Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! Spotify is not working on iPhone

My spotify is not working on my phone. It works on my tablet but it doesn't on my phone. It says it's offline but I'm connected to wifi so I don't know what the problem is. I don't know if it's my phone or the app

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify is not working on my phone. It works on my tablet but it doesn't on my phone. It says it's offline but I'm connected to wifi so I don't know what the problem is. I don't know if it's my ph...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Change of song (last update)

With the latest update if I'm listening to a song, when slide my ipad screen down the song is changed.

• Casual Listener
  • With the latest update if I'm listening to a song, when slide my ipad screen down the song is changed.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify v 2.3.0 crashes phone on opening

Device: iPhone 5 (iOS 8.1.3)Spotify was working fine this morning after an automatic update to v 2.3.0 then out of no where it shut down. When I tried to re open it ( and every time since) the app crashes immediately and resets my iPhone.I was runnin...

• Casual Listener
  • Device: iPhone 5 (iOS 8.1.3) Spotify was working fine this morning after an automatic update to v 2.3.0 then out of no where it shut down. When I tried to re open it ( and every time since) the ap...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! quality

When using my headphones last night and this morning, the sound of it was off and I dont know why. I go into another app and the headphones are perfectly fine. Why is it acting up on spotify?

• Casual Listener
  • When using my headphones last night and this morning, the sound of it was off and I dont know why. I go into another app and the headphones are perfectly fine. Why is it acting up on spotify?
  • nruffino
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

All night the music stop, then start, theen stop, again and again

Hi, this is my problem.Need help please.Its on iOS and my computer too. I have a good network and internet.And no problem with another streaming app or site.Sorry for my bad English

• Regular
  • Hi, this is my problem. Need help please. Its on iOS and my computer too. I have a good network and internet. And no problem with another streaming app or site. Sorry for my bad English
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify does not play when i leave the app (iOS)

Hi, when I close the iOS app or switch to another app the music fades out. I also can not start a song from the "dashboard" (swipe from homebutton up) this sucks. what's wrong? best regards, matthias App background ios8 iphone

• Hi,   when I close the iOS app or switch to another app the music fades out.   I also can not start a song from the "dashboard" (swipe from homebutton up)   this sucks. wha...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hey I am a premium user running newest update, It won't let me sync the songs offline? Help?

• Hey I am a premium user running newest update, It won't let me sync the songs offline? Help?
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists not Loading on iPhone

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I've scoured the FAQs and cannot seem to find an answer anywhere. Suddenly one day my iPhone decided that it didn't want to open the Starred playlist (which I have available offline too) and it keeps giving m...

• I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I've scoured the FAQs and cannot seem to find an answer anywhere. Suddenly one day my iPhone decided that it didn't want to open the Starred playlist (w...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playing Tracks offline

I've just upgraded to Premium from free, well I set-up a new account. I have selected a load of tracks and put in a playlist, which I have set to available Offline on the laptop and on my Ipod where I want to play the tracks when I get to the gym. Ho...

• Casual Listener
  • I've just upgraded to Premium from free, well I set-up a new account.  I have selected a load of tracks and put in a playlist, which I have set to available Offline on the laptop and on my Ipod ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Noob here, please help

I have premium I made a playlist and I and to make it available offline. The little green download logo appears but idk if it's downloading or not. What do i do? How am I supposed to do it?

• Regular
  • I have premium I made a playlist and I and to make it available offline. The little green download logo appears but idk if it's downloading or not. What do i do? How am I supposed to do it?
  • noealvarezzz
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

How to see playlist from desktop computer on my Iphone 5s

I recently upgraded to an Iphone 5s from Iphone 4. I had been able to see my playlist from my home desktop on my Iphone 4, and play music in Shuffle mode. I cannot get my playlist on my new Iphone 5s. I have downloaded the free version of Spotify ont...

• I recently upgraded to an Iphone 5s from Iphone 4.  I had been able to see my playlist from my home desktop on my Iphone 4, and play music in Shuffle mode.  I cannot get my playlist on ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Feedback on iOS updates: Facebook posting

It is rather annoying that every time the app updates it changes my settings to post to Facebook again. I don't want to bombard my friends with the tons of tracks I listen to, the fact that I can't see it on Facebook unless I go on to my own activity...

• It is rather annoying that every time the app updates it changes my settings to post to Facebook again.   I don't want to bombard my friends with the tons of tracks I listen to, the fact tha...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All Saved Music gone

Since I have updated my app, all of my Saved music is gone from my iOS device. I can still see the full list of music on my desktop version, however, the list on my iphone only shows songs I JUST added since the update. Hope y'all can fix this one!

• Music Fan
  • Since I have updated my app, all of my Saved music is gone from my iOS device. I can still see the full list of music on my desktop version, however, the list on my iphone only shows songs I JUST add...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

IPhone 5 cutting out under every circumstance

Spotify on my iPhone 5 stops playing every song at about one minute no matter what. This happens with streaming songs, downloaded songs, over lte on att and on WiFi. I reinstalled and continually open and close the app. Happens with Bluetooth, headph...

• Spotify on my iPhone 5 stops playing every song at about one minute no matter what. This happens with streaming songs, downloaded songs, over lte on att and on WiFi. I reinstalled and continually ope...
  • airb330
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music no longer synced... greyed out with a green arrow

This happened before, I deleted the app and that fixed the problem. Now I have a mix of songs that are greyed out that will not sync despite deleting the app. Most of the music will not synce at all! I worked fine this morning!

• This happened before, I deleted the app and that fixed the problem.  Now I have a mix of songs that are greyed out that will not sync despite deleting the app.  Most of the music will not s...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Adding a new song to a long playlist

Hey earthlings, I have a very long playlist that me and my friends use quite often, and it gets irritating to have to scroll all the way to the bottom to find or play the newer, recently added songs (esp. my friends that are spotify naive). I used to...

• Hey earthlings, I have a very long playlist that me and my friends use quite often, and it gets irritating to have to scroll all the way to the bottom to find or play the newer, recently added song...
  • JoeThomas
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Trying to search music, but an error occured.

Hi, everyone. I just updated an new version, the lastest version of Spotify but when I searched some music for listening, it came up with this, please help.Edited : I already tried to reset the app, the same thing happened. Everything's working excep...

• Hi, everyone. I just updated an new version, the lastest version of Spotify but when I searched some music for listening, it came up with this, please help. Edited : I already tried to reset the a...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Introducing Spotify Touch Preview

Hey there. Brand new feature. Hopefully soon on Android. Great way to preview some new handsup music w/o need to stop Connect playback to my Spotify speaker. Thanks!

• Visitor
  • Hey there.   Brand new feature. Hopefully soon on Android.     Great way to preview some new handsup music w/o need to stop Connect playback to my Spotify speaker. &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Slight color anomaly at start screen on iPhone 6 Plus

Noticed a slight color anomaly at the start screen. On the edges the color code is #121314 and around the logo it's #141414. For better understanding I added the color codes on the attached image. Cheers.

• Casual Listener
  • Noticed a slight color anomaly at the start screen. On the edges the color code is #121314 and around the logo it's #141414. For better understanding I added the color codes on the attached image. ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync problems for personal songs

I downloaded some .mp3 files from youtube and tried syncing them on Spotify, but they won't sync for offline mode in my phone. - They are .mp3 - I have over 7GB of free space - I have reinstalled Spotify on my phone Practically every solution in all ...

• Regular
  • I downloaded some .mp3 files from youtube and tried syncing them on Spotify, but they won't sync for offline mode in my phone.   - They are .mp3 - I have over 7GB of free space - I have ...
  • Rleaf
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes