Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

30 day free trial not working on iPhone

I've been using the free iPhone app for a while but just started the 30 day free trial and it doesn't recognize that I've upgraded. Ive read threads here and tried some of the solutions (logging in w spotify credentials or Facebook credentials) but t...

• I've been using the free iPhone app for a while but just started the 30 day free trial and it doesn't recognize that I've upgraded. Ive read threads here and tried some of the solutions (logging in w...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest/recent iOS app updates are a disgrace

The iOS app has been unstable/usuable for about six months now. I'd say the last four updates have rendered Spotify mobile absolutely useless. What are the development team thinking? Surely they should be testing the app before putting out there? Sur...

• Gig Goer
  • The iOS app has been unstable/usuable for about six months now. I'd say the last four updates have rendered Spotify mobile absolutely useless. What are the development team thinking? Surely they shou...
  • moonseal
  • Regular
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes

Offline scrobbling cache still not working

I just updated and it will still only send the very last tracks I listen to lastfm. Annoying.

• Roadie
  • I just updated and it will still only send the very last tracks I listen to lastfm. Annoying.
  • talesfer
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Last.fm scrobbling not working in the new iOS app

I love the new iPad app but it doesn't seem to want to scrobble to Last.fm anymore. Prior to the release of the iPad app, I was using the iPhone app on my iPad and it would scrobble without any problems. I have tried the following to get scrobbling w...

• Casual Listener
  • I love the new iPad app but it doesn't seem to want to scrobble to Last.fm anymore. Prior to the release of the iPad app, I was using the iPhone app on my iPad and it would scrobble without any probl...
  • talesfer
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Song won't load on iPad

A few days before the update, I could only play 1 song from the entire playlist, then after the update, I can't play any song at all. Been re-installed the app again and again for at least 5 times now but no luck I'm a premium user. Fix this please!

• Casual Listener
  • A few days before the update, I could only play 1 song from the entire playlist, then after the update, I can't play any song at all.  Been re-installed the app again and again for at least 5 ti...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes on 3GS

This is a joke. Your app constantly crashes on my iPhone 3GS. I can play 1 or 2 tracks, and then the screen goes black for a second and the app crashes. Nevermind the poor usability and the gaps in the stream - it's the crashing that gets on my nerve...

• Casual Listener
  • This is a joke. Your app constantly crashes on my iPhone 3GS. I can play 1 or 2 tracks, and then the screen goes black for a second and the app crashes. Nevermind the poor usability and the gaps in t...
  • Raphael
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

New iPad Spotify version of today August 28: Cannot find the Air Play icon!

Well, I installed the new Spotify version for iPad today August 28. But I cannot find the Air Play icon. It seems to be gone! Has Apple forced Spotify to take it away, perhaps due to iTunes competition?

• Casual Listener
  • Well, I installed the new Spotify version for iPad today August 28. But I cannot find the Air Play icon. It seems to be gone! Has Apple forced Spotify to take it away, perhaps due to iTunes competiti...
  • Sten
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists are gone premium user

Hi there, I'm a Premium spotify user and I created a lot of playlists over the past year. Now all of the sudden most of my playlists are gone!! On my iphone and computer... This really frustrates me, since I'm paying 10 euros a month to play music. p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I'm a Premium spotify user and I created a lot of playlists over the past year. Now all of the sudden most of my playlists are gone!! On my iphone and computer... This really fru...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't upgrade to premium

I paid my subscription and it won't let me play music what is going on! I have always had problems with spotify, please help before I switch from spotify!

• I paid my subscription and it won't let me play music what is going on! I have always had problems with spotify, please help before I switch from spotify!
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Premium trial ended

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/zk5xn9.png[/IMG] There is no fix, I am a premium member (not this account), all premium features work. What can be done? I've deleted the app, restarted iPhone then reinstalled, I've been following this thread http://commu...

• [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/zk5xn9.png[/IMG]   There is no fix, I am a premium member (not this account), all premium features work.   What can be done?   I've deleted the ...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

music wont play on iphone

hi, i just got premuim spotify and when i click on a song it doesn't play. is this because i am downloading sons for offline mode, do i have to wait for all of them to finnish. also it keeps saying it has stopped and i habe to go back into it to resu...

• hi, i just got premuim spotify and when i click on a song it doesn't play. is this because i am downloading sons for offline mode, do i have to wait for all of them to finnish. also it keeps saying i...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode - why is this feature hidden in the deep?

Latest version 0.5.5 After the last update some changes have been made to the settings menu. It makes it more difficult to switch between offline / online mode. I'm only online as long as I am connected to wi-fi, and since I change quite often in the...

• Latest version 0.5.5   After the last update some changes have been made to the settings menu. It makes it more difficult to switch between offline / online mode. I'm only online as long as ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

iOS4 app won't recognize free 48hr trial after crash

I downloaded the new iOS4 app today, and logged in for my 48 hour free trial. It worked brilliantly for about 10 minutes. I created a couple playlists and made them available offline. I then began streaming an album, and a couple tracks into it the a...

• Visitor
  • I downloaded the new iOS4 app today, and logged in for my 48 hour free trial.  It worked brilliantly for about 10 minutes.  I created a couple playlists and made them available offline. &nb...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My premium isnt working

Just got it and it says I dont have it on my phone

• Just got it and it says I dont have it on my phone
  • bonna95
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify just wont upload certain songs to my iphone

They're in itunes and are acc 128 format . Other songs of the same format upload fine but one particular album refuses to copy accross. What can be wrong?

• Gig Goer
  • They're in itunes and are acc 128 format . Other songs of the same format upload fine but one particular album refuses to copy accross. What can be wrong?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Extreme sounds like normal on iOS 6 beta 4 withe new update

I tried reinstalling app too. Let me know if you have the same issues. Sucks. It says extreme still it just sounds like normal compared to my iPad on ios5

• Visitor
  • I tried reinstalling app too. Let me know if you have the same issues. Sucks. It says extreme still it just sounds like normal compared to my iPad on ios5
  • Gonzy88
  • Casual Listener
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline Mode Requires Connection to Login

Offline mode is requiring me to login with an internet connection everytime I try to use it. It's supposed to store the session for 30 days but unless I start the app with a data connection and then turn off my data, it does not allow me to play my o...

• Casual Listener
  • Offline mode is requiring me to login with an internet connection everytime I try to use it.  It's supposed to store the session for 30 days but unless I start the app with a data connection and...
  • shashp
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

no login in the flightmodus

I have a big problem. If i am in a plane or not in germany, i only use my iphone in the flightmodus. and i want to use the offline-playlist of spotify. but i have to login before i can use it. a big bug. with napster can i use evertytime my offlinemu...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a big problem. If i am in a plane or not in germany, i only use my iphone in the flightmodus. and i want to use the offline-playlist of spotify. but i have to login before i can use it. a big ...
  • thndrdan
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

HAVE TO HAVE WIFI CONNECTION TO USE OFFLINE MODE

HAVE TO HAVE WIFI CONNECTIO TO USE OFFLINE MODE -EVEN AS A PREMIUM MEMBER AS YOU HAVE TO CONNECT THRU FACEBOOK-PER EMPLOYEE EMAIL YESTERDAY Every time my iPad is turned off, theOffline Mode settings change to NO. I keep turning it back to yes. I can'...

• HAVE TO HAVE WIFI CONNECTIO TO USE OFFLINE MODE -EVEN AS A PREMIUM MEMBER AS YOU HAVE TO CONNECT THRU FACEBOOK-PER EMPLOYEE EMAIL YESTERDAY   Every time my iPad is turned off, theOffline Mod...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

iPad memory usage growing and growing...

Hey I noticed a strange thing/problem: all of a sudden Spotify takes over 500mb of memory...so I uninstall the app and reinstall. Ok, memory usage is now 84mb...fine...I play portions from three songs over 3G and bam, the memory usage of Spotify is w...

• Visitor
  • Hey I noticed a strange thing/problem: all of a sudden Spotify takes over 500mb of memory...so I uninstall the app and reinstall. Ok, memory usage is now 84mb...fine...I play portions from three song...
  • tjb
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes