Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

iPad: support syncing folders

Hi, Is it me, or whole folders cannot be synched in one go in the new iPad app? In the iphone version this was possible, but now it seems like I have to go into each one of the playlists inside a folder to select that I want to enable offline mode fo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Is it me, or whole folders cannot be synched in one go in the new iPad app? In the iphone version this was possible, but now it seems like I have to go into each one of the playlists inside a fol...
  • laglj
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone doesn't show up under 'Devices'

I used to use my iPhone 4 with Spotify, and it worked great. A couple months ago I got the iPhone 5 and after setting it all up I found it would not show up under Devices in Spotify while plugged into USB. I do not have a wireless router here (bit of...

• Visitor
  • I used to use my iPhone 4 with Spotify, and it worked great. A couple months ago I got the iPhone 5 and after setting it all up I found it would not show up under Devices in Spotify while plugged int...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

premium does'nt work aftet changing iphone

Hi, My account is gabriel.ansel and since I changed my iphone my premium account is not recognized on my mobile (although it is on my computer...) Can you help me ? Gabriel

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   My account is gabriel.ansel and since I changed my iphone my premium account is not recognized on my mobile (although it is on my computer...)   Can you help me ? Gabriel ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Iphone

Hi, I have had the Spotify free account for some time now. I just got the Iphone 4S for Christmas so I bought Spotify Premium because it is the easiest way for me to listen to music on my Iphone. My problem is that the premium account is working on m...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have had the Spotify free account for some time now. I just got the Iphone 4S for Christmas so I bought Spotify Premium because it is the easiest way for me to listen to music on my ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problems with premium

I have premium now but I paid while I was still on the free trial. Now on the top of my phone it says: Spotify premium trial has ended. But I paid for it and can still stream the music and everything. I just wast the message at the top to go away. Pl...

• Casual Listener
  • I have premium now but I paid while I was still on the free trial. Now on the top of my phone it says: Spotify premium trial has ended. But I paid for it and can still stream the music and everything...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Using spotify repeatedly on two devices?

To my understanding, the Premium subscription allows for multiple devices to be used with the account. I.e computer, iphone, ipad etc. But when im listening to music on my iphone in my room, and my brother borrows my ipad and tries to listen to music...

• Casual Listener
  • To my understanding, the Premium subscription allows for multiple devices to be used with the account. I.e computer, iphone, ipad etc. But when im listening to music on my iphone in my room, and...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account only syncing local files

I have a premium account and an up to date iphone 5, but the app will only sync local files. Thanks in advance for the help!

• I have a premium account and an up to date iphone 5, but the app will only sync local files. Thanks in advance for the help!
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music on spotify app on iPhone different to my library?

I have put some Oasis CD's on to my iTunes and it works on iTunes and it alsoworks on my spotify on my PC. But when I try and play Oasis on my spotify app on my phone, it either plays an instrumental version or doesnt play anything? What is going on?

• Regular
  • I have put some Oasis CD's on to my iTunes and it works on iTunes and it alsoworks on my spotify on my PC.   But when I try and play Oasis on my spotify app on my phone, it either plays an i...
  • amb543
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

CANNOT LOGIN IN WITH FACEBOOK

I CHANGED STATUS TO OFFLINE TO PLAY PLALIST IN CAR. NOW I CANNOT LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK TAKES ME BACK TO SPOTIFY ICON IN I-PHONE. HELP

• I CHANGED STATUS TO OFFLINE TO PLAY PLALIST IN CAR.  NOW I CANNOT LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK TAKES ME BACK TO SPOTIFY ICON IN I-PHONE. HELP
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files synced to iPhone replaced with incorrect streaming versions?

Occasionally I do find an album that doesen't exist in the Spotify library. So I've ripped The Editors An End Has A Start CD in m4a using iTunes. I've aded it to Spotify. I've made a playlist out of it. I've ticked the checkmark on the playlist when ...

• Music Fan
  • Occasionally I do find an album that doesen't exist in the Spotify library. So I've ripped The Editors An End Has A Start CD in m4a using iTunes. I've aded it to Spotify. I've made a playli...
  • amb543
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Rogue Empty Folder Refuses To Die, Crashes My Everything.

Woe unto ye, fellow Spotifyers. I come bearing word of a great bug which hath descended upon the lands of my people. A ravenous beast of the empty folder clan hath appeared near the bottom of my treasured playlists. The locals say that it came from t...

• Casual Listener
  • Woe unto ye, fellow Spotifyers. I come bearing word of a great bug which hath descended upon the lands of my people. A ravenous beast of the empty folder clan hath appeared near the bottom of my trea...
  • rkrigney
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Download to offline available problems

New songs are no longer downloaded to my offline available playlist! How can this be

• New songs are no longer downloaded to my offline available playlist! How can this be
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Account does not update

Just purchased a Premium Account and it does not update on my App! Please help Ihave already logged out and in about a half dozen times. Help!

• Just purchased  a  Premium Account and it does not update on my App!  Please help Ihave already logged out and in about a half dozen times. Help!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

problems getting premium to wprk on second device

I am trying to log into my account on 2 different devices and while they are both logged in. It only lets one of them have the premium abilities. On the second device it only lets me listen to the radio and tells me im not a premium member. Please he...

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to log into my account on 2 different devices and while they are both logged in. It only lets one of them have the premium abilities. On the second device it only lets me listen to the ra...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

problem starting spotify on ipad in online mode

spotify closes down after a few seconds on ipad when trying online mode. I have a premium spotify. Offline mode doesn't give any problems

• spotify closes down after a few seconds on ipad when trying online mode. I have a premium spotify. Offline mode doesn't give any problems
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant upgrade my iphone

Spotify says I have to upgrade and my iphone wont update. It is unlocked and jailbroken. Is there anyway I can get the app without upgrading? I just bought premium but if i cant use it on my phone will have to cancel. tkx

• Spotify says I have to upgrade and my iphone wont update. It is unlocked and jailbroken. Is there anyway I can get the app without upgrading? I just bought premium but if i cant use it on my phone wi...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

not syncing

hi everyonei have this problem where my music will sync on my laptop but not on my iphone 4. Does anyone know how to solve this?would be gratefull for any kind of help!

• hi everyone i have this problem where my music will sync on my laptop but not on my iphone 4. Does anyone know how to solve this? would be gratefull for any kind of help!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium is not working on iPhone

I just upgraded to a 3 month premium account, but my iphone still states I need to upgrade. Please help.

• Regular
  • I just upgraded to a 3 month premium account, but my iphone still states I need to upgrade.  Please help.  
  • robcarper
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod 4 - No Music

So, Spotify works fine... although... there is no sound coming from any songs. I've checked to see whether the global setting of the iPod is on volume and volume is just fine on iPod itself. Though nothing plays on Spotify via iPod. iPod is iPod 4.

• Casual Listener
  • So, Spotify works fine...   although... there is no sound coming from any songs.   I've checked to see whether the global setting of the iPod is on volume and volume is just fine on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes