Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Unending Syncs

Hi there Whenever I start using Spotify, it automatically 'resyncs' 3 things even when no changes have been made at all to my Spotify account on that device or on any other. I've already tried logging out and logging in, but that doesnt seem to be do...

• Hi there   Whenever I start using Spotify, it automatically 'resyncs' 3 things even when no changes have been made at all to my Spotify account on that device or on any other.   ...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist upside down with IDJ PRO

I use the Numark IDJ Pro with the ipad 2. By design, the ipad sits in the dock upside down. When I select Spotify as the libraby, it displays upside down and then even makes my iTunes library upside down from that point. The only way to get it back u...

• Casual Listener
  • I use the Numark IDJ Pro with the ipad 2. By design, the ipad sits in the dock upside down. When I select Spotify as the libraby, it displays upside down and then even makes my iTunes library upside...
  • machinedjay
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

synchronizacja muzyki z imaca na ipoda

ipod carrier 18.0, jak zsynchronizowa muzykę na nim i imacu? metoda opisana w pomocy nie działa

• ipod carrier 18.0, jak zsynchronizowa muzykę na nim i imacu? metoda opisana w pomocy nie działa
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync music to new phone

So I have a premium account and am getting a new phone soon, switching from an Android to iPhone 6. When I log into my account on my iPad my offline (downloaded) music doesn't show up, it only appears on my phone so I have to connect the phone to the...

• So I have a premium account and am getting a new phone soon, switching from an Android to iPhone 6. When I log into my account on my iPad my offline (downloaded) music doesn't show up, it only appear...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    new phone
    Offline songs
    offline sync
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Not Playing, "Unable to Play Song"

A couple months ago, when I got this app, all was fine and good, I could play every song while I was on Shuffle. When I used the free trial, same thing. But, about 2 weeks ago, I began to recieve these messages saying "Song unable to play", and would...

• Casual Listener
  • A couple months ago, when I got this app, all was fine and good, I could play every song while I was on Shuffle. When I used the free trial, same thing. But, about 2 weeks ago, I began to recieve the...
  • widartoadi
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Sound stops every 4-5 songs

Every 4-5 songs, the play bar continues moving and the timer continues counting, but Spotify doesn't play any sound. I tried restarting, reinstalling, etc..., and nothing. As soon as I switch to a new song or pull the cursor on the play bar back to t...

• Every 4-5 songs, the play bar continues moving and the timer continues counting, but Spotify doesn't play any sound. I tried restarting, reinstalling, etc..., and nothing. As soon as I switch to a ne...
  • mhutchz
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotifuggle with IOS 3

Help! I want to use my old itouch with spotify, it only has ios3. Is there any spotify version compatible?

• Help!  I want to use my old itouch with spotify, it only has ios3. Is there any spotify version compatible?
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad App stops if changing to other App

Hi! My Spotify App stops if i change to another App! What can i do, that this don't happen? I never had this Problem!Best regards

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! My Spotify App stops if i change to another App! What can i do, that this don't happen? I never had this Problem! Best regards
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect and Airplay

I've done quite a bit of searching and, so far, haven't found the answer to my question. I recently purchased a Yamaha RX-V477 home theatre receiver that features Spotify Connect, something that, until I set it up, I was excited about. Now I hate it!...

• I've done quite a bit of searching and, so far, haven't found the answer to my question.    I recently purchased a Yamaha RX-V477 home theatre receiver that features Spotify Connect, so...
  • camillo75
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Device connects then disconnects

I'am having trouble syncing my local files to spotify. When i open spotify on my iphone it shows up in the desktop as connected then tries to sync for like 5 mins. then it gets disconnected from spotify or it doesnt show up on the device list anymore...

• Casual Listener
  • I'am having trouble syncing my local files to spotify. When i open spotify on my iphone it shows up in the desktop as connected then  tries to sync for like 5 mins. then it gets disconnected fro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone not downloading playlists (fixed)

Description My iPhone won't download any playlists over wifi nor celular. The download indicator apear with the spinning wheel and progress bar, but the counter gets stuck on 1 of 2 songs for my 2 song playlist and never changes. Inside the playlist ...

• Description My iPhone won't download any playlists over wifi nor celular. The download indicator apear with the spinning wheel and progress bar, but the counter gets stuck on 1 of 2 songs for my 2 ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug Starred Playlist Spotify German iPhone

There's a translation mistake in the overlay, while adding an already existing song to starred playlist. It sais "Song schon mit Start bewertet". iPhone 6iOS 8.1.2. Newest Spotify version.

• There's a translation mistake in the overlay, while adding an already existing song to starred playlist. It sais "Song schon mit Start bewertet". iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.2. Newest Spotify version.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Playlists deleted

Hi, in my Spotify account on the IPod (IOS 6) all my playlists were gone a few days ago. Nothing changed, when I play them from my IPad or my PC. I try to re-install Spotify, but it still doesn't show me my playlists. I can browse and use radio, I ju...

• Hi,   in my Spotify account on the IPod (IOS 6) all my playlists were gone a few days ago. Nothing changed, when I play them from my IPad or my PC. I try to re-install Spotify, but it still ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Hold to preview works for one family member account, not the other, on same device

I have a family account with one family member (so two accounts in total). When I login on my ipad or iphone (with latest app version) with one of the accounts (the main one) the "hold to preview song/playlist" feature does not work. When I login wit...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a family account with one family member (so two accounts in total). When I login on my ipad or iphone (with latest app version) with one of the accounts (the main one) the "hold to preview son...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files become unavailable...

I add songs to Spotify and they play for a while, then, I start getting the following message,"This track was added as a local file. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." This happens over and over. Certain songs in particular dro...

• Visitor
  • I add songs to Spotify and they play for a while, then, I start getting the following message, "This track was added as a local file.  If you have the file on your computer you can import it....
  • swoell
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How can i delete tracks from songs within a playlist?

i have playlists that are 300+ songs. I find it really tedious you cannot delete a song or remove it from your playlist easily. The only way i know is using the edit playlist function , scrolling through all your songs in the palylist till you find t...

• Regular
  • i have playlists that are 300+ songs. I find it really tedious you cannot delete a song or remove it from your playlist easily.   The only way i know is using the edit playlist function , sc...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! newbie

hi guys i was wondering you could help me, im using the mac app on spotify and im usiong a ipod nano, but i cant seem to sync my playlist to the nano, i select the manual sync but nothing happens, anything im doing wrong? many thanks

• Casual Listener
  • hi guys i was wondering you could help me, im using the mac app on spotify and im usiong a ipod nano, but i cant seem to sync my playlist to the nano, i select the manual sync but nothing happens, an...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify radio tries to play tracks that are no longer available

My Spotify radio will often try to play tracks that are no longer available, causing it to stop until I click forward. This has been going on for months, and happens on all platforms I've tried (iOS, OSX, Windows). Reinstall and clearing cache doesn'...

• My Spotify radio will often try to play tracks that are no longer available, causing it to stop until I click forward. This has been going on for months, and happens on all platforms I've tried (iOS,...
  • Lorenzo_NGG
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error with searching.

Every time i try to search for a friend an error comes back and says. An error occured please try searching again. I have been trying to find some friends on Spotify and i keep getting this message.

• Casual Listener
  • Every time i try to search for a friend an error comes back and says. An error occured please try searching again.   I have been trying to find some friends on Spotify and i keep getting thi...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Adding local files to new songs feature

Hello, new to the forum. The songs feature seems to be a step in the right direction, however what is holding this feature back is the inability to add local files into the mix. Some of the music I listen to do not put their music on spotify, which I...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, new to the forum.   The songs feature seems to be a step in the right direction, however what is holding this feature back is the inability to add local files into the mix.  &n...
  • Thjoseph
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • local files
    Music not saving
    Spotify
    Your Music
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes