Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Spotify Searches fail, playlists load only a few random songs, etc.

I just upgraded to premium this morning and logged in on my iPhone 5. The playlist names synced, and the local files synces, but most songs on most playlists dont even show up. As I search an artist, their songs show up in the playlists, and most sea...

• I just upgraded to premium this morning and logged in on my iPhone 5. The playlist names synced, and the local files synces, but most songs on most playlists dont even show up. As I search an artist,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible to get the latest added tracks at the top?

Lemme try and explain what I mean. I've got one huge playlist with 940 songs that I add new tracks to almost everyday and on the desktop version of Spotify it's possible to sort the songs by "Added", so it sorts them by the date their added. And on t...

• Visitor
  • Lemme try and explain what I mean. I've got one huge playlist with 940 songs that I add new tracks to almost everyday and on the desktop version of Spotify it's possible to sort the songs by "Added",...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Phone loses 3g and wont pick it back up.

Has anyone else had this issue. Ive notice my 4s losing 3g connection all the time. Thought it was the phone. Got a new phone. Today i used pandora instead of spotify and it was flawless. Does Spotify suck up or mess with the phones connections? Seem...

• Has anyone else had this issue. Ive notice my 4s losing 3g connection all the time. Thought it was the phone. Got a new phone. Today i used pandora instead of spotify and it was flawless. Does Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

losing downloaded playlists

I am on the premium subscription and I use three devices. When my son downloads songs on his iPod touch my downloads are removed from my Android phone. How can I stop this from happening

• Casual Listener
  • I am on the premium subscription and I use three devices. When my son downloads songs on his iPod touch my downloads are removed from my Android phone. How can I stop this from happening
  • wmarkowsky
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music is just not playing on iPhone 4s - Premium

Hello, I come to request a bit of info/help on Spotify Mobile for Iphone. The app is working and I can see all my playlists, but when i press play nothing happens and i've tried to delete and download the app again, but nothing changes. It's rather a...

-1.png
  •   Hello,   I come to request a bit of info/help on Spotify Mobile for Iphone. The app is working and I can see all my playlists, but when i press play nothing happens and i've tried t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is great, iOS app needs help

While this app is by far better than most of its kind, this is mostly due to spotify being awesome.Complaints:- Can't edit playlist names. - Can't rearrange playlists. - Can't arrange radio stations. - Cant move multiple tracks from one list (such as...

• Casual Listener
  • While this app is by far better than most of its kind, this is mostly due to spotify being awesome. Complaints: - Can't edit playlist names.  - Can't rearrange playlists.  - Can't arr...
  • TheNinjaNaren
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Premium Frustration

I've been having problems with my Spotify Premium subscription for several months and up until recently I thought it was my old iPhone 4 however I have now upgraded to iPhone 5 and I am experiencing the same issues.- Spotify randomly stops playing an...

• Regular
  • I've been having problems with my Spotify Premium subscription for several months and up until recently I thought it was my old iPhone 4 however I have now upgraded to iPhone 5 and I am experiencing ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stops playing at 1.30

Hi. My spotify on my iphone stops around 1.30-1.40. If I then skip ahead a couple of seconds the song plays for another 1.30 and stops again.Got the newest ios and the phone is a iPhone 4.I have tried to delete the history and cache in safari and uni...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. My spotify on my iphone stops around 1.30-1.40. If I then skip ahead a couple of seconds the song plays for another 1.30 and stops again. Got the newest ios and the phone is a iPhone 4. I h...
  • urkelme
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone

Hi there, I am about to switch over to the iphone and have been an avid spotify user for the past 3 years. One thing i noticed within my spotify app on my itouch is that the music stops playing the moment i exit the app and go back to my homescreen. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I am about to switch over to the iphone and have been an avid spotify user for the past 3 years. One thing i noticed within my spotify app on my itouch is that the music stops pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Account doesn't work on my IPad

I have the newest iPad and my spotify premium account isn't recognized at all, I have reinstalled the app a few times now and nothing changes. Ugh.

• Visitor
  • I have the newest iPad and my spotify premium account isn't recognized at all, I have reinstalled the app a few times now and nothing changes. Ugh.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Refund

I have documented 3 e-mails to spotify so far. I have been billed for the month of septemper for 9.999 my case numbers are 00277009 and 00284722. On the 18th of September I followed all the necessary steps for cancelling my subscription, but was bill...

• I have documented 3 e-mails to spotify so far. I have been billed for the month of septemper for 9.999 my case numbers are 00277009 and 00284722. On the 18th of September I followed all the necessary...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone app cuts out

When playing a offline line playlist the app just cuts out. This is very frustrating when using it to play for a party. Can some one tell me what is going on? Thanks.

• When playing a offline line playlist the app just cuts out. This is very frustrating when using it to play for a party. Can some one tell me what is going on? Thanks.
  • sweetmomba
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Logged off as soon as iphone has no network

Iphone 4S running IOS6 (yeah, that £$^%£6$) Scenario1: I start to listen to my offline playlists when the phone is online at home or on the street. Then without quitting the app I enter to the tube (no network) and keep listening. Scenario2: I enter ...

• Music Fan
  • Iphone 4S running IOS6 (yeah, that £$^%£6$)   Scenario1: I start to listen to my offline playlists when the phone is online at home or on the street. Then without quitting the app I enter to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone wont show premium

hi, i'm a new user and I have premium on my ipad but it wont show up on my iphone, can you help please. I don't log on via facebook - should I? thank you

• hi,   i'm a new user and I have premium on my ipad but it wont show up on my iphone, can you help please. I don't log on via facebook - should I? thank you
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone as purely offline device (Rhapsody)

I currently use Rhapsody to transfer tracks to my mp3 player. These are tracks I have not purchased and are not local. I must update the license on them every so often. I have the ability to temporarily download them to my mp3 player. Is it possible ...

• I currently use Rhapsody to transfer tracks to my mp3 player.  These are tracks I have not purchased and are not local.  I must update the license on them every so often.  I have the a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone app keeps freezing/crashing

So I got duped into spending £9.99 on a premium Spotify account (I forgot to cancel my account after the free 30 day trial). I had every intention of cancelling my account as the free trial kept crashing and I thought it was stupid. So anyway, I've p...

• So I got duped into spending £9.99 on a premium Spotify account (I forgot to cancel my account after the free 30 day trial). I had every intention of cancelling my account as the free trial kept cras...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

search option after update ios6?

Hi there, I am under the inpression my searchfunction fails, after i've installed the recent update. Is it just me, or is it a bug?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I am under the inpression my searchfunction fails, after i've installed the recent update. Is it just me, or is it a bug?  
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify iOS Problems

There are 2 things I've noticed with the current version of Spotify on the iOS. One is that the song titles do not update on the iPod lock screen. When the track changes, the name on the lock screen will not change after 2 songs, saying that it is pl...

• Casual Listener
  • There are 2 things I've noticed with the current version of Spotify on the iOS.   One is that the song titles do not update on the iPod lock screen. When the track changes, the name on the l...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

My spotify premium is not activating

I purchased spotify premium and I still am getting adds. Also when I click to upgrade it says that I have Premium. Finally the app on my iPhone 4 is also telling me I need to purchase premium to stream music, but I have already done so

• Casual Listener
  • I purchased spotify premium and I still am getting adds.  Also when I click to upgrade it says that I have Premium.  Finally the app on my iPhone 4 is also telling me I need to purchase pre...
  • Kingbob_5000
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Sync Music to Offline Playlist?

I've had a spotify account for over 8 months now, but I just recently got an iphone, downloaded the spotify app and upgraded to premium. When I turn on the "Available Offline" mode on my "starred" playlist, all the small arrows pointing down under th...

• I've had a spotify account for over 8 months now, but I just recently got an iphone, downloaded the spotify app and upgraded to premium. When I turn on the "Available Offline" mode on my "starred" pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes