Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! On ipod touch 4g music constantly gets "unsynced" / deleted

Hello, I have a problem with spotify on my ipod 4g. I am using spotify offline on my macbook, my android phone and my ipod 4g. Everytime my ipod connects to the internet (so latest every 30 days, but usually once a week), I get a pop-up that I am usi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have a problem with spotify on my ipod 4g. I am using spotify offline on my macbook, my android phone and my ipod 4g. Everytime my ipod connects to the internet (so latest every 3...
  • mellowli
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify does not send me an email with my new code word (although it says it does)

Hi, I wanted to install spotify on my ipod. The very first time I loged in was with my facebook account, so now my user name consists of just some numbers. Apparently I also have to create a code word for my devices (I cannot log in with the combinat...

• Hi,  I wanted to install spotify on my ipod.  The very first time I loged in was with my facebook account, so now my user name consists of just some numbers. Apparently I also have to c...
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Different versions on laptop and iPad?

I have an Unlimited account and can play uninterrupted on my Windows 7 laptop. When i try to play my playlists on my iPad mini I get ads. How can I stop this

• Casual Listener
  • I have an Unlimited account and can play uninterrupted on my Windows 7 laptop. When i try to play my playlists on my iPad mini I get ads. How can I stop this
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Some Songs Won't Sync

I can't seem to find my exact issue anywhere. I had this problem with my iPod Touch 4, and even after upgrading to iPod Touch 5 I'm having the same problem. Basically, some of the songs in my playlists that I have chosen to be available offline won't...

• Roadie
  • I can't seem to find my exact issue anywhere. I had this problem with my iPod Touch 4, and even after upgrading to iPod Touch 5 I'm having the same problem.   Basically, some of the songs in m...
  • danmejia
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

View queue on iPhone

HI I noticed that there only 40 songs out of 700 on the queue and keep repeat that 40 songs only. May I know how to solve the issue? And I notice a green arrow in a green circle, may I know what does it mean? Thanks Cat

• HI I noticed that there only 40 songs out of 700 on the queue and keep repeat that 40 songs only. May I know how to solve the issue? And I notice a green arrow in a green circle, may I know what ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not running smoothly on iOS lately (iPhone 5)

Hi, Has anyone else noticed if Spotify has been acting up on their iOS device over the last few weeks? I have a Premium account, which I access on my iPhone 5 quite regularly. However, I notice that browsing through my saved albums suddenly seems lik...

• Regular
  • Hi,   Has anyone else noticed if Spotify has been acting up on their iOS device over the last few weeks?   I have a Premium account, which I access on my iPhone 5 quite regularly. H...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song not shown in Playlist

Good morning, I just added a song to my playlist. Others can see it. But I can't. When I want to add it again it says "You already added this song". What is going on? I installed the new update yesterday.

• Regular
  • Good morning,   I just added a song to my playlist. Others can see it. But I can't. When I want to add it again it says "You already added this song".   What is going on? I installe...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

How to sync IOS with iPad

I see Sync articles on how to sync the IOS app to the iphone/ipad. What about the other way around, can I make changes to spotify playlists on the iPad and they carry through and sync with the IOS? thanks James

• Casual Listener
  • I see Sync articles on how to sync the IOS app to the iphone/ipad. What about the other way around, can I make changes to spotify playlists on the iPad and they carry through and sync with the IOS? ...
  • Flixx
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist updates on iPhone just like on desktop (new feature?)

Hi guys!Would it be possible to get the playlist updates on your iphone in the same way you have them on your desktop?Let me explain what I mean:When using the desktop app, you can see what songs, and how many songs are added to a certain playlist. I...

• Roadie
  • Hi guys! Would it be possible to get the playlist updates on your iphone in the same way you have them on your desktop? Let me explain what I mean: When using the desktop app, you can see what...
  • marijndebaas
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing local files without syncing?

Not sure if this is the right forum, nor sure quite how to articulate what I'm hoping I can do.Basically, i have multiple GBs of music on my den computer, and my desktop Spotify can obviously see them in its library.Our family stereo is in the living...

• Regular
  • Not sure if this is the right forum, nor sure quite how to articulate what I'm hoping I can do. Basically, i have multiple GBs of music on my den computer, and my desktop Spotify can obviously see...
  • Spaceboy88
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Music not playing offline with premium account.

My spotify premium account should allow music to be played offline, this function Is working on my laptop but not on my Iphone. I have tried to repeat the help steps which are suggested ie, making sure each each song is made available offline however...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify premium account should allow music to be played offline, this function Is working on my laptop but not on my Iphone. I have tried to repeat the help steps which are suggested ie, making su...
  • F_Collie
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Albums / artists / tracks disappeared

Hello, Why did my albums, artists and titles disappeared for my iphone application ? They are still on my Macbook app ... Thibault

• Regular
  • Hello,   Why did my albums, artists and titles disappeared for my iphone application ? 😞    They are still on my Macbook app ...   Thibault
  • thimare
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

All Starred songs and playlists gone

I have an iTouch and just recently all of my playlists have disapeared and the songs on my starred playlists are also gone. I have tried logging out and logging back in, and uninstalling and installing again but still not working. The starred playlis...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iTouch and just recently all of my playlists have disapeared and the songs on my starred playlists are also gone. I have tried logging out and logging back in, and uninstalling and installi...
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log into Spotify on computer or phone, only Spotify's website.

So i've changed my password over a dozen times now ON Spotify's website, and then tried to lot in to both the app on my computer (which I downloaded yesterday, so it's up to date), and then again on my iPhone. Every time, even with my new passwords a...

• So i've changed my password over a dozen times now ON Spotify's website, and then tried to lot in to both the app on my computer (which I downloaded yesterday, so it's up to date), and then again on ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS search function is not bringing back any results

My first post didn't do any results, so I decided to post a new one, according to this forum template, hoping that this time, a fellow member of spotify corp will give us a solution, since apparently I'm not the only one.DescriptioniOS search functio...

• Regular
  • My first post didn't do any results, so I decided to post a new one, according to this forum template, hoping that this time, a fellow member of spotify corp will give us a solution, since apparently...
  • jeannielsen1
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Play Song

Suddenly I am getting the message Unable to Play Song on certain songs or entire albums. This only happens on my iphone 6, the same song will play on my computer just fine. It is not artist specific, in some cases I have 2 albums from the same artist...

• Casual Listener
  • Suddenly I am getting the message Unable to Play Song on certain songs or entire albums. This only happens on my iphone 6, the same song will play on my computer just fine. It is not artist specific,...
  • saitoh183
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Distortion and really bad sound quality

Hi guys! ( first time on the forums ) I was wondering if anyone can help me out...I'm currently using the iPhone 5 with the iOS version of 8.0 (I think) and the sound quality is terrible through earphones I've tried different syncing qualities, reins...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys! ( first time on the forums ) I was wondering if anyone can help me out... I'm currently using the iPhone 5 with the iOS version of 8.0 (I think) and the sound quality is terrible through ...
  • TanyaLMitchell
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! download music

hello everybody, last week I've saved some playlist in the offline mode and it had used all my internet data provided by my mobile company, how can I stop that downloading when I'm not connected with the wifi?

• Casual Listener
  • hello everybody, last week I've saved some playlist in the offline mode and it had used all my internet data provided by my mobile company,  how can I stop that downloading when I'm not conn...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Local tracks stop music playback

When playing a playlist that has both local files and spotify songs, music will stop playing once a local file song has played all the way through and finished. Spotify will change to the next song, but no music will play, and no matter how long you ...

• Regular
  • When playing a playlist that has both local files and spotify songs, music will stop playing once a local file song has played all the way through and finished. Spotify will change to the next song, ...
  • Tengoiden
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! ipod touch 5g no sync local files

hi, i've got a ipod touch 5g with iOS 8.1.3 and a PC with Win7. Both devices got the newest Spotify- version. I can sync my offline- playlists, but it doesn't sync my local files. I tried the re-installation of Spotify on my IPod. Thank you for your ...

• Casual Listener
  • hi,   i've got a ipod touch 5g with iOS 8.1.3 and a PC with Win7. Both devices got the newest Spotify- version.   I can sync my offline- playlists, but it doesn't sync my local file...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes