOS, in Album view, artists with "The" prefix incorrectly alphabetize to the "T" section rather than omitting the "The" prefix. The Desktop version correctly sorts these artists. Don't know if this is a "bug" or intended behavior. If the former, p...

• On iOS, in Album view, artists with "The" prefix incorrectly alphabetize to the "T" section rather than omitting the "The" prefix. The Desktop version correctly sorts these artists. Don't know i...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Album view
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Time display

Hi, I am new to Spotify so this may be a dumb question. I am trying to use this for the spin class that I teach but the time elapsed display on the song keeps disappearing which is not ideal when you are trying to keep track of the time. When I tap t...

• Hi, I am new to Spotify so this may be a dumb question. I am trying to use this for the spin class that I teach but the time elapsed display on the song keeps disappearing which is not ideal when you...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! when adding new songs why dont they go to the top

so i just got a new phone and i added my spotify and im a premium user. when i add a new song on my starred playlist it automatically goes to the bottom but on my old phone they went to the top, now i have to go through my 400 starred + songs to get ...

• so i just got a new phone and i added my spotify and im a premium user. when i add a new song on my starred playlist it automatically goes to the bottom but on my old phone they went to the top, now ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account

Since I updated my iPhone I cannot get my Spotify premium to work. I have reinstalled logged in and out numerous times. My playlists are all there but premium is gone and isn't even an option. I sent in a request for help but haven't heard back. I'm ...

• Since I updated my iPhone I cannot get my Spotify premium to work. I have reinstalled logged in and out numerous times. My playlists are all there but premium is gone and isn't even an option. I sent...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Giftcard

I brought a Giftcard, activated it but it isn't working. I have dried everything......

• I brought a Giftcard, activated it but it isn't working. I have dried everything......
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Paid for Premium but still on Free

I paid for premium on the 19th but I'm still on free. I have logged out of my Spotify account. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, but still nothing will work. Does anyone have any advice on how to get my account back to premium? I have be...

• I paid for premium on the 19th but I'm still on free. I have logged out of my Spotify account. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, but still nothing will work. Does anyone have any advice ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes