Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

still can't synch music to iPod classic

Hey I did a number on this topic earlier but the conversation died so I made this one. Here's a link to previous one : https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Can-t-sync-music-to-iPod-classic/m-p/945797/highlight/true#M39251

• Regular
  • Hey I did a number on this topic earlier but the conversation died so I made this one. Here's a link to previous one : https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Can-t-sync-musi...
  • saddisti
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Want to recover browse playlist

Hi there, I listened to a playlist called chillout sunday yesterday which I really liked and which was featured in the brose carroussel. However it then dissapeared from the carroussel and I tried searching for it but could not find that particular p...

• Hi there,   I listened to a playlist called chillout sunday yesterday which I really liked and which was featured in the brose carroussel. However it then dissapeared from the carroussel and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding already synced local tracks to playlist from mobile

I haven't seen anyone else posting about this, so maybe it's not even a bug and i'm just noticing this is how spotify works...but i could've sworn in the past i was able to, from my phone, add local tracks (that are alreday synced) to a given playlis...

• Gig Goer
  • I haven't seen anyone else posting about this, so maybe it's not even a bug and i'm just noticing this is how spotify works...but i could've sworn in the past i was able to, from my phone, add l...
  • Jaax
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Button Disappeared in Playback

I've recently updated to the new Spotify 2.20 update, and have found that the option to turn go offline in playback of the settings menu has disappeared? Is there any other way to force to my device to go offline?

• I've recently updated to the new Spotify 2.20 update, and have found that the option to turn go offline in playback of the settings menu has disappeared? Is there any other way to force to my de...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium

i recently bought spotify premium on ipod it did not register. i deleted the app and redownloaded did not work logged in and out multiple times did not work checked my itunes purchases it went through but i stil dont have spotify premium please help ...

• i recently bought spotify premium on ipod it did not register. i deleted the app and redownloaded did not work logged in and out multiple times did not work checked my itunes purchases it went throug...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! IOS 8, Spotify install but disappears.

Hello, I installed Spotify on my iPad Air. I actually watch it being installed but it just disappears after completion. If you search for it Spotify iTunes store result comes up. When you check the store the "OPEN" button is greyed out. I've restored...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I installed Spotify on my iPad Air. I actually watch it being installed but it just disappears after completion. If you search for it Spotify iTunes store result comes up. When you check the...
  • mclass1
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Limiting Streaming while on 3G/LTE

I thought I saw this somewhere but i can't find it. Can someone remind me if there's a way to disable streaming when spotify is NOT connected to WiFi? Can someone confirm that when a playlist is marked "make available offline" that spotify will not s...

• Visitor
  • I thought I saw this somewhere but i can't find it.  Can someone remind me if there's a way to disable streaming when spotify is NOT connected to WiFi?  Can someone confirm that when a play...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify closes down when my iphone enters screensave mode.

After my last Spotify update, my spotify closes down when the phone goes in to screensave mode. That means that the music stops suddently. How can i fix this? If you can write in danish its fine, but english is okay. Best regardsRené Jensen

• After my last Spotify update, my spotify closes down when the phone goes in to screensave mode. That means that the music stops suddently. How can i fix this?   If you can write in danish it...
  • Maccan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

My premium account isn't activating

I just signed up for it and on my app it still says free what should I do. I logged out and back in...

• I just signed up for it and on my app it still says free what should I do. I logged out and back in...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting Offline Songs

I am a new Premium using and I'm loving it on my iPhone 6 so far. However I've run into a bit of a snag. I can download songs for offline use, that's not a problem. The problem comes when I want to "undownload" a song from an album, but not neccessar...

• I am a new Premium using and I'm loving it on my iPhone 6 so far. However I've run into a bit of a snag.   I can download songs for offline use, that's not a problem. The problem comes when ...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS 8
    iphone
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS app shows me as free, web as premium

i should be premium, right?I've signed out and back in. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Both several times. How do I fix it?

• i should be premium, right? I've signed out and back in. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Both several times. How do I fix it?
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to play songs on ipad 1

Spotify used to work well on my ipad 1. But for some time now i'm unable to play any songs in my own playlists. Only after i used the search function the searched for titles play. But sometimes not even that works. How can i solve this problem?

• Spotify used to work well on my ipad 1. But for some time now i'm unable to play any songs in my own playlists. Only after i used the search function the searched for titles play. But sometimes not e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

i have a ipod nano and it wont sync any of my music to it.

I have a regular ipod nano 5th edition and it doesnt go online. i was under the impresion that i could sync my music from spotify to my ipod. but its saying that i can only sync music from local files. i dont know if that means that i can only put mu...

• I have a regular ipod nano 5th edition and it doesnt go online. i was under the impresion that i could sync my music from spotify to my ipod. but its saying that i can only sync music from local file...
  • spotifyman16
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

only shuffle available in app instead per song

I have a premium account. Since a day I can not select in a playlist the song I would like to listen to. The only option is to use shuffle. Can someone please advice what to do?

• I have a premium account. Since a day I can not select in a playlist the song I would like to listen to. The only option is to use shuffle. Can someone please advice what to do?
  • rbergma29
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shuffle play button premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode - songs start and stop

I am trying to listen to my offline playlist in the car (I am a premium user). I can see that my songs have 'synced' to offline and I have turned my app to offline mode. I click a song to play and it plays for maybe 5-15seconds and then stops. Its al...

• I am trying to listen to my offline playlist in the car (I am a premium user). I can see that my songs have 'synced' to offline and I have turned my app to offline mode. I click a song to play and it...
  • rbergma29
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline downloading- doesn't work?

Hey, so I have Sotify premium. Works perfect with 3G or wifi. Problem is when I'm abroad in off line mode. I have flicked the Off line switch on a number of albums but they are not actually available off line. How do I make them available off line. U...

• Hey, so I have Sotify premium. Works perfect with 3G or wifi. Problem is when I'm abroad in off line mode. I have flicked the Off line switch on a number of albums but they are not actually available...
  • rbergma29
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

offline available button missing

Hello i´m using a iphone 4s and upgraded spotify today. i removed and installed the app, but i have no offline available button! how to i get the music offline available? many thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   i´m using a iphone 4s and upgraded spotify today.   i removed and installed the app, but i have no offline available button!   how to i get the music offline availa...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Not Activating

Hey everyone,This morning, 10 hours ago, I renewed my spotify premium accountSince then it still appears as a "free account" on my phoneI've restarted the app as well as re downloaded it and logged outCan anyone help??Thank you!

• Hey everyone, This morning, 10 hours ago, I renewed my spotify premium account Since then it still appears as a "free account" on my phone I've restarted the app as well as re downloaded it and lo...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes