Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Importing Local Files bug

I have a few questions regarding some local files. First, I know there is a bug with the mobile app which deletes all the local files every time the app is update. Does anyone know when that will be addressed? Second, is there any way that the playli...

• Visitor
  • I have a few questions regarding some local files. First, I know there is a bug with the mobile app which deletes all the local files every time the app is update. Does anyone know when that will be ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle function

I have Spotify premiun account and play music through a gramofon via an iPhone 6 I listen mainly to Classical Music and dont want or need the shuffle function but it seems to be set to shuffle tracks all the time is there a way of turning shuffle off...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify premiun account and play music through a gramofon via an iPhone 6 I listen mainly to Classical Music and dont want or need the shuffle function but it seems to be set to shuffle trac...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Saving Songs Offline - Bandwidth Usage?

I'm wondering if saving a song/playlist to play offline uses additional bandwidth than just what is used to run Spotify. Does the song have to download at all in order to be available offline?

• Regular
  • I'm wondering if saving a song/playlist to play offline uses additional bandwidth than just what is used to run Spotify. Does the song have to download at all in order to be available offline?
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Where do i see how many songs remains to download?

The app has changed to the worse it seems cause i had to reinstall the app cause it didn't download the songs i set it to, only 1/5'th of a playlist, so after i reinstalled it, the bar to show sync stats is removed, so i can no longer see what playli...

• Roadie
  • The app has changed to the worse it seems cause i had to reinstall the app cause it didn't download the songs i set it to, only 1/5'th of a playlist, so after i reinstalled it, the bar to show sync s...
  • Silithas
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Matisyahu

For a couple months now I've noticed that some Kid Cudi songs and most all Matisyahu songs will not play in offline mode even if they are saved

• For a couple months now I've noticed that some Kid Cudi songs and most all Matisyahu songs will not play in offline mode even if they are saved
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Random playlists playing when they are not selected.

So I got the most recent update to this date, and I've been playing my music as it under the category of your music and under that songs. Then while I'm playing my music random playlist (that I don't listen) will start to play. And sometimes it will ...

• So I got the most recent update to this date, and I've been playing my music as it under the category of your music and under that songs. Then while I'm playing my music random playlist (that I don't...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! falla reproduccion iphone

Acabo de instalar la versión free. Escucho un artista en modo "aleatorio" y a la cuarta canción ya no me permite escuchar más, ni de ese ni de otro artista. Al conectarme horas después, vuelve a permitirme cuatro canciones más. qué hago?

• Casual Listener
  • Acabo de instalar la versión free. Escucho un artista en modo "aleatorio" y a la cuarta canción ya no me permite escuchar más, ni de ese ni de otro artista. Al conectarme horas después, vuelve a perm...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Log in to Spotify on my iPhone 6 via Facebook

I just upgraded to the iPhone 6 and when I attemp to log in to Spotify with Facebook I am getting this error - Error: com.facebook.sdk, 5 How can I navigate this? Thank you!

• I just upgraded to the iPhone 6 and when I attemp to log in to Spotify with Facebook I am getting this error -   Error: com.facebook.sdk, 5   How can I navigate this?   Tha...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Activity feed & Following Issue

Has anyone else had a problem with the activity feed and who they are following in the last couple of days? The number of people I am following has dropped from about 350 to 190 and I can only see my recent activity.

• Community Legend
  • Has anyone else had a problem with the activity feed and who they are following in the last couple of days? The number of people I am following has dropped from about 350 to 190 and I can only see my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Album artwork in offline mode

Since the new update, some of my songs/local music got unsynced. So I resynced it all and I didn't realize but I synced them all in 'Normal' Quality. After they were all synced, I changed it so that they were in 'Extreme'. ~1000 or so songs which I h...

• Music Fan
  • Since the new update, some of my songs/local music got unsynced. So I resynced it all and I didn't realize but I synced them all in 'Normal' Quality. After they were all synced, I changed it so that ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

2.4.0.1822 bad reception handling

To me it seems, that the bad reception handling when streaming - not playing offline - somehow has changed on IOS: in earlier versions, there were to modals - you either had reception and it would play or you had no reception and there would be an aw...

• Regular
  • To me it seems, that the bad reception handling when streaming - not playing offline - somehow has changed on IOS: in earlier versions, there were to modals - you either had reception and it would pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Glitches
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files cover art

Hello, I primarily use spotify to sync my local files wirelessly, then put them into playlists with some tracks from Spotify, then sync both for offline use. However, sometimes Spotify recognizes local files and I guess replaces them with Spotify ver...

• Regular
  • Hello, I primarily use spotify to sync my local files wirelessly, then put them into playlists with some tracks from Spotify, then sync both for offline use. However, sometimes Spotify recognizes loc...
  • els1118
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Sharing Problem

This past week or so, I've noticed that sharing no longer seems to work for me. I tried to share a song twice last week on my iPhone 5S through the mobile app, but after I shared it, it never appeared in my "Activity" feed like my previous shares had...

• Visitor
  • This past week or so, I've noticed that sharing no longer seems to work for me.   I tried to share a song twice last week on my iPhone 5S through the mobile app, but after I shared it, it ne...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify distorts from iPhone 6 but my music does not!

Hi AllI'm really hoping that someone can help me out here.I have finally got myself an Arcam rdock uni, this is attached to a squeezebox radio via 2xrca to 3.5mm Jack. I have spotify premium.Almost all my spotify tracks, whether playlists, saved or o...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi All I'm really hoping that someone can help me out here. I have finally got myself an Arcam rdock uni, this is attached to a squeezebox radio via 2xrca to 3.5mm Jack. I have spotify premium....
  • Dicy71
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Starting app crashes phone

Every time I attempt to open the app after the latest update it crashes and restarts my phone....

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I attempt to open the app after the latest update it crashes and restarts my phone....
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium not working on iphone

Hi, I recently bought a subscription but my iphone 6 still says that I am a free user. My browser says otherwise. Any ideas on how to fix this?

• Hi,    I recently bought a subscription but my iphone 6 still says that I am a free user. My browser says otherwise. Any ideas on how to fix this?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Albums on PC Spotify not on ios Spotify

I've used PC spotify eversince it was first released, but I recently have got Premium and have started using my iPad and iPhone to listen to spotify. Two albums (Pass the Jar, by Zac Brown Band, and Living for a Song, by Jamey Johnson) are available ...

• I've used PC spotify eversince it was first released, but I recently have got Premium and have started using my iPad and iPhone to listen to spotify. Two albums (Pass the Jar, by Zac Brown Band, and ...
  • frank2627
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS Local Files Selectively Desyncing

I'm using Windows 8.1 and an iPod Touch with iOS 8.1.2. I have a playlist with 180 some local files synced to my iPod. It was synced perfectly, but after a week or two it unsynced some of my files from that playlist. Random songs withing albums so it...

• I'm using Windows 8.1 and an iPod Touch with iOS 8.1.2. I have a playlist with 180 some local files synced to my iPod. It was synced perfectly, but after a week or two it unsynced some of my files fr...
  • mickeyh2700
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone 6 Plus With Horrible Lag since latest update.

Since the latest update, I have horrible lag on my Spotify app that makes it nearly unusable. Just started. I haver an iPhone 6 Plus and upgraded to iOs 8.1.2 after this started happening. I have a 128gb device with a lot of memory available.I have t...

• Regular
  • Since the latest update, I have horrible lag on my Spotify app that makes it nearly unusable.  Just started. I haver an iPhone 6 Plus and upgraded to iOs 8.1.2 after this started happening. &n...
  • Prestige
  • Roadie
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes