Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Follow error

I have just got spotify and signed up to premium but I get an error if I click on the follow button to try and follow friends.

• I have just got spotify and signed up to premium but I get an error if I click on the follow button to try and follow friends.
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify loging problem

Im using spotify on my iphone 5sType of user: free And i live in saudi arabia a couple days the app was working for 48 hour (the free premiom offer) but after that its saying ( login faild error: 480 )

• Im using spotify on my iphone 5s Type of user: free And i live in saudi arabia a couple days the app was working for 48 hour (the free premiom offer) but after that its saying ( login faild error:...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone reboots after updating to version 2.4.0

After updating last night to version 2.4.0. everytime I open the app, my iPhone 6 plus reboots.

• Casual Listener
  • After updating last night to version 2.4.0. everytime I open the app, my iPhone 6 plus reboots.
  • Trunks
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I paid for premium, but..

I paid for premium, but nothing happened. I reinstalled the app, logged in and out. I contacted the app suport. I got an email from spotify. Still nothing happen.

• I paid for premium, but nothing happened. I reinstalled the app, logged in and out. I contacted the app suport. I got an email from spotify. Still nothing happen.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Paid for premium but not getting it.

I signed up for premium but I am not getting it on my I phone or I pad. I did what was recommended on the help page, uninstalled, signed out and sign in again. It still says I am not premium. I was already charged for Feb. Can I get my money back? I ...

• I signed up for premium but I am not getting it on my I phone or I pad. I did what was recommended on the help page, uninstalled, signed out and sign in again. It still says I am not premium. I wa...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Don't know if I actually bought the Premium version

I've downloaded the app today and bought the Premium version and App Store sent me an email confirming it but when I go to the settings of the app it says that I'm testing the Premium version, is this normal? Was the premium version actually bought?

• I've downloaded the app today and bought the Premium version and App Store sent me an email confirming it but when I go to the settings of the app it says that I'm testing the Premium version, is thi...
  • nspidermann
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Gapless playback not quite working on mobile..

I mean, on some albums and recordings it has worked ( Flying Lotus' "You're Dead," Bill Evans Trio's "Complete Village Vanguard" ), but on other albums there is still an audible gap between tracks. I'm listening to John Coltrane's "Afro Blue Impressi...

• Casual Listener
  • I mean, on some albums and recordings it has worked ( Flying Lotus' "You're Dead," Bill Evans Trio's "Complete Village Vanguard" ), but on other albums there is still an audible gap between tracks. I...
  • nspidermann
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Play Song with new update

Hi! I' ve been using spotify for a while and i haven't had a problem until the new spotify update came out in 3rd October. After my Ipad 3 automatically updated the spotify i couldn't play any of the songs, when i tried to play them a box showed up w...

• Hi! I' ve been using spotify for a while and i haven't had a problem until the new spotify update came out in 3rd October. After my Ipad 3 automatically updated the spotify i couldn't play any of the...
  • Starburstingout
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Not seeing thumb up/down

I just joined as a free premium member (trial), I'm not seeing any thumbs up/down icons in the ios app or the mac desktop. Am I blind?

• Casual Listener
  • I just joined as a free premium member (trial),   I'm not seeing any thumbs up/down icons in the ios app or the mac desktop.   Am I blind?  
  • AceSteeleYT
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Deactivate activity in my facebook-activity-log

Hi there There's this little facebook-spotify-problem I'm having: Whenever I listen to a song on my phone, it appears in my activity log. I only made it visible for myself, so I'm the only person who's stressed out by this. I read different articles,...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there   There's this little facebook-spotify-problem I'm having: Whenever I listen to a song on my phone, it appears in my activity log. I only made it visible for myself, so I'm the on...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account problems

I've completed every step, but I still do not have the premium account that I paid for it sais on the website under receipts that I have a valid premium account but on the iOS app is sais free. what else is there that I can do. this I just rediculous...

• I've completed every step, but I still do not have the premium account that I paid for it sais on the website under receipts that I have a valid premium account but on the iOS app is sais free. what ...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Messaging has changed in recent release - no more threads

Messaging in the iOS app used to look like the desktop client - message threads split by sender, shares and text messages in order. For some reason this has been removed in the most recent update and now ALL messages are in one thread, with text-only...

• Casual Listener
  • Messaging in the iOS app used to look like the desktop client - message threads split by sender, shares and text messages in order.  For some reason this has been removed in the most recent upda...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

After a song ends, the next song will show up and act as if it is playing, but no sound comes out

Whenever I'm listening to my playlists, the music will frequently stop playing as soon as a song ends. It looks like a new song is playing--the bar showing time is moving, the artwork/title/everything is there, the only problem is that there's no sou...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I'm listening to my playlists, the music will frequently stop playing as soon as a song ends. It looks like a new song is playing--the bar showing time is moving, the artwork/title/everythin...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync

Spotify says that tracks are synced but they do not play on my iphone. This sucks and I'm about to cancel this if it continues.

• Visitor
  • Spotify says that tracks are synced but they do not play on my iphone.   This sucks and I'm about to cancel this if it continues.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify Premium account is not activating

Hi, I have purchased the premium account on my iPhone 6, but on my account at the settings it says that it's still free, I have already close the app and then re open it and also erase the app and downloaded it again, how can I activate my premium ac...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have purchased the premium account on my iPhone 6, but on my account at the settings it says that it's still free, I have already close the app and then re open it and also erase the app and do...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting a song from a playlist without scrolling through the playlist to find it?

Is it possible to delete a song from a playlist without having to scroll through the playlist to find it and then clicking edit and then deleting it? Sometimes a song is playing in a rather large playlist and I want to delete the song but it takes me...

• Casual Listener
  • Is it possible to delete a song from a playlist without having to scroll through the playlist to find it and then clicking edit and then deleting it? Sometimes a song is playing in a rather large pla...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Issue for resuming track between devices

When a track is resumed on my computer it also repeats the latest two tracks in the que. So before I chage device I listen to track A, B and C, in the middle of track C i change device and the track is resumed as expected. After track C is finished t...

• When a track is resumed on my computer it also repeats the latest two tracks in the que.   So before I chage device I listen to track A, B and C, in the middle of track C i change device and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening to music and the next song starts and then the volume drops.

When I'm listening to my my music, some songs play fine and then some songs will start playing at normal volume and after a couple seconds, the volume significantly decreases. Any ideas?

• When I'm listening to my my music, some songs play fine and then some songs will start playing at normal volume and after a couple seconds, the volume significantly decreases. Any ideas?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists Disappeared

My roommate was playing music the other night and somehow my iPhone 6 linked to hers. I have tried logging off and back on several times, but when I go to my music all of her playlists show up. Where are mine and how do we disconnect from each other'...

• My roommate was playing music the other night and somehow my iPhone 6 linked to hers. I have tried logging off and back on several times, but when I go to my music all of her playlists show up. Where...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Mutes After Songs Sometimes

When I'm playing music on my iPad over bluetooth, sometimes when a track ends the next track will start, but there will be no sound. I can see the bar progressing and the time counting up as the songs plays, but the audio is muted. If I press the bac...

• Casual Listener
  • When I'm playing music on my iPad over bluetooth, sometimes when a track ends the next track will start, but there will be no sound. I can see the bar progressing and the time counting up as the song...
  • KiyaSqueaker
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • mute
    no audio
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes