Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Finished my free trial and now I can't listen to music

I have just finished my free trial and I have been told that I can only listen to songs when connected to wifi or 3G. But when I am at home connected to wifi and I click shuffle play, it comes up with "start your free trial now". I don't want to buy ...

• I have just finished my free trial and I have been told that I can only listen to songs when connected to wifi or 3G. But when I am at home connected to wifi and I click shuffle play, it comes up wit...
  • Fishtaco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Got a mail for "Running" but App hasn't changed

Hello, I'm really looking forward to the new "Running"-feature. Yesterday, I got a mail from Spotify telling me that "Spotify Running is here" and that I should "update my app and start running". Yay, great! Well... but how do I do that? There is no ...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   I'm really looking forward to the new "Running"-feature. Yesterday, I got a mail from Spotify telling me that "Spotify Running is here" and that I should "update my app and start...
  • ORK8
  • Casual Listener
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Running
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Not downloading offline playlists on iPhone 6 Plus

Hi, i added a lot of stuff to My Music recently and marked it for offline access but Spotify is refusing to make it accessible. Is it a known problem? Thanks for any help!

• Hi, i added a lot of stuff to My Music recently and marked it for offline access but Spotify is refusing to make it accessible. Is it a known problem? Thanks for any help!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple Music

Most would probably try apple music esp because the service will be pre-installed in an upcoming ios version and will be free to use fot 3 months. I dread some analysis on how this new service will eventually carve a dominant slice of the streaming m...

• Regular
  • Most would probably try apple music esp because the service will be pre-installed in an upcoming ios version and will be free to use fot 3 months.  I dread some analysis on how this new ser...
  • Fishtaco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify "Freezes" on Startup (iPhone 6)

I just updated Spotify to Version 3.3.0 on my iPhone 6 with IOS 8.3 and on startup it freezes. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and no luck. When opening the app, everything loads and instantly freezes. Anybody has a similar issue?

• I just updated Spotify to Version 3.3.0 on my iPhone 6 with IOS 8.3 and on startup it freezes. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and no luck. When opening the app, everything loads and instant...
  • Fishtaco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My spotify account keeps displaying FB pic and name despite is already unlinked. How can I fix it?

I have created my account via spotify. After this I linked it to my facebook account, and then decided to unlink it. Despite is unlinked, fb deactivated and cleared cache in my devices, iOS, android, iMac my facebook name still is displayed in my spo...

• Casual Listener
  • I have created my account via spotify. After this I linked it to my facebook account, and then decided to unlink it. Despite is unlinked, fb deactivated and cleared cache in my devices, iOS, android,...
  • manestry
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't sync local files to iPhone 5

Hi There, Im using Spotify Premium 1.1.0.2549 on my iPhone 5 iOS 7.1.1 with 1.8gb of free space. I've had this problem on and off for a couple of years now, it seems my local files (added to a playlist) will sync to my iPhone on some wifi networks an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi There,   Im using Spotify Premium 1.1.0.2549 on my iPhone 5 iOS 7.1.1 with 1.8gb of free space.   I've had this problem on and off for a couple of years now, it seems my local fi...
  • jethrofloyds
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Shazam integration

No connect shazam and Spotify

• Casual Listener
  • No connect shazam and Spotify 😞
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync playlists on my gen 4 ipod touch

hi there, so i recently got spotify premium and read that you need to sync your playlist to listen offline, but i have a problem. while connected to the internet, i hit the "available offline" option on my ipod and then little grey arrows appear next...

• hi there, so i recently got spotify premium and read that you need to sync your playlist to listen offline, but i have a problem. while connected to the internet, i hit the "available offline" option...
  • skiorscuba
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No shows on IPad???

Just discovered spotify as a user...knew about it but only just subscribed. I now have it on both my iPhone and iPad and it syncs pretty wellHowever...why can't I see the shows feature on the iPad??? Am I doing something wrong???

• Casual Listener
  • Just discovered spotify as a user...knew about it but only just subscribed. I now have it on both my iPhone and iPad and it syncs pretty well However...why can't I see the shows feature on the iPa...
  • Abe84
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

on or off line

When it says AVAILABLE OFFLINE and the icon is in the green mode, is that offline or online?

• When it says AVAILABLE OFFLINE and the icon is in the green mode, is that offline or online?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shazam -> Spoti

Hi there,Is there any solution for this?I tried to connect shazam to spotify, but could add the songs, i deleted the Shazam "playlist" on spoti, and now i can't get the list back or add any songs or what so ever..Tried to re install both apps, no suc...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, Is there any solution for this? I tried to connect shazam to spotify, but could add the songs, i deleted the Shazam "playlist" on spoti, and now i can't get the list back or add any s...
  • mapuya19
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Can't select music
    iOS
    Shazam
    Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant like or dislike songs?

Whenever I am using spotify connect, the option to like and dislike songs is greyed out? When switching off connect and playing through my ipad it works fine. Any fix for this?

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I am using spotify connect, the option to like and dislike songs is greyed out? When switching off connect and playing through my ipad it works fine. Any fix for this?
  • ReneTS
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify 3.3.0 Music keeps cutting out

After about 1:30, the sound cuts out. If I rewind it a little it will come back on but only for another 1:30. It's very annoying especially when I'm driving. Please fix this spotify.

• Casual Listener
  • After about 1:30, the sound cuts out. If I rewind it a little it will come back on but only for another 1:30. It's very annoying especially when I'm driving. Please fix this spotify.
  • LloydJanssen
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No playlists on my iPad.

My iPad doesn't load my playlists anymore. It doesn't even show the loading icon, all I see is "Favourites". But if I select one of my playlists from the "Recently played" menu it shows the playlist and all of it's content.Everything is working fine ...

• Regular
  • My iPad doesn't load my playlists anymore. It doesn't even show the loading icon, all I see is "Favourites". But if I select one of my playlists from the "Recently played" menu it shows the playlist ...
  • LloydJanssen
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iOS 8.2 cutting out

I just downloaded Premium on my iPhone 6 and it keeps cutting whilst playing? Is this common and what Can I do about it?

• I just downloaded Premium on my iPhone 6 and it keeps cutting whilst playing? Is this common and what Can I do about it?
  • jennnz
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

My playlists are gone and the songs I click on won't play...what

So, sometime this week I clicked on Spotify when I see that all my playlists are gone and any song I click on won't play without stopping in the beginning. At first, I tried logging out and logging on but with my user instead like what the website ke...

• Casual Listener
  • So, sometime this week I clicked on Spotify when I see that all my playlists are gone and any song I click on won't play without stopping in the beginning. At first, I tried logging out and logging o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! PREMIUM FREE 7 DAY TRIAL ON APP??

I want to cancel my 7 day free trial that i accidently pressed on spotify when i go into my account on spotify web it just says:Your pre-paid Premium will end on 2015-04-11. Subscribe to keep the tunes flowing, no need to re-credit your account every...

• Visitor
  • I want to cancel my 7 day free trial that i accidently pressed on spotify when i go into my account on spotify web it just says: Your pre-paid Premium will end on 2015-04-11. Subscribe to keep the t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound does not work ios 7.1.2 iPhone 4s

Here's how I solved the no sound playback issue1. Plugged my headphones in2. Ended all other apps and then plugged my charger in - this got the volume buttons back on the iPhoneHope this helps some of the frustrated users.

• Casual Listener
  • Here's how I solved the no sound playback issue 1. Plugged my headphones in 2. Ended all other apps and then plugged my charger in - this got the volume buttons back on the iPhone Hope this he...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Possible workaround
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes