Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! Playlists are GONE

I went to play some of my music from playlists that I've painstakingly created and they are ALL GONE!!!!! I'm a Premium Member who is paid current so I'm not sure where the disconnect took place or why this happened but I need them Back! HELP

• Casual Listener
  • I went to play some of my music from playlists that I've painstakingly created and they are ALL GONE!!!!!  I'm a Premium Member who is paid current so I'm not sure where the disconnect took plac...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't recognize my premium account on my ipod touch

I have tried to reinstall spotify ios app three times on my fourth gen ipod touch and my premium account is not recognized by my ipod touch. Works finw on my ipad and desktop. spotify username: bleekers

• I have tried to reinstall spotify ios app three times on my fourth gen ipod touch and my premium account is not recognized by my ipod touch.   Works finw on my ipad and desktop.   s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes on load no warning

Really weird one this, very recenlty Spotify on my iPhone 4s crashes immediately after loading. I deleted the app and reinstalled and all was well. Then I starred some new tracks on Spotify desktop on my Mac and when I tried to load Spotify on the iP...

• Community Legend
  • Really weird one this, very recenlty Spotify on my iPhone 4s crashes immediately after loading. I deleted the app and reinstalled and all was well. Then I starred some new tracks on Spotify desktop o...
  • timiambeing
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No audio via Apple TV

I'm using the app on my iPad streaming to my AppleTV. The TV will display the album cover of the song I'm playing but not the audio. The same setup works fine with my iPhone. Any ideas on what's wrong with the iPad? Thanks, Aaric

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using the app on my iPad streaming to my AppleTV.  The TV will display the album cover of the song I'm playing but not the audio.  The same setup works fine with my iPhone.  Any id...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync ipod without itunes

I just downloaded Spotify Premium., set up my first playlist, made it local, and now want to sync to my ipod nano. the nano appears in devices, but when I click it, it says"Your ipod needs to be restored. To sync with Spotify please restore and set u...

• Casual Listener
  • I just downloaded Spotify Premium., set up my first playlist, made it local, and now want to sync to my ipod nano. the nano appears in devices, but when I click it, it says"Your ipod needs to be rest...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows Media Player Playlist

I recently updated Spotify mobile on my 4S and I now have playlist titled Windows Media Player. It contains my old playlists from before the update. This is a problem because I cannot delete playlists inside of the WMP playlist. Is there anyway to re...

• I recently updated Spotify mobile on my 4S and I now have playlist titled Windows Media Player.  It contains my old playlists from before the update.  This is a problem because I cannot del...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Online/Offline

Hi, I´d love to have Spotify on my iPhone running online whilst WLAN connected but offline (to avoid streaming costs) whilst connected via 3G. Is this possible? I only got aware of the option to switch to OFFLINE manually.Thanks for your help.Best

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I´d love to have Spotify on my iPhone running online whilst WLAN connected but offline (to avoid streaming costs) whilst connected via 3G. Is this possible? I only got aware of the option to swit...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant log in to Spotify App on ipad

I am trying to load the Spotify app onto my daughter's ipad using my Spotify Premium account details (not FaceBook), but when I put the details in it seems to be trying to take me to the FaceBook log-in page. The screen I am getting is this one: When...

IMG_5222.png
  • I am trying to load the Spotify app onto my daughter's ipad using my Spotify Premium account details (not FaceBook), but when I put the details in it seems to be trying to take me to the FaceBook log...
  • franandtess
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Syncing Offline Playlists to iPhone

Hi. I have googled this and I cannot find an answer. If I 'sync' all my playlists (they are all marked for offline on my pc and iPhone) when Spotify desktop is open should Spotify send the songs across WiFi or is the iPhone app still downloading via ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.   I have googled this and I cannot find an answer. If I 'sync' all my playlists (they are all marked for offline on my pc and iPhone) when Spotify desktop is open should Spotify send the...
  • Dimtar
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iPhone app shuts off when I try to log in through FB.

I have deleted the app several times, shut off the phone and reinstalled. Same problem persists. I'm able to log in online and have access to my full premium membership on my Mac. Please help.

• I have deleted the app several times, shut off the phone and reinstalled. Same problem persists. I'm able to log in online and have access to my full premium membership on my Mac. Please help.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

48 hour trial not working

So I just downloaded the Spotify app on my iPod Touch and started the 48 Hour Trial. I was listening to music for at least 1 hour until I stopped then when I got back to to listening to Spotify, it gave me limited skips to listen. I logged out and lo...

• So I just downloaded the Spotify app on my iPod Touch and started the 48 Hour Trial. I was listening to music for at least 1 hour until I stopped then when I got back to to listening to Spotify, it g...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Playlists

I think I am confused about Offline Playlists. It seems when I am mobile in my car listening to my playlists in Offline Mode, it is adding to my Data allotment on my iPhone 4S. I thought if you were in Offline Mode then listening to playlists in Offl...

• Gig Goer
  • I think I am confused about Offline Playlists.  It seems when I am mobile in my car listening to my playlists in Offline Mode, it is adding to my Data allotment on my iPhone 4S.  I thought ...
  • ryoung4341
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone offline playlist

When i want to Sync Playlists on my Iphone 5 to make them available for offline mode it does not sync and it shows me an exclamation mark .I have a Premium Account

• When i want to Sync Playlists on my Iphone 5 to make them available for offline mode it does not sync and it shows me an exclamation mark . I have a Premium Account
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Ipad says i dont have premium

I just bought spotify on my computer and it wont lett me play my music out of wifi range and on my ipad it says i dont eeven have spotify premuim.

• I just bought spotify on my computer and it wont lett me play my music out of wifi range and on my ipad it says i dont eeven have spotify premuim.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't delete corrupt folder on Spotify on my iPhone

I have a folder on Spotify on my iPhone that won't delete when i try to. The Spotify-App just crashes. The folder isn't visible on my computer's spotify playlists... Its driving me nuts, could you help me out here Spotify??? Please is there a support...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a folder on Spotify on my iPhone that won't delete when i try to. The Spotify-App just crashes. The folder isn't visible on my computer's spotify playlists... Its driving me nuts, could you he...
  • aiekay
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify music playback nearly unusable on my iOS devices

Hello, I'm a subscriber, and over the last couple days I've noted severe playback issues preventing me from enjoying music on either of my iOS devices (Up to date iPad2 and iPhone). In multiple locations: Home over 50/10 broadband, Work on the US Eas...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  I'm a subscriber, and over the last couple days I've noted severe playback issues preventing me from enjoying music on either of my iOS devices (Up to date iPad2 and iPhone). In multi...
  • pfluty
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync my local files on ipod 5

Hi, I'm a premium member and I recently got an Ipod 5. I was able to sync the normal files using the wifi, but I can't sync my local files. Spotify doesn't detect the device, even when it's plugged in (there's no problem with the plugging because iTu...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm a premium member and I recently got an Ipod 5. I was able to sync the normal files using the wifi, but I can't sync my local files. Spotify doesn't detect the device, even when...
  • PierreAlexis
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone syncing slooooooow. (not an iPhone 5 issue- 4S)

So as everyone must already know, the iPhone app for Spotify is pretty much useless as the syncing of music is so painfully slow. I've read on this forum the problem is listed as an iPhone 5 one. It's not, it's happening to my 4S, and it happens with...

• So as everyone must already know, the iPhone app for Spotify is pretty much useless as the syncing of music is so painfully slow. I've read on this forum the problem is listed as an iPhone 5 one. It'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone to display top 1,2,3 lists from countries like pc?

Hey Guys Very happy with Spotify mobile but would like to know how to view "on mobile" 123 top lists in country of choice like you can do on PC??? Under PC spotify on the mid left hand side under apps where you can view tracks and albums of current h...

• Hey Guys   Very happy with Spotify mobile but would like to know how to view "on mobile" 123 top lists in country of choice like you can do on PC??? Under PC spotify on the mid left hand sid...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Song information not showing up on pioneer head unit

Recently updated the spotify app and the artist/song info is hit and miss showing up on my pioneer head unit as well as the previous/forward function. Both used to work perfectly before the update, and I am connected via USB. Is anyone else having th...

• Recently updated the spotify app and the artist/song info is hit and miss showing up on my pioneer head unit as well as the previous/forward function. Both used to work perfectly before the update, a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes