Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! New touch preview and swipe to save features

While the touch preview feature is working great , I can't figure out how to save a track to my library by swiping left. Is this feature iPhone only ? I'm using an iPad Air .

• Gig Goer
  • While the touch preview feature is working great , I can't figure out how to save a track to my library by swiping left. Is this feature iPhone only ? I'm using an iPad Air .
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs won't sync to offline mode

I am really getting sick of spotify. I have a premium account and my songs won't even sync to offline mode. This has been happening for about 3 weeks now. The green arrow to say they're available offline won't show its just grey all the time. I've tr...

• Casual Listener
  • I am really getting sick of spotify. I have a premium account and my songs won't even sync to offline mode. This has been happening for about 3 weeks now. The green arrow to say they're available off...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

No signal for subwoofer

when I connect my iphone to an amplifier, the subwooker doesn't play any sound. It seems the low frequency of spotify music, even using the best quality, is not enough. Does anybody know which is the lowest frequency that spofity can offer?

• Casual Listener
  • when I connect my iphone to an amplifier, the subwooker doesn't play any sound. It seems the low frequency of spotify music, even using the best quality, is not enough. Does anybody know which is t...
  • Frosby
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account stops playing claiming that my account is in use

My Premium account stops playing irregardless of which unit I am using (iPad, PC, iPhone or Sonos) with some error message that my account is already in use on some other unit. This is to my knowledge not true. What to do?

• Casual Listener
  • My Premium account stops playing irregardless of which unit I am using (iPad, PC, iPhone or Sonos) with some error message that my account is already in use on some other unit. This is to my knowledg...
  • farbrortheguru
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

my spotify premium is not working

So, I got it on that discount thing and it was supposed to work for 3 months not for two month and now it will not allow me to access them offline!

• So, I got it on that discount thing and it was supposed to work for 3 months not for two month and now it will not allow me to access them offline!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Playlist Songs

My iMac is my main machine where all my local files are kept. Spotify used to sync across all my devices (Macbook Pro, iPad, iPhone) even the tracks that were local to my iMac if I put them in a playlist and made it available offline. No more. And to...

• Casual Listener
  • My iMac is my main machine where all my local files are kept. Spotify used to sync across all my devices (Macbook Pro, iPad, iPhone) even the tracks that were local to my iMac if I put them in a play...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! weird update notification in app

hi: i know the update is rolling out today and isn't yet in the app store, but when i opened the app this morning i got the notifications about "try the new features now!". it seemed to suggest that i already had the update, but i confirmed that i do...

• Gig Goer
  • hi: i know the update is rolling out today and isn't yet in the app store, but when i opened the app this morning i got the notifications about "try the new features now!". it seemed to suggest ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play certain songs

I'm a premium member, and I recently got an iPhone 6. After syncing all my music to my new phone, some of it became "unable to play". Certain songs don't have the green symbol indicating that they're available offline, and when I try playing them, sp...

• I'm a premium member, and I recently got an iPhone 6. After syncing all my music to my new phone, some of it became "unable to play". Certain songs don't have the green symbol indicating that they're...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local tracks not syncing

I've been unable to get my local tracks to sync to my iPhone 4S. I've gone through every help thread and forum posts to no avail. Local files show up in playlists but are greyed out and won't play. I've tried: Uninstalling/reinstalling Spotify from m...

• Regular
  • I've been unable to get my local tracks to sync to my iPhone 4S. I've gone through every help thread and forum posts to no avail. Local files show up in playlists but are greyed out and won...
  • Mako18
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Queuing songs

Hi, the queuing of songs is awesome for quickly entering the "accidental dj mode" The context button hit area is rather small missing the inside of the circle will instantly quit the current track and play the track instead. A rather unpleasant and a...

ContextButton
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi,   the queuing of songs is awesome for quickly entering the "accidental dj mode" 😉   The context button hit area   is rather small missing the inside of the circle will...
  • joesflow
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • HMI suggestion
    ios app
    queue
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone and Bose Soundlink III - Can't use other apps while playing Spotify on Bose Soundlink

I have a new Bose Soundlink III that I am using to stream Spotify. Sound and playback are fine except that I cannot use other apps while Spoitfy is playing. If I switch to another app (email for example) the playback is interrupted. Also, when iPhone...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a new Bose Soundlink III that I am using to stream Spotify.  Sound and playback are fine except that I cannot use other apps while Spoitfy is playing.  If I switch to another app (em...
  • Ramiro7
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify do not run anymore

My spotify surprisingly do not run anymore. It. starts the app but all of a sudden the app stop running.

• My spotify surprisingly do not run anymore. It. starts the app but all of a sudden the app stop running.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! how to cancel subscription

I go to settings, i see my premium account and no optios to cancel, thieves

• I go to settings, i see my premium account and no optios to cancel, thieves
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming wird ständig unterbrochen am iphone

Hallo, ich habe ein iPhone, Verbindung LTE. Wenn ich Spotify mobile höre, also ohne WLAN kommt es ständig zu Verbindungsunterbrechungen. 2 Sekunden Musik hören, 3 Sekunden unterbrochen, 2 Sekunden Musik usw. Ich habe bereits Spotify neu installiert h...

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo, ich habe ein iPhone, Verbindung LTE. Wenn ich Spotify mobile höre, also ohne WLAN kommt es ständig zu Verbindungsunterbrechungen. 2 Sekunden Musik hören, 3 Sekunden unterbrochen, 2 Sekunden ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Album art not appearing

This problem just appeared yesterday. Any song that I have cached to be available offline the album art isn't appearing. It isn't just local files either. It is any song that is in a playlist I have made to be available offline the art will not appea...

• Casual Listener
  • This problem just appeared yesterday.  Any song that I have cached to be available offline the album art isn't appearing.  It isn't just local files either. It is any song that is in a play...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes

Can't Get Premium

Alright, so I logged out and in, reinstalled, yadda-yadda. On my phone, there is no 'Get Premium' button like there used to be. On the computer, it says "You do not currently have a payment provider connected to your account." And there doesn't seem ...

• Alright, so I logged out and in, reinstalled, yadda-yadda.    On my phone, there is no 'Get Premium' button like there used to be.   On the computer, it says "You do not curren...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! URL Scheme

Do you guys have any documentation on the url scheme for spotify?

• Do you guys have any documentation on the url scheme for spotify?
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify premium has crashed and won't sync

Hi, I have Spotify Premium and up to now have had no major problems with it. However yesterday all of a sudden over half my starred songs (I have about 2,700 in total) became unsynced from my ipod touch 4th gen., following this I copied all starred s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have Spotify Premium and up to now have had no major problems with it. However yesterday all of a sudden over half my starred songs (I have about 2,700 in total) became unsynced from...
  • nll44
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs not playing

I just get a pop up that says "Unable to Play Song" for some of the songs even though they indicate they are saved offline. They also aren't working when I switch to online mode, but seem to be working fine on my computer, so I don't think it has any...

• I just get a pop up that says "Unable to Play Song" for some of the songs even though they indicate they are saved offline. They also aren't working when I switch to online mode, but seem to be ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't see and saved playlist or add new ones

Hi All, I can't see my saved playlist on my I phone and I can't save new playlist via my mobile. Can someone help me ? Thanks for your help in advance.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi All,   I can't see my saved playlist  on my I phone and I can't save new playlist via my mobile. Can someone help me ?   Thanks for your help in advance.
  • Sabsi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes